Alright /k I just found a double barrel 12 ga on the used rack at my local fudd shop for 79$

Alright /k I just found a double barrel 12 ga on the used rack at my local fudd shop for 79$.

The catch - Its got a denotation on the tag saying "wallhanger". The stock is cracked and damaged, and at one point had a big chip taken off.

Cant be worse than the other anons 5$ shotgun right?

Attached: F558E042-83F6-468D-95F2-900E1EDC5277.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=391704
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't make you any uglier if it does glocknade. Do it faggot.

Are you at Green mountain guns in Englewood

How the hell are we supposed to know from your shitty photo. Since you are in the gun store. Why don’t you ask the seller, why the gun is considered a wall hanger? Chips in the stock do not make a firearm dangerous to shoot. Did you look for bulges in the barrel? Is it missing parts?

thats about the going rate for a shitty old sxs. not great not terrible.

It says in the OP why its a wallhanger you retard.

And yes, cracked wood stocks can become dangerous over time. That shit could explode you absolute moron

I think you and I have talked about this shop before in previous threads.

>wall hanger
Ask them for more details. And ask about that mauser too

"Because this gun is in bad condition and we dont reccomend shooting it. It has cracks in the stock."

Notice the huge chip missing up top, springs are slightly visable

Attached: 1449E3BA-9302-4117-8032-5E45BE5E8932.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

Attached: 98BD4103-BB48-41DB-85E0-947247C8DD84.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

the bedding of the action is probably all bodged up which is what led to the crack. Inletting a new stock for that thing really isnt economical.

Well, it's salvageable then. If you want a project gun then this is it. Offer them $50

How hard would it be to make or get a replacement stock that wont blow up?

Doesnt look like the stocks are for sale

Attached: 65218DF2-5194-415F-AF9E-1C98FC15FDC0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

You won't find them for sale. Your two options are DIY and custom work. 9/10 times a project gun is not the best option financially, so if it's about the money buy something else. How skilled are you at wood working? Are you fine with this gun ending up as a total write off? It could be a fun project, and you could make a perfectly functional stock, but if you're looking for a HD gun or something don't take on a project

Also, make sure you know what it shoots before you buy. Could be black powder. That engraving tells me it's a mid 20's Sears roebuck, but never guess on that shit

Montgomery Ward western field.

The engraving reads as follows, sorry my phone does this gay reorientation shit.

I would be absolutely fine pulling a DIY for this, im just not sure if i could make something thats a custom perfect fit. The trigger guard also loops back around and attaches into the stock itself, its not a round guard

Attached: 22D62175-4455-459F-AA73-C67E93FA3C0D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

And nah its not the money.

Well kinda

Its an 80$ double barrel and im a penny pinching faggot, however this one locks up more solid than even the modern double barrels sitting on the rack. Its just kinda cool

Back when i was like 14, I bought a bolt-less ariska for like 70$ as a wallhanger and found a bolt for it.

Project beater guns are funny to me

Attached: A869797F-6E07-42B8-80C7-99305E9BD6AD.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=391704
There you go. Here's some info on your shotgun. Personally, I love store brand guns. I think they're fucking neat. If you're down for a DIY I'd offer them $50 OTD. you won't save any money but you will have fun

Neat

Thanks man, I might try and butter em up on my errand run later this evening but I feel like theyre gonna shoot me down.

Spend a few bucks more for a Maverick 88.

Attached: mymav88750.jpg (750x563, 100K)

The dollar sign goes BEFORE the number in huwhite countries.

Midway's got a video about fixing up a Remington 1900 double. It talks about some of the shit you might have to do. Depends on what's wrong with it- it could be easy to fix and it might be hard. If nothing's broken, you should be able to refinish it with hand tools. You can refit a new stock by hand, it just takes time.

based. godspeed fellow denverite.

So your answer is going from a double barrel to a pump? If op wanted a pump don't you think he would have asked about it.

This

Why the fuck cant I farmer larp?