Why hasn't the Pancor Jackhammer been revived?

Why hasn't the Pancor Jackhammer been revived?

According to Gun Jesus, various international militaries were interested in buying it. Pancor had already developed a working prototype and successfully put 50k rounds through it.

Attached: Jackhammer.png (929x438, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDdzvKi3yiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because that was like 30 years ago and in today's world there isn't much practical military application for a 20 pound automatic shotgun

Also have you seen how this thing reloads? Fucking pain in the ass.

Demand for shotguns is pretty small in a military capacity. They're mostly just used for breaching lightly secured doors. A shotgun isn't versatile enough to be worth carrying in any broader capacity, and all you need for a breach gun is something light enough to not mind carrying along with your rifle and have enough rounds available to dump into someone in an unexpected situation in the process of the breach.

Shotguns just aint military guns anymore.
>in the arms of an angel starts playing

Attached: 1554112757762.jpg (540x720, 81K)

It's not much worse than reloading a tube magazine

youtube.com/watch?v=mDdzvKi3yiE

Yeah

I wonder if it wouldn't be more practical to use a mini-breaching charge type thing instead, like a directional charge the size of a hand grenade or so, just big enough to smash a bolt/hinge. Would that be more practical/less weight/as fast to deploy as a shotgun plus ammunition?

BECAUSE NOTHING NICE HAPPENS ANYMORE

Because why. It wasn't even a great design when the guy made it.

> Gun Jesus
if you watched that whole video you should know exactly why dipshit.

He made it sound like they could have sold a lot of them if they hadn't ran out of money

This. I pray for God to kill us all quickly. It's the best deal we're going to get

Attached: 1528671973441.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Because modern bullpup detachable magazine shotguns exist now.

Isn't there that one Turkish company that's making modern Semi-Auto shotguns with a similar looks and design features?

Yea. One of their models looks like a tavor.

I really like what turkey have been doing with shotguns lately.

Attached: IMG_4539.jpg (1500x989, 186K)

Because just with like the AA12, which isn't seeing much success, there just isn't any institution looking for fully-automatic shotguns.

The less conventional ones can be hit or miss, though.
Really wanted this one to work. :(

Attached: UNG_LRG 12 gauge semi auto bullpup.jpg (800x315, 48K)

Most militaries don't bother with shotguns anymore. They're better for police/special operations or riot suppression.

It's easier to use a carbine if you're in an enclosed area, especially with how most CQC operations go. You'd be more likely to blast a friend than you would any baddies.

Attached: 148876561397.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

God damn it, how shit is it?

Yeah I’m hoping all of you get raptured soon so I can sin in peace!

0/10, basically.
There's one gun store owner who purchased a dozen or two where every single one would fail on the first mag, usually with a crack forming in the receiver because they put a sharp edge there.

Life is unfair

Attached: 1498350431393.png (801x823, 215K)

Because Accatran pattern a shit

Yeah but the AA12 and/or Saiga12 exist.

Frankly for most purposes a rifle will be the better choice. Shotguns are about as relevant as SMGs these days.

Lol xd

Good luck finding a civ AA12 nigger and Saigas have been import banned and the price is steadily rising on ones currently within the border so it’s not something you find very common in pawn shops or your local sporting goods store

However saiga is perfect semi auto 12g to me just don’t own one niggsd