Uzi Build Thread

I've been wanting to build one of these for a few days. Not sure how I got the urge. I had some good success building AKs back when it was cheap, and I build 80% 1911s.

Can you recommend any particular supplier, tools or products? I still haven't got my head around 922(r) compliance parts for the Uzi yet. Or open bolt vs closed bolt. My intent is to build an SBR after receiving an approved form 1 and stamp.

I never really cared for the UZI but it looks like a fun challenge and magazines are plentiful. I think having one would be fun.

I will post some retro Uzi stuff. Show me your Uzis and build pics.

Attached: main-qimg-6a0aba6a7055ec814d8e89df01962eb1.jpg (700x906, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uzitalk.com/reference/pages/uzibook.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=qIJXymt7AOY
robertrtg.com/store/pc/DELUXE-UZI-SMG-PARTS-KIT-WOOD-STOCK-161p85.htm
ima-usa.com/products/uzi-9mm-full-auto-10-5-inch-barrel-with-non-threaded-muzzle-parkerized-finish-chrome-bore
gunpartscorp.com/products/1141270
robertrtg.com/store/pc/uzi-repair-section-80-receiver-p4277.htm?atc=1&idproduct=4277
guns.com/news/2016/04/02/montana-man-found-guilty-after-trial-in-uzi-parts-case
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: uzi2.jpg (840x473, 100K)

Attached: images (3).jpg (284x177, 5K)

Attached: 22b9110dbc2d6b48b4102b64fbcf514e.jpg (700x490, 45K)

Attached: Wwwm8173.jpg (2048x3072, 745K)

Attached: 5adzd6x8kmhx.jpg (1072x714, 227K)

Attached: 41fdc03a93d1e2721faae8ace8735e98.jpg (879x549, 119K)

>I build 80% 1911s
what's that like?

Parts kit is cheap
Buy a completed lower from McKay
Assemble receiver ezpz
Install FA selector block
Get bolt assembly from USbarrelshrouds because McKay is always OOS
GL finding Semi sear (i got mine from Practical Solutions)
should be everything

I bought an original Isreali import Uzi this spring. It looks awesome but it's a terrible semi auto gun. Super heavy and everything is stiff or wobbly. It'd be a good subgun but semi auto is eh.

Get a copy of Dave's book. If you buy it from his site he'll sign it for you at no charge.

>Or open bolt vs closed bolt.
Has to be closed bolt unless you're making a subgun.

Attached: DSC_1409.jpg (1152x768, 253K)

Pretty good. Kind of autistic due to all the fitment and geometries. Kuhnhausen helps. I like the custom guns if the 70's and 80's so most of the parts out there are too tactical for me. Non-tacticool frames are scarce, too.

Here's one I did. All stainless. Gold bead up front. English walnut. Runs like a scalded cat.

Attached: xmSICCy.jpg (768x1024, 120K)

I built this one on a modern Colt commercial frame. All other parts are GI. I dont trust cast parts, or plastic, so this gun is all forged and machined 4140. Some of the parts took the park differently but that may be because I split them into two batches. This gun is not too tight, which is good because I wear it fishing and swimming and it gets grit and silt inside it. Great project except for the scavenger hunt for GI parts.

Attached: Tby58RU.jpg (5312x2988, 2.19M)

Who's Dave?

My wife is a professional Jew so she'd be tickled for me to show her an Uzi. I built her a 653 clone a couple years ago.

>My wife is a professional Jew
Does she have big khazar milkers?

Dave Gaboury
uzitalk.com/reference/pages/uzibook.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=qIJXymt7AOY

>Buy a completed lower from McKay
I got one of their A1 style AR lowers and liked it. For the Uzi I want to try a reweld. Semi, obviously.
>Install FA selector block
I don't doubt the necessity, but do you happen to know the relevant statute or fiat ruling that compels it?

Will I need any other semi-only parts besides (closed) bolt and sear (and selector block)?

Thanks, man. I really appreciate the help. For 922(r) parts, which I think I need 4 of, I am looking at:
> receiver
>sear
>bolt
>???

Attached: 43235363_173163753614087_7838416486643001282_n.jpg (480x480, 58K)

Kazer milker status?

Get your own!

Attached: 1_0a2cffb5c040fadc1fd7580aa93bef02.jpg (326x400, 38K)

922r is not something you need to think about
got my selector block from usbarrelshrouds also btw, and I just trust the forum posts that say it's necessary. You can think of the selector block as a 922r part, and that makes it compliant if you care.
Haven't done a reweld because /nowelder/ so I can't touch on that

It's the same as having a third hole. Even more so because even with a semi auto sear it will slam fire if pushed into the full auto position. As far as 922r you can replace the beat to shit grips and have it be compliant but I read that when you sbr it doesn't matter so I'm not stressing about it

Buy a parts kit, receiver, barrel, and front trunnion. That’s what I’m in the middle of

I'm in the middle of a build and the hardest part is finding the shit in stock. All I need is the bolt and striker assembly which has been pre ordered and a barrel after I pony up and sbr it. Could someone give me a quick rundown on filing as an individual vs. A trust?

