Attached: m2.jpg (2100x1400, 597K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only criminals use handguns.

cops are criminals

Sick. Is that a new acquisition?

READ THE MANUAL OR DIE

It has a magazine disconnect because muh fuckin po LEECE but thankfully it's easily removed.

Attached: IMG_4443.jpg (2200x1467, 652K)

Look at this German over-engineering.

How to retain magazine disconnect? A pin? A screw? Just use the grip panel like everyone else?

No. We machine a hair-thin channel for a paper thin piece of spring steel to slide inside of. But it doesn't come slide straight out, no, it's retained. Bend the end up and then it can be slid out. The retaining strip even holds the mag disconnect spring in place.

Attached: IMG_4447.jpg (1800x1200, 250K)

That is some impressive krautism

It's extremely fat. The trigger is godawful. The grip hump is three times worse than a glocc. It only holds 8 rounds. Takedown is difficult.

But it has a rotating barrel, it has an awkward safety on the rear of the frame, it's """""made""""" by Mauser (actually Sig) and I love it.

With the grips removed though it's actually quite comfortable and slim. The grips completely ruin the ergonomics. I wonder if I could just make some non-ludicrous grips for it?

Yabud, thanks

Could be worse

Attached: IMG_4452.jpg (1800x1200, 424K)

Are those fuckin black talons?

I picked this up today, tell me how I did because I haven't shot it. I love how it feels in the hand and how light it is in my pocket though.

Attached: IMG_20190830_150504.jpg (4160x3120, 1.95M)

Gross

Better than a Glock

rude

Yeah I thought it was much better than a Glock too, plus I already have two nines anyway.
You say "better than a Glock" slightly dismissively, what are some other good semicompact 380s for about $500?

I'm aware Kimber QC was a meme a while back but are they still bad? I want to get something in 10mm and the only other option here is Glocks which I can't shoot very well.

Attached: KIM-3200122CA-2.jpg (737x511, 168K)

>semicompact 380s for about $500
I'm not really the person to ask desu. That category of handguns isn't really my thing, but I think you made a good, practical purchase.

Ruger makes a 10mm 1911

The only Rugers in 10mm on the roster are revolvers, otherwise I wouldn't even be bothering with Kimber to begin with.

>roster
Oh CA. Hmmm, yeah get a Kimber I guess. Your other options are finding something else used in state or building/converting a 1911.

What are you, gay?

M8 is that a fucking hand safety

Yeah they are!

I think the M&P EZ is one of the coolest guns out right now. But the racer version is a little much for me. Frick the haters though if you love it!

Supposedly they're fine now, but I saw a lot of complaints about "breaking in," which seems to be almost mandatory. They're made very tight and the pushed out the door without any actual fitting, so it may take awhile (and a lot of annoying jams) before the gun smooths itself out.

At least that's the gist I get from recent Kimberposts. I don't own one, but I don't have anything against the company.

Attached: grand chassis.jpg (2100x1400, 698K)

>It's a piece of shit but I love it

So why do you and other /hg/ mouthbreathers constantly shit on others for liking guns you all deem shit? Hypocrites.

>why do self-loathing hambeasts who have no romantic relationship, no offspring to continue their lineage, and are felons to boot bring everyone around them down?
Idk

Oo where did this salt come from? Let me guess, you posted a modified glocc?

Yeah idk.
Look at dw razorback. Ruger felt solid. Springer has a 10mm too. Delta elite is always an option

This but unironically.

how much did you pay for the meme talons and why. i want to laugh at you

What are the best new production 1911s under $1k?

unironically Colt

Please use the archive and post just a few examples of me shitting on others for liking a gun.
desuarchive.org/k/

I'll be here waiting for your apology.

I think you confused me for someone else?

I didn't buy them for memes, I've had them since they were new. I don't remember what I paid for them then but it was in a store in California so I doubt it was cheap.

Check pastebin in OP

Release the Performance Center M&P 2.0 already, S&W. Fucking FN wants to much money for their midsize.

burt has like 100 guns faggot hes way beyond buying practical. there is no reason he cant like weird guns and also shit on people for buying stupid first guns. whats your excuse for being a prick?

Still seething about your last ticket you little faggot

So I tried a bunch of guns today. And the grips/size I liked best were the HK VP9SK and the Ruger SR9C. Does anyone know these guns well? Would I be happy with either?

>orbiting

Attached: 2B0011F4-7F4C-4256-AFC6-A7D7C2664328.jpg (534x306, 32K)

yes

Just picked this up for $700, what can you autists tell me about it?

Attached: IMG_20190830_212915.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

Nice Burt.

Would you choose a PPQ over a Beretta 92 for HD??

Thank you

10mm?

Pretty cool, bitch. Load it hot and burn it the fuck *down*.

