Owning Land and making your own range general

Pretty self explanatory, me and the wife's lease is up is a few months, if we don't renew I'm highly considering getting out of the city and buying land for funs and obviously some old fashioned farming. I was just wondering, how did you guys set up your own ranges? any specific number of acres? which state currently has the best and most secluded land for sale? And any other general land ownership questions. I know summer is here but only serious replies only. Europoors also welcome to discuss land ownership and home ranges

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 56K)

actually buying land or borrowing money from a bank

I guess which one is more feasible? quite frankly, I was thinking of just using my VA home loan and getting a home with a decent amount of acres, but I'm not opposed of draining my savings and dropping a few thousand on land

Nothing wrong with owning land and unless youre wealthy youre going to borrow from banks at various points in your life unfortunately.

owning any land is better than being a debtslave living on land thats not yours.

I set up in an abandoned gravel pit. It has long sightlines, plenty of backdrops, and is privately owned way out in bumfuck. You can make all the racket you want short of setting off a moab and nobody is around to care.
>this btfo's the public range fags

do you own land user?

What state are you in? I'm sure theres a few gems down my way on western PA.

I'm planning to make a partially underground range. Will be shooting through a 100 yard culvert.

Currently getting land ready for a range. My state requires you to have 5 acres of land, with a burn, etc. I got 60 acres, lots of ot is heavily wooded, so gonna use it for camping too.

Despite what shitty internet infographics tell you, you absolutely have to have money lent from banks unless you're either a luddite or have had everything handed down to you. Starting a business? You will not survive without a loan. Want to buy any substantial amount of property? You're going to need to have credit just to get approved to buy the land. It doesn't matter if you can drop the cash immediately, you will be turned away if you don't have credit.

Fun fact: Arthur Savage, founder of Savage Arms, also invented the radial tire.

Attached: Range Sound Suppressor.jpg (724x556, 21K)

Wisconsin sort of in the center left portion of the state. Gravel and sand pits are everywhere round here thanks to the glacial activity that came through.

Oh wow, my wife is from WI..that's actually the place we where looking at.

t. banker

>me and my wife's lease

did anyone else have the same thought right there

Where's a good place to buy land?

Attached: 6a69f3875af1cf398ef64a408cf15c35.jpg (3456x2304, 874K)

I do now

the rust belt? i always see land for sale.

With MO SB367, I'd say Missouri my family found a nice track of land and bought it asap to get away from a shitty landlord, nothing on it, got a single wide brought out and hooked up a cistern that we filled from a spout at a nearby fire station. Lived liked this for so many years, soon we'll refinance the property and everything else to build a new large bullshit proofed home

That's all bullshit, if you can afford the land and title fees no credit anything is required/needed.

Bought a good 4 acres recently. Surveyed it and I'm building the fence in 2 weeks once the chainlink supplier can ship it over. Planning a comfy camping trip this weekend there. It's not enough to do massive rifle range shooting, but I've designed a way to turn a couple 40 footer containers into a nice semi-indoor range.

Do your do diligence when buying land, though. Keep in mind about shit like rural zoning, location of water sources, location of nearest power/communication lines, ect. Going off grid was cheaper for me since connecting to the grid should be about 30k, and solar is substantially cheaper and easier to maintain. Make sure that if you're digging wells that you get a non-shit water filtration system and to not place your septic tank anywhere near that if it busts. Also a final bit in regards to mortaging for land: try and borrow an amount that you can buy the land as well as get started on important utilities (well/water filtration, sewage, fencing/boundaries, foundation laying). If you can outright buy it in cash, get the loan so you can build your credit. If you have the cash in savings, you can offset the immediate purchase and a little thing that people seem to forget about loans: YOU CAN PAY THEM OFF WHENEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT.

doing the same thing this year
problem is my immediate area is sparse for actually range-worthy land

people I know tell me I should just buy enough for a home but I want to shoot god damn it

What I'm planning on doing is just popping a 40' Shipping container after cutting out some of the top and filling out some of the back to act as a backstop. It should work fine for things like 9mm/.357/.45/.40 and non-slug shotguns. It won't be big enough for real rifle shooting, but it's a relatively low cost (around $3500) easy to set up option for smaller acreage land that could baffle the sound pretty easily.

Tires with dirt or gravel for backstop

Any state that isn't blue generally has decent amount of land available. Missouri is based af. So is alaska

> If you can outright buy it in cash, get the loan so you can build your credit. If you have the cash in savings, you can offset the immediate purchase and a little thing that people seem to forget about loans: YOU CAN PAY THEM OFF WHENEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT.
YOU CAN PAY FEES AND INTEREST TO A MIDDLEMAN FOR ABSOLUTELY NO SANE REASON.

>Why yes I keep my land in my wife's name for lawsuit avoidance purposes.

Attached: 230px-Bandit_Keith.png (230x173, 61K)

That's if you want to build credit or offset major purchases during.

or you can use infinite banking

I'm lucky enough to have an in-law with a big ass bulldozer so we can just build any kind of backstop I want. Ideally I'll find a plot with enough flat space to clear out at least 250+ yards, but it's hard finding that inna woods in northern new england.

>It doesn't matter if you can drop the cash immediately, you will be turned away if you don't have credit
What kind of Jewry is this?
>bad goy, you didn't use our banking services, no property for you

all credit is like that
it's a game the kikes play that evaluates you based on how much you borrow and pay other kikes

completely arbitrary and affected by things that are very petty and unrelated to how much money you actually make or have
any time credit can be applied it's a whole pack of dumb shit

Attached: 1392584933699.jpg (2480x3508, 819K)

lmao fuck off /arg/ butt blasted shitposter. Yes I recognize you.

that looks actually interesting
did someone do or use this recently?

