Ywn be a cowboy fighting apache in the dragoon mountains

>ywn be a cowboy fighting apache in the dragoon mountains
Does anyone else have these feels? Also...

>year
>occupation
>gun (has to be time accurate)
>knife
>gear

Attached: Down-the-wash-good-min.jpg (800x800, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTeVqaFpcE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>dragoon mountains
Is that a nice area, user? My parents just bought some land there in the Stronghold area. I'm looking forward to going out there and exploring/shooting. I've been cucked too long at bullshit indoor ranges.

Me
>1868
>AWOL Soilder on the run
>Allin Converted Springfield Rifle
>Cartridge converted Remington Model 1858
>Horn Bill pocket knife
>Shit I stole when I went awol lol

Very hot, but also beautiful

Attached: Rockfellow_Dome_Dragoon_Mts_AZ.jpg (1024x705, 915K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-102408_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 666K)

I have them feels like no other

>crossdraw holster
that cowboy is askin fer trubble

Why is landscape like pic related just so awe inspiring?

Attached: 10866108_867672889972890_583645130033240306_o-1.jpg (1050x466, 376K)

Yea, something like that

When you're on a horse all day you'll find that cross draw is easier.

what book?

Track of the Wolf used to put out these sketchbooks before the internet made people stop having fun.

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-094318_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 531K)

>ywn be an Apache fighting foreign hordes in the dragoon mountains.

Attached: 1386039715793.jpg (950x910, 257K)

>ywn be a settler in the Appalachian frontier fighting indians from your fort

>ywn be the first generation of Texas rangers
>ywn blast Comanche with your colt walkers
It hurts more and more every day bros, this whole state monopoly on violence thing is getting real old. God I hope Jesus burns it all down soon and gives me a few years to fuck around with the boys before I’m too old to be useful

to be totally honest, the apache were mostly non-violent. The major clashes between the two groups (native v european american) involved the US army infantry, not the cavalry as much as is portrayed by Hollywood.

Wear your pistol backwards, and draw with a twist. That's how Hikock did his.

Ideal western fantasy senario :
> 1885 ~ 1895
> farmer on the northern Mexican haciendas, seasonally employed as a vaquero.
> Cheaper .44-40 frontier bulldog
> dagger
> Criollo or similar pony. Undecorated Mexican saddle (wider, flatter horn than a Tejano saddle, often with big trapadores). Maguey rope, polianas, and chanclas. A piloncillo sombrero de paya.

Dinner : frijoles charros (con chipotle y chorizo) y tortillas harinas. Cafe.

Attached: 477c448663315a651916aaeb20c85081.jpg (500x377, 34K)

Because they seem new and exotic to you

I was raised in places like that and I find forests to be magical and amazing

>Want to buy an 1886
>moving and need the money for deposit
GOLDURNIT!

grow cactii native to your area user.
they are, right until you find the poison ivy, which doesn't always look as text would have you think.

Attached: main-qimg-c4db7ce64cf0da89427a230aa79c548c.png (602x431, 585K)

The worst that happens when you stumble on some poison ivy are some Burns, in the desert you can stumble upon a rattler that will literally kill you

Mossberg 464 in 30-30 might be a good substitute, user. It's basically an 1894 winchester, but about $450. even cheaper used.

Attached: tropas_ferrocarril.jpg (1021x800, 154K)

I'm going to dump my cowboy folder, so this is now a cowboy gun thread.
post yeehaw shit.

Attached: vaqueroswithsteer-540pixel.jpg (540x447, 69K)

history lesson : almost everything about cowboys is from northern mexico. examples of words include vaquero/buckaroo, rodeo, ranch, lariet, mesquite, cactus, mustang, pinto, broncho, bosal, concho, sombrero, texano, various state names, remuda, etc.

Attached: bd9aeec78816f8d65ffc918375ae44cf--california-style-horse-paintings.jpg (486x592, 57K)

before Anglo cowpunchers came to Texas, the Comanche, Apache, Mohave, Navajo, etc. did most of their commerce in Spanish. Early Texanos/Texicanos did most of their treaties via Spanish translation.

Attached: 52705fdc899af.image.jpg (500x434, 49K)

most anglo cowboys would cowboy for about 2 years, then have enough saved up to buy land. The hollywood image of the grizzled camp cook is mostly fiction, as most cowboys were under age 25.

