LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BAD

LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BAD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = GOOD

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>reddit.com/r/CanadianForces/
For Forces info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of saigamarine's SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>en.legion-recrute.com/
French Foreign Legion recruitment website, for you criminals, autists, and mercenaries.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Info on sf86
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?

Attached: u-s-army.jpg (728x424, 34K)

I live in Florida, would it be dumb to enlist in the NG (probably as a 68w) for the college bennies and hope that I get to help out with disaster relief? I know getting deployed is always a possibility and am okay with that.

No. Not a bad idea at all.

Where should I go with my civil engineering degree

>Where should I go with my civil engineering degree
To an engineering/mining company. Go make easy 6 figures few years into your job. Military is for people whose only other option is prison.

Attached: 1543808321326.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

What do you guys think about joining marine raiders or recon? I am currently going in as a combat engineer and will transfer to one of those after my training.

13F with an airborne or ranger contract just keeps sounding more appealing to me when I know a 25 or 35 series job is probably right for me. Why the fuck do I want to do combat arms so bad?

If I'm dying for Israel, why not join the IDF instead of the US military?

What is the best song and why is it Anchors Aweigh

Just signed a 5 year 35p contract for full student loan repayment. What are my chances of getting any language but arabic at the DLI?

I recently graduated from Air Force BMT and am currently at Keesler for cyber transport systems (though I haven't been here long enough to know much about it) tech school AMA.
*Responses may be delayed or nonexistent depending on what my friends are doing today

Navy or Coast Guard if I want to be an engineer that works on boats?

Hey guys i had a question. So i am interested in doing a 3 year contract. But some of these MOS on the Army website that im interested in have like 8 months of training. Does this get included in the contract time? I was specifically interested in the 35T MOS, which is 42 weeks of AIT

MK for CG and you'll probably love it.

>had to dig through mount bullshit to get enlisted
>visit MEPS a dozen times over the span of 2.5 years, includes 2 consult visits, 3 temp DQing medical problems I was unaware of, and "this is too much bullshit and paperwork for me to deal with" mindset from everyone besides the head recruiter at my local station
>ended up signing for 17E yesterday afternoon
>ship out in November to LWood
>30 weeks at Gordon starting March
Any advice at all? I love getting as much information as I possibly can to prepare.

Is there space for my comp rig? Can I even bring it? I share a room with someone yeh?

I enlisted back in 2015 right out of highschool but got a stress fracture in my hip that fucked up my ability to train and ended up getting sent home. Half way into BCT.
When I left they said I could reenlist after 6 months or so.
I want desperately to go back but I'm still pretty nervous about being jerked around for the previous injury and wasting alot of time just to tell me no. Or worse yet, get back in and injured again.
Any advice on what to be sure of before talking to a recruiter?

Yes, but you won't be able to get a 3 year as a tango because you're worth your weight in gold to the army when you're in, and when you're out, but you only get paid that way when you get out, so they keep you as long as they can.

the Chinese and Russian schools there are pretty big, Farsi and Korean too iirc. as a 35p they used to let you trade spots idk if they do that anymore.

most tangos I met were on six year contracts

I have depression and received in patient care for it as well as being prescribed 2 anti depressants. I stopped their use about 8 months ago. If I lied about it and went to MEPS, what are the chances they'd find out and what would the punishment for that discovery be?

I'm trying to join the Navy but I don't want to sit with my thumb up my fucking ass for 2 years to get a waiver. I want in now.

hey bud. I just went to MEPS and signed an AV contract for the Navy at 21. I had depression and took meds for like 6 months in like 2016. They will not find out unless you tell them. They will never find out unless you spill the spaghetti. Just make sure you have your shit under control so that you don't endanger other sailors.

I already told my recruiter about it and he said that he'd get my records from my previous doctors office. He had been lazing around about it so I decided I'd go to another recruiter and see if I could get in with them, however I fucked up and spilled the beans that I had talked to another recruiter and I also didn't know that the only reason they'd ask for records is if something like depression came up.

