Ask a Civil War reenactor anything: Birthday Edition

I know the time stamp is a day late. It’s called being in the mountains where cell service is shit.

Attached: jannies are gay.jpg (1160x1544, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PiLVAz-Jczg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you gay?

Happy Birthday

Attached: 1441590525669.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Why the Confederates? Is it because you can identify best with a group of losers?

How the fuck do magnets work?

kys yank
we'll win this time

Is civil war cosplay more or less effective a pussy deterrent than Warcraft?

How's the atmosphere at these events?
Genuinely friendly and amicable, or is there a bit of hostility in the air?

I've always wanted to reenact on the Confederate side, but I feel like my skin color (not black; more of a lighter brown) would get in the way.
I know things are lot of different than what I was raised to believe, but still...

Napoleonic war re enactor here, our hats are fancier than yours

woo hoo

attitude is important !

You tell me

Thanks pal

Attached: IMG_6700.jpg (3648x2736, 2.33M)

From the Confederate reenactors I know, you guys will have to worry way more about heart disease, stroke, and arthritis than bullets whenever you make your pointless charges at heavily fortified positions.

Why's Waldo at a civil war reenactment?

The major Indian tribes fought for the confederacy because they had slaves and beef with the Federal government. There were more non-white rebels than non white yankees, unless you include Irish in those numbers, as you should.

Uhhhh... Excuse me?

Uhhh... Excuse me?

Attached: IMG_6483.jpg (3648x2736, 2.42M)

happy birthday.
serious question tho: my dad was a big civil war buff and he took me to many battlefields when i was growing up. i assume you've been to many battlefields. are all of them haunted or just a few? which are haunted by the most hostile ghosts?

Boxer rebellion>civil war
Probably no one reenacts it though
THE YEAR WAS 19 HUNDRED
TIS WORTH REMEMBERING
THE MEN WHO LIVED THROUGH
55 DAYS AT PEKING

Attached: 1543387040701.jpg (889x960, 96K)

Were there condoms in Civil War times? Do you decline to use protection with cosplayers because it wouldn't be accurate?

Gettysburgian here, from the "most haunted town in America".

None of them are haunted. The ghost tour people are encouraged to make up their own stories to keep people coming around. It's a scam that started up in the early 90's.

If you can, though, go to a charity seance or similar. A couple places in my town do it, and they're pretty enjoyable for the theatrics of it. Spiritualism and seances began in the post-war period as easy grifting anyway, so it's even historically accurate.

>How's the atmosphere at these events?

Friendly

>I've always wanted to reenact on the Confederate side, but I feel like my skin color (not black; more of a lighter brown) would get in the way.

Not a problem.

idk, I never believed in ghosts.

Attached: IMG_6951.jpg (3648x2736, 2.21M)

The Boxer Rebellion was the world's last truly morally unclouded war, where the civilized people of the world banded together to tell China to go fuck itself. A damn shame that it isn't more present in modern culture.

okay thank you

>Were there condoms in Civil War times?

Idk but there is one form of birth control guaranteed to work in any period of history. It’s called sucky sucky

Attached: BD2E292F-E13D-440A-9A50-44CACAE64EDB.jpg (4032x3024, 1.26M)

It was one of the officers’ anniversary and they went down to prank him

Attached: 5F23A48B-6B39-425F-9B49-B7332D2C25A4.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Checked
Also yeah, id agree with that
It would be fun as hell to reenact too
Late 1800s stuff, people from around the world, and not everything is just trenches
Would probably be impossible to reenact though since the seige of a legations area of peking(Beijing)

Are you Confederate or Yankee scum?

Electrons repel or attract each other

Attached: 5FBADE5E-53E8-4434-A5F7-242CC1E524B0.jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

Chads reenact the F&I war

D U C K

Attached: BFCC0F29-A53A-4085-AC5F-7DBACD14788D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

> reenactment event
> only bluefags show up
wow this is so fun

What do you think?

Attached: 87D72A54-9666-4AC6-A2C8-F8B123288AD5.jpg (4032x3024, 3.6M)

>Not a problem.
shut up you fuckin nigger lover

Attached: 1558670619941.jpg (720x700, 79K)

How do you justify your hobby to normies? It's to the point where most assume you're a racist for simply being interested in old military objects. They won't even let you have a chance to explain most of the time.

Why on earth would someone let themselves be put on the back foot like that by groveling for a filthy normies approval of their hobby?