Yeah its my first centimeter gun, bought a couple boxes of the cheap remington 10mm just to get some rounds out of the gun and it felt great. I cant stop pulling it out and fingerfucking it.

Waiting for those examples

They're both good guns. iirc the SR9c is quite a bit thinner than the VP9.

I wouldn't pick one over the other, they're both great. Both take lights, both have tritium sights available (some 92s anyway), both can take 20 and 30 round mags, both have great triggers, both realible.

Pretty good price

Attached: doody guns.jpg (2222x1481, 1.13M)

Opinion on Swenson slide assembly with front serrations and Swenson barrel?

For glock19

Just bought this Beretta 96 Brigadier that I'm about to do unspeakable things to

Attached: cdknN44.png (871x582, 179K)

This thing and then I bought one because it seemed cool.

Attached: HMA19-Llama-Omni-2.jpg (1000x748, 106K)

>tfw I ordered a nighthawk custom back in may and it's not going to be done until November
Feelsbadman

Attached: 1548921145277.jpg (567x437, 35K)

You should speak to us about the things you're going to do to it.

I did look at the pastebin but it seems to only be 3 tiers of 1911. Are the models in each tier all truly about equal or are they paired together for convenience?
I just thought there'd be more variance between them.

Gonna buy a P10C soon, and I plan to mount an RMR to it. CZ has an optic-ready version coming, but the optic sits a little higher than a cut slide and uses an adapter plate. Does look cool though, and saves the money of milling the slide. With slide cuts, there's either milling a new rear sight slot and using a Glock rear sight instead of a CZ sight, or milling ahead of the rear sight and having the optic much closer to the ejection.

Not sure which route to go with. I don't like having a rear sight post sitting lower and not quite aligning right, but it could be done the soonest and cheapest. The cut ahead of the existing rear sight dovetail would be more expensive. The optics ready P10s are even available yet as far as I can tell, I can't find any in-stock online.

Why am I such a faggot?

Attached: cut or uncut.jpg (2100x655, 769K)

Let's say I wanted to maximize the amount of controllable firepower in as small a handgun as possible.

One of the practical limitations with 9mm and 380 ACP handguns is the diameter of the cartridges themselves; moving down to 380 doesn't offer any advantage in capacity without sacrificing grip length because 380 has the same case diameter as 9mm. How do we address the capacity limitations imposed by cartridge diameter without making the pistol unnecessarily large, or wide, or velocity-dependent (FN Five-SeveN comes to mind).

32-caliber cartridges have cases with outer diameters of 0.337in, compared to the 0.391in diameters of 9mm cartridges. The problem is that all 32-caliber cartridges are either rimmed or semi-rimmed, and while 32 ACP double-stack handguns do exist, they are under-powered and outdated. However, the 8mm Roth-Steyr cartridge is a rimless cartridge close in diameter to other 32s (0.348in) while having a total length similar to "standard-length" cartridges (1.142in, vs 1.169 for 9mm). It's difficult to find pressure specs for 8mm Roth-Steyr, but we can assume a max SAAMI pressure of 35k given that its ballistics are intermediate between 9mm and 380. A pistol with the "robustness" of a single-stack 9mm could, in theory, be redesigned to fit an 8mm doublestack, and you would end up with a PF-9 sized handgun that is instead ~1in thick and ~4.5in long, giving it a grip intermediate between that of a Glock 19 and Glock 26 while still holding 15+1 and being approximately ~80-90% of the power of a 9mm.

Could switching to a straight-walled cartridge with 8x23mm outer dimensions maximize round count in a standard-length handgun frame while still being close to the 300 ft-lb output of 9x19mm Parabellum?

Attached: 32 vs 9mm.jpg (400x338, 48K)

I like my M&P Shield but I want something larger so I can play around with some optics and weapon lights and all the other bullshit accessories. I’m not really interested in any meme calibers except maybe 10mm so otherwise I’d just like to keep it 9. Any suggestions?

Attached: 56BA11E4-8DAE-41A0-853B-FBB8E01C139C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

M&P 2.0 Compact might be right for you

Going to turn it into the ultimate weeb-Beretta courtesy of Collector Design Werks who just released his kits.

Attached: P1030366.jpg (1500x843, 322K)

Based STARSfriend, thanks for showing this. I need to get one of these some day and make a proper SE instead of my attempt here.
The slide release and rear sight not existing always bothered my autism.

Attached: se.jpg (1600x1200, 1.33M)

Good price

They're all pretty equal imo, my preference would be Ruger, Colt or Springfield but I wanted to give you more options! STI would have been the one to get in that bracket but they're discontinued, or Sig if it were 2 years ago when they were $650. Sigs are still good, just not ridic cheap anymore.

