Buying advice: HK or CZ?

I am picking up my weapons permit on Thursday, and I am suddenly having some last minute uncertainty about which pistol I'm going to bring home first. I've been pretty certain that I was going to end up with a USP Expert, but now I am starting to doubt the price/value and looking at a somewhat less expensive CZ Shadow (both 9mm para)

I shoot primarily at a range at 25 meters, and sports shooting competitions--they're not carry pistols.

So, Jow Forums, which should I buy?

Attached: decision.jpg (600x480, 39K)

Checked, I find CZ is better for shooting at longer ranges. Maybe it is the internal rails

only shot USP45 full and compact, and have and shot compact CZ.
The HK's have more noticeable muzzle flip vs the CZ, but I doubt that would be much a problem for any competent shooter. The full size USP did have a different recoil feel overall, but I guess that chalks up to the double recoil spring.

>I shoot primarily at a range of 25 meters, and in competition

No, you don't. If you could hit a goddamn thing with a handgun at 25 meters you wouldn't be asking this question. Happy to help, but don't make shit up because it's just going to get you mocked. I do like that you put together an image just to start a thread on Jow Forums, though. It's cute.

I need to know what kind of competition you're doing; if you're shooting 9mm it sounds like USPSA is your bag, and USPSA very rarely includes targets at 25+ yards. If you're running action shooting, where speed and accuracy are balanced against each other, a steel-framed pistol is a must, so I recommend a Shadow or at least base CZ75. USPs are great guns, but they're rarely shot in Production at a high level because of the polymer frame just not being heavy enough. There are other great options for Production guns, though, like the Arex Alpha or Q5 Match.

I vote for the CZ, although I think you've unfairly narrowed your options to two. Which fits your hand better? Have you held Walthers? Berettas? Sigs?

OP is 99% European and we all shoot at 25m primarily. No need to talk about combat shooting or IPSC, it's either very exclusive if not outright forbidden here.

Cool. Both handguns are mechanically accurate enough to land good hits out to 25m, so I'd just get a feel for which one fits your hand better. Pistols are some harry potter wand wizard shit; everyone's hands are a different size and shape, so some handguns are going to fit people better than others. If you're not doing combat shooting, then it's 100% which gun points more naturally, has better sights, and fits your hand better.

If possible OP, rent and try both. Go with what you shoot best and is comfy. Not what the guy at the counter or anyone here says. As long as the manufacturer is reputable it should serve well
Beretta
CZ
Walther
HK
Glock
Etc are all great manufacturers with generally quality full size pistols so it comes down more to ergos and your performance.

Get the cheaper CZ and spend more money on ammo for practicing.
Also czech 'em

As correctly guesses, I am living in Europe (though not European).

In general, I have bigger hands and while I've shot USPs in 45 and CZ Kadets in 9mm, I haven't been able to put my hands on the particular pistols in question. I quite liked the feel of the USP45, but there are not so many USPs running around for me to try. Lots of Sigs (too expensive imho) and Glocks and other pistols with shorter barrels which are fun for plinking but I can't generally get enough accuracy out of.

The price difference is about 20 boxes of ammo, so, doesn't really enter into my calculation

I think I'm probably gonna buy the USP and if for whatever reason I don't fall deeply madly in love with it I can always sell it for about the same price later.

>is an asshole and doesn’t believe OP
>gets proven wrong by multiple people
>all’s he says is “cool” when it should be a my bad
Shut the fuck up you retard. Turn your retarded trip off because all people are gonna do it mock YOU. Seriously, only a few people can pull off a trip now days and your unknown ass isn’t one of them you dumb nigger

Yep, USP has more of a cool factor than the Shadow. Snake used it in the tanker chapter.

>OP is 99% European and we all shoot at 25m primarily. No need to talk about combat shooting or IPSC, it's either very exclusive if not outright forbidden here.
Europe is not a country. Here in Finland ipsc and sra are very popular still.

I'm not saying it's not popular but it's not how the vast majority of people are introduced into shooting when they get their gun licence.
In the US you buy a gun and you go to the range doing whatever you want as long as you and other people are safe. In Europe, not the case. And I don't care if it's not a country, it's valid for all western european countries.

>get a piece of german shit or a czech gun that dominated shooting competitions for a decade

what to do... what to do...

get a good gun for everything thats overbuilt or get a gun thats only useful as a rangetoy.
hardchoice

>a gun thats only useful as a rangetoy.
do you actually believe that ?

yes
its a 3lb gun with minor reliability issues at high roundcounts even if you think im full of shit and dont believe the reliablity part its still fucking heavy.
who the fuck would use it as a carrygun?
its trackcar vs daily driver.
shadows a good gun but its overly specialized the things that make it dominate comp make it bad/mediocre for other uses.

>minor reliability issues
if you think changing the 5$ trigger spring every 10k rounds is an issue

>who the fuck would use it as a carrygun?
who the fuck carries a block like the USP?

>shadows a good gun but its overly specialized the things that make it dominate comp make it bad/mediocre for other uses.
like ?

>>shadows a good gun but its overly specialized the things that make it dominate comp make it bad/mediocre for other uses.
>like ?
weight
lack of firing pin block gives it a good triggerpull but now its not dropsafe

you carryfags that constantly drop their guns are the reason politicians want to take away everyone's freedom

is it really that hard to admit that a specialized tool isnt good for everything? i havent even said anything negative about it. being king of the range toys isnt a bad thing.
fucking cz fanboys.

full steel firearms have been the standard for a 100 years
but now steel automatically means it's a toy for the range

and calling a simple CZ Shadow king of the range toys
whew lad