CAMO/MILITARIA THRAED

Post you're are camo, recent flea market finds etc.

Attached: 50 Shades of M62.jpg (2000x1500, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Grey-BDU-Pants-Military-Fatigues/41167098
ebay.com/itm/1950s-Belgian-Army-Para-Trooper-Congo-Jacket-Smock-Denison-Cut-Vintage-Surplus/162860207421
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Czechoslovakia-Czech-Salamander-Camo-Military-Parka-Jacket-60s-Vietnam/333207321221
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183897426709
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/97th_Infantry_Division_(United_States)#Cold_War_to_present
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some fresh cops.
Never thought I'd find a pristine 1930s Finnish jacket at a lowly thrift store.

Attached: 290819.jpg (1801x2000, 2.69M)

Nice Norwegian M98 too.

Picked up several M65s at the flea market last weekend. All but one them I know for sure are genuine, anywhere from the 70s-80s. For an extra few bucks I picked this one up in the same lot. The boomer at the flea market mentioned that some passing guy said "Oh yeah, that's like a 50s British variant of the M65." Now obviously there are several things contradictory in that statement... but I figured for an extra $5 whatever. The construction quality and weight of it is very similar to a genuine issue jacket, but the thread is a different color and there are zero tags on the garment whatsoever. Thoughts? Is this a commercial copy or some weird Chineseum?

Attached: MysteryM65-1.jpg (1164x1743, 273K)

Attached: MysteryM65-2.jpg (4656x2328, 1.22M)

Both of the zippers on the jacket have "SPEED" written on them.

Attached: MysteryM65-3.jpg (4656x2328, 2.48M)

I do love the Norwegian M75.
Shame that the pockets tend to rip thanks to age and exposure to elements.

Attached: Norwegian M75.jpg (1764x2496, 553K)

Did they ever make a camo like pic related? If so what’s it called? My friend here disappears in the bush almost immediately. I asked my her where she got it but she claims not to remember.

Attached: 5408E81A-685F-42EA-B726-49A19EE9D22C.jpg (1536x3658, 1.45M)

Just got this in today.

That's a snazzy coat, I like the cuffs.
Reinforced elbows seems unusual for that era.
Also nice Butan.

Never seen that before. Strikes me as commercial.
What's the weird button collar-liner thing on it? Does it have any apparent purpose?

Attached: ROK Army Desert Field Jacket (Sgt. Hwang) (2006).jpg (1559x1728, 957K)

Anyone know where I can find a decent M81 RAID top in L/R without getting raped? Sorry for the normie post, here is a Kazakh uniform I have.

Attached: Kazakh.jpg (1080x810, 179K)

I have not heard of the pockets being a problem before. Do you have any more info on this? Not that I am shocked; some of them saw 30 years of service before getting into civilian hands.

Its simple, you need to skin your cat.

>What's the weird button collar-liner thing on it? >Does it have any apparent purpose?
That's what I've been trying to figure out. I've only ever seen those sort of things on the reverse side of button up shirt collars to stiffen up weak material. I don't know if it's for... comfort? Insulation?

I was expecting it to be a hood. But it's just a bit of fabric?

Nope, just my personal experiences.
Never seen anyone else wield these jackets on the streets.

I did, however, practically wear it almost daily for ~5 years, housing wallets and phones on the chest pockets, which clearly caused wear on their bottoms.
I've seen some detachable hoods for these things for sale. I wonder if I should buy some and ask some skilled sewing person to fix them.

Also, I'm not sure if it's the camo wearing or some dirt / moisture gathering on the edges of sleeves and other extremes, but there seems to be some weird black stains building up around the jacket.

Correct. It seems like something that would have been sewn on after the fact by the previous owner for some purpose, but it's the same exact jacket material and threading used on the rest of it.

Attached: FabricFlap.jpg (1969x1164, 397K)

T-thanks.
According to the markings, it was produced in 1994 (!) by the Savinskaya factory in Russia.

Attached: IMG_3186 (Savinskaya Sewing Factory).jpg (1200x900, 1.52M)

Been trying to find something similar to this uniform for the winter
Any ideas?

Attached: winter.jpg (444x690, 28K)

I served my conscription year in one. They are very uncommon to encounter as street wear, but used at times as heard wearing forest clothing. Outdoors people over here does not skimp on the budget for their clothing so you generally don't see much surplus in that role.

Service jacket always had a hood in one pocket. They are buttoned on so sewing one in place at least in the button points should be very easy.

The cleaning recommendations I found are max 40CELSIUS in a washing machine, drycleaning preferred. Yours sound like it may be developing mildew after long exposure to humidity; the cure iis water and vinegar. But it could be just dirt too if you haven't washed it in a long time. Try just the washing machine first. And remember, spraying on some water repellant may be vital. Could be 30 years since the last coat was put on.

