Examples of something being replaced by something objectively inferior

>examples of something being replaced by something objectively inferior

7.62x25 being replaced with 9x18

Attached: 9x18mm-makarov-6700.jpg (366x400, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPS_submachine_gun
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

Look at that tiny ass neck on the left. How bad did 7.62 tok suffer from split case mouths when feeding?

FAL being replaced by the SA80

1911 being replaced my M9

9x18 meant easier mass production.

Plus the PM is so fucking controllable abd accurate.

m9 being replaced by that sig piece of shit

RPD being replaced with RPK. The RPK may be easier to train troops and streamline the learning process on, but weapon for weapon the RPD is a better weapon.

Attached: lct_rpk_vs_rpd_l.jpg (700x500, 74K)

with good brass it isn't an issue, with cheap surplus brass from 1960s Poland loaded hotter than a tactical nuke and put down a chamber looser than a hallway, it happens. Just buy new production, shoot that, then load your own. Surplus is all corrosive anyway.

Yea but the soviets literally fucked themselves out of a SMG round. Granted SMG's had taken a backseat compared to WW2, but they didnt have anything comparable to a MP5 at all in their arsenal.

Armies don’t need smgs

Chechnya made some 9x18 SMGs.

tfw when own guns in each caliber

tfw too intelligent to communicate with gun plebs anymore

Is this a thinly veiled circumcised vs uncircumcised thread?

>the chechnyans who didnt have boat loads of stolen gear made shitty smgs off of makarov frames

And yet they're still a subject of Russia...

Attached: 1364824310956.jpg (332x291, 26K)

There is already a thread up about why 7.62x25 Tokarev was replaced.

The AK rendered Russian SMGs useless in warfare, and everyone realized after WWII that pistols are shit and only useful as something used to fight your way to a rifle, and for intimidating/executing prisoners. Why continue to manufacture the more expensive Tokarev when you can manufacture the cheap Makarov which had the simpler blowback mechanism which needed a lower power round to function safely and reliably. Rear line units were no longer issued pistols and SMGs but AK with folding stocks. Keep in mind that a folded PPS is longer than a folded AK.

I shoot Yugo surplus that's hotter than the Polish stuff but has better brass. Out of the nearly 3,000 rounds I've shot I've never had a split casing.

THIS!

.45 being replaced by 9mm replaced by 10mm and then replaced by .40 only to be replaced again by 9mm. big lmao

Polish stuff was notoriously bad. Yugo ammo in general is going to be good stuff.

Attached: 1344921597503.jpg (1600x1200, 1.07M)

>folded pps longer than folded ak

No.

Why? It weights more, can't use rifle mags as far as I know and was inferior to the kalash design.

Mag fed lmgs for a squad level always fucking suck, we keep trying them then find out belt feds do the job better. It's a cyclic thing because armies keep trying the idea thanks to ease of logistics until a major conflict breaks out and you see a mass dumping of the standard ar but with a bipod and more mags.

>far inferior design

What? It’s essentially the same design as any open bolt LMG. They were simple (not as simple as a rpk) and reliable.

Truly this shows that 9x18 is the greatest smg caliber ever.

shut up for a second cum brain. the ppsh41 got shitcanned when the pps43 came out, and while they kept churning both out for war production that's because it was war time and they need to throw something no matter how shit into the soldiers hands.

the tokarev was complex and required more labor and man hours to make than a makarov. the lower pressure round meaning less moving parts and an easier to churn out pistol for the mass conscripts for the next war which if you have any functioning neurons left was thought to be an even bigger war than the one against the germans. though since you posted this exact thread not even a day ago you probably don't care that the tokarev is inferior as an conscript army pistol
fuck off already or change your spam because this flavour is getting old.
and don't fucking start with the SMG bullshit Russia considered and still considers the AKM as a submachinegun in their tactics and strategems.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
FOLDED LENGTH 645 MILLIMETERS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPS_submachine_gun
FOLDED LENGTH 615 MILLIMETERS
THE AK IS BETTER THAN A SHITTY OPEN BOLT SMG BECAUSE BETTER FOOT POUNDS ENERGY, BETTER EFFECTIVE FIRING DISTANCE, BETTER EVERYTHING

shut the fuck up

7.62x25 fills a niche no government department needs assuming you have the money to specialize.