Attached: AF8.jpg (1418x1600, 181K)

Virtually ever single vaqueros carried knives, with 'scorpion hilt' or 'rooster hilt' daggers and clip point spanish ancestors to the Bowie being most common. The famous story of James Black's knife was unknown to anyone until Black told the story in his old age, long after anything he said could have been proven. The most likely ancestor to the bowie knife is the spanish folder, or the kentucky hunting knife. Louisiana was under Spanish control in Jim Bowie's lifetime.

Attached: 16de16ec5223cf2ceffbbd26610c8263.jpg (1000x600, 178K)

When it comes to guns, very few vaqueros or anglo cowboys carried them until after the civil war, when surplus supplies made them economical for more people. Before then, any gun you saw was probably a single shot pistol, or a shotgun, normally in caplock. Guns were expensive things, and always have been relative to normal people's income. Cap and ball revolvers from Spain were common in Mexico, and were normally clones of Colts or Remingtons.

Attached: 431014.jpg (500x323, 68K)

The vaquero outfit, called Charro traje, evolved over time, and was never a uniform. The main items are the faja, jaqueta, piloncillo sombrero, pantalones, and mono/bandana. It was often decorated, but the items were simple to make (a mono/bandana, and the faja/sash is literally just a narrow strip of cloth).
The white clothing underneath acted more as a sweat rag, than something to showcase.

Attached: 44aef041585d85213ba24566975afeed.jpg (481x500, 77K)

The protective gear of the vaquero included poliana or chaps, gloves or leather palm wraps, and even parts of the saddle. The tapadores are leather sheets over the stirrup, with protect the feet. Shoes were costly, and many vaqueros only wore sandles/chanclas. The spur was also a form of safety equipment, as it acts like a second pair of hands. The big wheel distributes pressure over a wide area, and cannot be used to actually prod a horse. The buckle goes inwards, so as not to get caught on anything.

Attached: 32.86.jpg (600x765, 91K)

The vaquero lived in a hacienda system, in the ecomida, were he was basically a serf or slave. The "federales" were rural police employed by the patron of the hacienda. They acted like thugs, and anyone found not working fast enough, or early enough, could be convicted of sloth, and publiclly whipped, or sent to the southern plantations, mines, or factories as punishment. This brings us to -

Attached: vaquero-edward-borein.jpg (300x273, 20K)

THE GUNS OF THE MEXICAN REVOLUTION!

The revolution was a series of factions fighting for different causes, with the two main ones being agricultural and labor reform (under Generales Franciso 'Pancho' Villa of the Northern Division, and General Emilliano Zapata, the Tiger of the Southern Division).
The Revolution was mostly lead by rich men wanting power for their own pet factions and business interests in Mexico City. The entire war was a series of political consessions, and armed rebellions against or for those consessions in the wake of a power vacuum left when the decades long dictator, General Diaz, left office.

Attached: fcf568b0213eb9276a57bf6400f3b862.jpg (736x972, 102K)

tell next about the lancers please. and the scalps.

Attached: 1306288594685.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I think this is from the battle of Tijuana. Notice the man to the left holding a Savage. Now these are expensive guns, but back then they were still fighting for a share of the market in a world dominated by shotguns.

The 30-30 was the dominate rifle chambering, with Villa and Zapata giving orders to get as many rifles in 30-30 as possible for the sake of standardization and ease of access to ammo via the border. The biggest rifle maker by far was Winchester. Then Savage and Marlin. There's even a folk ballad called "Carbina Trienta-Trienta". It was WWI that gave the hunting world a taste for rifles over shotguns, but it was the Mexican revolution that made the 30-30 the prefered choice of calibers for generations.

Attached: 145211-004-988ECD9C.jpg (550x321, 31K)

The use of handguns was very limited, and most guns were in .44-40, not 45. Villa's personal revolver, a Colt Bisley was in such, as was his gold plated Remington he got after the war. General Zapata had a Smith and Wesson break open. Shown is a Remington Contract gun, very common in the use of Federales and some Federal Army officers.
Remington's role in the militaries of the world cannot be overstated. Even the Vatican was armed with custom Remington rolling block rifles.

Attached: Model_18nn_P25_2.png (1148x586, 378K)

Based Pancho Villa

>ywn become a Cristero and stand up for the faith in defiance of the conniving Freemasons in gubbmint who seek to destroy everyone and everything you hold dear
Oh wait...

Attached: glory_a.jpg (928x523, 154K)

The guns of the Government were mostly German, with Mauser rifles being prefered. French handguns, germany handguns, and American pistols were all in use. Maxim and Vickers machine guns used in WWI were used.

