Recommend to me a good bolt-action scoped rifle that can fire both .308 and 7.62 reliably...

Recommend to me a good bolt-action scoped rifle that can fire both .308 and 7.62 reliably. I'm just trying to up my game in being able to accurately shoot targets beyond 300 yards, and maybe use it to go hunting with friends one day.

I was going to get a Remington 700, but when I did my research into it I found out Remington has really shit the bed in terms of quality control recently. So I'm looking for something that's just as good.

Attached: remington-700adl-30-06sprfld-047700270951.jpg (650x650, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

czub.cz/en/produkty/kulovnice/medium/cz-557-range-rifle.html
tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-tac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can you even name a bolt action that can't fire .308 but can fire 7.62?

TIKKA
I
K
K
A

Budget?
Take a look at tikka. Their t3x line is very well liked. I do wish they would make a varmint config in 308 though.

Not OP but also curious.
Is TC Compass shit? They are Smith and Wesson owned, right? I was wondering if it would be a decent baby's first bolt gun. I also have no experience with shooting beyond 100 yards and was wanting to get a cheap bolt gun and cheap scope jist for plinking. Even a shit bolt gun is probably more accurate than a noob like me.

My Spanish 1916 Mauser pops primers and once blew open the magazine floorplate from gas blowby when I use .308 Tula steelcase. Haven't tried brass .308, but since I haven't had issues with 7.62x51 brass I don't think I want to test my luck.

>top tier non custom production level
Sako, Weatherby, old Remingtons
>excellent tier
Tika, Howa, Savage
>good tier
Browning
>shit
Modern remington

well played, i expected someone to stop by with some old surplus shit, though wouldn't it have been designed with .308 since 7.62 didn't exist?
not sure if the standard loads were different or spanish mausers were made with a weaker load in mind, but my point is you'll struggle to find anything made in the past 5 decades that can only handle 1, especially bolt action.

Winchester, Springfield, Ruger and Mossberg also make good bolty bois

I bought a .338 Winmag mossberg patriot recently new for $370 and am very pleased with it.

this

Swap Tikka and old Remington, drop Howa and Savage a tier, and then you've got a fairly accurate list.

Iirc when many of the 1916 mausers were converted to 7.62 they used a 7.62x51 CETME rather than 7.62x51 NATO. 7.62 CETME has a lower chamber pressure than both .308 and 7.62 NATO so if you’re shooting your 1916, be sure to shoot 7.62 NATO and stick to brass cased ammo. Steel cases are less ductile and tend to lead to inconsistent chamber pressures which can be dangerous in older guns.

my next 308 will probably be a Tikka CTR with a 20" barrel

Have you not seen the T3x Supervarmint SS?

Bergara B14. I'm telling you it's the best fucking budget long range rifle right now. Fucking take my word for it. .308 and 7.62x51 are synonymous.

Attached: 105617-ejl1020_bergara1web.jpg (1000x333, 38K)

Anyone know of some good bolt action .308’s with iron sights?

Steyr cl2

Those look nice, sadly it’s a bit out of my price range atm.

The best production rifles you can get right now are Sako rifles, which are just Tikas with fancier three lug single piece bolts. Weatherby makes an excellent rifle but they are almost always in his fucking terrible meme rounds so avoid them. Fierce firearms are also super nice but they are just sako clones so obviously they are nice.

What's the gestalt around the Ruger Scout rifle?

They're fucking great. I own 1 in 5.56 for plinking and SHTF, couldnt be happier with the bolt and accuracy .

>Weatherby
these are Howas.

What are some options for a 308 with 16 inch threaded barrel preferably under 40 in overall length?

The 700 Police and 700 Police LTR are still fine.

bump

loving my CZ 557
czub.cz/en/produkty/kulovnice/medium/cz-557-range-rifle.html

Attached: MG_4229.jpg (1500x1000, 478K)

Savage 110 hog hunter. It has a gimmicky name, but is solid. Also, Zastava USA will be distributing their mauser action m70 rifles sometime this year. Most of those have irons.
You may also consider the Henry long ranger. It isn't a bolt action, but may interest you.

Checked and are you me? Anybody own a Compass?

Yep, I can attest to that

>Zastava
Seriously? New production Mausers?
Finally, someone is understanding the vibe here.

May as well buy a dedicated long range precision rifle and a cheap hunting rifle later if you decide you want one. You can buy entry level hunting rifles for only a few hundred dollars and throw a cheap scope on it.

>Also, Zastava USA will be distributing their mauser action m70 rifles sometime this year.
They were supposed to start in June/July

Attached: skl.jpg (320x256, 20K)

You cant find any in .308 in the u.s. unfortunately.

bought mine in canuckistan

poo n the loo SMLE

Incorrect. Spanish mauser conversations were designed specifically for 7.62x51 NATO. The reality is they were originally designed for 7mm mauser, then converted to 7.62 NATO and should not be hotrodded with the slightly more pressurized. 308 Win.

