Help Jow Forums

My gf of 3 years wants to move in together but I’ve been stalling. I have around 30 funs in various stages of assembly and a piss ton of reloading equipment. She doesn’t know the extent of my “hobby” and will probably make me get rid of some shit which i don’t want. Any advice on moving in with holes while you’re a Jow Forumsomando?

Pic related, what she will turn our new place into. The horror

Attached: A6F58F83-B17F-4D93-B290-9E605AC11BE4.jpg (500x375, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1995/09/14/world/grenade-fired-from-street-into-us-embassy-in-moscow.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Run. Get the fuck out of there as fast as humanly possible. Then buy more guns.

>she'll probably make me get rid of some shit
Hard pass, I've been there man, it starts with your hobbies, just leave while you have some shit left to lose

Let her move it, let her decorate, but don't let her make you give away a single bit of your hobby, if she's controlling enough to try that you should yeet that bitch out of your house.

Yea i know the scenario that’s why i haven’t budged with anything. Give a woman an inch and she’ll take a mile.

>she will make me do things
no. unless you get to go through her place and decide what shit she needs to throw away, then this should not happen if you aren't a desperate little man that wants some sex.

lol she is getting plowed right NOW and not by you

when she tries say no. find a place to put them out of her way and lock up the expensive ones when you leave so when sancho comes over when you're at work he cant get to them

its inevitable that she'll bitch about them but you have to stand your ground. WHEN you say if she doesnt like it she can leave, youll see if her conviction lies with her man or her childish fears.
as long as your other vices are minimal you should have no issues

You know she’s getting fucked by chad, right?

Does she regularly use the words “our/we/us” or “my/I/me” more often?

Not every woman is a whore but you do need to keep an eye on them. Always helps to have the ability to go up to any chick and talk to them/get their number so you’re not in a scarcity mindset

I’ve got many vices guns are the least of her concerns. Mostly autistic engineering projects and research I’ve been doing. Also have a plant lab I’m working. Home gym. Meditation space. Art studio. Music room. My roastie has the potential to destroy my perfect domicile.

Why what’s the difference in your opinion? always we our never talks about just herself

Either she accepts it, or she's single. The only reasonable request she can make, if she's paying rent, is "don't keep stuff strewn around like a heathen"

if she doesnt like the things you do she isn't the one

You've got to double down if funs are your main hobby to show how serious you are about keeping them (but don't be a sperg). Make sure you are involved in the decorating process so your place doesn't get turned into the average 20 year old girls dorm room. If you can safely pass these two challenges, then you are a lucky one user.

Attached: 1545152665494.png (233x255, 66K)

>and will probably make me get rid of some shit
How can she "make" you do anything? Are literally none of your guns assembled and ready for defense?

I put a reloading bench in our bedroom. If she's not OK w that then get a new bitch.

>Meditation space.
>Art studio.
lesbian on Jow Forums interesting

Just show her you sperg. It's not like you're building train sets in the garage.

Attached: ammosexual.jpg (1101x1546, 555K)

Talk to her upfront about the fact that while moving in might mean compromise, you both need and should have your own space to breathe, have hobbies, and be separate people. Dunno if you've ever moved in with a girl or anything, but 80% of it is learning to hang out without being attention whores at each other and constantly needing to "do something" with them. Basically, this:
This is pretty great shit. None of those sound like vices so much as worthwhile hobbies.

Somewhat disagree with you if only the premise that you can like someone without enjoying everything they do. Seriously. Might have a few real bad pet peeves, even. Relationships are all about working that shit out.

Also good advice.
If you're really worried about it, my strategy was to hide/put away most of my guns at first and then slowly introduce the GF to more and more of my hobby as time went on. We're at nearly three years now, not moved in, but have gone on a few extended vacations together, that sort of thing. Might wife her despite her crazy because she's a wonderful person with genuine mental health problems rather than a trash personality.