Attached: cowboys.jpg (600x400, 102K)

Which almost all came from European Spanish culture. Stop trying so hard my little Aztec Mongoloid savage mutt.

The image of the pistol toting bandit with a big mustache, bandoleers, and charro traje is mostly the work of American cartoonists mocking Generals Villa and Zapata after Villa attacked the US city of Columbus in retaliation for US support of the series of Federal dictators.
This picture of a soldier is one of the biggest peices of evidence for US backing of the Mexican dictators. That's a Springfield copy of an Enfield rifle, probably taken off a dead federal soldier.

Attached: ADELITAS1.jpg (475x640, 54K)

Mexican culture is a blend of different peoples, including Indio, and European. The world of the rancheras, and their unique blend of cultures, and evolution and styling is native to Northern Mexico.

Attached: sep09_shooting_from_hip_250.jpg (600x400, 75K)

I'm putting together a team

Attached: judge_holden_by_adamshoots-d7l9zcr.jpg (788x990, 422K)

Rurales.

Attached: Rurales.04.jpg (2869x1548, 832K)

>Does anyone else have these feels?

Fuck no. I'd love to get that wide open, untamed wildness feel, but I wouldn't face off against Indians for anything. Go to sleep one night and wake up to your throat getting cut or them scalping you? Hell naw.

a 'Frontier Bulldog". The webley bulldog was cloned across Europe, mostly Belgium and northern France, but the Ibara region of Spain had a gun making tradition for a long time as a cottage industry. This form of revolver was mostly .44-40, and often imported directly into Vera Cruz, or sold in catalogs as a 'cowboy gun.' Spanish clone guns were very popular in Mexico.

Attached: 1-gun-auctions-09.25.2014-154-3.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (900x541, 411K)

You know I hear about how native americans lanced people but it couldn't have been much of a thing post civil war right. I'm pretty sure they mostly switched to firearms at that point right?

Another Spanish clone on the bottom, this one is of a Colt, shown above. Most civilian colts were with 5.5inch barrels or 4.75 inches. The 7.5 models were almost always military contracted.

Attached: nada-768x509.jpg (768x509, 68K)

I'm not really paying attention. But are you talking about the mexican revolution? All americans are taught about it is that poncho villa led it and it was bloody and terrible. Also that bandits coming over to the states were such a problem that we sent an expedition against poncho villa that was unsuccessful.

>to be totally honest, the apache were mostly non-violent.
Mother fucker apaches were such a problem that the mexican goverment were paying for scalps of the fuckers.

>I have killed many Mexicans; I do not know how many, for frequently I did not count them. Some of them were not worth counting. It has been a long time since then, but still I have no love for the Mexicans. With me they were always treacherous and malicious.

—Geronimo, My Life: The Autobiography of Geronimo, 1905.

I think that the last half year of his break out he killed like 500 mexicans through raids.

now don't misunderstand. I'm not saying that natives weren't heavily oppressed. They were and in hindsight they didn't deserve what they got, but they were still very brutal and the western world wasn't just going to sit back and let stuff like that happen.

Here's just a few raids from victorio's war
>Lloyd's Ranch, 32.57°N 107.44°W, October 10–12, 1879. Victorio raided the ranch, present day Nutt, New Mexico, and killed four armed civilians in a rescue party; on October 12 he killed five of another rescue party (among its members was gunfighter John Ringo). The civilians abandoned the goods in a wagon train to the Apaches.[19]
>
Rio Grande Valley, 32.86°N 107.29°W (approximate), March 1880. War parties sent out by Victorio raided with impunity settlements along the Rio Grande for livestock, supplies, and ammunition, killing at least 20 civilians. The cavalry, having lost many horses, rested and resupplied during the month and prepared to take on an expanded campaign against Victorio.[28]
>Alma, 33.38°N 108.90°W, April 28, 1880. His forces divided into several war bands, Victorio raged through the rugged Mogollon Mountains, killing a reported 41 civilians, including the Alma Massacre.[31]
>
Fort Quitman, 31.03°N 105.35°W (approximate), August 10, 1880. Returning to Mexico, Victorio attacked a stagecoach and killed the driver and wounded a passenger, James. J. Byrne, a general during the American Civil War. Byrne died a few days later.[39]
This is from just one war. Of course there was stuff like this happening on both sides, but to say apache's rarely raided is false as shit. Raiding was a part of all native american... actually ALL tribal culture. It was how warfare was conducted.

