Do you wear a shemagh?

Do you wear a shemagh?

Attached: durka durka shemagh is fa as fuck.png (304x349, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Health/baltimore-protests-experts-caution-milk-antacid-wash-pepper/story?id=30653488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have a balaclava and some half-face masks.

Yes

Goes great with my super thin $160 Xs v necked T-shirt and my vintage glasses, lumber jack bear, iPhone che guvera and Bernie sanders badges and my onions latte

were to buy one not made with brown child slave labor?

Only when I'm operating, inshallah.

Attached: Oper8.png (500x750, 566K)

But maintaining oppression of the Middle Eastern children is the only reason to wear a shemagh if you're from the Western World.

If it's not made by brown middle eastern children, then wouldn't it literally just be a scarf?

>implying you're a US marshall
I think pic related is your real job.

Attached: CM-Aug-2013-4-0x565.jpg (980x565, 134K)

lmao yes. pissed off some boomer at a range once.

No I'm not a hipster faggot or a communist

No you didnt. You're just being a retarded summerfag trying to seem cool.

No, I don't order quadrupedal shot strawberry soi garlic infused mocha lattes at the local bookstores starbucks and then proceed to """whisper""" to myself while writing my shitty novel

long time lurker, started posting ~2 years ago.

Post one (1) gun.

Attached: 1502072707204.png (1200x1332, 199K)

I have one folded up and kept in my backpack. I dont wear it

>started posting ~2 years ago
Pro-tip, don't brag that you started posting in what is widely considered the single worst year in Jow Forums's history when it came to newfags

Attached: 2016 ruined 4chan.png (1229x417, 75K)

>don't brag that you started posting in what is widely considered the single worst ear in Jow Forums's history when it came to newfags
at no point in there was I bragging about it.

>glumpf ruined Jow Forums!
graph proves otherwise

Nigger

Attached: 1234132412.jpg (1000x750, 407K)

Baste. What gun is that?

Attached: 20190527_012428.jpg (2160x2160, 1.42M)

chad

SVT-40, Russian WW2 battle rifle produced from 1940-1945, it was intended to completely replace the Mosin Nagant and be to the red army what the M1 Garand was to the US army, of course the cost of manufacturing and manufacturing time it took to make one was the same it took to make about three mosin nagants so the whole idea ended up going in the drain when Russia remembered it had an absolute fuckhuge army and the war with Germany meant arms manufacturing was in a really desperate state, ended up taking on the role of a kinda-sort DMR during the war.

Attached: 235243532.jpg (1000x750, 181K)

How are those berettas? I kinda want an older beretta for my collection

Very nice. I could see a sort of kind of resemblance to the SKS and the 91/30, but I wasn't quite sure what it was. Never seen an SVT-40 in person before. Cool rifle, dude.

Attached: 1539121859508.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I like mine quite a bit. It's a fine pistol for the $270 I paid for it. Only complaint I have are the sights are very small and difficult to use.

Nor him but I can't really think in a rebuttal for this statement. What about forest?

more like smegma

Yeah, there was a lot of "inspirations" when it came to soviet guns unsurprisingly, though the issue becomes a bit muddled with Simonov and Tokarev considering the AVS-36 (Simonov's rifle, basically the proto-SKS) came about two years before the SVT-38 (the more complicated older version of Tokarev's rifle) so it's really a question of chicken or egg.
But when you break it down the SKS really does kinda look like someone was basically trying to make an SVT-40 with less parts involved in the gas system and bolt assembly.

Funny enough the SVT-40's gas system went on to be the inspiration for some very notable rifles like the FAL and the AR-18 (and if you've been paying attention for the last few years, pretty much every new rifle these days is an AR-18 in a plastic shell) while the SKS only really inspired the VZ-58 and Chinese Type 81

Attached: 12341234312.jpg (1300x762, 524K)

You really seem to know your stuff. Based. This might be the first time I've seen somebody guns when asked to post guns. Please, feel free to make fun of shemaghs and the people who wear them anytime you wish. You've earned that right.

Attached: 1499236892751.jpg (1016x1016, 71K)

I wouldn't call myself an expert, far from it, but I love guns and love learning the interesting history and strange engineering quirks behind them, especially Soviet-era guns, and any opportunity I get to exchange information I and others have learned over our many years as gun nerds is one I eagerly jump at.
At the end of the day, no matter how many shitposts we all make, how many waifus we jerk off to, how many forests we burn down doing dumb shit, we're all just here because we like guns.

Attached: Czech Border Guard with a VZ. 23.jpg (480x600, 51K)

Occasionally. Very useful for blocking the wind, very intense sunlight, and even keeping cool if I soak it. An absolute must have when I'm on a Stryker and need to peak my head out for extended periods.