AR-10
It isn't a bolt. With a 16" barrel you aren't getting a lot out of a bolt gun anyway.

I've got one in 5.56/.223. For what you pay it's an amazing rifle. Threaded from factory, trigger isn't complete shit, the only downside is that the stock is pretty meh. They can be had for around $200 so grab one and put it in an aftermarket stock and you've got a nice gun. I just emailed MDT yesterday and they are dropping the Oryx for the compass in the next 1-2 weeks so that is an option as well.

Ive looked at those, does the shorter barrel on the hog hunter have much of an impact on the rifle’s performance? The Zastavas look nice too, might be an option.

Guaranteed sub MOA with an adjustable trigger and threaded barrel for under $300.

A 20 inch barrel is common and will kill medium game as far as most people can humanely use it

So Zastava isn't importing shit now or what?

>308
>Varmint
The politically correct term is "communist"

Attached: 1565404531857.jpg (640x480, 165K)

>can fire both .308 and 7.62 reliably

Attached: patrol red dot.jpg (695x701, 143K)

>politically correct
How dare you sir.!.!.

Heres a short list of rifles with similar features for long range shooting (sub moa capable, adjustable length of pull and cheek rest, heavy 20+ inch barrel, sling studs for bipods, adjustable trigger, detatchable box magazine, threaded barrel) and their approximate price.

Remington 700 magpul $1000
Savage 110 tactical $650
Bergara b14 hmr (non adjustable 3lb trigger) $1000
Tikka t3x tac (Non adjustable trigger and LOP non threaded barrel) $1800
Sako 85 black wolf (non threaded barrel not sure of the barrel dia) $2200
Ruger precision rifle $1200 (not sure of the barrel dia)

The savage looks like a hell of a deal. Any reason not to get it?

Any others worth mentioning that fit most of the criteria?

All this love for wheatherby. No love for howa. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Even modern Remington isnt anywhere near as bad as people here make it out to be. But howa makes a better 700 than them.
Truth is.....
Savage axis. Tc compass. You're not really gonna go wrong with any cheap bolt action at this point in the game. Nothing really is a lemon out there. Go to big 5 and get a cheap bolty boy. You got money? Tikka, howa, or sako. Entry level on bolt actions is negligible. You won't notice the difference 500$ makes for a while.
Get a used rifle off a fudd is my vote.

Anyone has honest feedback regarding the Mossberg MVP line?

Howa and Weatherby are that different? I was considering the Vanguard recently

Moist nugget

No thats the joke. Weatherby vanguard's are howas. I was talked into a howa by my ffl guy with that reasoning. Howas are great guns they just don't get the love on k for being japs.

ALright, I’m lost, I thought Weatherby were made in Kawaistan as well.

Yeah at the howa factory

Weatherby and howas are the same thing
If you have the patience get a barreled action howa off Brownell's. Then get a separate stock of your choosing. Or chassis. Cheaper but can get expensive on the stock.

>Tikka t3x tac (Non adjustable trigger and LOP non threaded barrel)
Huh? Mine has an adjustable trigger, threaded barrel and the LOP can be adjusted via spacers.
Threaded barrel is one of the core features of the "tactical" variants.
Also the long CTR is much better value than the tac.

Rebarreling is proprietary, so fuck them.

I had a scout and sold it. It was good for what it was but i was able to jam the sloppy mauser sytle bolt.

Any good gunstock retailer ideas for Euros?

Don't buy anything with a fixed front sight. That shit is so fudd.

anyone have an opinion on the Mossberg MVP series? I watched some videos and they look pretty nice. taking AR10 and M14 mags is a big plus too.

Attached: 27777[1].jpg (600x600, 43K)

No idea. But stocks are everywhere. The one thing you have left to beat off the dark skinned hordes the Jews are importing by the millions to gang rape your 11 year old niece.

As for the mossy mvp line I've heard nothing but great things user.

Yup, looking for reliable info as well

I was lurking into the Boyds stocks but they don’t sell to europoors

Bumping for interest

Find a retailer in your country/neighbouring country. I have a boyds retailer here in Finland at least.

Does the CETME rifle itself have many issues with .308?

tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-tac
i did not see those features listed on their website so i assumed they were not present

>Also the long CTR is much better value than the tac.
You are correct. Half the price and its nearly the same rifle.

Savage Axis

Attached: 981498984794.jpg (1804x1010, 341K)

Don't buy remshit you retard.

If you're on a budget buy a Howa-1500/Weatherby Vanguard instead.

If you're not on a tight budget any nice Euro bolt gun will be a good choice.
Tikka, Sako, Sauer, Heym, CZ, whatever. It's all good shit.

It will "safely" fire full pressure 7.62NATO/308win but it the action open super early and super hard.
It throws the brass into orbit and the bolt carrier slams into the recoil buffer hard as fuck.

It's not directly dangerous to fire a shot or two of the full pressure shit, but it's certainly not recommended.

me likey

Any of them...