Which leads to one final point; if she's crazy (or a felon, but I bet not) make sure you keep track of your shit. CAREFULLY. Living alone and keeping your guns all around the place is chill, but it's less chill when people live with you. I literally got a keypad type deadbolt for my bedroom and just keep all my guns in there, but everyone who comes over to my house expects that because they know me well enough before they ever see my room. YMMV and all.

checked + correct
this is the only reasonable response
before she moves in organize everything and make sure your hobby doesn't encroach into shared living spaces

beyond that, you should have told her about this when you first started dating, not three years down the road

in my experience the “we” is more of a partner, the “me” more of only out for herself

honestly this OP
the right woman will never take the things you enjoy away from you, or even try. shell try to bond with you (as you should let her.) if you really plan on living together, then it would behoove you to clean up your space so she can get settled, then decide what to do with your different areas, by compacting them or adjusting layouts ect.

remember above all things;
if it becomes about her happiness, instead of your (as in your happiness as a couple,) then its time to either make it clear to her that you arent changing, or she can get out

Excessive "we"-ing can be a big ass red flag though, just saying. Just be careful of them yandere ass "everything you own is mine" entitled ass bitches.

maybe it's a good idea to be honest, open and frank with a partner about who you are and what your expectations for your life together before you something as serious as move in together.

If you are worried about her reaction once she finds out... then fucking tell her now so you can get this conversation sorted before it has the chance to severely negatively impact your life.

Attached: I need space.png (1600x1600, 765K)

>and what your expectations for your life together before you something as serious as move in together.

...and what your expectations for your life together will be* before you something as serious as move in together.

fug I can't type

Guns aren't a hobby.

It's actually kind of interesting you had this big of a hobby without her knowing OP up until the point where she wants to move in with you. I find it odd that she hasn't visited you first. In any case this is what you do which worked for me.
1. Establish your hobby and interest. Let her know this is an interest that you enjoy outside of you two and are willing to compromise when people come and visit. Just explain she'll never have to see them if she doesn't want to but you'll appreciate it that she at least understands the fundamentals of gun safety. Let her know it's important for her to know and if she wants to she can go shooting with you. Let her know you're not politically driven and just enjoy it the same way people enjoy cars, engines, fixing things around the house, gardening (hard stretch of imagination for women). It's a side hobby and an interest to you. Just tell her you did some professional training with joe schmo and she's safe around you if the safety issue is brought up. Let her know she will never see them in the house if she doesn't wan to see them outside of them being locked up. That's pretty much the only compromise you can do if she's very shitty about it. Just remember one thing though. Now that she knows you have guns you can NEVER EVER make her feel threatened in any way shape or form. Have some self responsibility and ensure she never once considered you and a gun a threat. Once that line is crossed in her mind she is one phone call away from a red flag warning and she knows this. I told my wife she has full reins to call the cops if she ever felt threatened and take my guns away and with that level of confidence she learned it's not a big deal. She eventually went shooting with me and told me she'll probably shoot me now if I ever threaten her so it's even odds now.

Dont get hid of nothing. You have your hobby and passion and shes gotta either accept it or carry her ass. Piece of pussy isnt worth life of misery.

>will probably make me get rid of some shit which i don’t want
Protip, get rid of her if that is what happens. If she isn't cool with your 'hobby' she's not gonna be cool about anything else.

No she knows but hasn’t ever paid much attention. The sheer quantity of my collection and equipment might be off putting considering she didn’t grow up around it

None of those, or firearms, are vices, user.

>my gf of 3 years

Attached: tenor (5).gif (200x300, 414K)

>beyond that, you should have told her about this when you first started dating, not three years down the road
>you should have told her about this when you first started dating
>not three years down the road

Attached: 1511274648080.jpg (681x883, 153K)

i love these threads because we all of know OP will comply with his ATgF

>pic says never show her
>"just show her"

Jesus fucking Christ the ultimate sperg

>gf of 3 years
>doesnt know the extent of my hobby
Do you guys talk to each other?

Is she hot? Post pics, OP.

Attached: 6567578567446747.png (1001x1001, 765K)

Those are literally good things that better you you dumbass your only vice is being a pussy and feeling ashamed of your virtues.