Check inside pockets for tags.

What is the lowest pair of buttons for?

Right now I am guessing the material is there to provide an easily washable inner collar. Never seen such a thing before but I have heard of it, from back when washing was real hard on the clothes.

...grey version of BDU? Civilian, so easy peasy.

walmart.com/ip/Grey-BDU-Pants-Military-Fatigues/41167098

No tags to be found anywhere at all. I'm guessing any that were there have long since been gone.

The buttons underneath the collar are standard for the liner, if those are what you're talking about.

If it helps any, here's some pics of the backsides of the snaps. Left is a genuine issue M65 dated 1979, right is the weird one.

Attached: M65snaps.jpg (2328x1164, 610K)

Maybe it's intended to attach to the liner buttons and go across the chest, allowing the jacket to be worn like a cape, cringy Varusteleka pic related.

Attached: 238535c13a777f11db.jpg (1199x1500, 348K)

Here's a weird jacket some shady fuckers were selling - cut exactly like a Swedish M90, but features a completely different camo pattern. The tag was in Swedish, but didn't mention a manufacturer or date.

Attached: m90.jpg (1398x1500, 1.01M)

Wow it’s so simple wtf how didn’t I think of that? I honestly didn’t think to do this, genius. Thanks a lot user! Any idea where I could find more? Or just cats?

Thanks user, do you also happen to know whats the name of the camo jacket buck uses in that pic

No. I would have gone with the grey jacket part of the set. I might get a set myself actually - could work with several cosplays. The set shown on the picture is likely depicted as very washed out. Anything's easy in a photo editing program.

I can almost guarantee that's some small swedish company contracting a chinese company to make repros in paintball friendly camouflage.
I know for a fact that there are no legit military jackets in any camo besides the standard M/90 camo

Is that some Butane?

Show top of buttons

That's one way of calling it. I personally prefer the "TTsKO" moniker.

They were all generic unbranded snaps.

Has anyone tried dying UCP camo to something more suitable to your environment? I just stumbled upon it and was wondering if anyone has any experience/tips.

Attached: download.jpg (264x191, 13K)

They look like the chinese military snaps.

How do the britbont cs95 DPM pants fit? True to size? What about length

How authentic are the gorkas sold on sites like grey-shop? I'm looking for a good place to buy one for hunting this season.

Any of you autists have insight on where to buy from? The fact that a lot of sites sell them specifically for airshit makes me question the quality.

Attached: modsov-spgorka-233.jpg (1200x897, 318K)

>The fact that a lot of sites sell them specifically for airshit makes me question the quality.
It isn't necessarily an indicator of quality.
Europe doesn't have sheepdawg/three-percenter types or a culture of gun ownership, so gear vendors there stay afloat by catering to the airsoft/paintball crowd.

>sheepdawg/three-percenter types
They're not known for buying quality brands, unless you consider Condor and Rothco quality.

Are Belgian denison smocks any good? Where could I get one?

Attached: 20190425223656670_500.jpg (500x667, 95K)

Best camo for Minnesota?
Also fuck the twin cities

Someone pls identify this Nazi camo.

Attached: 6c5b1253-f2b3-4202-b0aa-1fac71989219.jpg (730x596, 70K)

>any good
For what purposes? They're super thick, heavy, hot, baggy, and loud.
Sizes are whatever you can find, the smocks have a tendency to run short.
The average one you'll find is over 60 years old at this point.
Those that are for sale are often heavily faded with extensive repair stitching, missing or rusted snaps, missing buttons, torn cuffs and hems, possibly a broken zipper, and many have had their beaver tail cut off or sewn down.
Better condition ones are usually sold by collectors, typically at a much higher price.
That being said they're neat pieces of history and the pattern is nice, ignoring the condition of most surviving examples on the market.

>ebay.com/itm/1950s-Belgian-Army-Para-Trooper-Congo-Jacket-Smock-Denison-Cut-Vintage-Surplus/162860207421

That's Czechoslovakian Vz. 60 Mlok. If you're looking for the closest WW2 German pattern you want Splittermuster.

Attached: Belgian ''Congo'' Brushstroke Uniform (1956, BAWI-RAKA w-hood F+B).jpg (3747x1728, 2.57M)

>That's Czechoslovakian Vz. 60 Mlok

Any surplus sources on it?

>Nazi Sdfkz in back
>not Nazi
>pls buy muh overpriced rags from ((( NUGGET ENTERPRISES )))

STFU surplusshill. How much do they pay you, and is it per post or by the word?

