REMINDER: You didn't get that fighter slot

How's it feel, user? Not making it and all?

Attached: J-10 fighter pilot.png (897x597, 918K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2045607/call-more-training-after-death-chinese-woman-pilot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you really think anyone on Jow Forums has any form of advanced educational background to even qualify for the airforce much less be qualified to be near a plane

They let nuttinfancy drive a plane right?

I mean I'm not going to be a fighter, but I start flight school next week so I'm pretty stoked. Getting all my ratings.

Nutfancy drove a glorified bus for a living, that retard would never qualify for any fighter pilot role.

>How's it feel, user? Not making it and all?

I'm cool about it, actually. I'm looking forward to seeing Israel fall to Allah after the US loses WW3 because Barry Obama and Jim 'Trannies are Cool' Mattis gave command of billion dollar military assets to Stacey and Tyrone

Do you have any idea how hard it is to be a fighter pilot these days?
This isn't WWII where they let anyone with the skills do it, these days you need to have at least a BA is aero engineering and physics if not more before they even look at you.
If you want to fly join the Army since they have more rotorcraft than they can get officer slots for.

>anyone on Jow Forums has any form of advanced educational background

I mean I have an MBA and make a good bit of money but nobody with half a brain would let me near an aircraft. Advanced Education and qualification to fly are mutually exclusive.

>BA is aero engineering
>Bachelor of Arts in Aerospace Engineering
user, I...

There's dudes in the muhreens flying hornets with history degrees
You only need an engineering degree if you want to be a test pilot

>This isn't WWII where they let anyone with the skills do it, these days you need to have at least a BA is aero engineering and physics if not more before they even look at you.

Actual bullshit. You can be a drooling moron as long as you have a perfect PFA score.

The military is taking a nosedive because the people signing up for OCS and ROTC are all phys ed majors or nogs and biocunts on diversity scholarships.

A pilot that I actually managed to like was a US history major

>to Stacey
military doesn't have Staceys. They wish they were Staceys. They are more Berthas.

>every pilot has a BA in Aero Engineering & Physics
holy shit where does one acquire this degree?

>Advanced Education and qualification to fly are mutually exclusive
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Most people who can afford to learn how to fly on their own are at least somewhat more intelligent than average, and the military only allows people with degrees to fly aircraft, barring the Army's Warrant Officer helo pilots.

I've seen people unable to put their underwear on correctly in the air force.

Success University™. They accept military veterans. Only.

Either way they're still diversity hires

Beh, in my family we eat crayons and shit napalm on the indigenous peoples of the world. Had to look up how to write indigenous. Fuck planes and the black magic that holds them in the sky.

i hope they accept me. i have zero college credits and a GED.
maybe my GI bill money will be able to convince them.

Why does he get to have fun while you don't, Jow Forums?

Attached: french-navy-rafale-m.jpg (1200x800, 615K)

Would such a degree teach you to draw pretty pictures of planes with accurate free-body diagrams?

What makes him better than you, Jow Forums? His genes?

Attached: Sukhoi Su-35S pilot.jpg (1024x677, 301K)

A confluence of natural talent, work ethic, luck, and intelligence?

I was a bit imprecise, what I meant to say is being educated doesn't mean you can/should fly a plane. I found this out whilst flying a plane, definitely not for me, way too much going on. Then again I also nearly burned down my apartment with a pepperoni pizza.

he's russian, it's already proven with their combat effectiveness that they literally allow any weak schmuck to take the reins of their fighters.

I went through Navy flight school during the T-45 fiasco and got cucked out of fighters as a result. I had good grades, too.

It's not that hard. I was told I would've have had a slot if I hadn't had a dui in college. Sucks to suck.

>Do you have any idea how hard it is to be a fighter pilot these days?

Not nearly as impossible as mongs make it out to be. If you can pull a math heavy degree from a lower mid-tier school or better and meet MEPS requirements, you're going to get a slot in one of the branches.

I’m Asian. My grades are better than yours.

that fucking butthurt... i bet you don't even have a drivers license, smoothbrain.

>people with advanced degrees
>wasting their time working for the government
whew

I went through T-38's in the USAF during a huge fighter drought. No pointnose for me. Hug me bro

Worst feel in the world, man. Chased the dream, studied hard and did everything right, but cucked by timing. And there's nothing you can ever do in this life to remedy it.

This is what I thought when I was twenty-something, just out of the Army, and starting college. Now that I'm a 30 something on the back-end of a STEM Ph.D, I've got a very different tune. Gov't work is very secure and the benefits are outrageous.

REMINDER: You didn't make your way to be a fighter pilot you gave yourself excuses.

