Home based FFLs suck

Ordered a French rifle just as any other Francophile would, sent it to an FFL that was listed as cheaper for transfers than my LGS. Found out it's in a guy's house, no real business hours, appointment only. Thought no biggie, I'll call an hour ahead, hopefully he can see me. Anywho, he said during the week he's only available until after like 6PM.

Is this shit allowed? Why have yourself as an FFL listed to transfers if you can't even make yourself available? I feel like my shit is being held hostage for his convenience. Fuckers shouldn't have an FFL if they can't find time to do FFL things. Maybe I'm completely wrong, just frustrated.

Attached: frenchpepe.jpg (428x344, 24K)

>during the week he's only available until after like 6PM.
Am I retarded or is this phrased strangely?

he's not open on the weekends

Those are the FFLs I never go back to.

Maybe you should have contacted the FFL before you sent him your gun, doofus.

It's like business hours of any store. He probably has a job he works and doesn't get home till 6pm. You literally get what you pay for. That's why it's cheaper. Just stick with the store FFL dealer then if you want more suitable times.

Honestly right I've learned my lesson

Attached: slowcryingpepe.png (657x657, 44K)

he should not have used "until"

>how can a side business run like a side business?!?!?!
>ALSO I'm a gay French baby!!!!!

Eat a cinderblock.

>during the week he's only available until after like 6PM.
As a wage slave, I love hours like that. If that shit was 9-5 I would never be able to pick up my funs. Literally why can’t you get there after 6pm?

Sounds like he did. It's "by appointment." Most "by appointment" FFLs are a little more flexible, especially on the weekends.

I work weird hours man, mostly 12 hour shifts in a hospital at night

>You literally get what you pay for. That's why it's cheaper.
The FFL red pill is pawn shops. Back when I lived in Salt Lake City, there was one near me that did transfers for $10, had great hours and would call as soon as the gun came in.

Sounded to me like he contacted him after sending the gun

Why would an FFL that's in a residence and doesn't hold regular business hours accept transfers from strangers from whom he has not talked to?

probably means he has a normal job during the weekend and is only available after 6pm.

I did in fact talk to him prior getting it sent there. I didn't mention a time to get the rifle, because who the hell thinks of the specific time they want to pick up their shit?

>I didn't mention a time to get the rifle, because who the hell thinks of the specific time they want to pick up their shit?
uh, all business have hours they close.

Probably because they'd rather deal with that than refusing shipment and then having a customer chimp out, regardless of whether the fault would lie with the customer

OP is the one who is being silly and a bit unreasonable. Pick up your gun and use a different ffl next time. Problem solved.

Been thinking of starting up an ffl out of my house, $10 transfers, only after 5pm on weekdays and when I'm available on weekends (basically by appointment). Not sure if having to deal with people like op is worth it though. Anybody else run an ffl out of their house willing to share their experiences?

Attached: 1557677514186.jpg (960x1435, 349K)

Francophile doesn't mean French. If he was French the mailman would just deliver the gun at his house.

i'd be slightly peeved in the same position desu

I've never had a dedicated FFL give me good service. They have universally sucked.

I have gotten the best service and the best prices from pawn shops. I guess that's just going to be where I do my transfers at. They seem perfectly happy to charge $15 for a transfer and actually call me when my shit shows up. Boomer I KNOW WUT MY TIME IS WURTH garbage sacks are so grating to deal with. I dare ask him to provide a service he's providing for $40 and *I* need to be the one to watch the tracking number, leave a message, and hope he gets back to me within 5 business days since my gun got delivered.

The FFL I go to is a home based basement-den operation. Seems like the only real negative (other than being an old man and hate typing out emails/txts) is dealing with the nagging wife who has to answer the door/sign for gun packages when you're not around.

If rifles and handguns just go through the FBI background check your job is fairly easy. Its when you have state law bullshit where it starts to get annoying.

See at least a home ffl has the excuse of being a side job, I have an actual store near me that is open like 10-3 Tuesday-Friday and is closed the rest of the time.

Its not really worth it. You have to legally keep a bunch of records and you open yourself up to random visists from the ATF to make sure everything is in order. Plus just me but I dont like strangers knowing where I live and you're essentially doing retail work which sucks ass.

From what I have been told in talking to FFLs I've used for transfers, you'll never really earn enough money from doing this to make a living. The last guy I used just closed his business because he was sick of postponing vacations and picking up packages for the sake of making only about $1200 a year. He does $15 transfers, which is the lowest I've seen in this area, so it's not like he's priced himself out of the market. He is also -- or was -- the single most available FFL who was an individual person that I've ever used. If the gun came in at the end of the day Friday, in the middle of the day on Tuesday, etc., he could always meet within 30 minutes, since he was retired.

Then again, none of the people I've used ever did any marketing either. I just found them because they were listed in the FFL database on Gunbroker or Buds websites and had good prices.

>Plus just me but I dont like strangers knowing where I live
This would freak me out. If you have an FFL, your name and address is on public lists, telling everybody in the world that there are guns at that address.

FFLs in general suck including home-based FFLs around me.
>Minimum $30+ transfer fees per gun with the most popular FFL having a $75 transfer
>Some stores have waiting periods despite state having no such law
>Force you to do 4473s on black powder or pre-1898 antiques
>Force you to do 4473s despite having LTC
>Home-based FFLs super slow on shipping guns or contacting you back

It would be a side job for fun. Basically I would only charge the $10 to pay off the cost of obtaining the licence in the first place, any additional money would be a bonus. Having the licence would just get around me having to pay somebody else to transfer my guns. But yeah, the hassles brought up in this thread point to it not being really worth it.

The really kino mom n pop shops are around 20$ here. There's also a few that will waive the fee if you spend a certain amount in store when you pick up