Not every durable so I've moved onto use a USGI coyote scarf for my scarf needs.

Attached: Pig gunner.jpg (1197x798, 101K)

Strykers are a thing still? I thought they got rid of those quick after figuring out it wasnt any better than what they had and moved back to the LAV 25

Styrkers are still a thing because the Army needed a highly mobile battle taxi to replace the aging M113 as well as needed it to be wheeled.

I thought wheels were worse for off road compared to tracks. Like I get wheels are way faster than a tracked IFV but I mean off road wouldnt tracks be faster?

Shemagh balls nigga K

Tracks are always better for off-road use, but wheeled vehicles like the Styrker offer enough strategic mobility that the Army has entire brigades of them. Plus, most wheeled vehicles used by the Army offer some sort of way to mitigate off-roading like 8x8 drive, low-tire pressure, etc etc.

For all intents and purposes, the Styrker and its derivatives are fine vehicles and fulfill distinct roles that the Army needed. Granted, there's some flaws like being top heavy and incredibly fucking cramped for maybe like the gunner, but that's an afterthought.

Yeah

Yes, but i wear it under a hat to shade my neck because, Arizona.

different user but this has been a comfy reply chain.

I tried wearing one and hated it
If you're not a sandnigger just wear a normal scarf, you hipster faggots.

The boomer solution to that is a little bit of red nail polish.

>But maintaining oppression of the Middle Eastern children
Yeah, they don't need our help they do that just fine themselves.

Dafuq is a lumberjack bear? Have you taught a bear to jack lumber?

Welp, there goes that argument

I have two shemaghs. I wear neither because it is a lot more fabric than I want around my neck. This is a cold climate and in winter we were solid jackets with collars, and a shemagh on top of that is under most conditions overkill.

Be weary of the Russians and their shenanigans.

Only keffiyeh
I love this pic/comment

You can buy a windbreaker with FBI on the back

Nah although he un-ironically pretty good when used in hot dusty conditions like the middle east.

I bought like 40 of them in Iraq. Gave most away as gifts. I've use them as pillow cases for camping. Worn occasionally.

I have one that I sometimes wear when it's cold enough to warrant wearing uncomfortable shit. I wrap that around my head and neck and then layer over it and it makes everything feel way better.

Call me a faggot for wearing a shemagh and thrift store m65 but god damn nothing's more /comfy/ on a brisk spring morning

Kufiya.org has them if you want one made in Palestine instead of India or China.

>population more than dubles when phone posting becomes viable
Wow! Its not like oldfags might be both phone and desktop posters or anything?

It would be cringey as fuck. BUT, I get exposed to OC and CS on a semi regular basis. I'm becoming immune to both. But it still isn't fun.

Would a Shemagh give me any protection at all? Even if it just kept the shit off my skin and some of my clothes?

It is a scarf. A big one. It's as useful as any other big scarf. The only unique part about it is that it doesn't try to retain heat; rather the opposite as long as you don't wrap it tightly.

I love mine. I wear it only when I'm out in the field doing army shit. Sometimes I'll wear it on a hot summer day while riding my motorcycle but other than that, I try to stay away from it since it is a hipster item now, although mine is green and dirty since I acquired it when I did a tour in Atropia.

No. I'm not Lenny Kravits.

Oh wait, you mean against CS gas. Shemaghs are known for their thin fabric, so a single layer is probably worse than any other option. Multiple layers might help a bit, but CS gas attacks the eyes more effectively than the mouth and nose and I doubt you mean to wrap the shemagh around your head so you can't see. It will protect the mouth and nose a little though, since the garment will filter out some of the gas particles. But when you draw in air the gas may still enter your cavities.

Dammit.

I need something. I can't bring my own gas mask to work. I can bring in (or sneak in) face and mouth covers. But it gets HOT here. So I can't use something too thick. I might get stuck wearing it for hours.

I guess I just need to embrace the spice and become immune. But...fuck.

This might be what you are looking for. Not ideal, but discrete to pack and not warm.

Attached: 1530968300801.jpg (1969x1703, 2.08M)

I don't even own a shemagh.

>SVT 40
My benis is now harder than the wood and steel that make that rifle.

I can't bring in the respirator. They'd catch me with that and I'd be fucked. I have my own goggles that are just fine for me to bring in. In the Winter I wore a thick scarf that worked pretty good. And I had a ski mask that also did a good job. But now, in 90-100 degree weather inside buildings with no AC, I'd die if I wore them.

There is also this, although I am sceptical to the whole Maalox thing. You are likely better off with just clean water.

Attached: defending against tear gas.jpg (700x950, 279K)

It doesn't work. Can confirm. I tried it once. Just dumping milk on your face does the best job, that I have tried so far.