Dam Son, no wonder those turds dropped Korth, they can't even keep up with their own stuff

The difference is pretty small, and really the only reason you'd want to have it milled yourself is if you wanted the lowest possible sights. But the sights that come on the ORs aren't super tall suppressor sights, they're like medium-height sights. So imo, go for the factory option. Now if you needed a threaded barrel, CZ doesn't yet make a threaded AND optics ready P10 so it would make sense in that case to get the suppressor ready and have it milled. But for just the optic, CZ factory imo.

It's not like when you put an optic on a rear sight mount and it's REALLY noticeably tall and makes it feel weird to shoot because you have to hold your hand lower to line up with your eye. The CZ system is pretty low already.

>firepower
>handgun

Also many mainstream 9mms have 20 and 30 round mags available where other calibers do not.

CZ P10C OR sounds right up your alley, or maybe a Walther Q4 Tac. Or possibly a Beretta APX RDO if you can tolerate the trigger.

No C.O.R.E. version of the M2.0 available to the public yet

Attached: sfbal.jpg (2200x1467, 823K)

I too blog about gun design to anons who either don't care or call you retarded. I've thought about that quite a bit, but I just can't see the point now that guns like the P365 have been developed. You've gotta think, you can't have a much smaller grip than the 365s before it's too small, and past 10 rounds capacity is statistically incredibly unlikely to matter. I'd also argue the .380 is better for the average retard who at best loads decent JHPs and at worst has FMJs. Only hope I see for .32 caliber is some innovative new revolver in .32 H&R/.327.

I think it has to do with the fact that I ordered a double stack frame. I remember the agent over the phone saying something about not having any left in inventory to work on

Yeah, I also bought the slide release and rear sight for my 92 Brigadier Samurai edge, I still need to get the rear sight install tool to do it right though.
I did also get a set of SE grips from CDW with the light-blue medallions as well since his are actually contoured correctly and a lot more comfortable than the blocky ones made by DS-Grips.
And just FYI the extended slide release does nudge up against the DS-Grips ones a little,
it will still work but I did notice the very tip of the slide release was starting to dig into the grips.

Attached: v9Gd8Mc.jpg (5184x3456, 1.35M)

>The difference is pretty small, and really the only reason you'd want to have it milled yourself is if you wanted the lowest possible sights. But the sights that come on the ORs aren't super tall suppressor sights, they're like medium-height sights. So imo, go for the factory option. Now if you needed a threaded barrel, CZ doesn't yet make a threaded AND optics ready P10 so it would make sense in that case to get the suppressor ready and have it milled. But for just the optic, CZ factory imo.

Yeah I'm leaning towards waiting for the optic ready handguns to restock. Getting a suppressor-ready P10C and getting it milled would be cool. This would be a concealed carry handgun though, so mounting a suppressor wouldn't be a major consideration. I don't even own a can yet.

There's a reason why people like 15-round compacts, and it isn't just because the grip is also a convenient size for most people. Reloading presents the opportunity for human error, and in a gunfight, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Yes, there are diminishing returns for more rounds, but getting up to ~15 rounds in a grip a tenth of an inch longer than a P365 would keep most people satisfied.

The other hurdle is that progress on gun design and "load-lightening" has increased the popularity of light-for-caliber handguns without the obvious increase in competency and training to be able to handle snappier guns. Pic related compares the recoil velocities of several handguns across calibers, which should give you some measure of a given handgun's "snappiness" and the difficulty of making repeat shots on target. Bullet momentum increases recoil velocity, while handgun weight decreases recoil velocity. Fast-moving cartridges help reduce kick as you move to lighter handguns, but cartridges like 5.7x28 require too much barrel length to burn efficiently in handguns and require excessively large grips.

It may just so prove that a modern, high-pressure 8x23mm handgun cartridge allows even faster follow-up shots than 9x19mm while being every bit as terminally effective and much more space- and mass-efficient.

Attached: recoil velocity.png (936x500, 41K)

>every bit as terminally effective
You said yourself it wouldn't be quite as powerful. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm saying if it is an improvement, it's not big enough to warrant a jump from .380 and 9mm. If you want to sell a new cartridge, it'd better target a niche market or be a big upgrade for the mass market. This seems like a small upgrade for the mass market.

The whole excitement for the P365 was predicated on the "newness" of 10+1 in a form factor the size of a single-stack subcompact, despite the P11 having done the exact same thing 20 years beforehand. I'd say moving to a marginally smaller caliber to go from 10+1 to 15+1 in the same form factor would be a big improvement for the pubic, especially if you can prove that whatever differential in muzzle energy there is between existing 9mm loads and this cartridge doesn't result in any change in terminal effect.

Capacity seems to be the thing that excites people in the market right now; Sig simply paired that excitement together with a "premium" striker-fired handgun despite the numerous QC issues. Hell, I think you might even be able to achieve the specs that matter with an existing or slightly case-thickened 8mm Roth-Steyr cartridge as a starting point.