This; especially with the way industry and academia is treating a lot of people right now. There are no more irreplaceable people. Even if you are hyper competent in a highily niche and technical skill; there's going to be someone out there ready and willing to do it just as good or better for less money. Companies basically flat out don't promote from within or focus on employee retention anymore. Even engineering is drying up with more and more fields turning to IT style contractor positions because of the glut of young people that jumped on the band wagon. Government work isn't the most glamorous or high paying, but it sure as shit is stable.

Part of me wants to go flight warrant, but another part of me knows being a W instead of an O, flying helos, and being 300 times more likely to be shot down and killed than a fighter pilot ruins it.

>being 300 times more likely to be shot down and killed than a fighter pilot
That's what makes it fun and exciting.

>wanting to be commissioned and not a Warrant

Bruh, Warrant is the promised land.

>the benefits are outrageous
now that's setting a low bar

a few of my friends in engineering school went to do govt work after graduation and all of them left as quick as they could. shit pay, mind numbingly dull work, and the worst bureaucracy imaginable. the only people there were dregs and lifers.

I've actually considered joining the royal air force to be a pilot. It's still a possibility but knowing the current state of it they'll probably sit me on a desk.

tfw you will never get to drop thermobaric and HE ordnance on (CIA & Mossad) sponsored AlQ and ISIS terrorists subhumans and dispense immediate justice... why even live Jow Forums?

Attached: 1561305154425.jpg (800x800, 173K)

Why do you say that? You get less pay and have a much lower cap for advancement.

because people are idiots and actually think warrants dont do anything

>tfw no chinese fighter pilot gf to drop bombus on your heart

Attached: 1550626308751.jpg (500x565, 27K)

1. You spend your career doing your job, if you commission you will, without question find yourself in front of a desk before the mid-point in your career and you will spend more time signing papers than you do flying anything.

2. Basically zero bullshit as a Warrant.

3. Warrant officer math. X + 3 = Fuck where "X" is the number after your rank and Fuck is the number it takes on the end of an "O-" to fuck with you. That is to say if you're W-2, no one below the rank of Lt. Co (O-5)l. is going to fuck with you if you're at all competent for fear of WOPA coming crashing down on their house.

Yeah see the problem is I was a Warrant before I med boarded. Warrants have busy days and they tackle complex issues on the regular. That said, they very much do it within their own little ecosystem which tends to be fairly isolated from permeating stupid.

Why exactly do warrant officers collectively have so much clout?

>there's going to be someone out there ready and willing to do it just as good or better for less money
Speak for yourself, the outsourcing trend has completely reversed itself. The market for CS/EE has never been hotter. Even B-grade retards are getting salaries now that would be unheard of five years ago.

I wish I could be shrunken down and stored in that middle pilots butt pocket and we could fly around all over the place

My uncle's been talking my ear off about flying in the air force. I just actually don't want to. In my opinion, doing that kinda stuff is a betrayal to my character.

i just gained to my primary training squadron in navy flight school

which one?

>Way too much was going on
Trust me. It gets much simpler later on down the road. Don't be afraid to ask your CFI questions and don't be afraid to make mistakes. This is the only way you can learn.

all that time in service working between SNCOs and commissioned officers means you have a nassload of connections

As a rule

1. They're regarded as irreplaceable experience and technical experts

2. As a rule, years of politicking as a NCO/SNCO previously gives them a lot of connections. Even street-to-seat types tend to know a lot of very senior officers.

Let's be hpnest, I was never getting into flight school. Too tall, vision needs correction, slow reaction times, couldn't pass the background check, never went to uni, not athletic, 300 lbs, never even joined the Air Force.

Shit, when I lay it all out like that, I should bever havectopd everyone "You'll see! I will too be a fighter ace one day!"

I couldn't afford college and didn't want to take out a loan.
ROTC wouldn't accept me.

Honestly, sucks to suck.
Dad and grandpa both got to fly shit without school or degrees.

judgement time.

My dumb self managed two engineering degrees, I didn't go aviation because I couldn't be fucked to get Lasik.

that movie was Jow Forums af desu

Attached: 1535780714239.jpg (480x288, 20K)

Of she drives a J-10B she can sit on my face

If it’s an alpha she can sit on a dildo of rusty nails

Why don't our flight suits have epaulets?

The one in the middle died years ago in a crash.

Seems to be a cultural thing. The US hasn't really liked putting epaulets on their combat uniforms in the 2nd half of the 20th century for whatever reason.

Because epaulets belong on service uniforms and not operational uniforms.

>have shit eyes
Never would have made it to begin with

Could you anons please explain to me what happened and why you were cucked out of flying on the T-38/T-45 track?

t. University student looking to do OTS

Congrats user. Just a tip, if you're sent to NAS Corpus Christi, there's not a whole lot to do here.

somehow i don't think you came here to discuss weapons

Reminder that being a Warrant Officer pilot in the Army is a much better gig.

