What do you guys think of Ace Combat 7?

I fucking love Fighter Jets and was thinking about buying Ace Combat 7, what does Jow Forums think of the game?

Attached: 99b17944-7108-47a3-8d65-b8a53a2835c4..jpg (1800x1200, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7130354
youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k
youtube.com/watch?v=XGJa5fkOWB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love the ace combat series but don't go into it thinking it's realistic in anyway. It's an arcadey and simple, but fun game.
It's like a mech anime's plot and writing, but with planes and giant railguns and the like instead.

By normal standards, it's a 9/10. If you compare it to the PS2 games, it's a 6/10. Definitely worth picking up but don't expect it to be as good as 4,5, and Zero

Attached: lockmartconcept.jpg (512x386, 45K)

To be honest I've never played an Ace Combat game before.

I know, I've been thinking about getting DCS but can't justify the cost right now.

If you're looking for something to scratch your jet itch, consider getting Strike Fighters 2. It's a bit old but hey, it works, and it's piss-easy to pirate.

drop a torrent bro

Zero: 10/10
5: 9.8/10
4: 9/10
7: 8/10
6: Never Played
Assault Horizon: hahahahaha why

7 felt like a nostalgia cash in for 4/5, plot was ok, could have had better storyline, but the graphics are amazing.

SPOILERS BELOW:
Belka, being revealed as the big baddie, didn't give as much as an impact as I would have liked. Seemed like a half ass attempt to move the plot away from the Erusians. The split between the radicals and conservatives made no sense either, as they were using drones from the getgo anyway. You can't just start using them, kill one pilot, and cause such a radical shift like that. Gave it an extra bump because of the vertical tunnel flying section which was a giant wtf moment when it happened.

I thoroughly enjoyed it

Attached: D-sG2rjU4AARMuA.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

Seems interesting, will look into it.
Thanks!

You could've looked it up yourself, but here you go. Has everything you'll ever need.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7130354
I don't remember where I downloaded the game (it's been some time), but the link should be fine.

No worries, it's a fun game.

Attached: shooting for the stars.jpg (569x800, 171K)

kind of weak in terms of story compared to the PS2 games.
But it's good to have some sequel storyline to 5 and maybe a bridging into AC3. Maybe they'll do AC3 again but this time the US doesn't get butchered version because anime

I liked Zero's documentary interview cutscenes, but 4 had the better plotline.

7 feels like a 3 page 3 person group writing project where each person wrote 1 page and cobbled them all together the night before it was due, but the gameplay and soundtrack is fantastic

That being said Zero is still the best single track
youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k

Attached: 1563563038156.jpg (444x501, 26K)

It didn't reel me in like I hoped it would.

I still haven't finished it. It's just been sitting there not getting played. Idk. Maybe it was too easy but I got kinda bored with it.

This, 4 killed it in the story.

Attached: gf6E5XZ.jpg (1589x1090, 384K)

;_;

Attached: Yellow_13_before_mission.png (1360x768, 988K)

>The split between the radicals and conservatives made no sense either, as they were using drones from the getgo anyway.
The radicals, in the form of the "young Erusean officers" had taken the ear of the Erusean king and convinced him to pour large amounts of funds into unmanned aircraft, and take back former Erusean territory lost in the previous war with quick, covert decapitation strikes on Osean and IUN military facilities. The conservative faction, being made up of fighter pilots, opposed this from the start, but were overruled.

Once the war turned back to the Oseans favor, the conservatives started to pick at the radicals. The loss of Farbanti, and the subsequent cascading Kessler syndrome caused by both sides using ASAT weapons to take out each others communications and GPS satellites meant the conservatives finally had the opportunity to wrest back control from the radicals during the chaos of communications breakdown.

Attached: retro trigger mirage ac7.jpg (1321x991, 656K)

The Raven is pretty sexy.

Attached: Red Raven AC7.png (1920x1080, 3.57M)

on PS4 the top players rely on using mice with DPI for precision railgun shots, or auto-aim which makes them stick to you like a magnet. its turned away a majority of the players.

