Boot Camp/Basic Training

Any tips how to survive Basic (Bundeswehr)?
Other countries are also appreciated.

Attached: boot camp.jpg (1800x1200, 597K)

You must touch the cats butthole.

Survive? It's basic training in a developed European nation. You show up.

I feel like “don’t bring the instructor’s attention to you” is good advice for basic training regardless of country.

jede Muschi schafft AGA, bei mir im Zug waren 1,60 große Mädchen die das gepackt haben
kauf dir ne rote Stirnlampe fürs Biwak

Best advice anyone will give you. Keep your head down and don’t quit. BCT is brain dead the worst part is your buddies will fuck you but that’s part of it. It’s only 12 weeks go in there with the mentality that no one is better than you and you’ll exceed the standard.
t. US Army. Went through in ‘12 so maybe my experience is outdated

Breddy much, just turn up, do your best and don't fuck up. But most importantly, don't hang around other fuck-ups

You're either strong enough mentally to do it or your not. Focus on the task at hand, rest when you can, and don't think too much - think only about the task.

hat recht. Wenn du 10km laufen kannst gehörst du warscheinlich schon zur besten hälfte deines Zugs. Lern schon mal die Dienstgrade und mach dein Bett anständig und deine Stiefel sauber, auch die Sohle. Stell keine dummen Fragen, wer fragt kriegt ein Nein. Es gibt weder einen Schlüssel zum Verfügungsraum, noch Knackpatronen für die Ratsche.

1) do what you're told
2) when you're supposed to do it
3) be where you're supposed to be
4) when you're supposed to be there
5) be in the right clothing for the task at hand
Btw, those rules never stop applying throughout your Militärdienst, or for the rest of your adult life frankly.

Instructors will have a full and developed understanding of who is performing well in particular areas and who is lagging behind. There's a great deal of after hours discussion done between the staff.

Timeliness. I rarely got angry as an instructor (regardless of what I was working with) other than when people were late. It doesn't matter if I'm doing an astro-nav activity for SNCOs, or taking recruits out for a 8 miler, if you can't be bothered to get there within the timings then I may as well go home.

After that, just show you're keen. Yes, you are going to be shown things over and over. You will be shown things you already know how to do. Others do not know how to do these things. If you're stood about yawning or staring at your feet then it doesn't come across well. I couldn't care less if your bedblock is smarter than someone else's if he shows up wanting to learn and you show up thinking you know it all. I'm not saying you would, but try and avoid going in with that attitude.

At your end, make sure you're cardio is top. I have never before had to do an overarm pullup, situp, box squat or pushup to complete a military task. I have, however, had to completely bust my lungs on hundreds of occasions. You'll need to put effort into the bodyweight exercises, of course, but if you can't do X amount of pushups in the gym it is a lot less concerning for the staff than if you can't keep up on a run.

Best advice i ever got was to take it one meal at a time. Your meals will usually be scheduled pretty regularly unless youre in the field, and when shit gets rough or boring or awful, just think 'just gotta make it to lunch' or 'just gotta make it to bed', whichever meal/landmark for time is closest. Any time keeping landmark will do, meals are just usually the most consistent and you look forward to them and bed the most.
Then before you know it its over

>(Bundeswehr)
bring your own boots

Attached: lmao.png (1176x786, 561K)

Just remember it's all pointless because your faggot country will never see another war.

Start stretching your bladder now.

This.

and 6.) Don't step on your dick

Actually, that would be worth looking into. I understand current(?) Bundeswehr boot models have some issues.

Most Officers dont allow private boots in basic training.

The first few days there is nothing you will do right and its on purpose. They might give you one minute to change into your uniform from PTs and if you dont lock your stuff its gonna get fucked up. And you wont make the hit time so they'll smoke you. It sucks but you'll live.

Attached: Screenshot_20190828-151725_Chrome.jpg (1080x1220, 541K)

Just accept it is going be bad and keep your head down 90% is just learning to endure garbage

>Bundeswehr
Take good care of the brooms. I hear they have a dual purpose

Make sure to bring a copy of the Quran

Had a 34 year old German guy in my basic training platoon. He was in the Bundeswehr like ten years before that and said that Bundeswehr basic wasnt shit compared to the US Armys.

1. Don't be the guy that complains. People will notice and will get annoyed with you instantly.
2. Always keep baby-wipes and coconut oil in your private bags (if allowed). It makes cleaning camo paint off of your face a quick and easy process.
3. Don't question what you're told, just do it. In the first 3-4 weeks it's going to suck. That's on purpose. Just go with it.
4. BE. ON. TIME. If you have a digital watch, set it at least 2 minutes in advance of the actual time so you're always ahead. (Do make sure that the time you set it after is your CO's watch and not the garrison clock.)
5. Maintain both your locker and your gear regularly. Make it a habit to do it every night before you go to bed.
6. Hit the town with your roommates whenever possible. Going out in bootcamp the most fun you'll ever have going out. Surviving the day after hungover is harder than any field exercise will ever be.
7. Eternal cardio. The longer you can run in 12 minutes the better. Our minimum requirement is 2200 meters in 12 minutes. Try to aim for 2.7-3.0.
8. Quit smokes or whatever vice you have. Being in the field and having to go cold turkey fucking sucks.
9. Save the anti-bacterial wetwipes you get in your field rations. Trust me.
10. Always keep a pen and notepad on you at all times.
11. NEVER. FALL. ASLEEP. EVER. You will get fucked up beyond belief for it. Especially if you're in the middle of class or on guard duty.
12. Always ask for more time if possible and you're aware that your platoon won't make it on time. Self-insight is a very looked up upon ability to possess.
13. Find a way to cope with discomfort, annoyance and being tired that doesn't involve bitching or bringing the mood down. There are going to be moments where you'll want to quit, just remember that everyone else most likely feels the same at that point. Bitching does nothing but bring everyone else down with you.

This is just the stuff I could remember that stood out the most to me from my time.

Attached: ss+(2018-10-15+at+09.10.33).jpg (290x318, 46K)

I was the guy that complained. I felt I was just venting. One day a sgt got me started while we were on a field exercise and I went on and on until I suddenly realized how big an ass I looked to everybody else. I shut up and have tried to continue with that ever since. A lesson for life.

Yeah, same here. Got told of it upon first grading and tried my hardest to avoid doing it again. Actually ended up being credited as one of the people who developed for the better.