/gq/ - gear queer

Then I Freaked it Edition

>General guide
pastebin.com/9WAeRYA8

Previous:

Attached: 1540326072403.png (1200x944, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EP4xxbr
youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI
instructables.com/id/How-to-Tie-a-Swiss-Seat/
discord.gg/JTRpRXS
govplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips?sm=0&anyType=1&mf=1#sm=0&c=4526&mf=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

discord.gg/EP4xxbr

>when the weirdo up the street orders metal legos from a shady chinese auction site

Attached: 4343.jpg (4032x3024, 2.91M)

old carrier has reached the end of it's life
I'm looking for a new plate carrier with built in soft armor cummerbund
i already have large ESAPI so i need to space for both the plates and the soft armor

i like the Mayflower ACP but those shoulder straps look too narrow for the neck of any human over 160lbs

the only problem i have with the JPC is the cummerbund can't hold soft armor without extra pouches

what other carriers should i look at?

>pic is what i am trying to replace
a Diamondback Tactical FAPC
not my pic though

Attached: diamondback.jpg (490x368, 225K)

Just buy the side plate pouches for the JPC? How is that any diffferent? Most carriers don't come with built in soft armor anymore because it's dumb to have non-replaceable soft armor.

throw some different strap covers on the APC and run it

the way i see it i'm gonna be mounting stuff there anyway, so i'd rather mount things like my ifak directly to a cummerbund and not to another pouch on a cummerbund. it may not be the case with the JPC and it's side armor pouches, but pouches on pouches has never worked out well for me
and if i'm gonna have a "regular" cummerbund and not a "skeletonized" one it may as well offer some protection

>reposted from the old thread

it looks like the straps are too far inward, they look like they'd rub the neck regardless of the pads i used

I know I’m biased cause I use the damn thing but I’m 6’ 190lbs and it sits on my traps pretty comfortably. I used to worry the straps on the 6094 would be weird too but it turns out I like that angle.
More OHP?
>h-how could more than one person hate bronies? This is an outrage!

Attached: C5A94433-A131-424B-B0E2-2E41ACEAD0F7.jpg (1000x640, 510K)

The JPC side plate pockets attach to an inner layer of PALS allowing unobstructed use of pouches over it, the Spiritus does as well. But if you're dead set on it; Velsyst Scarab has a variant with an armor pocket cummerbund, Mayflower APC MBAV cut is the same as the APC but has broader shoulder straps, Velsyst LWPC, and most First Spear carriers including the STT.

Attached: side.jpg (887x576, 54K)

>implying I don't hate bronies
Bronies have nothing to do with samefagging either.

thankyou, I'll look into those options

sell me trauma supplies BBG

No one was samefagging you idiot

I'm about to modernize my set up and get a split Tactical Tailor MAV, I've seen only a single review on it though the guy did specify it can go over a slick PC. Whats your opinion? It'll be about $200 in stuff I dont have including the rig itself plus some other MOLLE compatible pouches I have. I've got Botach lvl IV ceramic plates if it matters, I just dont want to look like the Michelin man or have the buckles burst on me.

I got a buddy in the army that can give me some free shit from supply.

What should I ask for

Grenades

Looks like a prop in a game that hasn't rendered yet

I don’t sell. I supply. Drop a burner.
It’s fantastic. I love it.

Attached: 3C6FE40E-5268-4BB5-8EDE-1F083FE04644.jpg (1969x2048, 785K)

Do surplus climbing harnesses work well for rock climbing gyms?

Trying to make it so I only need to buy a belay to climb regularly with surplus gear use a rappaling carabineer for gloves to plate carrier when not on belay

Do you wear it with a PC under it?

never buy used/surplus safety equipment
buy new

Rig over slick is kinda ass.

I just bought it all explain yourself

[email protected] Im in Canada

NODs and go directly to jail, do not pass go.

It slides around and is relatively unsecured, which leads to discomfort. X-harnesses also generally chafe the neck more than others.

Whatever happened to FAPCs? They were the hot operator shit when I was serving, but now they dont even get mentioned. People still talk about RAVs and RRVs even though they're old af, but its like FAPCs never existed.