Great apart from the story being a bit muddled and parts being a thing. Seriously fuck that.

Also aces being there solely to unlock skins. Bring back named aces as a proper part of the campaign, it added a ton of character to it.

it's pretty kino

but yeah, play AC4, 5, and Zero just because they're some of the greatest flight games ever made

Attached: jet bullets can melt steel beams.webm (1024x576, 2.92M)

? mouse just emulates a joystick on ps4, how would it make them better?

don't forget her loli drone sons

Attached: raven and sons.webm (1280x720, 1.2M)

Other than this track, the games music didn't really leave an impression on me. 4 on the other hand had multiple tracks that I can easily remember and love.

the mice they use has a button to slow sensitivity of the mouse, making it easy to aim EMLs, incredibly easy, the auto-aim im not sure about.

>loli
>sons
the word you're looking is shota

There's this one fucking chink who figured out how to crack the encryption on the game files, which would allow for real gameplay mods. But the fucking chink doesn't tell anyone how to do it. All he has done is made a mod that changes the damage of the TLS. It's infuriating how daft this guy is. So many mods could be made if he'd just share his method.

It's a fucking arcade game for children, and you knew that when you made this thread

> fucking arcade game
Well yes
> for children
Decidedly not.

>spoonfed the lazy retard
Should've told him to fuck off instead.

Fun arcade like gameplay well adapted to controller use.

Stories are overly dramatic and cause head to wall applications

Nah just weeaboo teens with no sense of plot.

5 was the worst.

>> for children
>Decidedly not.

>tie a rubberband around the thumbstick
>walk away
>come back an hour later and your plane is still flying infinitely around in circles

Yep, it's for kids.

unrealistic enough to have fun but realistic enough to feel like it could be real. its like CoD but with jets and a bit of anime mixed in.

This. Video game manchildren should fuck off to /v/.

>realistic enough to feel like it could be real.

How? You can't just type something like that and walk away, how the fuck is ace combat in any way realistic? Explain yourself, give one fucking example of this 'realism', I dare you, I double dare you, mother fucker

the airplane models and animations

Get Arma 3 and use the free mods. It's more realistic than ace combat

Ace combat 3 is best

ARMA3 flight model controls like dried dog turd

Attached: DCS F14 gunkill.webm (1200x512, 2.91M)

it's fun if you're not an autist who demands realism in a game

It runs hot on your CPU, but it's a great game

Attached: Airborne-laser.jpg (1920x912, 129K)

"dance with the angels" was cringe worth it
Zero and 5 were pretty cool.

>Imagine trying this hard

The flight ceiling for Arma 3 is too low. I'm just starting to climb to 50,000 and the next thing I know I glitched out of the plane.

>come back an hour later and your plane is still flying infinitely around in circles
Yep, never played it. You've got a half hour at most to finish the mission and if you spend all game dodging you'll never get the best scores and all the unlocks.

>imagine refusing to admit an arcade game for children is an arcade game for children

>what does Jow Forums think of the game?

I don’t play much vidya anymore but it was my favorite game this year. The OST is fantastic and I listen to it more than I should.
>pic related

Attached: EC2437ED-2353-4D43-BEFD-FEEB87B6FBE1.jpg (2048x1660, 1.06M)

Nice shirt.

Attached: ECSu_sfWkAYkmol.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

thx m8

It was pretty fun. Ace Combat 5 will always resonate the most with me though.

Attached: Thiccc Rosa.png (1536x2048, 2.47M)

what the fuck
why would you do this

and aircraft are always referred to as female anyways, so loli daughters is a better fit.

Attached: AC7 Raven UAV wingmen.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

youtube.com/watch?v=XGJa5fkOWB4
DLC 4 trailer baybee

Attached: aa6wz2dwaej31.png (1360x768, 217K)

Damn I dig the presentation of these games.