Yes, I am talking about the Mexican Revolution. General Francisco 'Pancho' Villa was a major reformist commander in Northern Mexico. Because rich Americans were losing money on their stakes in the Mexican ecomida system, the revolution was demonized as being lead by bandits. When Villa attacked Columbus, the US sent in the US army under General Pershing. After around a year or more of searching, they never saw even one Villista soldier. Villa shamed the US.

mostly non-violent. Geronimo was a big outlyer. Most Apache today see him as a shameful figure who cost the Apache people a lot, all for his personal vendeta.

here is an abunch of Mexican knives.

Attached: 10696850_1.jpg (1024x682, 42K)

The biggest enemy on the great plains was the Comanche. They were the biggest slave trading tribe, and would often kidnap Mexican children.

a few more revolution pictures, then i'm out.

Attached: 2Soldaderas-walking-next-to-a-Zapatista-army-ca.-1914.jpg (1177x1403, 523K)

I'm guessing you're apache. I'm not making a judgement against the apache people of today. In fact I whole heartily believe in the adage "one man's freedom fighter is another mans terrorist". History is gray I don't think Geronimo is good or bad any more than I think The US or Mexican government are good or bad. It is what it is.

Most of the Tijuana Revolutionary forces were American Anarchists.

They won, too.

Attached: magonistas_mexicanos_en_tijuana_1911.jpg (720x400, 50K)

Attached: 368535b6e3b3d67318fc2fed9024de6b.jpg (480x736, 40K)

*one man's Terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

my mistake

Attached: caz-ebano04.jpg (298x418, 26K)

Were they still using these by the time of the mexican revolution? The old cap and ball pistols?

Attached: 79e4867bf4c4d052da7153399a85adba.jpg (736x442, 112K)

Attached: 1567849133501.jpg (533x830, 132K)

>1866, just after the war
>buffalo hunter and army scout
>Henry rifle
>Colt 1851 on belt, pair of Remington 1858s on pommel holster
>D guard Bowie that I carried when I wore the gray
>civilian pants and shirt, Confederate great coat and belt, fancy hat with a feather in it

Attached: 8628b11aa57048dbf51bdffb0b96d9f5.jpg (690x960, 122K)

Do those look like cap and ball to you user?

Yes, but rarely. Most revolutionaries did not own guns personally, and were issued them when they joined. Soldiers not on the front lines carried what they could. This picture could have been staged, but if not, is an example of a soldier with a muzzleloader.

Attached: Soldadera-235x300.jpg (235x300, 26K)

Yea maybe, but they really don't have the cool factor of roughing it in the desert, hiding in the mountains waiting in ambush.

A+

a family of peones at their home on the hacienda. Poverty was, and is, crushing in many parts of Mexico.

Attached: MX15011268526350.jpg (720x520, 93K)

not those specifically but he was talking about earlier how they used cap and ball pistols.

Good, but how are you going to be a buffalo hunter with a henry in 1866? You'll probably need a sharps or a 2nd Allin Converted Springfield. That's what they actually used back in the day.

and one last one of General Zapata, the champion of agricultural reformation. The Tiger of the South.
Thanks for not complaining about me banditoing your thread, OP. Adios.

Attached: 9cda24b12dd57f06491d040f8c5afd6f.jpg (722x1024, 78K)

That's ok. U did bean it up, but it was at least on topic.

Several people used Henrys and Winchesters in the day. In fact, it was against a guy who used a Henry that Buffalo Bill got his name. The 2 were both named Bill and wanted to settle who would win the name Buffalo so they had a competition to see who could kill the most. The famous Buffalo Bill won using his .50-70, but the loser with his Henry still killed quite a few that day.
Also
>army scout
Firepower is more important than power when fighting Indians.

you sure it wasn't a winchester 76?

Where can I get dem pants guys? That fit is elite

Pretty goddamn sure since this took place in the 1860s
>Cody and another hunter, Bill Comstock, competed in an eight-hour[15] buffalo-shooting match over the exclusive right to use the name, which Cody won by killing 68 animals to Comstock's 48.Comstock, part Cheyenne and a noted hunter, scout, and interpreter, used a fast-shooting Henry repeating rifle, while Cody competed with a larger-caliber Springfield Model 1866

they're just skinny fit, and were probably tailored to him. Most vaquero just wear jeans or khakis/chinos they can afford.
You can find western specific wear at larger western specific store, eg. Shepler's, Booty City, Cavender's, etc. But if you want actual charro/vaquero stuff from Mexico designed for ranch use, you have to go to a charreada supply house. Charreada is Jalisco rodeo, but is now Mexico wide, with big extensions in the US. There are 2 kinds of Mexican rodeo riders : charros en charro traje, and vaqueros, in jeans and texanos. The charros are like historical reenactors, and the vaqueros are normal people who do ranch work, or just own a horse or have a friend who owns one.
Most charreadas are about horsemanship and roping, unlike American rodeos which are more about barrel racing and that weird european dressage stuff.
oh, and a texano is a cowboy hat. most are straw, and like $20 bucks. in this picture, charros doing shit, and vaqueros in the back.