I did notice that with the grips, and they look like the correct type of wood too while mine is too light. As much as I like the SE grips I have, the blockiness is definitely not great, as is the lacking magwell.
I'll definitely have to use those new ones and start from scratch with an early brigadier or mix and match a brigadier with a 92f frame once I get back to having money to burn.
For now I'll just have to keep pretending I have the Jill model with a normal slide release.

Sig p220 has a 10mm version

M&P doublestack would make sense but a da/sa CZ would be better.

>keep pretending I have the Jill model with a normal slide release.

Jill model is best model, though.

Attached: Sammy Scene.jpg (1200x800, 520K)

I have about $500 to spend
>Shield 9mm
$250
>TRL-6
$66
>spare 8 round mags x2
$32
>IWB holster
?
What holster get? I have a few hundred rounds of 9mm and half a box of 124gr HST's but I'll still spend the remainder on ammo.

You did meh. Gun > nogunz

>Better than a Glock
Imagine actually believing this...

Glock 48 slide for my Glock 43: yes or no?

Any long slide semi-autos with barrels longer than 6"?

I don't think that will work, also no don't do that

I'm not aware of any off the top of my head. The Glock 40 has a 6" barrel and that thing is comically long, so I'm not surprised they're few and far between.

I think what I liked that both had in common was the grip length. I don't recall the Ruger being much thinner but it's possible. I have small hands, so my main concern with the HK is that even tho I like the finger grooves...my pinky doesn't reach down to the pinky spot. (My left-hand gets some good traction there I think. Not sure if it is important) Same for Ruger, the grip is long enough to get a little bit of my left hand on.

Dont cheap out on the holster. Get a good kydex one like vedder or tier 1

it works, people have tested it out in youtube videos and stuff
the question is, is it worth it?

It’s almost ready

Attached: 616BB0F8-9E5B-4F3D-94CC-84563E6F7543.jpg (952x936, 261K)

f-f-for what user?

Attached: DMIS3VpW4AAbNZY[1].png (1200x675, 216K)

Just needs some pink cerakote and mlp rear slide plate for full faggotry

Sig p238

Glock 17L and 40 are 6.02 inches, but I guess that's not what you're looking for. There are AMT hardballer variants in 7 inches. Some automags have barrels up to 8 inches.

Oh, and there are also browning buckmarks with 7+ inches barrels too.

Fusion makes a 7" 1911 I believe. Ruger made some crazy long versions of the Mark and Mark II, and you can put a 16" carbine barrel on a Browning Buckmark or Beretta Neos. Pretty sure some Deagle brand Deagles are over 6".

If the finger grooves on the VP9 don't line up with your fingers that's a good reason to skip it imo.

Just picked this up today and it's probably relevant to the thread. Now my Benelli has a Bernardelli friend

Attached: IMG_20190831_134429.jpg (2448x3264, 1.52M)

Kimber QC is even worse than it was 9 years ago. It has never improved since it went to shit and it's been further and further downhill since.

Cool!

Can you prove this quantifiably?

original box gang

Attached: IMG_20190831_153613.jpg (3264x2448, 1.35M)

Which guns that are not Glocks have cheap mags? Are cheap mags even big enough of a factor to make you consider which first handgun you get?

Recent acquisition. Did I get the right gun guys?

Attached: IMG_20190831_180911.jpg (3024x4032, 3.73M)

Really shouldn't since any gun is going to have 2-3 mags with it, unless maybe it's used.

What is an acceptable shoulder rig for a CZ75B? Galco doesn't make one for this gun, neither does DeSantis.

Attached: 1567102810352.jpg (847x960, 165K)

I mean buying extra mags beyond the first three that come with it. I have like 20 AR mags (which I know isn't that impressive) but since PMAGs are like $8-10 a pop I just get one or two to come with ammo and stuff like that.

They're nice guns. I love mine.

Unless mags are $45+ I don't think it's practical to complain about mag prices at all, or base a gun buying decision on the cost of mags. Not even if you intend on buying 10+ mags. The people whining about the difference between $19 and $23 mags are just silly, it costs the same to put ammo in that mag just one time than the difference in price, and when you consider what you'll spend on ammo over the lifetime of the gun it's just dumb to worry about mag cost. imo if mags are really expensive, like $45-50 or more, then maybe start factoring that in to cost IF you intend to buy more than one or two extra.

imo of course, but I think it's pretty practical and realistic advice.

It is if you love it!

I want a highly concealable 9mm that is DA/SA. What do I get?

anybody wanna sell me their ccp

Attached: WAL_CCPM28792_43427659024_o-1024x575.jpg (1024x575, 98K)

I'm thinking of getting one for my mom.

P239?

CZ RAMI