So word is Russia just moved 250 tanks to a base near the Ukrainian border...

So word is Russia just moved 250 tanks to a base near the Ukrainian border. What type of fighting will we be seeing if this erupts?

Attached: L4kjvDR.jpg (790x550, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/GlasnostGone/status/1132750122348097536
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mobile.twitter.com/GlasnostGone/status/1132750122348097536
Forgot url

literally fucking nothing. some tanks will have a skirmish and then both sides will get cold feet and fuck off in a week, just like last time this happened.

Hey I've heard this song before

Attached: 1956-Hungarian-Counter-revolution.jpg (980x552, 119K)

where else would they park their tanks? the border to belarus? mongolia?

250 tanks is a pretty good force, youd think with infantry support they could take quite a bit of ground.

Dispersed in positions and bases around the country? Build ups on a border normally mean fighting...

>Ukrainian border
No such thing exist.

Attached: 1558854108510.jpg (470x456, 28K)

>Russia just moved 250 tanks to a base near the borderland border.

BREAKING NEWS! American tanks in Nevada!

>Ukrainian
what is that?

>What type of fighting will we be seeing if this erupts?
Probably cowardly attacks on Russian citizens by NATO-backed guerrillas, bitter that they had been reunited with their Kievian Russian brothers after western usurpers had propagandized meaningless minor cultural variances into the ridiculous notion that they should balkanize into their own made up country.

Neat. Can’t wait to watch them use some Javelins on them.

>nevada in on the US border

Attached: 1502902768162s.jpg (600x337, 21K)

This but unironically.

The same kind of combat that's been going on there for years.

you would think that, but seeing as how the last batch of tanks did fuck-all, reason would dictate that this one will as well.

>Russian citizens
Acceptable casualties

Then why aren't you taking the land by force ivan?

What land?

Russian brass seems competent enough to probe for opportunities and weaknesses. Soon enough we will see this heat up I am sure.

The land its inhabitants call Ukraine

>ukraine
No such land.

yeah, like the last five fucking years things have been "heating up". these are slap fights, nothing more. if you honestly think something big is coming any time soon you are either desperate or delusional.

They took a peninsula. These "slap fight" skirmishes is still fighting between nations. A buildup of 250 tanks is a big deal and a huge threat to the other side.

Then why isn't it considered Russia? Try not to be entirely retarded ivan I know countless revolutions, getting raped by Germany, and communism induced malnutrition really fucked your people but you're still smarter than that.

Don’t forget the HIV and fetal alcohol syndrome.

>A buildup of 250 tanks is a big deal
on what planet? the last batch of tanks did nothing and the the peninsula was taken with a political victory. this is no different from the kashmir shit that happened a few months ago.

I dunno, it seems different with Kashmir. With Kashmir I wasn’t rooting for either side. On this one, I’m hoping it becomes the next Chechnya-level clusterfuck for the Russians.

If we get the same epic shitposting that Kashmir gave us then im all down

Its 12 percent of Ukraine's entire tank strength, fielded by an aggressive stronger military and its positioned against its border. It implies more land can be taken and force can be projected further. You have to be a shill or naive to not consider the potential of a movement like this.

Well, the good news is, if Russia overtly moves into Ukraine, the Western half of the country that they can’t take will be in NATO for the foreseeable future.

As long as the Ukrainian government isn't already subverted by Russia. This new style of conflict is super interesting.

Oh no Russia sends tanks bases within their own country! Such evil!
Meanwhile, America sends carriers to Chinese EEZ between China and breakaway rebel Formosa.

>SCS
>Chinese EEZ
implessive

What?

>Its 12 percent of Ukraine's entire tank strength
So nothing? If Debaltseve clusterfuck has shown us anything it's that the Russians still live in 1950 and can't take a small fortified town without suffering massive casualties. Then you take into account Ukrainian corruption and incompetence and somehow Russians seem even more pathetic than before

>Western half of the country that they can’t take will be in NATO
Or will return to Poland. Ukrainians I've met are p. indifferent toward "independence". Probably because it was meme invented to split Cossacks from the Commonwealth.