Attached: main-qimg-e02485cf350ae063232e4f62e3ed75c4-c.jpg (870x500, 186K)

How do I dress like this?

read the post above you, and here

Thanks I guess

I have a JM Marlin .30-30, but I need a JMB .45-70 Gov repeater in my life.

>Oh my God.

Attached: 20190410_172235.jpg (720x711, 354K)

>youll never bushwhack settlers in 1600s appalachia and take their master race women as sex slaves

Attached: 7DD0CF35-76B0-47AC-9D30-5992C31558E4.jpg (301x483, 32K)

>1901
>Railroad Engineer
>1900 Pattern Luger
>Small pocket knife
>An oil fired 4-8-0

Attached: Southern Pacific #2847.jpg (900x707, 101K)

>tfw you follow a dude wearing a Chinese hat and riding a mule into battle against a bunch of Apaches striking from a hidden base in the mountains
>tfw you have some Apache scouts from another band that have a beef with the guys that you're looking for
>tfw you corner them in their secret base cave, sneaking up on them unnoticed with your other-Apachebros
>tfw they refuse to surrender and you btfo them so hard that people get pissed at you 100 years later for killing the fuck out of them while only letting them get one other-Apachebro
>tfw one guy escapes and yells at you from a peak, but your sharpshooter picks him off with his Sharps rifle
>tfw you take 25% of them prisoners but other-Apachebros stay behind to finish off anyone in the cave that isn't dead with rocks to the head and shit
>tfw a few weeks later, you btfo the Apache so hard that you get a 57-0 K/D and the Apaches finally give up
>tfw your Commanding officer feels guilty about btfoing the Apaches so hard that he dedicates the remainder of his career advocating for fair treatment for the people he fought
>tfw he gets ostracized because Geronimo and his buddies' ISIS-tier raids are published far and wide.
>tfw nobody bothered to bury the bodies from that first secret base battle until years later and there are still scattered bones remaining there to this day.

The Apache Wars were fucking savage.

Attached: George_Crook_at_turret_peak.jpg (300x365, 34K)

injunbro holding out for boogaloo to relive the good ole days of scalping whiteoids and taking the good looking women as slaves. If any NDfriends get into a firefight with a fat shirtless indian with war paint start shouting Jow Forums memes and we can be larp buddies together

I love how commies all masturbate to the Union army because muh darkies, and then completely ignore what most of these guys go on to do to the redskins

The white man's insulin is gonna stop when the lights go off, chief.

>posting about being at the lawless frontier or a warzone from your comfy cushion
You faggots understand there are still lawless frontiers and warzones? Understand that you wouldn't have been at them THEN, you'd be writing letters about being Arthurian knights or some shit because every age has stay-at-home babbies moaning wistfully over historic pictures?

>commies all masturbate to the Union army
Except they don't and you've fapped yourself into an alternative universe.

Fuck off faggot

Attached: douchecanoe.jpg (720x960, 46K)

>all commies masturbate to the Union
>one photo of one commie with a Burnin Sherman shirt

(OP)

>ywn be a cowboy fighting apache in the dragoon mountains

On a related note, if you want to watch a good western about Apache I highly recommend Ulzana's Raid. Its surprisingly brutal and accurate and has some really interesting tactics that Jow Forums should appreciate.

youtube.com/watch?v=UTeVqaFpcE4

Attached: Ulzana's Raid.jpg (666x1000, 176K)

>#notallmarxists
They aren't individuals.
Get fucked pinko, coming into a cowboy thread to spew vitriol at 2:30 innamorning

>spew your vitriol
You're the schizo who came into a cowboy thread to screech about commies

bump

pirating it right now. I've been looking for a good western but the only recommendations I can find are all the same 10 films over and over again. You don't happen to have more do ya?

>IWN be a store owner and inn keeper in Injun Territory with my beautiful Cherokee bride, a thriving town established after my name.

Attached: 13567589_133437911607.jpg (300x418, 52K)

ywn work for judge holden the mad man :(

The part about tying the ponies together to trick their pursuers. That was slick as hell