Attached: 1558594737514.png (1039x1324, 703K)

Young man don't give away any of your hobby. Be a man about this

I second this.

Fucking this. Compromising living space is okay, being such a cuck your gf has the final say in things you care strongly about is not.

Don’t let her get rid of it user. If you’ve been together 3 years you should know how to stand your ground, if she’s really pissed then give her a little more control over decorations. You might end up with a few live laugh love signs but you will be ok.

If it’s an apartment your fucked.
Get a house with a garage and just mark all the boxes with your reloading stuff “garage”!
As for funs. Do you have a friend that can store them?
My wife had no idea how extensive my collection was until after we were married and she had a bun in the oven.
That’s when I told her we need to invest in a safe! For the kids!!
Before that everything was crammed in a old bank of lockers I had.

Why are you such a bitch? Accepting you as a person includes accepting aspects of your interests. If she would refuse to do, so you are wasting your time.

Attached: 1537166675150.webm (555x720, 686K)

You might want to consider a "Mancave" a single room dedicated to your hobbies. A good tip is to don't call it that and have it rigged up BEFORE she moves inn and know about it. Dont budge and don't toss your gun related stuff all over the house but keep it tiddly inn a single space. Out of sight out of mind, and if she starts bitching about your hobbies then you can tell here to fuck off, since you have allocated space for them and not toss around the house like socks.
If she cant handle you keeping your hobbies in a sincere manner then she obviously aint a keeper.

All the people advising you to never "compromise" (i.e. give them what they want) with women are stupid. Sex and relationships are effectively economic systems and if you own 30 guns but don't have a spare room or two to let her have to herself, we can infer your level of wealth pretty accurately and from that, we can infer your quality as a male. I'm guessing you're in your late 20s, early 30s and make between 40k and 55k a year. You drive a reliable but not flashy vehicle, or one of the shitty low trim versions of a nice car. Your clothes are name brand for a suburban white kid but you don't have a nice watch or anything she can brag to her friends about. You're like a 17 in blackjack -- you only stick with it if everyone around you has garbage. Now, that's not awful, but it does mean you should consider your priorities. Do you want to have a whole house full of guns and a snaggletoothed goblin wife, or do you want part of the house and the hottest chick your station in life allows you to maintain? Because let me tell you, guy like you ain't gettin both and neither are the plebs here claiming otherwise. Chicks of quality stick with men of quality.

Additionally, how the fuck do you date a chick for 3 years without her seeing enough of your place to know that shit is there? It sounds like you have trust issues anyway, so you'll probably die alone regardless.

Show her your house which surely has guns and cases scattered everywhere, bullet holes, fire burns here and there near the various presses and those whte stains in front of the gun safe where you keep the good ones.
If she's still your gf after that, marry her.

Get rid of her, it all starts with your hobbies

How do you hide 30 guns from someone you’ve been with for 3 years.

Do you only see her one time a week or something? Lol

Fag

>move in with a horsegirl
>sweetie, you need to sell of that old riding gear to make space for my jeep
>In fact, I think we should put ol' Nellie down. Because you be should spending more time with me!

Things women like = good
Things men like = bad

Don't give her a fucking inch if she decides to leave you over bitch ass bullshit reasons like you not giving up your guns then let it happen.

You've dated someone for 3 years and they don't know your hobbies?
The sooner you realize that hiding things about yourself in relationships is a one way ticket to conflict and unhappiness, the sooner you can start having good relationships. My fiance knows exactly how much I spend on guns and doesn't care because I don't date women who think its their place to tell me what to do with my money.

I would build a variety of tasteful furniture that conceals your firearms. Your gf won't mind it and it's also awesome as fuck.
>nog kicks in the door
>should I get shotgun from grandfather clock, AR from coffee table, or pistols concealed under cabinets?

>genuine mental health problems rather than a trash personality.
>genuine mental health problems

Attached: ohneptune.gif (500x375, 664K)

>you don't have a nice watch or anything she can brag to her friends about
You seriously think women brag about the watches their boyfriends own? I guarantee you they don't.