Who said anything about the United States? Who said anything about Russia being bad? Its almost as in the west lives in your mind rent free. Go away slant, the adults are talking

Attached: tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg (480x325, 27K)

I mean, Russia is being bad in this case, but that’s kinda to be expected when it comes to Eastern Europe.

Yes but noone implied that until chang decided to shit up this thread.

This is true.

They are just sending tanks to a part of their own country. It's not as if they are sending American troops to Okinawa to subvert the Chinese menace even though China is not doing anything bad.

Like an American would understand. Other countries actually have to hold their borders with force, not like your #onepeople #onecontinent #onepresident gig. Keeping massive amounts of military at the border is the standard of living for everybody else who doesn't want nazis and chinks getting ideas

Cause clearly Ukraine is in a position to invade Russia. This is obviously just a defensive move.

Listen I'm not saying you are wrong in doing so, I never implied that so stop getting so defensive. I am just asking what fighting this could entail because adding armor to a hot zone normally implies additional fighting and maybe even an offensive.

No it isn't Ivan.

>Implying Moscow can do jack shit to Chinese.
>implying Rußians aren't the Nazis.

>American troops to Okinawa to subvert the Chinese menace
Imagine believing this, we took Okinawa from the japs and now we have a large base there because of it. You would think the chinks would not be buttblasted by this considering we are the reason they aren't under the thumb of a Japanese empire right now.

Attached: 1542814431801.gif (400x215, 667K)

i wanna see the T-14 in action desu

Attached: t-14 side.jpg (2250x1500, 1.86M)

Did they finally train them how to operate the parking brake?

How do tank strategies work? Squads of tanks together? Is it similar to infantry?

depends on, either massed on one point to break the lines or alternatively as infantry support.

there's only like 10 of them built so I doubt russia would be willing to put them on the line

What do they contain that’s too valuable to deploy but not valuable enough to participate?

Chechnya is unique though in that it was shortly after the USSR collapse and the country was headed by a literal clown. Whatever you think of tiny Putin, he‘s nowhere near as dumb as Yeltsin.

Kek, that was the bad kind of bad

This.

On top of that, the Ukrainians have been getting Javelins for a few years now. I’m not sure if I’d want my first live fire test of APS to be against a fairly modern missile.

>GlasnostGone

Attached: Ag.jpg (388x384, 48K)

Chinese could hold their own in WW2 though mostly,the foreign aid did help
The Japanese advance into China was already heavily bogged down even before America entered the war
Doesnt matter since they live under the Partys thumb now

Without aid the Chinese didn't really have the equipment to wage a decent resistance. not to mention without the empire crumbling to the US invasion the focus would have been on China

alas, the day has come for the great battle for Hoover Dam

Attached: 1349934404113.gif (640x360, 403K)

Was looking at what air power Ukraine could bring to bear. Apparently 2/3 of Ukraines Mig-29's were lost when Russian seized Crimea.

Technically correct, since Poland is in NATO.

Javelin is too slow. Even old tanks carry smoke screen nowadays so its kinda useless against tanks. You could use it on VBIED though.

Jokes on you guys, I still remember that time where texas where arming themselvs to the theeth because the US military force would invade them.

Can't let US invade Texas, never.

Does Nevada not border Mexico? I'm not super familiar with burger borders

It borders US borderlands, dumbo.

Nevada is separated from Mexico by a few hundred kilometers

>Ukrainians I've met are p. indifferent toward "independence"
That because you've met them in Poland.

If NATO still has air superiority, this will be the kekiest of kek battles ever.

Protip: Tanks aren't good vs airplanes.

>inb4 they bring spaag

>rebel Formosa
Time to go Chang. Your credit score is already fucked up

NATO has to watch ukrainians getting wiped out by artillery fire from Russia
Not one NATO aircraft was involved when the war was the hottest
Separatists have mid and short range SAMs and SPAAGS, not just shilkas, but tunguskas, the boat looking one with 4 short range missiles and a steady supply of shoulder fired anti aircraft toys spanning from old strela to newest Verba that changes tracking modes during flight to evade countermeasures
Ukrainian airforce doesnt exist anymore, they cant bomb shit so they resort to land war and artillery but get their shit pushed in after shelling enough of the residential areas
Now add Russia bringing in long range systems on the border
NATO has no balls to get involved at all
This isnt serbia in the 90s or Iraq