Don't listen to this piss-poor excuse for an effort. He's clearly wearing telomimetico (Italian) which is far cheaper than the communist garbage you will have to go to one of his kike masters for (which he did not transparently disclose like the paid shill he is) since they colluded to gouge the prices on the pattern.

Czechoslovakia produced their own Sd.Kfz.251 clones in the late 1950s. Look up OT-810.

Put your trip back on

No, large quantities of it were used as prison uniforms or given to African and Middle Eastern commie forces during the Cold War. Over the last 10 years or so it has skyrocketed in value.
You can search "Czech Mlok, czechoslovakia camo, vz 60 mlok" and stuff like that, or try "salamander" sometimes, as that's what "Mlok" means. You'd be hard pressed to find much of it for less than $100 these days, and that's just for the parkas. The trousers and caps are super hard to find these days, especially in any normal sizes.

>ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Czechoslovakia-Czech-Salamander-Camo-Military-Parka-Jacket-60s-Vietnam/333207321221

Attached: Hejno_mlok_.jpg (889x887, 172K)

Since when did jerries and itais make Vz60 pattern combat jackets with those loops above your right breast

Look up Belgian Brushstroke on Ebay, there's a bunch of them lying around

How the hell did you get your hands on that?

They're all over ebay

Attached: Hungarian M1949-82 Three Color ''Swirl'' Camouflage Shirt (1990).jpg (1361x1728, 846K)

Attached: Bulgarian Splinter Summer Short Sleeve Deployment Shirt.jpg (1433x1728, 987K)

Attached: Ugandan National Resistance Army Vertical Lizard Smock (1980's).jpg (1523x1728, 1.15M)

I bought a patched older style Mexican army desert uniform. All I need is the old DCU army uniform and I will have collected all desert uniforms issued by the Mexican armed forces... Until they release the new style of uniforms next year.

Attached: IMG-20190827-WA0012~2.jpg (648x1066, 110K)

>new style of uniforms
A new pattern or just the cut? I remember you had knee and elbow pads of a new pattern they were trialing or something.

Attached: Mexican Jungle Pixelado Uniform 83rd Battalon de Infanteria.jpg (1953x1728, 1.37M)

I meant cut, I always forget it's refered to that way. The new desert camo still seems to be in trials because the Mexican government anounced the new cut for the army uniforms and it still has the desert camo you see pictured.(The uniform pictured is the cut of uniform that is currently issued.) Sadly I was never able to buy those knee pads as the guy sold them before I could make a deal with him.

Attached: IMG_20190728_171916~2.jpg (3951x3456, 2.44M)

Ah bummer. Do you know what the new cut will be like? I hope it's not ACU styled.

Attached: Mexican Police Winter Jacket Napoles Mexico City.jpg (2314x1079, 621K)

Got this exact jacket (except colors are a bit darker), otherwise looks good and helped me avoid wearing a purse or other kind of crap

Attached: 1567219388409.jpg (1275x1920, 450K)

Copped an OCP combat shirt for 3 EUR because it came with an ISAF patch and those things are usually worth 6-7 bucks on their own.

Attached: Ocp.jpg (741x800, 396K)

Forgive the shitty picture, but it looks like they will be doing away with the lower front pockets of the old cut and only having slanted front pockets much like ACUs, and will have velcro on the arms for placement of badges so no longer will you have to sew the badges onto the sleeves of the uniform. Supposedly the fabric they will be using is also going to be more so like the US4CES uniform and will aid in defeating night vision. Apart from that it would also appear that combat shirts are now going to be issued to the entire army. Before it was only for special forces or certain troops going on UN missions or training exercises abroad.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-085932~2.jpg (1471x1077, 182K)

Along with that they are changing their plate carriers and are doing away with the PASGAT helmet and moving onto the ACH helmet. Finally the last thing is that they are doing away with the historically Navy Blue dress uniforms for the army and are going to Green ones. (Pictured is the desert uniform in the new cut being produced.)

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-091158~2.jpg (1574x1080, 210K)

Copped this banging Romanian pack the other day, spent the last few days conditioning the leather.

Attached: 5F7DFE2F-2A4C-4C30-9B67-9820FF220CB4.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

Enjoy getting mired by arthoes when you wear it around town.

Was on a training exercise in Europe and had to drive a Kazakh light colonel around for a few days and asked him for a uniform. He gave it to me in trade for one of those meme tactical pens. They also had really cool multicam uniforms that were distinct to the unit but no one would give one up. Kinda hyped because I might actually be going to Kazakhstan some time in the next year so I'm going to try again to get one of the multicam uniforms or myself and hopefully some extra uniforms to sell.