I had a little talk with the second recruiters and they said that they could wave me through, but I'd get in serious trouble if I was caught. The reason I think I might be found out is that my mom was a veteran and I've been using her tricare for all my hospital visits. When I was admitted and prescribed the medication, it was done under Tricare.

Could the doctors just pull up my history and immediately call bullshit?

Alright thank you. Do you know of a list or somethign where i can see what MOS can sign for 3 years? Google returned nothing

Hey bro. I just turned down an AV contract for HM.

When do you ship?

How long does it take from talking to recruiter to shipping out if I don't need a security clearance? I'm looking at Navy and Army.

Attached: 65074650_2289398124709850_2813001487598235574_n.jpg (640x640, 69K)

Wanna be a Marine, was in DEP in Highschool, got arrested three months from basic, felony charge was dropped to a misdemeanor in court, fell for the plea-bargain is why instead of just going to trial by jury and being found non-guilty I hate my life, it's been two years now, I graduated highschool nonetheless, about to finish college to be an electrical engineer, me want to still be a Marine.

Any chance of actually being able to still get in or should I just say fuck dreams and kys myself irl but in real life?

November of this year babyyyyyyyyy

the spaghetti already spilled out... that's gonna be a yikes from me dog. Idk what tricare is, is it supposed to be connected to the military? From everything I've heard the military has no access to your civilian medical records unless you give it to them. Most recruiters WANT to get you in, if you go back to the one you talked to, be straight with them and say you have it under control and you 100% want to be in. They might squeeze you in.

I want to join the military after college. I cant I rotc because I only have 3 semesters left, but i run an under 5 minute mile and am a straight A math major. I autistically like boats and planes, and I have been talking with the airforce about enlisting for a year then going to ocs to be a pilot, but I am unironically scared to do that because i heard you are forced to take "gogo pills", or meth, and I dont want to come out a junkie. I am also interested in the navy or coast guard and get mixed reviews of both. I plan on going career, and people have said coast guard is better for career, but they also say promotion comes slow as fuck, which seems contradictory. Navy sounds like it would be hell to raise a family in, but promotion comes faster. I would like to do aviation in both, but honestly I'm more just looking for a career where I dont have to stare at a screen and sit at a desk all day.
Vets, what would you do? I plan to enlist for at least a year before doing ocs to be a better officer in whatever branch I go to.

depends on the job you choose, and not every job will be available. From calling my recruiter to MEPS it took 2 weeks and I'm going to basic in November. I've heard it can be shorter or sometimes MUCH longer. They gave me 4 job options at MEPS, all of them were 4 months until ship except for the one i chose. I'm assuming an infantry job will have little to no wait time, I could be wrong though.

Copy that. I ship February but really want to leave sooner.

Are you out of SD?

I'm burnt. Meant to reply to you lmao

Just get 11x with Option 40 or 18x for SF

Just re enlist if you want. Not that big of a deal. I had so many stress factures in BCT at Sand Hill 11B. I usually just pushed through the pain.

When I enlisted for 11x Infantry it took 2 weeks to ship out to Ft Benning. It depends on the MOS really. The Army is looking for more Infantryman so my shipped date was quick, left home in a heart beat.

So, I made essentially maximum scores on the USAF and Navy pilot tests. Recruiter told me no chance with dui history, but to talk to the Marines. Anyone have any idea if marines or even army will give an otherwise top candidate a shot with a dui?

Become confident in the water, underwater 25m and deep end cards will fuck your world

Hey so this is just for you guys who are in. So i am overweight and im losing it. I want to join the Army as infantryman. I know i will have loose skin on my gut and legs. I plan on getting this surgically removed, but the recovery period is supposed to be like a month.
Because it is an elective surgery, i don't know how this works with taking leave days. Can anyone shed some light on if i will even be able to get like a month off if i have the days saved up?

If you have the days of leave you should be able to. You can't be forced to take leave days. So just save them it'll take a while though. You get 2.5 days of leave for every month.

