AR15 First build - need help

Is this gap between upper receiver and handguard/barrel nut O.K? Any way to close this off so no dirt gets in?

Attached: IMG_0908-900x600.jpg (900x600, 91K)

Yeah.

No

Maybe

Maybe

My face when OP will never confidently know the answer and will shake when pulling the trigger for the first time, hoping he isn't detonating a bomb in his hands, a bomb he created and rested his face on.
RIP, OP.

Attached: download (5).png (244x206, 6K)

So is it ok or not?

lmaoooo something definitely off. Also:
>keymod
let me guess, it was on sale and cheaper than m-lok.

All other rails i've got are keymod and fit perfectly. First time with BCM altough...

Nice, is that an OG KMR?

Is your barrel nut torqued properly? If so, you are good to shoot. If you have a KMR like in the picture, they are a quite a snug fit to get fully seated.

Dirt will not enter the action through that gap, but it may be a hard place to clean.

Yes, it's properly torqued. I know that no dirt will enter the action from there but it just doesn't look right like on my other rifles and my question is if theres anything i can do to make it look better

You'll never truly know.
Each time you pull the trigger, you'll always have doubt.
But I'm just fucking with you. We're all already dead.

Attached: 15823299_10157920422370043_8062955987822071248_n-e1483328933606-660x495.jpg (660x495, 75K)

is that a polymer lower that I'snt a GWACS?

I know that you're fucking with me and no, that won't happen because I dont use a polymer lower ;)

Is that pattern so you can hang it up on a wall

Attached: AR what.jpg (1129x2065, 350K)

Good job, user. Go have fun with it.
Yea, first search result that came up for 'ar-15' exploded

Attached: ar-15-kaboom.jpg (1024x613, 54K)

Yes

Your picture obviously shows that...

>still using a standard upper receiver with it's outdated handguard to upper receiver connection

that was your first mistake, OP.

Attached: Mega_MML_420__24765.1435612562.1280.1280.jpg (1280x960, 451K)

I’m just going to throw my opinion out here because this is the internet and fuck you all.
I hate long assed rails. Hate them. The 10” rail with the barrel poking out is nice, I like that. I love the carbine with a RAS. But I hate these long assed rails that cover the whole fucking barrel. It’s gross.

Ok I jus wsn't sure.

Not OP here. I started an AR build as a total amateur and don't have the time to make sure I do it correctly. I'm going to just buy a complete rifle. Is there anywhere I can take a lower and some parts and just say "Hey I'll give you a few bucks to complete it?"

I have a KMR, and you need to use a heat gun to get the rail all of the way on.

Don't be a bitch and just finish your lower. Those are easy. Then order a complete upper off of the internet.

Perhaps

Whew, you sure are a retard.

Attached: 1562095518207.jpg (818x578, 34K)

Mlok and keymod are the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. Op, screw is too loose, now you have to fuck with it to get it off. Too tight, fuck you. God dammit I fucking hate mlok.

>he can't even bridge the seam

Attached: 1517014674293.jpg (683x1024, 61K)

Okay. But if you ever actually wind up taking a real training class you will find that a longer handguard is nice because it lets you shoot off of cover without having to rest the barrel directly on anything. But who am I kidding, you will never actually train.

>BCM
>Keymod
>building a parts gun

hahaha

it's also nicer for keeping yourself from burning on the hot barrel when you have to sling the gun and then move with it after getting it nice and hot.

Sauce is Grummancat on DA, FYI.

nothing wrong with keymod. its simply not as durable in the extremes as mlok. considering companies are dropping support of it, nows a good time to buy since prices will be going down.

>o noes if I take a class after I get my 214 I’ll start to like the longer rails
My nigga the basic bitch setup has worked for what, 30 years now? All you have to do is not mount the barrel on anything and you’ll be fine put it on the handguard. This isn’t rocket science and you’d know that if you spent more than 5 minutes airshit larping a year.