I've never seen them on Ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

Where did you get this for 3 euros? every millsurp store & website in the EU are so fucking greedy they would sell you this for 30 or 40 €

That is the plan

A fleamarket seller who didn't know what these things usually cost.

Also managed to snag a Brit DPM smock along with those M65s

Attached: BritDPM.jpg (1164x1698, 345K)

Attached: m90.jpg (1125x1500, 1.11M)

Is this one of those Varusteleka are currently selling?

Have the French decided if they are going to adopt a digital uniform or Multimeme?

Attached: IMAG1268.jpg (690x1036, 226K)

That chest pocket tilt is too steep IMO. Cool to hear their body armor is getting updated, although it's kinda sad to see the aesthetics of the BDU style uniform and PASGT armor fade away.
Wonder why they're moving away from the historical dress uniform, right when the US army is going back to pink and greens too.

Great shape, I love it. How big is it?

I've heard they moved onto the new Tenue 4 (T4) uniform but I've heard nothing on new patterns.
They seem dead set on keeping CCE. They're allegedly planning to increase mil spending starting this year however so it might be worth keeping an eye on them.

Attached: French Motorcycle Cavalry Duster (1950's).jpg (1345x2222, 805K)

When I trained with Frenchies a few months ago, they were all rocking the ol' CCE.

Yeah it is, I think I paid like £45 for it but I’ve seen them going for as much as 80 on places like Etsy.

Plenty big enough for anything you need really, and with all the leather fixings you could attach loads of straps or external pouches for anything else that doesn’t fit. On both side there are leather fastenings to add straps that I’ve seen people putting bedrolls through. The straps on the top of the bag are designed for a helmet but again you could use it for other stuff, you could probably put an axe or a shovel through the largest loop if you wanted.

Today's catch, $2.70.

Awesome, I might have to grab one then.

Attached: US RDF ERDL Hot Weather Trousers (Propper, 1979).jpg (927x1728, 607K)

where can I buy vintage nam tigerstripe?

1979? Then ripstop is an older technology than I thought.

It's been around since the 1940s.

Yes. But I have not seen it before in a uniform as old as 1979.

You see it a lot if you collect US Vietnam stuff.
According to Moore's, the first ripstop jungle uniforms debuted in late 1967.
Here's my '69 ERDL jungle jacket.

Attached: US ERDL Camouflage Tropical Combat Coat (Mixed Green and Brown Dom.) (1969).jpg (1489x1728, 876K)

Then I have learned something new today. Thank you. What uniform books I have that cover USA only uses drawings and those don't show that level of detail.

Any plain gloves you could wear in the summer without sweating to death in?

Attached: 1509924638456.jpg (480x480, 27K)

Nomex

Some estate sale finds from the past month
1970 dated jungle jacket
m1941 jacket, tag is faded
1942 dated musette bag
1944 US poncho

Attached: aug1.jpg (1000x672, 460K)

Attached: Chilean Air Force Purple-Blue Woodland BDU Coat.jpg (1545x1728, 906K)

Yeah I recommend, good stuff

The poncho looks exactly like a modern tarp to me? What does it look like when folded out?

The rest are great finds.

what's the one on the bottom left

There's one or two sellers from that region with tons of them for sale, I'll try to find the listings

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183897426709

Cheap too

Look for SSO (former SPOSN)/ SPLAV or BARS.

the poncho has a head hole without a hood in the middle and snaps that run down the side.

Picked this up the other day. Not sure what the shoulder patch is but i figured out the two on the chest. Any help Americans? Pretty sure they're army BDUs.

Attached: 20190901_164213.jpg (4032x3024, 3.85M)

Attached: 1_front.jpg (1584x3756, 1.25M)

97th Army Reserve Command, using the old insignia of the 97th ID.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/97th_Infantry_Division_(United_States)#Cold_War_to_present

Attached: US Army 1st Pattern Sateen Utility Shirt (SPC, 2nd Armored Cavalry Division).jpg (1585x1728, 1.05M)

do any of you camofags ever test your collected patterns in the woods/desert? I know there are a few videos on youtube but even those don't have some of the stuff you all do.

How could that be? BDU didnt exist in the 40s.

Read it again.

Attached: ROK Army Leaf Shirt (SFC Heo, 1st Special Forces Brigade, Special Forces Command, Underwater Demolit (1519x1728, 1M)

Czechs had tons of left over German equipment after the war, hell, they kept building Messerschmitt BF-109s for their own use and international sale. Czechs were literally the Wehraboos of the Warsaw Pact.

And fucking Me-262's as well, can't forget that.

Attached: Messerchmitt 262 Avia-S-92-Schwalbe-Micky-Mouse-V36-Czechoslovak-Air-Force-1947-0A.jpg (1400x625, 95K)