Because the company died. RAVs are still talked about by collectors and airsofters because of Delta clout. RRVs were a lot more common since it was in the SFLCS, MLCS, and etc packages. It's also just a simple chest rig that's still relevant design wise while the FAPCs is actually outdated on the carrier market

Interested too
[email protected]

Tie a Swiss seat and have the rappelmaster clear it.
Yeah, it depends.
You can mitigate that with routing your straps through shoulder pads and your waist strap under the rear flap.
It’s easiest to do with front clip rigs cause you don’t have to take it off between doffings.
Forgive the old pic

Attached: 1E0743C9-FA20-4453-983B-63DC3804BA1D.jpg (640x1136, 613K)

Magazines

Small, consumable, not serial numbered, decent resale value,

Please rate and hate

Context:
>noguns
>heavy metal brain damage
>live in calistan
>unlikely to pass background check

Preparing for any stupidity/looting that may happen 2020, literally so poor considering the floor tile/denim plate route since I don’t have to worry about carrying ammo. Also IFAK is scavenged from Toyota first aid kit like most of the pieces on my “kit”

Attached: F0DB391D-1BA1-4D83-B9B0-761D9881B6C7.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

Newfag here, I read the guide but I still feel retarded. Do any of the plate carrier brands on there sell a carrier for under 100? I want a black molle one with 90s oper8r vibes

I got one brand new a few years ago. Very well made carrier

Attached: DBT Fast Attack.jpg (2907x4903, 3.34M)

you sub 100$ plate carrier will be garbage airsoft tier. that's why there's non on the pastebin. the closest you can get is like a GGG Minimalist.

I’m aware of how cheap this looks and it is, nearly 100% scavenged from dumpsters and garage sales, yes the IFAK has no tourniquets or gloves. Very much a work in progress, want to add armor but you see my price range. Just trying to be a little prepared and not lose what little I got

Attached: 0712820B-7E75-49DB-BE31-0952B295A0B9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.37M)

At a non existent price point like yours I would skip the plates, try and stay mobile and just don't get shot
Best investment would be some lightweight hiking boots you can run in
You could try mixing in surplus store gear but you would lose the normie greyman asthetic you have going so I don't think it would be worth it

Buy a black powder cap and ball revolver in .44 with a steel frame (this costs like $250ish) or a .50 caliber muzzleloader ($170) and you're good to go. Don't wear floor tile armor, wear running shoes and avoid conflict. If you're that poor you're already probably as set on personal gear as you'll ever be minus some type of black powder weapon. Just make sure you're ready to go with warm clothes, some food, some water, a source of fire, and possibly another, bigger knife.

Just over 100, that's badass. Thanks user

The knife is literally just a chopped filet knife cause it’s less than a pound. Really going for a minimum weight rig. What are the laws about carrying a black powder double barrel around? This is normie ville soccer mom Cali headquarters after all

Attached: A99F427B-B8F0-4D0C-B844-72649E20C645.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

If it's loaded, it's the same as a normal shotgun. You won't find a cheap black powder double barrel though, they're surprisingly expensive. It's something I'd look into for SHTF earthquake scenarios and shit. You don't even have to carry it around.

>no Mein Kampf
user I...

They have black powder shotgun pistols like pic related but for the price you could get 2 revolvers

Attached: s7_216598_imageset_02.jpg (400x276, 26K)

>Swiss sea
What is a Swiss seat?

>Rogue Warrior:Green Team
Based. I don’t read fiction but when I do it’s Marcinko

Sent
Find a STOP THE BLEED class near you and email me

STOP THE BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

crye precision JPC or shellback tactical banshee 2.0 elite pc?
from reviews and stuff ive been reading they both look to be pretty high quality
the JPC seems to be focused on being lightweight and minimalist as possible, while the shellback seems to be focused on being as comfy as possible and has a lot of 'built in' stuff
fair assessment?

thoughts?

i want a plate carrier for SHTF

Was thinking about buying some of that SADF kit Kommandostore has in stock rn, would it be worth my cash, or is it memes only?

>the FAPCs is actually outdated
In what way?