Ahh, yes it is. As of now, I'm aiming at either Alaska or WI

OP here... I'm not though...I'm legit just curious to see and hear from people who own land exclusively for shooting.

Any Alaska anons here? I've been seriously debating heading over there, but how secluded is it? Also, what kind of jobs should I be looking at with a reasonable commute

How much money do you actually need to get the land and resources needed for something like this? I'm 21 right now and just getting into the workforce but I want to get the fuck out of society in 15-20 years, is that a viable timeframe to earn enough if I'm living frugally and investing most of my money into ETFs or something?
I'm guessing about 1-2 million as a general ballpark figure

The cost of living in Alaska isn't worth the dividends.

jew memes aside the banks are fucking evil and should never be trusted

>aside
No those are jew memes

>me and the wife's

that's a weird thing to mention

Attached: 1453442878409.jpg (262x312, 8K)

Alaska sucks ass for anything other than visiting
Even the people are garbo

Attached: tumblr_md3r5xAHd61qaejbao1_500.gif (500x275, 998K)

it's not a weird thing to mention if you're talking about lands and assets, but you're probably a virgin or underage or both so I don't expect you to understand, its ok.

pls explain

Who owns the banks?

Attached: 1539874926603.jpg (500x479, 51K)

>lands and assets

>married
>still renting

laughing_girls_quantum_version.jpg

All of this.

I bought 15 acres 4 years ago.
$24,000. Southern Georgia. Nearest town is 250 people. Very rural area. I'm surrounded by forest and my nearest neighbor is a mile away but it's still a 20 minute drive to a town with a Walmart.
It was raw land, didn't even have an address. I had to bring in electricity, septic, well.
Landwatch.com
Landandfarm.com (found mine here).

WATER.
You can buy land in Arizona for $60 an acre- because there is no water table for a well and it would take $$$ millions $$$ to tap into municipal water supply.
The only thing that will ever grow there is scrub brush and scorpions.

A friend works for the county health department and does inspections for septic tank installs.
I constantly hear stories of where someone bought some land and there is no place on the property (we're talking 5+ acre tracts) where you can drop a septic tank. Now they have to pay an insane amount of money to have a "soil engineer" come out and tell them how many 18 wheelers worth of top soil they need to have dropped off to make a system work.

Anyways...
My shotgun range shooting point is 60 yards from the dirt road (illegal to shoot within 50 yards of a road). Faces east, away from the road. I have a dense stand of pines between range and road.
Edge of range is a lot of old growth sweet gums and pines. I'm growing new pines around the edges to fill in everything.
Neighbor's property is about 300 yards directly downrange, but we only shoot #7-8 shot which at 200 yards is like throwing sand at someone. And that piece of their property they use for deer hunting so we all get along well. And those pellets have to get through 100 yards of 80 foot old growth forest.

200 yard Rifle range is on the east side of the property. Both ranges "end" in the same corner of the property (it's a 4 property corner. Rifle range shoots into a hillside where that neighbor hasn't set foot in 50 years. It's all old growth forest also.

Are you living there with family at least? Having that to yourself seems like it would get really boring

>jews

Glowiing much

Got out of the army right before I bought this place.
Army life never seemed right for a family so I was single the whole time.
Not in a hurry to make something happen but currently looking for the right one. Just "prepping the nest" as it were.
All military personnel have their DNA on file to identify body parts.
I use my debit card to purchase AR kits online.
I make purchases on GunBroker© almost monthly.
I've filled out a dozen 4473's in the last year (I like vintage graded shotguns).
If any glowniggers are reading this thread- stop wasting my tax dollars, there's already a file cabinet with my name on it in the next cubicle.

Delet this goy

What state is the best to buy land in? Cheapest for highest acreage. Also, what's the minimum amount of land to be able to shoot on and not piss off the neighbors? 100? I'd love to buy in Big Sky Montana but making what I do that ain't really feasible right now.

Shooting in a prairie state is a lot different than shooting in the Appalachia's.
I can build a safe range on an acre in the mountains.
Out on the prairie, there's nothing to stop that bullet until it hits my "neighbors" house 2 miles away.
Here's some general guidelines:
>at 10 acres you fell like you own property.
>at 20 acres you feel secluded.
>at 50 acres you actually are secluded
>at 200 acres you think you can claim independence.
>at 500 acres the outside world doesn't exist
Cheap land is cheap because its worthless.
The best current rate is about $800 an acre for something you can live on.

Bros, i wanna keep living in KY, but I also want a basement in the future. Is there anywhere that doesn’t sit on shitty sandstone?

Attached: 87B4B762-29B8-40EA-B9DA-C55B5F77F023.png (959x771, 571K)

Is homesteading covered in the do/k/ument? I want to read more about this kind of shit

i believe it is somewhat. youd be better served by finding other books though

If you want the real inside scoop on the cheapest land in the US pull up Maine on Zillow and selects Lots/Land and put the 100+ acres filter on
You'll find 500+ acres for $250K and if you want something smaller you can grab 20-30 acres for $12-20K

If you mortgage, you can get decent land in Georgia for about $650-700 an acre, so you could easily put 10% down and pay off over time. The going rate for land around where I'm at that's good land and open enough for a well, septic, ect, it's about $1k an acre. If you out aside good savings, even with a job at McDonalds you can easily make the initial deposit quickly or outright buy after a good 6-12 months of saving. Just keep in mind with construction, the actual cost is always 10-20% more than estimate and time is always 5-14 days more than scheduled unless you do everything yourself