ACZ is one of the most kino games ever just because of it's Ken Burns documentary-style presentation. And I'm surprised no other game has done it in a similar style

Attached: 1567101619272.jpg (1280x1024, 325K)

Best OST

Attached: 1565859619832.jpg (874x743, 56K)

Keep it up, still not fitting in

Basically just CoD:MW2 in a jet. Nothing fucking matters and it's just "RAMIREZ SECURE THE SPACE ELEVATOR. RAMIREZ SECURE FARBANTI. RAMIREZ SECURE THE SPACE ELEVATOR AGAIN."

I was quite literally waiting for the story to start for the entire game, and when it was over I was pissed. The only thing in the game's favor is that the game wasn't as bad as AH. That's it.

I don't understand how a studio can go from making a game that the entire fanbase considers flawless, and then removing everything that fun from the franchise in just three titles.

AC 7 (Titled Ace Combat 6) removed the entire fanbase by leaving sony (fuck sony anyways), so no one played it.
AC 8 (Titled Assault Horizon) removed flying your own aircraft because """dogfight mode""" stole the flight controls from the player.
AC 9 (Titled Ace Combat 7 [???]) Removed any choices the player could make, shoehorned you into being a lobotomized zog bot who just mindlessly shot at "the bad guys", and most reprehensibly, removed all the dramatic introductions and long shots of enemy (and allied) squadrons entering your airspace. What was once a vibrant world rich in back story was turned into a pale, shallow matte painting that served no purpose. Osea muh good boys didin do nuffin gets really fucking old for three games in a row. Hell even fucking Battlefield 3 had more depth by having you see things from the "enemy" russian narrative; and having you fight against your own people for the greater good. In AC Zero you could make choices on how you behaved, and that reflected on the world around you. In AC 7 ramirez just secured the burgertown space elevator. Roll credits.

I've played the digital copy of AC 5 probably 4 times start to finish this past summer. I played AC 7 once and then shelved it. I'm never touching it again, unless I need to throw shit out to make shelf space for other things.

Attached: 76F0A1F6-5DFE-4D35-A823-098A642A2238.jpg (545x513, 21K)

That's nostalgia talking. Assault Horizon was the only terrible one with AC6 being decent if flawed and AC7 being linear but very well done.

>Osea muh good boys didin

You weren't paying attention

>removed all the dramatic introductions and long shots of enemy (and allied) squadrons entering your airspace

You definitely didn't pay attention

>you fight against your own people for the greater good

Okay, did you even play the game or did you just mute the game and chase the targets?

Test

I havent played since ps2 I feel like crying

Before I jump into QTDDTOT. Do two tone guns have the same durability coating wise as a stock gun?

Also anyone else wish we stayed in Spare squad? Seeing the Spares go from a gaggle of ragtags to an effective squadron was a missed opportunity. Seeing them get in formation in faceless soldier was kino.

You deliberately misunderstood his points in a manner so complete I’m actually baffled.

3/10 reading comprehension.

Please educate me.
Post for us a sequence where a unique enemy squad rolls in with a special unit patch emblazoned across the screen. I'll wait.
Post for us a level where you can choose to shoot down other penal colony planes. I'll wait.
Post for us a level where any player choice affects the outcome in a way that isn't a linear story progression. I'll wait.
Why don't you go back to call of duty. Clearly that's your style of game.

>that's nostalgia talking
Do you need to borrow a fucking dictionary you retarded faggot? I wasn't recalling the distant past, I literally said in my post I replayed the digital bonus copy of AC 5 all summer long.

>Before I jump into QTDDTOT. Do two tone guns have the same durability coating wise as a stock gun?

Depends on the finish. A crappy parkerized slide may face corrosion issues wheras a Robar NP3 coating would tell any salt water or sweat to fuck off. The silver slide Glocks seem to have durable finishes, I've only carried my G48 for about three months.

Trigger should have stayed in Spare squadron, I didn't like how it was for only 1/3 of the game.

>not fitting in

What the fuck does that even mean? Are ace combat fags so delusional that they refuse to admit they play an arcade game for children, and instead of growing up they want everyone else around them to bend to their level to tell them it's ok to be a manchild?