Accidents happen. Occasionally someone at work catches wind of your non-mainstream (aka questionable) interests. Now what?

This usually happens when someone wants you gone.
Remember your job is on the line.

Is it true that all the confederate LARPers are closeted racists?

How do I become a reenactor? Where do I sign up? What do I need to bring of my own or pay for?

>tfw I'm a white guy who does eastern woodland native reenacting
Its only a matter of time before the SJWs go after us folk in 'redface'

I get shit on for an interest in militaria despite being non-white. In fact a lot of people I deal to buy the objects that make me happy are shocked at that fact.

Has there ever been deaths from firearm related accidents with civil war re enacting? Has there ever been a case where political extremist factions on both sides have attempted to load real lead roundball ammunition’s into their guns, or attempt to sabotage the enemy by loading smokeless into their guns at night at camp, or maybe staging a false flag like union scouts attempted to cut breaks on cars but blaming other actors? I had a friend that worked on the VICE piece about the dark side of wrestling and a lot of these feuds can spill over into reality from the story line.

Heard stories about nogunz accidentally leaving the ramrod in their muskets then firing.

Ok i dont have much experience, but I'll share
Find a reenactment unit, and find their website if possible
Email whoever is listed saying I'd like to join or some shit, and theyll probably put you on an email list for events
After this, go to an event or meeting
And then thats pretty much it
The shit you'd need is stuff like uniform, the firearm (they fire blanks), and equipment
Ussually they may let you borrow the shit to try it out, for my unit they let people borrow it for as long as a year

Yeah, but it's all handmade, like the blankets with the hole in them for sex. It involves bison liver.

This picture is incredible comfy

How often do you jerk it to 2d anne frank?

Rarely
The most common thing youll get (had a friend tell me about how this happened to someone once or twice) is when you shoot off a blank too close to a person, and theyll get left with burns or of the such
Also why youre not suppost to shoot closer than 10 yards i think it was
As for the live ammo shit, it might be somewhat often that happens
However even if someone shoots at you with live ammo, chances are you wont notice it, because you're also support to aim above the head of people

Hispanic? There was probably a few of them in the armies of Texas, they've always been there.
Native tribes might have also aligned with the confederates since they weren't the ones putting them into camps and systematically exterminating them, the Union did that during and after the war.
There's also what would have happened regarding the south's post-war plan for the Golden Circle, where it would attempt to annex the entire Carribean and parts of South America to create a slavers union, if you're into alt history. You know, we should do shit like that. Any Jow Forums meetups we do must have a few mandatory alternate history re-enactments, we'll decide what in threads beforehand.

Happy birthday from this Billy Yank, user.

Attached: Becky.jpg (895x893, 109K)

>and that's how I watched grandpa get impaled

Hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Pretty much every western country united to dick down China. We should get the band back together.

Have you accidentally killed anyone? On purpose?

Do you cook period correct foods? Was wondering if you or someone you know there that does has any good soldier recipes that I can try out while camping next weekend.

I can only find dead links or stuff out of my area sadly.

360,222 yanks dead to 258,000 from the south. lolol

fatass

>We should get the band back together.
Only if I get the sick doughboy aesthetics and a Krag-Jorgensen

Do they allow light humping on the fallen to simulate necro war time rape

Happy Birthday man!

Yeah, but if you go by percentages, the south got annihilated. Those filthy yankee bastards were too many

Bumping for this question

shoo shoo nigger lovers

Attached: facts.jpg (1024x415, 74K)

It's simple, I don't have normie friends

idk, does a white guy being married to a Panamanian woman seem like the guy who keeps Klan robes in his closest?

Attached: IMG_7008.jpg (3648x2736, 2.15M)

happy birthday. that looks like fun.

t. would be in charge of the chuckwagon, cooking up a soup of hard tack, insects, and dirt

Also, I show pics of my reenactments to the normie friends that I do have of all the varying ethnicities of Civil War reenactors (there was an Asian in the Confederate Marines with "Chow Mein" written on his frock coat).

Attached: 30819399558_a0acf2d720_b.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

Thanks frens

Attached: heart.jpg (201x219, 11K)

>idk, does a white guy being married to a Panamanian woman seem like the guy who keeps Klan robes in his closest?
confederates tried to colonize south america, i don't think most of them had problems with the prospect of colonizing hot wetbacks.