If you must nigger-rig armor then follow this manlet's lead:
youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI

Mayflower APC
What do you need it to do? If it’s a “look” thing then buy it. If you just want something to carry mags and some med, look elsewhere. What’s your budget?

Attached: 73EACB8A-25CD-449D-B918-EB22A9CA0F28.jpg (768x1024, 156K)

>What is a Swiss seat?
Literally a harness that you improvise out of rope or webbing:
instructables.com/id/How-to-Tie-a-Swiss-Seat/

The Banshee is a $120 carrier being sold for $300. It's a mediocre design compared to other carriers of similar price point. There is nothing about it that makes it "comfier" than any other carrier, if anything, it's lacking in that department.
Lack of elastic, stretch, bulk where it doesn't need to be, awkward early cummerbund design, excess fabric, and non-removable soft armor right off the top of my head. FAPC was cool in the days of the Eagle MBAV and MCIRAS, but designs have moved on.

Right now I'd be willing to drop 200-300 each on a good chest rig, harness, and a nice pack.

I'm going at this from the perspective of a new guy to /gq/, and that if something bad happens and its bug-out time, I'd need something that I could load up as much as possible and make the long-ass ~700 Mile hike from where I'm living now to the family homestead out in the boonies.I'm not 100% on what arms I'd carry, something like my AR10/AR15/AK, a 9mm, and maybe my .22mag survival rifle, if that helps at all.

As far as the walk is concerned, game/water wouldn't be an uncommon thing to find, but since most of that walk is going to be through places I've never set foot in, I'm not going to count on it.

If that sounds dumb as fuck or I need to look at a higher price point, I'm all up for getting back in touch with reality. I've just finally started to consider that I don't have any SHTF plans, and that's what I can afford rn on those items.

So I got this nice admin pouch
Plenty of pockets and bungies, came with a map case
Just what I wanted... except

Attached: IMG_20190916_194535903.jpg (3264x2448, 3.09M)

It's fucking giant!
I don't know what I'm going to do with this thing, might just keep the map case and get something more reasonable

At least it was cheap

Attached: IMG_20190916_194712471.jpg (3264x2448, 2.24M)

You're not going to wear a chest rig, harness, and pack at the same time, at least two of those interferes with each other at anytime.
With a decent framed ruck for long distance you're kinda stuck with only a chest rig for comfort, luckily for you, a decent rig isn't that expensive and a good value oriented ruck will be around $300 at the most.

Attached: ruck.jpg (1000x750, 148K)

Thank you for the reality check.
Is the Pastebin still a good resource? Or is it outdated like the other Generals?

anybody got that gear pyramid pic for the order that people recommend you buy stuff in?

Pic related.

Attached: 226F96A5-2ABB-41A4-9E55-1D511A1529C1.jpg (2048x1832, 382K)

The pastebin is just general information and list of brands to check out so yeah, it's fairly useful if your googling skills are up to date.
Also you mentioned rucking 700~ miles, you're not going to do that short of a nuclear exchange. Natural disaster? Riots? Collapse of local economy? You're staying inside or rucking/driving to the nearest shelter/non effected city, you're not going to simply ditch your property.

Just a reminder the people who made this also freak out over the use of the word "coal"

This is the fucking stupidest thing I've read in forever? Who the fuck made this shit, the same stupid motherfuckers that tell you to carry cast iron shit in a ruck for bugging out?

I didn’t make it, but what exactly is wrong with this info graphic?

Mostly because it's written from the perspective of a bunch of LARParating faggots and assumes one size fits all based on their preferences which in turn are based on nothing but what looks cool. That Comms bullshit up at the top, if you're in a fucking group Comms should be your #1 priority after making sure everyone is fucking armed and watered.

What you need is completely dependent on what you're doing, where you're doing it, and who you're doing it with.

some gq dudes who quit and went to reddit, here's their discord in case you wanted to tell them about it
discord.gg/JTRpRXS

sorry wrong guy this was meant for

Comms after NODs is fucking retarded in all cases
The rest isn't bad if you understand that its a suggestion and your kit should reflect what you need and your end goal.
like I wouldn't pick up a belt and chest rig if I just want a PC and I wouldn't by pouches before buying the PC I'm putting them on
also if you have guns then you should have earpro before worrying about pouches

Redpill me on LARPing

>Pouches are more important than ear protection

Fucking. LARPing. Faggots. This chart is straight up bonified proof that no one in the /gq/ discord has so much as fired a fucking gun a day in their life.

