Let .40 cal die ffs

Lets be honest... .40 cal is dead.

Please tell me why anyone needs it?

Tfw too little and young to be .45, too old and retarded to be modern 9mm

Not bait

Attached: 20190818_225400.jpg (1078x809, 354K)

You're not wrong, but you posted something that can't really spawn a thread. Kind of a waste desu.

Yeah

The best PDR is .32lr
Prove me wrong.

Whats that?

>the technical improvements that increased 9mm effectiveness somehow don't apply to modern .40 loadings

I felt the same way until I grew up and had enough guns and money to start buying things that aren't based on min/maxing efficiency and saving money on bulk ammo. I'll admit I shoot .22LR and 9mm the most, but .40 is fun, and if I had to choose between getting shot by a 9mm and a .40, and begrudgingly opt for the 9mm.

They don't really. The improvements basically meant more reliable expansion, which .40 already achieves without the ballistic advancements. Hence all you're really getting with .40 is slightly less capacity, more expensive ammo, and stouter recoil. None of them are too big of a deal but when comparing the calibers side by side, there's basically no reason to pick .40 over 9mm

Why is it dead?
I love .40 cal a bit pricier but outperforms 9mm.
In some .40's they are snappy in a Shield or glock 27 but in a full size pistol XD-40 Glock 22 M&P 40 its a smooth shooter no recoil what's so ever.
What's the hate?

>if i had the choice to be shot with .40 or 9mm

What type of unironic autistic cuck chooses what round to be shot with?

>outperforms 9mm
in what way?
>doesn't expand more reliably
>handgun calibers don't noticeably benefit from larger diameter
>more expensive
>more recoil
>less capacity
>less common
>doesn't kill any more reliably
There's literally nothing objectively better about .40 other than moderately better barrier penetration, and that's basically a meme for personal defense/CC

Attached: 4915498519841.png (860x650, 60K)

This.
Muh 9mm loading advancements.
.40,10mm,and .357 Sig have come a long way also and all these calibers trump 9mm.
The only thing 9mm has is capacity and if you're a seasoned shooter all those calibers have no recoil what's so ever just snap up more but doesn't hurt your hand to shoot.

How does it outperform 9mm in any way? Literally trading 2-3 more shots per mag for a round that's like slightly larger in diameter... also, more expensive, less available, yada yada

If this your first encounter with a hypothetical scenario? Try to use your imagination and not take it so literally.

>making any kind of point

9mm is a dead round, use .357 Sig, 10mm Auto or 9x25 Dillon instead.

Open division will keep it alive, even after all the PDs finish ditching it. Price will probably go up though.

>9mm is a dead round
>use .357 Sig

Larger diameter, greater mass, and higher kinetic energy. Same reason people like 10mm. Hot loads with light-for-caliber projectiles can reach 600-700ft-lbs but in a smaller frame.

>box of 9mm $9.99 .40 $12.99
>it has wider expansion than 9mm
>average 2 less rounds than 9mm that's negligible at best 16 rounds vs. 14 rounds
>doesn't over penetrate and dumps more energy cause of its flat nose shape

Maybe you just can't afford to shoot .40 or think it actually has "recoil"

>Doesn't expand
Lmao wtf 9 and 40 use the same bullet designs
>Don't benefit from size
Okay
>More expensive
Sour grapes
>More recoil
Literally stop being a bitch
>Less common
It's literally in every gun store?
>Doesn't kill any more reliably
Okay? 9meme literally has it's own fucking meme from it not killing people.

10mm fags actually think it outperforms 9mm lol. Its just a .40 s&w with a longer casing

Based

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-14-18-03-33-1.png (1439x1853, 632K)

>box of 9mm $9.99 .40 $12.99
I'm not sure if you can math user, but that's a 30% increase in price. That's significant.
>wider expansion
Evidence shows us that if you achieve expansion and have good shot placement, nominal caliber increases make no difference in efficacy.
>average 2 less rounds is negligible
Yeah I'll give you that one
>doesn't over penetrate
But user, .40 is notorious for penetration. One of the only real advantages it offers is better barrier penetration than 9mm.
>dumps more energy cause of its flat nose shape
Just... what? Do you understand physics? Do you think the shape of a bullet affects the amount of energy it can deliver? I'm genuinely confused as to what you could mean by this statement.

Attached: 94924625652416541.png (1011x1049, 238K)

Have you ever heard of a truncated nose bullet?

