My local “Army/Navy Store”

>My local “Army/Navy Store”
>Not a single item of genuine military surplus in the entire place.
What happened, anons?

Attached: 4629E225-3BDF-4DF3-84F9-40BBF6F6F411.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/articles/rise-fall-army-surplus-store/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The boomers need their retirement fund.

All the good surplus dried up decades ago.

I don’t think Boomers are funding their retirement by holding on to old ACU jackets and ALICE packs, user.

how long do boomers live?

Just burn it to the ground.

Varusteleka bought up everything.

i only went to buy bdu pants. the local one closed down though. fine because most of the shit in there was from chinkland or completely unusable.

The Cold War ended in 1991. The mid 90s was the golden age of surplus.
There was tons of Korea and Vietnam era gear for sale, eastern bloc and west Germany shit everywhere, US BDU 1980s, it was great.
All that stuff was coming from massive Cold War stocks. Limited supply even though it was abundant at the time.
The GWOT era military doesn’t really have the volume of stockpiled equipment, and what it does have doesn’t go on the civilian market, it goes to the Afghanistan and Iraq etc National armies.
Sportsmans Guide has a good supply of what surplus is on the market.
Varustrelika is good for European gear.

really depends. i can still get some gulf war and some m81 jackets but for the most part its all new stuff. i got a really sweet army tank toolbag that i use for work but nothing in my local surplus is cheap. its not an issue but surplus isnt really surplus anymore, there was only so much cheap stuff to go around and now that most is gone, replaced with foreign made knock off camo coats...

you get the idea

there’s a few surplus stores that have mostly chink shit but they have a small bin of legit surplus left

Although they do usually have surplus PASGTs with the old helmet covers on, so that’s cool. Once I saw a MICH 2001 variant there.

Honestly the legit surplus stuff won’t be gear anymore, all I see are old uniforms from people. Stuff like that. It’s really sad

I got kind of lucky, the surplus store near me actually is surplus. Like 85% of whats in that store was issued to some poor bastard at some point. Guy who owns it is incredibly knowledgable. Literally showed up with an old german stahlhelm shell and was able to tell me what it was and what year within 30 seconds of looking at it. I great deals whenever I bring AOR2 camo in cause there are no naval bases up there.

World war II was a long, long time ago. Plentiful and cheap military surplus isn't really a thing in the western hemisphere anymore. The best source these days are from former Combloc nations, and Varusteleka has that racket on lock down.

Considering they are sucking the lives out of the other generations, they might go one forever

Boomers never die

Attached: boomers never die.jpg (388x432, 28K)

Long enough to see the end of this Fourth Turning, sonny.
Wait, what?
Seems to me it should be the other way around, seeing as how we've been here longer, building roads, bridges, towns and cities, and been paying into this "system".
And stop blaming the debt and police state/welfare/warfare state on us sonny.
We dindu nuffin.

>Seems to me it should be the other way around, seeing as how we've been here longer, building roads, bridges, towns and cities, and been paying into this "system".
Excellent bait, I got flared up real quick.

Boomers were handed the US from the greatest generation who built everything. Then the boomers created the hippy movement, cried when they were sent to war, not to fight super powers, but some gooks in jungle. They decided the let the third world into their countries so they could pay them less the minimum wage, while they never retire, then complain that their kids and grandkids can't find a job and are drowning in debt going to college when theres no jobs because they have them to illegals, shipped them overseas, or have them manned by 70 year olds who dont even know how to open MS Word. All their hippy shit is what led to SJWs, who are products of boomer hippies teaching in schools and universities.

artofmanliness.com/articles/rise-fall-army-surplus-store/

Attached: f0213c.jpg (900x1200, 205K)

God I wish they would dump more surplus on to the fucking market and get rid of the autistic import restrictions from various countries.

>get rid of the autistic import restrictions from various countries.
These are the same type of people who genuinely believe that owning body armor is a crime and you have to acquire it through illegal means.
Getting them to admit that literal junk from another country not only isnt dangerous but could indeed be potentially interesting to people would take nothing less than an act of God.

>Local surplus store went out of business in 2014
>It barely had any actual surplus anymore, just music and outdoor supplies
>Still miss it but then I remember Sportsmans Guide and Varusteleka exist

is this how they grow boobs on a tranny?

You're half spot on, they don't just believe it, most are payed to believe it. It's such fucking horse shit.
It almost makes me want to suffer the next 5 decades of my life befriending members of our government solely for the purpose of turning them more open to *not* fucking over their citizens.

Surplus is too niche, the market moved online. Boomers realized there's more money in selling new production tactical crap and work gear.

>the greatest generation who built everything
*ruined everything

The death of the western empires and the white race itself will be on the shoulders of the men who defeated the Nazis and allowed the Jew to sink his fangs even deeper.

too long

What happened is that near 20 years have passed since the Cold War ended so that's all dried up, and that milsurp is destroyed these days instead of sold to the public because it's cheaper and less paper work so there's no Desert Storm/Afghanistan ever became available.

Attached: Best war.gif (1280x586, 1.9M)

it all went to ebay

*near 30

Also, GWOT-era militarization of the police and other internal security forces means that a lot of surplus stuff that would have gone on the civilian market in other eras ended up being placed with them instead. Remember that the pecking order for getting surplus military gear is:
1) Other branches of the military
2) Other federal government agencies
3) State and local government agencies
4) Friendly foreign militaries/government agencies
5) Government contractors
and finally, way at the bottom
6) Civilian sales

In short, demand from 1-5 has gone way up since 9/11, so 6 gets a whole lot less stuff.

I assume since its cheaper just to burn, destroy, or give away all surplus equipment on whatever shithole country the US fights in means very little of it ever comes back to stateside.

That’s what working class white families, and landlordism is for.