>Snappy in an officer's handgun
>Doesn't offer enough benefit over specialty loads of 9x18/19 to warrant the extra cost
>Not ideal in a room-clearing context, since it's loud and penetrates excessively
>Inferior to intermediate cartridges in any outdoor use
>Did I mention that it was expensive?

The Soviet Union (soon to be the federation) developed 9x39 for a reason, and it's entirely superior to 7.62x25 in all contexts, assuming you leave the handgun portion out of the equation.

Thats because all yugo shit is premium, even by western standards. They sell all kinds of rare ammo too.

>9x18 meant easier mass production.

They produced so much 7.62mm ammunition during WW2 that they can make warehouses out of it in one day.

you know what. i'm gonna apologize here real quick. there's a lot worse people out there than the guys who post caliber war threads, and i admit i'm angry at a douchebag irl and i got a little touchy there.
OP i don't care if you repost this everyday just do it with a smile and for fun not to make bait and get anons flustered.
I'm sorry for getting terse in my comment.
but i meant what i said about 7.62x39. it's a better and cheaper to make round than 7.62x25 which doesn't age well. if you've ever bought or shot surplus of both the x25 bullets have a terrible case of thin cases which crack and break after firing, whereas the thicker x39 casings can be reloaded if you drill out the boxer primer and are more durable.
simply put the AK was the next step in the Submachinegun line for the Russians. in fact the Americans when they first encountered AKs didn't know whether to classify them as SMGs or Assault Rifles because of the compact profile and rather short bullet compared to full sized rifles at the time.

These,

7,62x25 was basically hotroded 7,63 mauser ammo, it's a decent caliber for :
Large combat handguns
ISPC type race guns (albeit inferior to other ISPC type caliber such as 38SA 10mm 9x25 dillon)
SMG & PCC
but out of theses there are not a lot of tok race guns, and SMGs are obsolete...

CZFK 7,5mm is basically the same concept :
overloaded supersonic bottlenecked cartridge that no one will buy because LOLSNAPPY...

>>examples of something being replaced by something objectively inferior
Were not allowed to talk about migration outside of Jow Forums

>>Did I mention that it was expensive?

>9x39 for a reason, and it's entirely superior to 7.62x25 in all contexts
9x39 is the most expensive of them all.

Attached: 1553048740111.jpg (446x598, 20K)

for the massive benefits offered over 7.62x25 in its desired role, the extra cost is worth it. Meanwhile 7.62x25 has no meaningful advantage over 9x18 from a post-WWII perspective OR 9x39 from a fairly modern perspective.

9x18 is an objectively better pistol/PDW round than 7.62x25.

> t. Has never fired either

Attached: Screenshot_20190915-110302_YouTube Vanced.jpg (2220x1080, 530K)

They are practically the same length folded, and at that point it doesn't make any sense to take the SMG over the assault rifle.

Attached: 1568499773395m.jpg (1024x1024, 287K)

So you proved that a pps is in fact shorter?

>t. Own both

Granted the RPD is a closed bolt semi so it’s way more complex, but in its original open bolt configuration it was extremely simple.

Attached: D6A1F0BC-FBE0-41BF-A55E-53C9B1448A31.jpg (768x1024, 424K)

>buying semi beltfed

cuck

There was some problem with the image you posted of the full auto beltfeds you own, it strangely isn't showing up.

AR 10 being replaced with the AR 15

Is there even one country that actually did this? Hardly anyone even adopted the AR-10 in the first place, and I was under the impression they were generally replaced with other 7.62 battle rifles before 5.56 became popular.

>For what purpose, Kiwis? Enjoy the QC issues

Attached: A80DD103-F77A-4056-984D-ECFF25338C59.jpg (958x639, 92K)

LMT?

>examples of something being replaced by something objectively inferior

Attached: 1524851028674.jpg (653x951, 355K)

back when i had my cz52 I would routinely get cracked empties, shooting old mil surp back when it was cheap.
Miss that gun some days, wish someone would make a modern double stack in that caliber.

This
>Invent SAW in 1944
>Drop it for a bigger AK
This still baffles me

It’s not as crazy as the US doing the same retarded shit 40 years after the soviets did it.

True, especially since the US will use standard capacity magazines (IIRC).

Supposedly they are swapping over to 60rd surefire mags I believe.

The ITAR is even worse in regards to a suppression weapon because it’s so accurate, it doesn’t have the same spread that a SAW does.