Attached: 20190831_104547.jpg (2560x1440, 1.4M)

Same user, here’s some pics and links
Here’s my kit, ordered from link related
robertrtg.com/store/pc/DELUXE-UZI-SMG-PARTS-KIT-WOOD-STOCK-161p85.htm

Attached: 6D6E5CAF-D74C-470F-9FE5-54CBBD277046.jpg (2048x1536, 719K)

And here’s everything to complete it, minus tools
ima-usa.com/products/uzi-9mm-full-auto-10-5-inch-barrel-with-non-threaded-muzzle-parkerized-finish-chrome-bore
gunpartscorp.com/products/1141270
robertrtg.com/store/pc/uzi-repair-section-80-receiver-p4277.htm?atc=1&idproduct=4277

Individual? Do E-File and order some fingerprint cards + ink off of amazon
There is an actually helpful reddit post in r/NFA for completing the form

I went through this wanting an illegal gun. So, cheapest parts, open bolt. This is what you need to make a working gun, not a legal one. I have no idea for a semi auto, this is open bolt.
Not a FED, just preparing for them.

I understand. I'm going to keep all my FA parts for when the appropriate time comes to install them.

There was some talk of a selector block above. I figured I'd just weld in a scrap piece of receiver or a washer. It can get cut out at the appropriate time and is one less thing to buy.

I believe a selector block does not count as a 922(r) part. Nor do grips. I don't claim to be an expert. I'm referencing 922r.com. Even with an SBR I want to follow a strict interpretation of 922(r) just to make myself bulletproof for if/when the ATF faggots decide to change their minds.

Your way may vary, and that's ok.

Attached: Untitled72_20190831113107.png (898x628, 623K)

>I'm in the middle of a build and the hardest part is finding the shit in stock.

That's true. I'd rather be in the shop figuring out a solution than shopping for one.

Have you done any work to yours? Outside of a reweld, I'm not sure there's much of any fabrication work involved. The more I study the easier it seems.

Attached: Delta Force 2 Box.gif (297x528, 101K)

So your plan is to fend off payday 2 esque hoards of federal agents with a 9mm? Ok retard

Attached: 1550366464335.png (658x507, 65K)

>ywn slot Palestains with a Shebrew qt
Why even live?

I was thinking about building one since parts kits are cheap but after pricing shit out, semi-bolts being out of stock, I decided to just buy the cheapest UZI I could find. Since these are stupid simple in design there isn't much cant be fixed by an amateur gunsmith.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago and am finally hitting the range with it tomorrow. I already fixed the dust cover gap and lube the shit out of it so really the only things that can go wrong are headspace and failures to feed/eject. The bolt in mine is a converted FA bolt without a firing pin block so I'll see how she goes at the range.

Attached: Century UC9.jpg (2000x1024, 966K)

It's super fucking easy if you use a fully welded receiver. The only "fabrication" I need to do is weld in a stop for the third position. The shim can be bought for 3 dollars. You can convert your FA sear to be semi only but the legality of this is shady so I just bought one.

Attached: JPEG_20190704_193444.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

I'd like to reweld so I can keep the markings and serial number intact.

What's the difference between, for example, a McKay 100% semi receiver and an original IMI full auto receiver?

I like your furniture and retro looking A/V gear.

>What's the difference between, for example, a McKay 100% semi receiver and an original IMI full auto receiver?
Mainly? A blocking bar that prevents installation and use of a FA bolt

No, the tannerite is for that

Plus smaller sear holes.

What he said. You need a blocking bar in the receiver so you can use a slotted bolt to be considered semi auto compliant. Seeing as they have made an arrest due to this I wouldn't fuck with it. And thanks, everything in my house is from based IKEA

guns.com/news/2016/04/02/montana-man-found-guilty-after-trial-in-uzi-parts-case

>At the end of the three-day trial in which included more than seven hours of deliberation by the jury, Wick was found not guilty on all charges but one, a single count of manufacturing and dealing in firearms without a license.

They gave him a good deal. What a retard, though.

The blocking bar seems easy enough to cut out later, should it be appropriate to do so.

>selector block
>receiver blocking bar

Am I missing anything I need to pay attention to in the receiver?

Also still looking for a fourth 922(r) part.

Attached: ep2ufmcbjh221.jpg (540x710, 77K)

>ensure the 8/9mm pin for the lower hinge matches hole on upper
>a fa barrel wont fit into a sa receiver and wont work with a sa bolt
>the ratchet paw on the top cover must be removed
>wooden stocks must be converted to require tools to remove

Also, the century uc9 parts are proprietary and will cause failure to feed problems in a "normal" uzi build

>tfw no uzi-wielding plaid-wearing gf

It's like anything else, man. You've got to built it yourself.

>tfw no IMI Uzi
Buy parts, use tools, jump through hoops, make it work and you'll have something great to enjoy. It won't be perfect but it will be yours.

>tfw no trad Uzi gf
Find a good girl and work on her. Have the Uzi ready. Show her a substantial, stable, slow firing, safe time on both the range and in your relationship and she'll be sold on the idea. You'll have something great to enjoy together.

>uc9 parts are proprietary

The only proprietary part that I am aware of is the firing pin as its a different length compared to other UZI firing pins.

Don't forget the firing pin assembly. I also got my sear from US barrel shroud. As with other SA parts, they sporadically come in stock every few months which was probably the hardest thing about the build

Oh and the barrel needs to be semi too. The SMG barrels won't properly fit in a SA receiver