AC7 has more engaging gameplay than the PS2 games. The addition of post stall mechanics, wind shear, 3D clouds with gameplay modifiers, lightning strikes are all great and I'd take them any day of the week over "choose face of the coin to not play a garbage mission". AC5 in particular is just a slog to play through, what with the constant interruptions to gameplay through the binary dialogue options, the wingmen who never ever shut the fuck up about how war is bad while they bukkake thousands of Yuke sailors and soldiers with bombs and missiles, and some of the more obnoxious missions in the franchise.
Oh boy, can't wait to slowly fly behind Pops for 10 minutes while doing the occasional shallow bank and having your team mates go all SUGOI BLAZE-SAN SO KAKKOI ^_^
granted, AC7 has some of that but its much less in your face and the voice acting and script is leagues better.

I'll agree with you that the antagonists in 7 were pretty lame. Just some boomer and his reactionary monarchist twink buttbuddies.
Spare squadron had the best background chatter.

if a chink can do it, you can do it. it isn't hard to crack the encryption on game drm, just tedious.

Or play AERO ELITE COMBAT ACADEMY on the ps2 and its basically aerowings 3 too bad finding good content on those games are impossible

MY FUCKING SIDES

wew, still not there tho

>Post for us a sequence where a unique enemy squad rolls in

Battle of Farbanti
Although I'm curious why you care about this considering how little time was given to characterization in 5.

>Post for us a level where you can choose to shoot down other penal colony plane
...Why?

>Post for us a level where any player choice affects the outcome in a way that isn't a linear story progression.

Oh bullshit, it's all linear. Th only difference is that 5 and 0 hide it better. However, nothing you do has any effect on the ending. In 0 you always end up facing Pixy in order to stop V2. In 5 you always shoot down SOLG. The branching paths mean nothing besides missing content you have to go back for.

>Do you need to borrow a fucking dictionary you retarded faggot? I wasn't recalling the distant past, I literally said in my post I replayed the digital bonus copy of AC 5 all summer long.

Frankly, I don't think you played 7 at all. It's rather obvious that you watched a Let's Play and skipped through most of it.
I'm calling bullshit on you playing AC5 as well.

>I Must Grow Up
>Doesn't actually understand what growing up means.

>Spare squadron had the best background chatter.

Spare squadron was funny but I still didn't care when they died.

Well, except Tabloid. He deserved better.

>Doesn't actually understand what growing up means.

I bet it starts with not playing an arcade game for children,

Never go to the movies again. Never play a board game again. Never participate in any sport again.

At least it's in Strangereal. The real world settings fucking blew.

Chess, rated R movies and hand to hand combat sports are for kids?

Chess and martial arts can definitely be for kids.
What is it with autistic neckbeards who cannot think of things that exist outside of some arbitrary, binary division? There are things that both kids and adults can enjoy and do.

well yea

>by leaving sony
Microsoft payed team aces for an exclusive AC, just like how Sony payed team aces for all the other exclusives

>Post for us a sequence where a unique enemy squad rolls in with a special unit patch emblazoned across the screen. I'll wait.
the Strigon Team in AC6

>Post for us a level where you can choose to shoot down other penal colony planes. I'll wait.
Did you forget the Aigion fight?

As kids grow to be slightly older kids they generally want to see themselves as basically adults and start obsessing about whether things are childish or not. If they are judged to be so then they obviously can't like them any more, since that's for kids and they are most definitely not kids at all any more (you know, at the almost geriatric age of twelve or some such).
Then you turn into an actual adult and stop giving a shit about such divisions.

Aren't ps2s basically antiques now?

So is it too strange for some games to be made for Kids and Adults? Is it too strange that something you found fun as a kid is still fun as an adult?

Test

Attached: Stonehenge Turret Network.jpg (1500x600, 223K)

meanwhile on strangereal Jow Forums
>circlejerking and counterjerking about osea
>screeching about belkans
>yuke vatniks shitting up ever other thread

boy I am glad to live in the great state of osea, where privately owned AT rifles are used to fight terrorists, unlike those candyasses in emmeria