Celebrating Jow Forums's dads

I dropped my dad off at the airport today after flying him out for memorial day weekend. We ate good food, went shooting, watched survival videos, visited a vietnam veterans memorial service, and had a great time farting all weekend.

Jow Forums what are some of your stories involving your dads, and more importantly guns and outdoorsman ship?

Attached: radioactive man.jpg (962x1196, 529K)

Went shooting with my pops today. It was fun. Happy Memorial Day, OP.

My dad did meth, beat my siblings and I with a boat oar, and tried to execute my mom in the kitchen after a particularly bad fight. He sold illegal automatic weapons on the side in addition to running a pipeline crew. One time when I was 13 he got me up at 4 am to drive up into the Rockies and spend the morning drinking cheap ass beer and mag dumping the AK.

My dad was a horrible father growing up but he's a good man now, clean and sober for 15 years. My parents are still together somehow too. I use my father as example of how not to be a dad for my own son.

My dad doesn't go shooting with me

my dad is a liberal fag who used me for a social experiment and beat/manipulated me for 20 years. i had to become a man through trial and error due to this, had a tranny phase, big self harm, and suicide attempt from this. managed to become happy and healthy and to some degree sociable anyways. hoping to be nothing like him

Attached: 1558907813007.gif (500x281, 1.92M)

Happy memorial day brother. What did you guys shoot, anything memorable happen?
Sorry to hear about your dad being shitty growing up. You got something valuable out of it at least, how's the relationship now?
Why is he gay?
I hope that you are or become a man among men and have children you can be a great father to.

Attached: 1520423323425.jpg (1456x1941, 201K)

The Vietnam memorial dedication we went to was in Tukwila, Washington. A lot of veterans there, even some WW2 vets. I got to meet a 96 year old pilot of a B29. General Mattis was there as a keynote speaker and I got to shake his hand. The memorial was very nice, it had a B52 pilot statue carrying a folded american flag, and a restored B52 bomber on display.

Thanks dude! He just got a Ruger PCC and we put a couple hundred rounds through it. That thing’s pretty fun. Aside from that, a Glock 19, a Sig SP2022, and my Browning Hi Power. Kept the ammo logistics simple. Just finished cleaning them all up, now gotta drive down to the big city in time for work tomorrow.

What kinda guns did you guys get to play with?

My father passed away back '15 at the young age of 93.
Was a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.

We went fishing a lot when I was younger, hiking too, but as he grew older his body just couldn't keep up with his spirit.
Despite that, you'd swear he was only in his 60's or 70's if you ever met him in his final years.
Didn't teach me much about guns...
Used to unload his old .41 revolver and let me play with it like a toy when I was a child and only ever took me shooting once.
To be honest, I think he was worried about other shooters out in the desert here, being reckless and or drinking while shooting.
Interestingly enough, a part of him kind of wanted WWIII to happen so I too could kind of experience what he went through, except he wanted me to finish college first and become an officer instead of enlisting like he did.

Sucks not having him around anymore, knowing that I still have a long life ahead of me without him.
He'll always be remembered though, and I'll be sure to tell my children and grandchildren all there was to know about him.

How do you like Hi Power, I was thinking about getting one to wear with dirty hawaiian shirts.

Same here, brought his fathers 12 gauge break barrel, 22 magnum lever action and 22 lever action out just to plink cans and clays. He brought his 22 pistol and 380 pistol

My dad died about 2 years ago. He had cancer. I held a dumbass grudge against him for a long time. I never made up with him and now I never will be able too.

Are you 70

I’m not calling you a liar just genuinely confused as to how a 68 year old man fathered a kid

How does any man father a kid?
It's not that complicated, user.

It’s funny you mention it, I actually bought a Miami Classic shoulder rig so I could do the same thing. The HP is my favorite gun so I’m a little biased - it shoots where you want it to and it’s very comfy. I’d say the main downside is a bit of a mushy trigger and the magazine safety, although I heard removing the magazine safety improves the feel of the trigger quite a bit.

Oh hell yeah, that sounds like some quality time. Glad you were able to have a comfy Memorial Day too, user.

It was rough growing up but I learned a lot of difficult and valuable lessons, mainly dont't do meth. Our relationship is great now that he's clean. He spent a summer inawoods at a friend's cabin getting clean after the attempted shooting. He's a great grandfather too now. Whenever my family are back home we drink moonshine and shoot at the giant packs of coyotes around the farm.