Because the US military will be the cannon fodder for Israel.

My recruiter keeps telling me that I should be the leader of the “future soldier program” because I’m “motivated”. How do I decline without him harassing me about it?

Possibly Army. Can possibly be waivered if your recruiter is cool enough with you and not a lazy sack of shit.

What's the best place to be stationed in the Navy? What's the worst?
>inb4 "another branch"

Attached: 1464917803138.jpg (1132x1698, 219K)

Shore duty somewhere cool
t. guy stationed somewhere not cool
>worst
Undes on a carrier in 7th fleet

>Is there space for my comp rig?
Possibly. The dorm rooms and desks aren't all the same size. Here's my desk at my place. The desk is like 22 inches long. The shelf thing is like 18 inches high.

>Can I even bring it?
Hell yeah

>I share a room with someone yeh?
Typically yes but if your job is under recruited you could get your own room. Some rooms have three people but it's rare.

Attached: 20190830_193856~01.jpg (1920x1440, 427K)

>going combat engineer
>will transfer after training
try at the end of your contract. I don't know how raiders works since that's just a specific unit that got recently nicknamed Marine Raiders to kind of fluff em up.
You better be a fish in the water and scoring a high 1st class ( 285+) if you want to try recon. Lots of guys join saying they'll just transition over to what they REALLY want to do and that's not how things work.
Instead of saying you wanna go raiders, you could try for MARSOC, it's a bit of a boys club from what I hear and the only people I met who were with MARSOC requested to PCS out of it for one reason or another.

navy ctn here if anyone has questions about boot camp, jcac, whatever

>17 anything
very few people know about those gigs. i certainly don't but usually longer AIT (or general tech school) is a good thing because the job has a fuckton of value placed into training. It'll be some bullshit but longer AITs are less retarded in terms of the bullshit than shorter ones. You won't believe that while you're there, most likely.

What's some good stuff to do around Osan besides getting blasted on the sed? This place is humid as shit but at least there's no mosquitos

If you were to join I'd say go officer since you have a degree. good job moving on at the time btw instead of working at a gas station for 4 years and going for round 2.
Technically they can waive a misdemeanor but you never know until you go through the effort of trying. That's speaking for the enlisted side, as an officer it probably ruins everything but enlisted life is probably not what you think it is, especially considering you'd go in as an E2 and so would the 17 year old motarded JROTC kids.

>afraid to be a USAF pilot because he doesn't want to be a junkie
Yeah all of those hobos on the streets were USAF pilots who got hooked on drugs and couldn't function in the real world.
Retard.
>I plan on going career
you can say that all day but until you join you don't have that plan. your view will change one way or another. not saying you wouldn't do it, but it'd impact your plans either way.
>doesn't wanna stare at a screen and sit at a desk
>career
What do you think you do for most of your career when in a leadership position?
>plan to enlist before ocs
The cherry on top of you being a retard.

If you're gonna join then just go straight in as an officer and commit to whatever you do. I don't know all the paths of all the branches and how they treat their pilots but to be frank you're probably not gonna make it if you think pilots are junkies and describe your grade as "straight A"

How would I even bring it? Just have some one ship it or bring it to me?

in basic do they train you with a handgun AND and shotgun?

Yeah either option works. You can sponsor your family or friends or whatever onto base so they can drop it off to you or you can get someone to ship it to you. Don't bring it to basic of course, they probably won't throw it away but they will absolutely ream your ass about it.

>tells someone not to bring their computer to basic
if someone brings a full form computer to basic they deserve whatever they get.

no, handgun only. im not even sure which rates after bootcamp would even shoot a shotgun, considering the marksmanship ribbons are for handgun/rifle only

Kind of stupid question but what option would get me
>3-4 year contract
>Ship quickly, preferably under two months
>Not a shit job like cook
I need to get out of my hometown and the GI Bill looks super sweet. I have a high school diploma and am a certified forklift operator. I'm not the toughest or the strongest and have a slight knee injury, but am no stranger to hardship. Don't care which service.