>Comms after NODs is fucking retarded in all cases

NODs admittedly do more if you're an individual but the price point on a Baofeng can't be beat.

want to dress up like your favorite navy seal action movie heroes? pic a film and copy their gear, only wear it to take pictures for Jow Forums

Which is why this chart is retarded, as I said earlier. It has absolutely no grounding in reality and is based literately on what looks fucking cool to LARPers. Like, the fact that these idiots have whizbang shit like detachable IFAKs and $250 Safariland holsters prioritized over simple, cheap, essential shit like ear protection is enough to dismiss this chart and whoever the fuck made it right off the fucking bat.

govplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips?sm=0&anyType=1&mf=1#sm=0&c=4526&mf=1 have you guys ever bought gear off of this site?

The idea you should buy anything besides food and water storage before some form of radio is retarded for SHTF.
>muh guns
Odds are you own a firearm for some other reason already, but if you didn't, it'd still be better to buy a cheap radio first.

I'm trying to buy a helmet but the website fucking died.

Attached: ` - Copy.jpg (2690x3735, 2.49M)

i haven't but only because everything they list that i want i've found at a local surplus store
good place to buy semi-modern surp that still works great

i'd say ebay but your kit looks like you want something gucci
just go with an airframe or something similar?

i really liked it, but i got the one without the cummerbund so i'm currently really restricted in real estate, i only have room for three mag pouches which is part of the reason i'm looking to upgrade

also all of my current pouches are Coyote brown to match my issued gear, should i upgrade to multicam or just stick with coyote?
all my camo is marpat so multicam wouldn't really match

>should i upgrade to multicam or just stick with coyote
coyote is more versatile, you can wear a tan pc over anything, camo or not, and it still looks good

>Black Lagoon
HIGHLY based

Attached: __balalaika_janet_bhai_revy_and_roberta_black_lagoon_drawn_by_hiroe_rei__sample-83509aebc928f4990057 (850x412, 103K)

well i was gonna get a DESU-II. I'm thinking i might just wait a little longer and get something better.

Attached: `2.jpg (3981x1489, 1.52M)

pic of body wearing gear?

Attached: 1568611989633.png (850x900, 180K)

whos I?

I haven't taken any since i finished my belt and got a new phone. This is the best i can do.

Attached: fgfgfg.jpg (2073x3900, 3.3M)

thats what i thought

coyote LBE over multicam makes you look broke

>airframe
>gucci

I like your poorfag rig, it reminds me of East German rigs, but executed with modern bags.

While you have a camelback, what do you have in mind to eat on the way? For compact eating, I found useful Iberia squid-in-ink cans, they are chewy and don’t taste like fish. For sugary foods, I’m partial to panela/jaggery which are solid chunks of brown sugar that are gnawed on or thrown into a 1-2L water bottle with lemon juice to make a sugar water drink. Scho-ka-kola is pretty good chocolate for eating on the go, compliment with instant chocolate drink, and saltines+condensed milk, and you have Spanish mre breakfast.

Does anyone have any idea where to cop some ROK kit?

aesthetic af. how much lighter is that bolt gun vs an ar

its probably heavier

Don't. Kommandostore really overprices their shit, and you can buy better stuff, such as a mayflower or an eagle MPCR

No. Not this trannie infested botnet
IRC please

Coyote is fine.
I guess I am technically working for the welfare

Attached: 2339C1F2-591B-4CFC-9148-10B1AC7F2513.jpg (1536x2048, 710K)

Not mine, just googled a pic to show what a ruck setup with gear should look like.
A bolt gun weighs about the same as an AR15; they're usually 6-7lbs unloaded without an optic and depending on the chassis/caliber while a 16in BCM carbine is 7lbs loaded no accessories.

i have no multicam all my gear is Coyote and all my camo is marpat woodland and desert

>/gq/ discord
good thing it has nothing to do with the discord then :smirk: