What naming convention should America use for armed starships in service to the Space Force? I don't mean X-37B...

What naming convention should America use for armed starships in service to the Space Force? I don't mean X-37B, I mean Starship sized starships manned by a crew and armed to the gills. Something that large is going to be named individually like the Shuttles were.

>Independence, Constitution, America, President, Enterprise, Essex, Saratoga, Lexington, Rocinante, Challenger, Columbia, and Washington

Attached: 14630d328516dd94eef6e8d5cc8ac2275a2eb9419c1f4631cc1af6adf7c84ce1.jpg (1169x1200, 264K)

Starbucks, Verizon, Red Bull, Apple, Space X, etc. Planets will named after corporations too. Literal Disney World and Wally World.

It's more likely that Disney would have their own space navy than the US would name ships after Disney characters, and neither is very likely at all. OTOH, armed Starships are almost a certainty if Musk can pull the development off. So the naming of USSF Starships is very relevant in the next 10 years.

Name them after astronauts.

>Spacefuck 9
>Shuttle Shocker
>Asteroid Assblaster
>Space Dragon
>Cyber-Nimitz
>Space Iowa
>Fuck Off Space Niggers We're Full
>Spaceshippy Mcspaceship
>Pennitent Yeet
>Unending Immolation
>USSS Amendment II

Just name them after state capitols. Or is that already a thing?

>Planets will named after corporations
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Pic related.

Attached: helghast.jpg (1332x850, 321K)

Independence, constitution, witchever state, horizon, apollo, grizzly, seal, Eagle, dominator, iris, trump, hawk, Iron Duke, mother or something really boring.
I would prefer names like Heimdal, midas, oreon, system scout, comet, Argonaut, or something mythological. But whatever. Probably gonna be things like USS new York or USS Armstrong.

If there isn't a successive line of Enterprises there's no point in having space ships.

>Fuck Off Space Niggers We're Full
>Unending Immolation
>Pennitent Yeet
>Asteroid Assblaster

Attached: 5dd0365182be296543e8ae0befdade8c-png.jpg (204x180, 14K)

>space Iowa
I know where you’ve been hanging around

Killzone reference. Niiice!

It seems navies are slightly unsure of who gets what names in modern naval design. Battleships got state names. Boomers got state names for a while, but now fast attack subs get state names. Cruisers generally got city names but the Burke is cruiser-sized and cruiser-powerful but follows destroyer naming convention. The Navy didn't really know what to call the Alaska class at the time so they ended up with territory names. Early carriers got battlecruiser names (revolutionary war battles, general patriotic americana) but then got whatever name they felt like for a while until settling on presidents. What the fuck do you call a starship? My entire logic here is that "nothing else is using battlecruiser/early carrier names and we've got to name one Enterprise anyways". Columbia and Challenger were the shuttles that exploded and would also make decent names. Rocinante appears in enough sci-fi to make it worth canonizing.

You could probably name some after the geographic regions of the United States then.
>Appalachia
>Rockies
>Great Plains
Maybe some after the names of mountains and stuff too. USS McKinley has a certain ring to it.
Seems fitting since that's really all you could make out beyond orbit. If we count stuff visible from orbit then China will almost certainly name one of theirs the Great Wall, with implessive quantum technorogy sure to defeat the west

We better have at least 1 Executor, 1 Millenium Falcon, 1 Enterprise, and 1 Tantive IV

Oh and 1 Galactica

In Mass Effect iirc the big ships were named after mountains, like Kilimanjaro, McKinley, Atlas, Everest.

Natural features of America could be great:
Yellowstone
Ozark
Old Faithful
Everglades
Grand Canyon
Death Valley
Black Rock
Erie/Superior etc
Gunpowder (river)
Ohio/Mississippi (rivers)
Klamath
Ranier

Rocinante?!

Fuck. Thought I had an original idea.

Death Valley sounds like a great ship to mount lasers on. Or plasma.

Well, depends entirely on what they're classed as.

>>Carriers? Start recycling names of carriers no longer in service such as Langley, Ranger, Wasp, Hornet, Yorktown, Saratoga, Lexington, etc

>>Battleships? States

>>Cruisers? Cities

>>Destroyers/Frigates? Famed/Heroic/Important Navy people

>>Something all together new? Battles (like newer WWII carriers were). Midway, Gettysburg, Bastogne, Normandy, Belleau Wood, Khe Sahn, 73 Easting, Your Mom's Ass, Bunker Hill, Guadalcanal, Inchon, Chosin...

I always liked the Covenant how they named their craft, naming shit after dead people or places is so simple it doesn't capture the majesty of a freaking star craft. Even UNSC had good ship names, one of the ships which fired multiple mag cannon rounds in order to wreck covie shields was called UNSC Two For Flinching. There were also UNSC Bum Rush, UNSC Say My Name and UNSC Do You Feel Lucky? It sounds like they just let online audiences name them but it's still better than "Yellowstone" or "Bush Senior".

Others:
>A Psalm Every Day
>Tenebrous
>Elegy's Lament
>Proclamation's Tithe
>Pious Inquisitor
>Breath of Annihilation
>Eternal Reward
>Blight of the Profane
>Infinite Spoils
>Long Night of Solace
>Truth and Reconciliation
>Unyielding Hierophant
>Minor Transgression
>Infinite Succor
>In Amber Clad
>Triumphant Declaration
>Indulgence of Conviction
>Forward Unto Dawn
>Pillar of Autumn
>Sublime Transcendence
>High Charity
>Shadow of Intent
>Clarity of Faith

Ana Foxx, Brittney White

>Crazy Horse's Revenge
>Washington's Fist
>Liberty Hammer
>USSS Vader
>USSS WE GOT BUGS
>Jackson's Regards
>Custer's Revenge (imagine...fighting aliens on that ship...)
>Screaming Eagle

And of course...

>USSS Trump aka "Yuh Fired"

A SpaceX Starship with modified Standard missiles and a Phalanx bolted to the side.

In a sci fi ttrpg i ran there was a similar thing
>dreadnoughts/battleships were named after Empires, their personification etc (Columbia, Britannia)
>carriers were named after significant documents or human leaders (Constitution, Declaration of the Rights of Man, Magna Carta, Washington)
>cruisers were generally named after planetary political figures, unless they are medical (named for medical figures), troop transports (named for famous battles), or deep scout ships (named for explorers)
>destroyers named for generals or notable military leaders (Patton, Montgomery)
>frigates named for natural water features (Erie, Pacific, Euphrates)
>corvettes named for i think cities and smaller countries (Armstrong, on the moon)
>shield ships (special ships that project large but weak force fields) named for artists (Rafael, Mozart)
>fighter convention named after bugs (F-99 hornet, F-100 wasp, F-105 dragonfly)
>cant remember bombers

There were others but idk. It was predictable but functional. Generally if your ship had an Earth feature on it, it was percieved as carrying more prestige just due to dick suck reasons

Something in Spanish... since by then, the US will be nothing more than part of Mexico.

If you think space carries are going to be a thing you should be automatically disqualified from having an opinion on anything.

>USSS La Verga

But we all know if that was the case, Mexicans can't into space. We'd have nuclear catapults instead.

Name them after fighter pilots, I want to see the USS Dick Bong glassing alien planets.

>implying we’ll ever colonize space
>implying the third world hordes know how to colonize space or even care to
>implying the Jews don’t ultimately win against white people and destroy civilization slowly in an act of pure spite

You just watch Fight Club, zoomer?