Oh dope. I'm also kind of worried about the TS/SCI clearance being denied due to my family being a horribly toxic bucket of crabs.
I can imagine them hearing that I'm under investigation for a clearance and making up shit like "oh he tried killing himself, was a junkie for most of his teen years, was homeless, has a drinking problem, always lies to us about everything" etc. just to ruin my chances. How much weight do the investigators put on family testimony?

Interested in this too

Family testimony is literally garbage. Why do you think the sf86 is all about non-relatives? Family will either lie to make you look good or lie to make you look bad. TS/SCI interviewers will dig deep enough to see through their shit.

Talk to a recruiter. I’d say start with the army as you can get a specific job written in your contract.

Don't worry about it. You have to try to have it outright denied, or have some of the major red flags which you would probably have mentioned by now.
debt, foreign contacts, foreign visits, etc.

Coast Guard 1000% bro. You'll get in and be a nonrate and see what other rates do, do much cooler shit much faster.

Attached: aye_aye_chief_bennett.jpg (1200x799, 118K)

>janitor

I'm shipping out to bct in October. I don't know what i'm feeling right now, a mix of some anxiousness and sadness. I'm worried about how my PT test score will turn out but I also know that I can totally pass it if I give it my all. I'm excited for the military but also a little sad for some reason. Maybe i'm being a big ol' pussy. I dunno

let's be real, no one is going to be enlisted and an "engineer". They may fix things and paint things, but they're not engineering anything.
So with that said it doesn't really matter, if you wanna be an engineer get a degree.

Navy SEABEEs. You can be a heavy equipment operator if the jobs open...or any other Construction type job within that community.

In the navy you get to pick your job at MEPS...or decline and come back another day.

Anyone got info on becoming a helicopter pilot I'm having difficulties finding anything about it

>engineer
>work on boats

You'll be a glorified repairman.
No one actually engineers anything in the military other than some fucking shitty fob things and the army engineer corp creating bridges.

99.9% of actual building projects are contracted to civilian side sources.
.1% of jobs are given to military members where we are building original useful works.

That's just not how this shit works at all.

To be a pilot you have to become an officer regardless of branch.
Afterwords you have to be specifically chosen for the job after painstakingly trying to get into flight school, which has a very low acceptance rate.

It's not something you're likely to get going in, you can talk to a recruiter about it.

You'll need perfect vision, good hand eye coordination, and incredibly high test scores...

I got good eyes a 32 on the act, and my hand eye coordination is ok. You think I got a chance? I was wanting to be an EMS helicopter pilot. Could you go to Annapolis for flight training?

M as de like a 94 on the practice asvab

user I don't think you understand so I'll try to explain it again.

Usually for prestigious job chances in the military you would already be in the military.

Such as becoming a SpecOp, SF, Ranger, SEAL, etc, etc.
Usually you join, do very well, and get accepted later into a speciality school.

I don't know any pilots personally, but I do know all pilots are officers and have to go through flight school.

You'll need to talk to a recruiter specifically about this. As pilots have the lowest acceptance rates of any job in the military. This is coming from a dude who had an MOS of only 120 people and was incredibly hard to get into.
It's even harder to be a pilot.
So if you really want this you need to find out the facts from the source.

Can someone explain Marine contracts (specifically how you get your MOS) to me?

you enlist with a seal contract

So is this still intentionally backwards or did someone copy the thread from a few weeks ago and just never remember to change the pasta?

Army has warrant officer flight school which is a non commissioned enlisted position that trains helicopter pilots.

All else requires officer status.

What do with my worthless computer science degree?

Army WOFT?
But if you really like computers join the CG and go IS/IT

Attached: USCGC_Midgett_WHEC-726.jpg (2830x1870, 2.36M)

>10 jobs between 2012 and today
>recruiter put first job for span of 6 years instead of the 2 years it actually was
>3 jobs after to present day are accurate
>residence is missing the 3 years I was homeless (but have permanent mailing address at grandma's house in same town)
Fucking up the job history seems like easy rejection desu. Muh honesty fucked me over once in the process to get enlisted, so I'm conflicted if I should attempt to correct the record.

what does an 17E basically do?