>pro-tip.

BUT i can't carry a gallon jug of milk around either. And I can't keep it in my car because heat. In the winter I got dosed with OC and my buddy actually had a gallon of milk in his car (I don't know why the guy had milk in his car) he took me to the parking lot and made me lean over his truck bed and dumped it on me. It worked.

I had not heard of milk used against tear gas before. Sounds like a natural idea though. I looked a little into it and found this.

abcnews.go.com/Health/baltimore-protests-experts-caution-milk-antacid-wash-pepper/story?id=30653488

Basically he suggests saline water, which can be bought at apothecaries (or whatever medicine shops are called in your country), or you can make it at home by boiling water then add two teaspoons of salt per liter. Just clean water will help too though.

I really should make this into an infogram.

Now post a chart that isn't 3 years old. Jow Forums has had a massive downshift in traffic.

Milk doesn't work for CS. It works for OC. The best thing for CS is to stand in the wind, or to be near a fan. You can get in a car and put the AC on full blast, and CS goes away in like 5 minutes. If you just stand outside in a light breeze it goes away in about 10 to 15 minutes. Milk would just be like water for CS since CS doesn't have any chemicals that you can neutralize that way.

CS suck when it is being blown at you. But recovery from it is nothing you can't handle. It stops pretty fast. Unlike OC that will burn for a couple days in the worst cases.

I think saline is a bad idea.

This pic always reminds me of a Roman soldier.

Why? Salt water is cleansing. Sure it might annoy the skin and eyes but compared to the CS gas it is a minor issue. You don't mind swimming in the sea, do you?

I'll probably prefer just clean water though.

>apothecaries
Holy fuck that sounds medieval as shit

Yes; every day. Wearing it with camo is usually going a little over the top though, so I just wear it with my regular clothes.

I thank Kanye for making even the black and white pattern kind of a hipster fashion statement over "Hamas sympathizer."

Only complaint is that the Hirbawi (Palestine) manufactured ones do feel much thicker and softer than the Chinese copies, but their threads snag and get caught on everything.

>implying the lonewolf sniper was part of the marshalls

no I'm not a skinny metro faggot

I'm not a goat fucker so no.

Patrolling in the Mojave...

Yes, but only because I'm not ballsy enough to wear my swastika stuff around. Everyone who kills jews is okay in my book.

What do you do?

Unironically yes. I have yet to find a full face cover as comfy, and I do receiveing in a freezer wherhouse, so it's pretty great at sub zero temps where after a couple hours I can switch the iced up portions over and be good to go.

Attached: 1556902221085_1.jpg (102x152, 4K)

nah but I have one exactly like your pic, OP. i carry it when i'm /out/.

This is so cringe it hurts.

Attached: 1555640225642m.jpg (1024x683, 71K)

You paid $160 for a fucking shirt? I bought my Shemaghs from some goat fucker. Comfiest thing I've ever worn.

>Do you wear a shemagh?
No, but I bet OP wears a LOT of smegma all over his face.

why the fuck do i keep reading this as "smegma"
god im fucking retarded

I have one a LN gifted me. I don't wear it because I'm not a communist fag or still in Afghanistan.

I have one but I don't wear it. What I do wear are a couple of thin, almost crepe-like wool scarves that do a great job of retaining and dissipating heat when needed, wool is awesome like that.

Faggots

>be me
>family decides to go on roadtrip
>going to the southwest
>big iron intensifies
>we're going to hit as many southwest national parks as possible
>zion
>grand canyon
>arches (among others like yosemite)
>had a shemagh cause looks operator
>pack it cause it's fucking ment for the deserts
>wear it in the mojave fairly often
>keeps sun off of my neck
>can wet it with water to wipe dust off my face
>then one day the weather turned a little sour
>winds picked up in arches which is the most desert like of the parks
>sand gets kicked up
>use to guard my face and it works pretty well
>discover I can use it over my full head to keep hair dust free too
would use again

tl;dr unsurprisingly when used in the desert it's quite helpful

whar a faggoty-ass patch. I hope you become another vet suicide statistic.

yeah, no. we got a lot more traffic, but none of it good.

Friends and family turned me onto them after they got back from the sandbox. Shemaghs are so utilitarian, not only are they great in the heat and sun but they also do a solid job of keeping you warm and protected from the nasty northern winter conditions.

Imagine thinking you're special because you discovered a large bandana.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (540x640, 64K)

>get non-expired cartridges easier
>implying proprietary mount filters from any OEM is easier to obtain than 40mm
Fucking idiot

you do realize that real sand niggers wipe their ass with these things, don't you? Gawd the faggotry here!

You sound like a fag

yes in the winter I have two a brown and a green one