A refueling tanker is far more than a bus
It's a flying bomb w/ little birds looking for a hook-up at 60,000 feet
You wanna try that; user?

There’s a few military pilots that post on here occasionally who have posted proof and seem to know what they’re talking about. RPA, Super Hornet, Mudhen, a few Apache dudes. It’s really not that uncommon. There’s probably a bunch of guys here that tracked heavies but don’t mention it because heavies are gay lol.

It's alright
I was told from a young age that I was probably going to be too tall to do it (a total fuccking lie from my parents) but it turned out my eyes were shit and I couldn't do math to save my life
I later found guns and found out I loved guns much more than planes, so it all worked out I guess.

Can you fly fixed wing?

Yeah but nothing cool

>RPA
I kinda wonder how that life is. On one hand, it sucks to not be flying the aircraft in person, but I have to imagine you end up doing a lot more interesting missions than the guys flying heavies.

A refueling tanker is far more than a bus
It's a flying bomb w/ little birds looking for a hook-up at 60,000 feet
You wanna try that; user?

Tbf SHE didn't make it either, being that she got hit by burning wreckage after ejecting from her own plane and all.

go army and fly little birds
don't be gay Jow Forums

Harass women and minorities. And blame jews for my shortcomings.

You came to MY house nigger, you don't get to claim harassment.

>Just turned 22 and graduated college a few months ago
>Want to apply for an aviation contract through AF OTS/Navy OCS after I finish getting Jow Forums
>2.9 GPA in undergrad because I tanked freshman year (3.8/3.4 in Junior & Senior years though)
>Eyes need surgery
I'm not going to make it.... But I have to try. What could I do to boost my chances? I'm thinking of getting a private pilot's license, but I don't know what else I could do.

Attached: 3df62adc3b28cc69ea9099a435646caa.jpg (236x282, 22K)

Maybe consider flying helos as a WO for the Army if you really wanna fly. Between the eye thing and the GPA, I’m not sure if you’d be too competitive for a pilot slot. I could absolutely be wrong, though. Just be realistic and do your best at whatever you end up doing.

>letting a chink anywhere near your multimillion dollar aircraft

Attached: 1506416411271.png (431x210, 152K)

>joining the Air Force to be a pilot
>not to be a Combat Controller or Pararescueman

Attached: 1474045085259.jpg (1280x1280, 341K)

i got cosmoline on my penis once, it got really hard when i tried to ruff it off

shes dead so.

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2045607/call-more-training-after-death-chinese-woman-pilot

Hi there. Senior AFROTC cadet here. Everyone in my flight who wanted a pilot slot got one. Everyone in the class above me (now commissioned) who wanted a pilot slot got one.

Do well on the AFOQT, get a few flight hours to boost your PICSM, take/retake the TBAS and get a good score, and get a decent score on your FA and you'll get a pilot slot.

They even changed over the two dudes who got slotted for RPA (one had a 76 FA and the other had a low pilot score on his AFOQT) to pilot.

Your degree literally doesn't matter in regards to you getting a pilot slot. Most of the people have criminal justice or political science degrees/majors.

>ROTC wouldn't accept me.
Well considering AFROTC accepts literally everyone (provided you don't have a criminal record or other serious issues) and you don't get disqualified by DoDMERB, this sounds like an excuse.

You literally just enroll in it like any other class. You don't even have to go to the host university. You can do two years at community college that has a crosstown agreement, do well and get a scholarship, then transfer to a full 4-year university.

Im an infantryman

Don’t let petty identity and ideology get in the way of a future

congrats m8

My dumb ass wanted to join the army or do some sort of service for the longest time before my body shit out on me. Now I’m just a fat nocturnal fuck anymore

Why wouldn’t rotc accept you? My school took everyone that wanted to give it a shot. Not many made it, but a fair few got the chance.

You don't need to get Lasik yourself to go aviation in the Air Force. Your vision just needs to be correctable to 20/20. They'll give you Lasik.

I'm a paleontologist you dumb nigger. Paleontologists aren't in the military. But yeah,feels bad knowing the Chinese have fighters.

The Navy guy got screwed out of T-45s presumably when it got grounded in 2017 for OBOGS issues. I got into the T-38 track in USAF pilot training but didn't get a fighter as an assignment upon graduation, because there were no fighter slots available for my class.

>flying bomb
Lmao, tankers are just grey airliners. The gas they use to refuel is taken from their own tanks.

>60,000 feet
Nothing flies that high except U-2s

>heavies are gay lol
No u

Attached: 5405DF01192448D8A1A4FF91D331C44B.png (502x563, 229K)