How fit should I be prior to shipping for basic? I understand I'll have like 3+ months at basic to prepare but I've heard you actually lose muscle and get worse at PT if you're actually prepared. I'm referring to for rangers too.

Right now I can do like 10 pullups, 50 pushups in a minute and 60 or so situps in a minute. I haven't done a full 2 minute test recently though. I'm lanky but have like 5% body fat and can run decently enough.

Do guys in regiment still deploy?

I dont even know what rating I want yet, but for officers, is it better to be in coast guard or navy career? I dont know if I want to go career but I have no other outlooks, all I have is a BS degree I wont use otherwise. Basically, if I want to get promotions, and if I did go career and wanted to raise a family while having the least amount of civilians fuck my wife while I'm away 50% of the time, which branch should I choose?

Has anyone got a screencap of that post where the US had some sort of post-national disaster simulation scenario where this one veteran was able to take over a bunch of towns which eventually embarrassed the military to shut the whole program down?
He was an older vet, might have only had one leg.
I believe it was done on computers.
Lots of small skirmishes and stuff.

Is there a name for this shitty military carpeting? Every base has it somewhere.

You can be a civilian and someone will still fuck your wife.

Don't worry about that...worry about being the best version of yourself & best man in her life. When you smashing that poon, let her know you are THAT NIGGA (for lack of a better term). When you come home, that's your fucking house & you run shit.

Women cheat all the time. You're gonna live a sad, scared life if you worry about that.

>I've heard you actually lose muscle and get worse at PT if you're actually prepared

How the fuck?

Isn’t you’re only doing it for college benefits then go for it.
If you want to use it in your career don’t choose whiskey, you’ll be an EMT for the rest of your life.
If you want to use it for a career do something else.
As long as you don’t kid yourself thinking it’ll be good for a career then have at it.

You're diet goes to shit as your meals consist of cramming garbage down your throat, you are overworked and deprived of proper sleep/rest. If you think you are going to be consuming 200+ grams of protein and 3000+ carbs a day and have a nice, scientifically balanced workout you are kidding yourself.

It isn't about making sweet gains, it's about mentally breaking down recruits and making them as durable as possible.

Ok...and wouldn't you want to go in there as fit as possible to make up for that loss?

That's kind of what I'm doing. Bulking... so when I do ship (Navy) I'll be good to go.

I'd rather go in with excess fat/muscle so the poor diet/sleep/exercise isn't so rough.

I’m assuming you’ve already got your contract.
Say no.
It’ll have absolutely no impact on your career/enlistment, unless you wanna do the 2 weeks at your recruiting station between AIT and your first unit.

If you come in looking like a chad Robert frank then you’re definitely losing muscle. If you’re a gym rat, you’re probably gonna lose a little bit of muscle mass.
If you’re lanky and don’t have bulging muscles to begin with, you’ll probably gain a little bit of muscle.
I never heard of anybody declining in their PT scores during basic besides from injury.
Your run times are fine but your push ups and sit ups are barely passing, so work on those.
Here’s a challenge for you if you want to keep running while preparing for basic. Go run 5 miles at a 12 minute pace.
It’ll be maddening as hell but it’ll get you ready for company runs.

>50 pushups per minute
>barely passing

Do what mate?

I just picked 68w because it would be relevant to what I already do. I'm currently an LPN looking to go back for my Bachelors in Nursing.

That is passing. You need 42 pushups to pass APFT 60%. In Ranger Regiment your pushups better be perfect because they grade harshly.

I thought it was 40 in 2 minutes

42 pushups in two minutes for APFT 60% 17-21 Age bracket for Army. They are changing the PT test for the Army soon.

Will the FFL take an American with an uncharacterized discharge?

Attached: IMG_7563.jpg (2048x1327, 212K)

Went in as open contract in marines and just found out I'm ammo tech. What am I in for?