>my gf of 3 years doesn't know about the things i like to do
you deserve all your dumb problems

If she doesn't know about that stuff, you probably aren't ready to move in with eachother. This won't end well.

Attached: 1558718751923.jpg (640x632, 69K)

Just don't budge on your shit. Stand your ground. That simple. It's a test. If you let her get away with treading on your shit, she'll walk all over you. Also looks cozy, a woman's touch isn't always a bad thing. Have your space, she has hers, and then have a combined space. Don't let her get in the way of hobbies either. Stand your ground. If she leaves because you didn't bitch out, a better one will come and stay. Don't over think this

Like I said, a wonderful person with actual problems instead of movie "crazy" flying off the handle screaming and yelling. She's more apt to curl up into a ball and start sobbing after we have sex, unfortunately.
>inb4 small dick jokes
No, she got raped as a kid apparently, among other horrible and traumatic stuff that was a result of her parents basically being full time spooks for the FBI.

So, yeah, there's that.

Attached: sad cat.png (573x515, 567K)

Gun aren't a hobby. Hobbies are a luxury. You do them in your spare time for pleasure. Gun are more than that. They are an essential part of providing safety and food for your family. If you think guns are jist some fun hobby, you are a fag.

If you live in an actual secure area they are nothing more than hobbies and hunting. Dont delude yourself to thinking Russians will rain from the air or Obama will start an uprising. USAs foundations are solid.

Dating a girl with unresolved trauma is a no no. Learned that the hard way. It may sound brutish and coldhearted, but I couldn't deal with that trauma being imputed onto me. Best of luck to you and your girl.

Not really unresolved, and I have my own issues. It's been a pleasant 3 years so far, I'm not really concerned. She is absolutely the sweetest human being, she can just be a bit fragile.

Thanks though, mate. Hope you're having a good time now.

/fpbp
all of your suspicions will come true.
i been through this shit already. don't make the same mistake i did.

Attached: 3dpd.jpg (540x960, 55K)

But if you have mentioned to her about your hobby then you actually have a bit of help. "Yes this my hobby and I'm not talkative about my hobbies because I do not obsess about it unlike my buddies who fish/cars/whatever. I've told you about it. Now you get to see it. Would you like to go the range with me?" As long as you did not treat it like a secret. Also expect to really ramp it down unless your really well off. Children are expensive, if you get a bigger house etc... She might not restrict it but your wallet might. But on a plus front guns are a great legacy to pass down to your children especially if you have historical pieces.

storytime?

What are you asking for, here?

If your girls wall looks like this she is gonna cheat on you for some bad weed and say that her horoscope told her to

spoopy parents, stories of/about

Well, that's good that you guys have been able to work through it!

Balls deep in bar prep, so I don't know what a good time is lol

how do you date someone long enough to be considering moving in with them, and they know absolutely nothing about you? it sounds like she's never even been to your home if she doesn't know this stuff

Not my stories, not my details.

>dad and mom working in moscow embassy in the mid 90's
>dad is doing some kind of security work, I get the impression it was some kind of intrusion detection/network security stuff
>mom is some kind of forensic accountant type who's one of the first agents to not be a lawyer or something, not treated like obnoxious support staff, technically has arrest powers and is an actual AGENT
>chilling at work
>someone puts an RPG through the copy machine room wall
>copy machine catches the RPG and basically eats the whole fucking thing
>they would've fucking died if not for a damn copier because her office was pretty close to there

nytimes.com/1995/09/14/world/grenade-fired-from-street-into-us-embassy-in-moscow.html

Also talks a lot about seeing Russians buying pizza to try, then turning the box sideways to carry it under their arms and watching the vendors slowly fucking die inside. They're both pretty great but the dad can be a bit intense because he got a contracting job that was basically being paid to "review" digital evidence of CP/Murder/Torture for the FBI, except when you're an agent doing the same shit you get a therapist to check in on your shit every few months and when you're a contractor you don't.

That's basically all I know. I usually end up getting asked a lot more about what MY dad was doing in the 90's, because apparently the answer to that question is "Working for JSOC and doing spec ops shit before it became cool". He's a nerd and it was all chairforce support stuff but I unironically think he may have been involved in planning gothic serpent because apparently that was an area of the world he did a lot of work in and he had the right kind of training and credentials to do mission planning like that.