>find reenactments within driving distance
>go to website of units involved
>email commanders

Some events even have information booths that will straight up tell you how to sign up (legally speaking, it's a matter of a small fee and some paperwork).

Attached: IMG_6157.jpg (3648x2736, 2.78M)

Is Texas ever represented at these events?

t. would larp

Not nearly enough

Attached: IMG_6409.jpg (3648x2736, 1.93M)

>Is Texas ever represented at these events?

Duh, the Texas Brigade was only one of the ANV's most famous units.

Attached: IMG_6162.jpg (3648x2736, 2.6M)

You could turn this photo black and white, and I would think it's a super old picture. Latina chick is hot

>Has there ever been deaths from firearm related accidents with civil war re enacting?

idk about deaths, but there are plenty of injuries from things like accidental discharges.

>Has there ever been a case where political extremist factions on both sides have attempted to load real lead roundball ammunition’s into their guns

Nope. Although there was supposedly once a French guy who was caught using live ammo at Gettysburg (under mistaken impression that was how it was supposed to be) and immediately banned from all reenacting organizations in the United States.

It's actually night impossible to sneak live rounds onto the field because multiple officers check all weapons prior to battle.

Attached: IMG_7100.jpg (3648x2736, 2.49M)

Attached: 4 u.jpg (3648x2736, 2.1M)

We're actually forbidden from using ramrods altogether because of this risk.

Attached: IMG_6132.jpg (3648x2736, 2.43M)

based. so a range safety officer loads everyone's guns?

>He doesn't have a confederate flag hanging in his office
Granted it's painted in a John Paul Strain print, but still you need to stand up for yourself you beta fuck.

you ever watched peep show? its a british channel 4 documentary. its hilarious
youtube.com/watch?v=PiLVAz-Jczg

No blond blue eyed qt in sight
>why even live

It's so that he can say nigger as much as he wants and no one can tell him to stop because he's just staying in character.

Yes, infantry actually have a specific drill for it that involves throwing your ramrod down the barrel and listening for a clanking sound. Artillerymen use mirrors (and occasionally flashlights when necessary) to inspect all gun barrels for obstructions.

Attached: IMG_6122.jpg (3648x2736, 2.04M)

>tfw met a guy who unironically had multiple JPS paintings all over his house.

Attached: 45762276191_bc0558767e_b.jpg (1024x768, 262K)

Combines all of my favorite things: snow, Western Virginia, guerilla warfare, and horse soldiers.
Regardless of anyone's feelings about the war, the man is a fantastic artist.

Attached: 144_2.jpg (400x265, 67K)

Could I use my originals?

Attached: Screenshot_20190524-195150_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 329K)

Depends on the event. We generally try to keep meals simple for sure, but then again we're all eating stuff like bacon and homemade bread/hardtacks instead of the roasted walnuts and skunk meat that soldiers were often stuck with in the field.

Speaking of hard tacks

A couple of of them actually are blue-eyed if you saw them in person.

Attached: 40356494694_e99bbe68e4_b.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

Jow Forumsino taste

Attached: 45037091594_b82ca4b7e7_b.jpg (1024x768, 114K)

Yes, so long as they could pass an inspection.

Attached: IMG_6945.jpg (3648x2736, 1.96M)

*vroom vroom*

Attached: IMG_6138.jpg (3648x2736, 2.25M)

lil' tooter

Attached: IMG_6856.jpg (3648x2736, 3.07M)

Sweet!

On the other hand, we had this for breakfast

Attached: IMG_6106.jpg (3648x2736, 2.18M)

Attached: 20190528_101445.jpg (714x714, 329K)

Big tooter

Attached: IMG_6988.jpg (3648x2736, 2.79M)

Wow, what a wholesome weekend!

faaattt

These are so cool. I want to go there now, even if it is California.

Wholesome thread, OP.

Attached: moethumbsup.gif (479x270, 482K)

Post guns and a timestamp tranny

ikr

H-How did you know?

Attached: 47293747232_dd7b2192a5_o.jpg (3648x2736, 2.49M)

>doesn't understand what a reenactment is
A basic diploma should be required to post here

LMAO, pic of "Chow Mein"?

This is true, Albert Pike even commanded a force of natives.

Also happy birthday user.

.t Canuck situated in Dixie, whose great great great grandfather fought in the 84th Illinois volunteer infantry People used pig intestines as makeshift condoms in the 19th century.

Attached: IMG_4716.jpg (2448x2448, 1.11M)