>Doesn't expand
I said doesn't expand more reliably, dumbshit. As you said they use the same bullet design, and with modern loadings both calibers tend to expand about as reliably as the other. Learn to comprehend what you read.
>sour grapes
If you shot enough you'd realize that a 15-30% reduction in ammunition price is significant
>inb4 poorfag
If you spend $1000 on both calibers, you'd end up with significantly more 9mm.
>literally stop being a bitch
I didn't say it was unmanageable, I'm just saying that objectively not a good thing. Time to follow up is a real thing, why else do you think that competitive shooters always try to find the lightest-recoiling caliber or compensate to reduce it?
>in every gun store
Not around me and not in nearly as many varieties. There is far smaller of a market for .40 than for 9mm.
>has it's own fucking meme
Hey buddy, that apostrophe is unnecessary. Possessive form is "its".
Also
>I believe in memes so much I let them inform my life decisions
Did you know that there's a meme about microwaving your phone to charge it? Better go try that user, since you consider internet memes to be a reliable source of info.

Attached: 1560877770996.jpg (725x555, 221K)

Yes, most of my 9mm are loaded with them, as were the original German production examples. Are you on drugs?

>dumps more energy cause of its flat nose shape

I hope you're joking a round nose has less diameter at the tip compared to a flat nose.
Inb4 proof?

Attached: Capture+_2019-08-26-15-30-48.png (1437x543, 96K)

Have you ever heard of Sir Isaac Newton?

>Do you think the shape of a bullet affects the amount of energy it can deliver?
m8 you're in over your head on this one

>implying any stupid faggot on Jow Forums shoots enough that the price difference between 9mm and .40 over the course of a year is more than 100 bucks
>implying those stupid faggots aren't already reloading their own shit
every fucking thread

There's really no point dick waving with automatic pistol calibers except maybe 50AE.

Hahaha it all makes sense now.
You're too cheap too hand over a couple bucks more for .40 cal.
If you can't afford it don't go out of your way to shit on it.

>Agree with me
>He's mad he can't afford a superior round
>Ditto
>Bitching about recoil in current year
>Sour grapes grammer nazi mad is caliber is so shitty it has a meme
Lmao I know you're right about the I can get more bullets with $1000 but why would I want $1000 of a shitty round? Also you're fucking lying every gun store has 40. Literally seething at the thought of us 40 kings.

Here I will give you a free Glock .40 there's no reason not to take it,its a free gun.

Attached: 20190802_080244-1.jpg (1841x2716, 1.4M)

i think he means 327ACP, which is honestly GOAT

I've never heard of it,maybe its .327 Federal?

What about .44magnum in a coonan or desert eagle?

it's like that, but with no rim.
you can get 21 rounds in a magazine the size of a glock17 round mag

Most of Jow Forums won't even shoot enough to shoot out a PSA upper but complain about muh ammo prices.
Just go shoot your 1 box of 50 rounds and go home like you always do.

Fuck you asshole, 50 rounds in plenty if you're training for close-combat. Ranges are expensive and there's always some douchebag with nicer shit than you saying shit like, "Dude, is that mountain dew in a camelbak? That's sick haha" I don't need your fucking approval, you walking sheep. I spend enough time at the mall playing the terminator game to know that I can build the castle on your face and rip through a whole drum mag off my 10/22. Why would I need to shoot more than that? In 3 weeks that .22lr is going to be worth more than ten dollars a shot when the Dumbocraps take over and push for mandatory mental health checks before you can buy a gun. You're the same kind of dumb asshole as my stepdad. "No user the wii fit balance board doesn't count for PT"

What the fuck do you even know asshole, you were a zogbot in the infantry. I'm actually training for combat, not israel. But have fun shooting more than 50 rounds a month you fucking tryhard

Please tell me you don't think that the shape of the bullet actually increases or decreases the energy it delivers... Do you really not know Newton's 2nd law? People really can't be this retarded...
>Ignore every point made
>hurhur ur cheap aintcha
I'd spend the same amount on ammunition regardless because I have a specific budget for it, but 9mm will feed far more range trips (or longer trips) on the same budget. Thinking "spending more money == better" is literal poor niggerthink. Spend with more sense, my man, not with more bravado.
>why would I want $1000 of a shitty round?
Yeah that's what I'm wondering, and yet you're still defending that shitty round.
>40 kangz
The memes write themselves. Why does it seem the only people in these threads defending .40swishers&welfare are either clearly baitposters or african-descended apes?