The AK was their submachine gun by that point.

Attached: 1313926699539.jpg (309x399, 23K)

RPD
>Exposed has piston
>100 round non disintegrating linked belts
>16.8 lbs
>RoF 650-750 rpm
RPK
>Beefier AKM with enlongated barrel
>20- 30- 40-round stock magazines with a 75 round drum magazine.
>10.6 lbs
>RoF 600 rpm
It’s clear that the RPK is a better support weapon than the RPD.

wasn't it a clever way to make the congress allow them to buy new rifles without oficially requesting for new rifles?

>exposed piston

So does pretty much every LMG

No as in the piston head is literally exposed to the outside world

m16 getting replaced by the m4

>what the fuck is wrong with you?
7.62 tok is just 7.63 mauser (mauser c96). already replaced by the superior 9mm luger.

commies were already using inferior shit.

NATO has 7.62x51mm while Ruskiestan has the old ass rimmed 7.62x54 mosin round.

Only for about a quarter inch gap. It’s not continually exposed.

9x18 is the perfect PDW.

Attached: 99F76B4E-967E-4734-890E-2A02A78BFA83.jpg (2940x1939, 1.03M)

RPK is better. RPD fires from an open bolt with no semi auto functionality

Tried shooting that yet?

Yes

Yea surprisingly it’s had no malfunction in 250rd.

Who cares about semi in a LMG? Open bolt also is prevents cool offs and helps with cooling.

Nigga, 1/4” gap will still have, sand, dirt, and other debris enter the system and foul the damn thing up.

54r is just as good as .308. Yes the rim makes it harder to work with, however Russian small arms have had no issues getting it to work in whatever role they want.

>just as good
>harder to work with

wut?

This is wrong, the 1911 should have been replaced by the Hi Power in the 50s.

Generally harder to make magazines that take rimmed cartridges that aren't single stack. Bolt face has to be larger, rim has to be accounted for when feeding, ect. The pkm and svd both deal with rimmed cartridges very well. Same with the Bren, and Lahti m26

The Hi Power being replaced by anything.

The M27 replacing the idea of the M16A5.

>people born after 2001

>US doing the same retarded shit 40 years after the soviets did it.
Nope, the whole 416 saga is just a ploy for new rifles for the muhreens.

>accuracy makes a gun worse
stupid

I've got a large spam can of Polish surplus. That shit splits necks every third round out of my M57. Also its shoots hotter than a nuclear bomb. Straight up fireballs coming out of the muzzle.

9x18 is legendary for its poor effectiveness, especially coupled with the glorious single-stack Makarov magazine. The only reasons 9x18 was ever adopted are:
1)It's cheap
2)Simple blowback pistols are cheap
3)To prevent anti-Soviet rebels/Soviet citizens to easily acquire ammo for their battlefield pickup PPSh (that's why 7,62x25 was dropped) and MP-40s (that's why 9x19 wasn't adopted like in every other country in the world)

I'm not sure if you wouldn't be served better by an entrenching tool or trench club than a Makarov.

Faggot

You're shooting bad ammo. The powder is probably degraded, increasing the pressure, and it's most certainly a poor idea to shoot ammo you know is going to split.

Shoot commercial, roll your own.

Yes it does in the role of a SAW.

>called an assault rifle
>designed like an assault rifle
>used like an assault rifle
>yet it is a submachine gun
i hate this meme more than any other

Any weapon used by the army back then no matter the caliber that had a barrel length shorter than 16” was considered a sub-machine gun logistically and in doctrine.

It replaced the need for submachine guns. Submachine guns were only used because they were handy and controllable on full auto. Assault rifles did the same and were more effective.

It's not a "meme" you retard. Read some history about military small arms doctrine and you'd understand it. The term "assault rifle" wasn't established yet.

Attached: 1374662852727.jpg (127x122, 5K)

Yes

The 7.5 FK appears to be successor to 7.62x25. Though for now it's only use is in a overly expensive gun.

see ak74u

>objectively inferior
>7.62x25 being replaced with 9x18
>objectively

"Objectively" most people have never been shot and the shock of anything larger than 22LR will have a larger role in effectiveness than the consideration of stopping power.

>inb4; "but my Tokarev is the ultimate machine and nothing will ever be better"

that smg is pretty kino

>seeding thread with hyperchan