Get lost, whore.

>Chicks of quality stick with men of quality.
HAHAHAHA
the women you're talking about couldn't give a fuck and giving them space in YOUR HOUSE is asking to lose half your shit when they inevitably start riding the neighbor's cock instead of yours

>inevitably
that's a pretty fucking jaded world view, dude. Who hurt you?

nobody, those are the sort of women he's talking about
nice meme nigger

Not necessarily. My wife when we were engaged told me "we need to talk".
>Uh-oh.jpg
What are you going to do with all your guns?
>keep them
What about when we have kids?
>lock them up good.
Well, user I guess if your going to have guns around our house, you better teach me to shoot.
>MFW

Attached: 859A0386-B5A1-460E-B5A8-E5EFEEF63661.jpg (1200x1198, 576K)

this is all the conversation should be, honestly
if it's anything but that, you need to reconsider your relationship

What's wrong with train sets?

If you think guns are a slippery slope, you have never met a train fag. The money. Oh the money they spend on little tiny shit.

Miniatures in general I reckon
>t. Warhammer fag

At what point does a hobby become an obsession? A bookcase is fine, but a library? A vinyl collection is cool, until you don't know where to put all of them. Guns and ammo are nice until you've got too many rifles for your large safe and ammo stacked to the ceiling.

Asking for a friend.

Attached: 1320901955840.png (200x200, 18K)

Hobbies, especially constructive ones, are the greatest thing for modern man to fully divulge in. There is no such thing as hobby becoming an obsession for it should have been your obsession from the get go.

Have you tried talking with her? Tell her that's how it is, and you'll try to tidy it up but aren't giving anything up and similarly wouldn't ask her to give up any of her hobbies.

You've been dating her for three years and not only have you been unable to propose to her, but you've been lying to her about your interests? And she's been dating you for three years despite no progress in the relationship and she wants to continue with it?? You're both so fucked. Whatever happens, it's not going to end well.

Attached: niya.jpg (824x710, 117K)

Any time a woman complains you have too many X, just bring up her shoe collection and wardrobe.

this is man 101 stuff people

Number 12 just told me today that it wont work.
Everything was great until I told her about my AK collection yesterday.

My greatest fear is if I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them. Her greatest fear is if she died, I would sell her jewelry for what she told me she paid for it.

>bro just rush into an engagement/marriage, there's no way anything bad can come of that lmao
Don't get me wrong, I'm about to propose to my gf of two years, but we're both on the cusp of 30. Maybe OP's a young guy, there's no reason to rush into something that has the potential to be financially ruinous

Probably have like 15k into tiny shit
t. trainfag

BUY GUNS FUCK WOMEN.
>notice i never said move in with them.

Attached: 1558559876596.jpg (960x786, 38K)

Three months is rushing. Three years is aging.

>Maybe OP's a young guy
He said he has 30 firearms and "a piss ton of reloading equipment." He's not in high school.

>three years
>doesn't even know about your hobbies
why are you moving in

Kek.

This is either a larp or you are a loser.

Get a storage space.

this, people i dont even know, know me as "the guy with all the guns." how the fuck do you keep this hobby a secret for three fucking years

Attached: This girl might be a succubus.jpg (767x959, 142K)

What a retarded thread of shit kicking monkeys. Best of luck to you all...you're gonna need it.

>The sooner you realize that hiding things about yourself in relationships is a one way ticket to conflict and unhappiness, the sooner you can start having good relationships.
This is good advice.

>My fiance knows exactly how much I spend on guns and doesn't care because I don't date women who think its their place to tell me what to do with my money.
This is a problem insofar as a high quality woman, i.e., a suitable mother of your children, should naturally want to control the resources that will be feeding, housing and schooling her children. If you are the primary breadwinner (and hopefully you are), then she is at the mercy of your ability to control your spending. If you only date women who are unable to understand this, then you have stupidly limited yourself to only low quality wife material.