Attached: 14688171873.jpg (547x412, 33K)

>Meanwhile, in reality

The only reason people buy .40 cal pistols is cause the guns are being firesold at low prices. 9mm is at an all time high as far as realiabilty and diversity are concerned

I was given a free gun in .40 (XDm), and it was fucking terrible so I sold it for a Glock 17, which has been far better.

Attached: 19819849494.png (856x542, 705K)

It isn't increasing or decreasing the total energy of the system, but it does most certainly effect how much energy the projectile dumps into the target before exiting, as well as how that energy is dissipated.

>it doesn't increase the energy
>but it increases the energy
Wakandan space magic doesn't heed the laws of physics, my brutha

Attached: 9848474676.jpg (332x775, 257K)

This is the part where you feign merely pretending to be retarded to save face? Okay.

Oof I would of kept that. XDM-40 goes for like $550 you got a used glock 17 gen 3 that normally sells for $400.

Are genuinely retarded its NOT adding more energy,but there is more blunt force being felt cause of the wider surface.

So I'm guessing you failed high school physics then? Sure, it might affect the wound channel and its penetration, but you literally can't change the energy it expresses by just changing the shape of it. F=ma, not F=(ma+bullet shape). Please please learn some basic fucking physics because you call people retarded for understanding them.

Attached: 198198719781.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

Most of Jow Forums is noguns and just mindlessly repeats whatever they heard on YouTube. Ironically most Youtubers aren't that experiences with .40 either. Remember that IraqVeteran video he did on .40 and trashed it while admitting he didn't own a single gun in .40? So you have a gun store owner who literally doesn't own or fire .40 saying it's bad, then you have people like LuckyGunner, an ammo salesman and shill for ammo companies telling people caliber doesn't matter. So word spread around and suddenly everyone "knows" .40 sucks even though nobody has even fired it.

>would of
Nigger-tier english aside, I sold the XDm for $600 with some accessories I had for it, and I bought the G17 NIB for $450. Not a perfect trade on my part, but worlds better than the fucking cancer that is the XD line.

Only newfags and short-sighted min/max'ers do not remember the happening in 2013. You do yourself a disservice by not having at least one firearm in .40 s&w.

Attached: HK USP 40.jpg (3064x2734, 2.05M)

Attached: spherical_cow_by_mawscm-d5s1gyo.png (1024x576, 337K)

I've seen that video also.
Paul Harrell made a excellent video.9mm vs. .40s&w it was the best concrete video in the end it was a tie and it was up to you to decide,but he did show the .40 having more power through his tests.

First of all, those are weaker than 50AE. Second, those are rimmed cartridges which suck dick in autoloaders.

Should we tell the 9mm fags?
I kind of feel bad for them.

Attached: 480700c37eb143b26d539f4e9579b890.jpg (960x654, 70K)

> the pixels
> the watermark
> the fuddlore
> the unspecified testing medium
i love this image for so many reasons.
all it needs is a caption

This classic says it all.
9mm is weak.

Attached: 7141a2dcc2e52f807fff6c93ab5fcc69.jpg (564x538, 49K)

Another fun 40 fact is that the flat meplat of a .40 FMJ will cause waaaay more destruction than the round meplat of a 9mm. 40 literally outperforms 9mm in any meaningful way in terminal ballistics. 9mm has the advantage in capacity and followup shots.

Attached: 1566850595598.jpg (960x654, 69K)

.357 sig users confirmed the straightest

What more proof do 9mm queers need.
I carry a glock 19 gen 4 but even I can admit .40 is better than 9mm

needs an Ifunny watermark to be perfect

Attached: temp.jpg (1116x944, 198K)

>implying .45 could ever penetrate enough to leave an exit wound
It's not 1945 anymore, Eustace.

Attached: 4xtwyFheGHSAfjcm97OTcsDgFnPBEPDOfBE_ss2fS_U.jpg (729x767, 96K)

.357 Sig is best caliber.I just wish it was cheaper.

is that mark twain

ok, your dubs says you're right, but the second best caliber is 327ACP

Well hollowpoints expand and stay in the target — expending all their energy — versus an FMJ that goes through a target. The FMJ goes through the target because it still has enough energy to push it out the other side, so that's energy that isn't being delivered to the target. So the hollowpoint dumps all it's energy into the target, and the FMJ doesn't since it retains enough to pass through.