I think you kill your dad in hand to hand combat. He probably appreciate it too.

My afthe ris a good man, hard-wroking, has a ton of charisma, has taught me a lot of stuff along the years, you know how some veterans say how they often are disgusted by how people act so entitled, or they take shit for granted, my dad is that way, he pretty much raised me to be like that too, I often see people doing shit like that and I can feel my face turning in disgust, lmao.
Also he is pretty Jow Forums, he did a shit ton of hikinh, fishing, hunting, and other innawoods shit, he used to have a full-auto .22lr and still has his 30-30 1894 rifle, he even mounted a scope on its side for deer hunting.

*should

Dad started me watching action movies like terminator 2 when i was 6. Bought me a 22 when i was eleven. Took me shooting and camping innumerable times.
Happiest days i can remember. RIP Dad i miss you.

My dad was my best friend who taught me nearly everything I know about guns, the outdoors, how to cast a fly rod, how to tell what the knock in your engine bay is, and how to live life in general. He had the appearance of a fudd and the mind of an engineer and was a staunch 2A supporter who never gave up his goodies through multiple state and federal bans- only selling them on occasion to raise his family once he couldn't work anymore due to disabilities. He had a hard fucking life and was shat on from all angles the whole time and deserved way better than what he got, but he was able to pass on what he could to me.

I'm lucky as fuck to have had such a good and close relationship with him, knowing how many people have bad ones with their parents, and how many parents in general end up being assholes, but it doesn't make it any fucking easier remembering him. It just makes it hurt more, knowing that instead of just losing a father, I lost my best bud and now I've got no one left to talk to about chinky Taurus hand-destroyers or .308 Garand conversions other than Jow Forums. The rest of my family are liberal yuppies and at least one of them should be on a watchlist as it is, and despite living rurally none of my friends ever really understood guns.

Fuck, I was doing okay for a few months now, too. God damn it.

Attached: 1523715711940.jpg (160x150, 16K)

My dad and I are going to go clay shooting at the biggest sporting clay range in the country next weekend.
He taught me to shoot, hunt and love the outdoors and also showed me the importance of being able to fix things by yourself.
The best description would probably be Paul Harrell if he had less kills and was a farmer.
He gave me my first "real" gun, a 6,5x55 Swedish Mauser and we've bought a bunch of guns together in the last few years.
All in all I just hope to be the same if I ever have children.

Only if his name is Sue.

Attached: 1555629629458.jpg (564x730, 111K)

My grandfather was the Jow Forums part of the family. Lot of /out/. Took me fishing all the time, taught me the lessons worth having my folks didn't. Knew he was in the Navy, didn't find out he was a 20 year vet and served the entirety of Nam until he was buried in Quantico. He never wanted to talk about his service, now I gotta pull his Mil records somehow to find out what I can.

With his penis, and being Hugh Hefner.

Woops left the name on after pissing on someone over in /c/

I am a disappointment to my family and the very picture of a train wreck adult, other than the fact I am not NEET and I don't live at home.

Throughout my childhood my father tried to teach me things, and I simply didn't give him the time of day, or even try to learn. Now I am watching my parents sink deeper and deeper into alcoholism because I am a fucked up child who has zero chance of ever having any grandchildren, and is totally emotionally dependent on my family because they are the most solid support mechanism I have ever had in my life.

I don't deserve to live.

Attached: 1554034481450.jpg (1272x1920, 525K)

I am going hiking with my Dad on Saturday because I love him and I want to spend time with him.

My grandfather was a gunsmith who specialized in buying parts kits then manufacturing his own receiver for them and building full fun guns. My father started my love for guns and seeing what my grandpa could make on his mill with patience made my love into an obsession.

I went fishing with a friend I have deployed with twice. Got a sunburn, caught a 20 pound catfish, bullshitted half the day, and had some thick ass catfish filets and Corona for dinner. Not all that bad, really.

Better question is how old his mother was as old age affects women's fertility a lot more.

What's it like growing up with a dad?

t. Dadlet

Mine was a piece of shit that liked putting my mother and me in the hospital.

The only shooting I'm doing with mine is mozambique'ing him in the desert if i ever get a terminal diagnosis.

My stepdad, though, man's a saint. Going to a range with him next time i visit the parents

My mother is more Jow Forums than my dad. Defended her house at 11 by sticking her great grandfather's civil war revolver in a nigger's back, taught me to hate the Feds by telling me the truth about Waco and the Weavers when I was just a young boy.