Is the 1911 any good in the modern age or is it just a boomer gun?

Is the 1911 any good in the modern age or is it just a boomer gun?

I wanted to buy a handgun on my 21st birthday but I want it to be something decent and preferably something under $1000. I thought the series 70 1911 would be good

Attached: colt s70.jpg (501x334, 56K)

I was unaware bullets stopped killing. Can anyone else confirm?

Nope, they were decent for the fist 115 years, but yesterday all 1911s turned to shit.
Get something plastic

A cap & ball black powder revolver is still an adequate SD gun today. Civilians on the street honestly don't need THAT much firepower, though having more is always appreciated. A .45 cal single stack 1911 carries an okayish number of rounds of more than sufficient power. It's fine.

9mm has dubious killing potential

How was one man so based?

Attached: JOHN_M._BROWNING.jpg (640x909, 44K)

Excellent choice

Attached: 0987BE35-AB2B-46F0-BCFE-C2DDBDD34CB7.jpg (800x600, 65K)

I've got a sarco parts kit and rock island frame coming in. Anybody have any experience with them?

Attached: sarc.jpg (800x661, 45K)

>A cap & ball black powder revolver is still an adequate SD gun today. Civilians on the street honestly don't need THAT much firepower, though having more is always appreciated
I can't tell if this is bong cuck posting or not
>A .45 cal single stack 1911 carries an okayish number of rounds of more than sufficient power. It's fine.
Is it any good for SHTF in burgerland since parts would be so widespread? Self defense I'm sure it would be okay

It's a hair above a revolver

19schmellevin for tha win!! Mine had a few hiccups within the first 500 rounds, but after the initial 500 round mark, it’s been flawless. I grease all the sliding components with Lucas Red ‘n Tacky grease and oil all the rotating components and it is unstoppable with that combination. I was even able to fire it underwater like my Glock was capable of doing.

Attached: E8BEE10A-9207-43BF-BA96-D0CC24FF2D16.jpg (1600x1200, 390K)

Only hits count. 1911 has suburb trigger, points well.

If you want the most effective tool for actual self defense and eliminating one or multiple hostiles, you get a glock or similar poly striker fired modern handgun. They are much more reliable, lighter, and much higher capacity than 1911s and revolvers. They are superior in every single way.

If you want a 1911 or revolver or other fudd gun because you appreciate the historical value of an old design, that's fine. Just know in 2019 they are seriously inferior self defense tools compared to modern offerings. They're good collection or range guns, and that's about it.

it's fine, but honestly there are better options in many situations

the question really is: What do you plan on using your pistol for?

The intended use may point you to other options.

If you just want something because you want it, that's fine too.

They're dated but functional. Definitely the best of its era, still great for competition, but there are better .45 ACP guns for EDC and self defense. It's heavy, has a lot of safeties, single stack and low capacity despite it's very large size (modern staggered magazine .45 ACP pistols of similar size hold 10-12), and has more moving parts meaning more that can go wrong.
Boomers have turned it into a vanity piece and an entry level 1911 costs a hell of a lot more than any modern .45 pistol save maybe certain German pistols like the USP.
If you get one you'll probably like it, but there are better options, even in its size class, for EDC unless you want a range gun.

Parts are common but a lot of them don't just swap out withourmt requiring some skillful fine tuning. Boomers and their 1911s keep a lot of gunsmiths in business.

I want a pistol that would have enough fire power to drop somebody in one shot up close for self defense. I've fired a 9mm glock before and those don't feel heavy in my hands at all.

I don't think 9mm is a shitty round but if someone is in my face I want something that would only take one bullet
Alright so I guess I should get something more modern with higher capacity

> Boomers have turned it into a vanity piece
this. The 1911s in ww2 were loose toleranced, rattled, had plastic grips, all things that a fudd nowadays would scoff at. They also had gritty 8lb triggers, and the modern 1911dragqueens would scoff at that too, talking about how 1911s have always had the best trigger pulls, and how their 4 lb trigger on their 1911 is a necessity over the oh so heavy 5.5 lb glock trigger. The original 1911s were pretty cool just like the people who really had to use them. Modern 1911s are overpriced useless pieces of shit just like the faggot drama queen fudds who own modern 1911s.

>Is the 1911 any good in the modern age or is it just a boomer gun?
It may be a boomer gun BUT it's the been the arm of America, the Church of Mormon, and the free world for ever 300+ years now FOR A GOOD REASON as it has been used to crush the Spanish Empire, Nazi Germany, and Imperial Japan just to name a few wars we've won with it. Plus when you carry a 1911 God and the Prophet John Smith will look after you in the battle field use their divine power to shield you enemy fire. The 1911 is even capable of knocking down a fully thick skinned roided up Pinoy berserkers high on hallucinates that would have otherwise massacred our troops with clubs and spears.
Anything that doesn't fire 45acp or higher isn't worth carry BTW unless your a pussy.
Those who say the 1911 is '''inferior''' are typically sweaty Cheetos covered neckbeards and limp wrist Sóy bois faggots who can only carry light weight flimsy polymer 9mm bitch boi pistols that typically break after the first 100 shots whereas a heavy steal framed 1911 that a REAL MAN carries can easily handle over 9000 rounds a minute if you had a magazine long enough for that anyway.
A good 1911 will last you for generations OP and will put the fear of god into the commies so go and get one today.

Just be sure to avoid giving your shekels to Springfield, fuck those crony scheming traitors, I wouldn't even buy parts from them personally.

Attached: 41974-3-1306228105.jpg (603x377, 31K)

Yeah, its a great target pistol. Fun to shoot with a nice trigger.

Attached: STI Perfect 10 doublestack M1911, 10mm, 12+1.jpg (929x622, 347K)

Buy a glock 17 or 19 or 26, 9mm is the best cartridge nowadays. Get federal HST or hornady critical duty. Be a real man.

kek.saved

Attached: 1477658039586.jpg (604x453, 116K)

Attached: giphy.gif (500x207, 3M)

It's a first rate pistol no matter what the calendar says.

I'd say its a decent choice. Not the best, but a decent one. If your looking for a EDC you are starting to stack the odds against you even if it's just by a little. For a range gun and just general 'other' use, it's a fine gub

Yes. .45 didn't suddenly stop being good enough over night, properly made 1911s are very reliable, and 8+1 capacity is more than enough for 99.999% of civilian DGUs. They're boomer guns, but plenty good for defensive use. Hell, CAG and SEALs still voluntarily run around with MK24s(same capacity) on spook ops for christ sake.
>I want it to be something decent and preferably something under $1000
Up your budget by a tiny bit and find a quality LNIB dan wesson for 950-1100 or fuck off and buy a casual gun that wont itch your scratch. Mid priced 1911s from typical makers(800-1000) are almost universally lame as far as quality vs cost goes. Meanwhile like new dan wessons are a meaningful step up and all over the place for 900-1100 dollars for basic models compared to their 1200-1500 NIB prices.

The kits are cheap. They may throw in a Roto barrel and a mix of things maybe Rock Island or Norinco. I would get a good barrel and take your time fitting.

Attached: circle.jpg (500x500, 17K)