The difference between the two being basically the shape of the bullet.

They're carrying the same energy, like you're saying, but they expend the energy in the target differently. A flat nosed bullet would have more drag than a round nosed bullet, so it would waste/use/expel more energy moving in the target. Of course, if whatever you're shooting is thicc enough that both an FMJ and hollowpoint stay in the target without overpenetrating, then they'll both expend 100% of their energy in the target. The shape of the bullets would affect how and where along the bullet's travel the energy would be delivered.

WTF IS 327 ACP

>I carry a glock 19 but .40 is better
>mfw

Attached: 1562599823013.png (409x346, 78K)

Best explanation possible but someone will still argue this.

the best handgun bullet
> more energy than 45
> more in the mag than 9mm
> shoots flatter than loli chest

Holy shit finally someone who actually gets what I'm saying and doesn't think flat boolet = more hit.
You are 100% correct, and all of that is exactly why you should carry HP rounds for self defense.
Indeed it is my man, rocking a 1903 pocket hammerless. A true gentleman's weapon.

Attached: 19814987197.png (1425x1655, 2.72M)

Turns out you're wrong desu, user

Is that even a .45 lol?

Of those three rounds the only one worth a damn is 357 sig

I was incredibly wrong it seems lol
Nah it's just a dope picture cuz this thread needed more cool gun pics to balance out the queers fighting.

Th-thanks you too. Seems like everybody was on the same page but just misunderstanding each other.

So we all come to a consensus, then?

Fuck .40 cal, its a cucked round?

still better than .45

Hmm... not sure if trolling or being serious... either way, they both suck. 9mm is king 4 sure

unless we consider it to be an improved 45
obvs worse than 9 for capacity, but it's almost the same diameter as 45 anyway.
>get a few more rounds
>get higher pressure
> better velocity

>Do you think the shape of a bullet affects the amount of energy it can deliver?
Btw, even though it obviously does, the flat nose actually makes the projectile more stable, since it is less prone to tumble. You'll get greater penetration, all things equal. Where it gets interesting is how less conventional projectile designs are using the mechanical energy to direct wounding by better controlling the displacement of body matter.

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 105K)

What a hipster
>9mm isn't worth a damn tell you hwat

>muh .45 is best

Attached: 1566231256692.jpg (1000x776, 103K)

>.40
LOL

Attached: 357meme.jpg (1600x900, 658K)

FPBP

Perfection,finally.

Man I saw one of those for $350 at a pawn shop it was gone within a week.

>mfw looking at all these posts
Seriously just buy a glock and convert to 9×25 Dillon or .357 Sig and laugh at the rest of the retards

Attached: Capture+_2019-08-26-16-45-04.png (1001x569, 533K)

It's expensive to shoot, but I can afford it. I'll admit it's not my 24/7 carry but I have and do carry it. I wouldn't call the recoil impulse so much "snappy" as I would, it feels really fast. The shot cracks off and it slams shut right back on target. It's actually pretty fucking cool. And that gen 3 tenifer slide finish is incredible, carbon and shit just wipes right off.

>gen 3 tenifer slide finish is incredible
That's the sole reason I buy only gen 3 Glocks that frying pan finish was perfect but ruined it on the gen 4's but came back with the glossy nitride finish on the gen 5.

>gen 3 Glocks that frying pan finis
Exactly, like a high quality professional Scanpan or All-Clad non-stick skillet finish. You could cook bacon and eggs on the thing

or throw the glock away and get something actually decent

FTE - failure to eject
FTF - failure to fire
>FFS
Is this some sort of failure exclusive to shitty calibers?

serious, .40 even has slightly more energy and makes slightly larger wound channels depsite being a smaller round. .45 operates at lower pressures, which is why you get similar energy in a larger package

I agree. however I also think .45acp is dead.

9mm is good for carry and capacity, 10mm is good for animal protection.

>too old to be modern 9mm
9mm para has been around since like 1902 you idiot. it's older than .45 acp

>stouter recoil

But not more energy? Imagine believing memes so much that you abandon Newtonian laws.

momentum =/= energy, so that is possible if one is lighter and faster than the other. But bullet weight isn't intrinsic to a caliber and both are available in a pretty wide range of bullet weights. Also yeah, .40 does get you (slightly) more energy than 9mm.