How does an Automatic Firearm work?

outting myself as a newfag
I was curious on how an automatic rifle or pistol works as I'm thinking of making one myself!

Attached: curious.png (382x417, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wMIBUIN30yU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: ATF-Chan by KinoKreations.png (373x441, 113K)

take me as a fed if you want, but I'm just trying to figure out how this shit works.

Pull trigger
it goes bang
ejects empty cartridge
loads a new one
goes bang again without letting go of trigger

Attached: sure is glowing in here.jpg (1024x544, 60K)

the basics of all guns.

>curious about guns? must be a fed!
maybe next time i'll lurk harder

An trigger control group on and automatic firearm is a lot easier to understand than 3 round burst. That shit is voodoo to me

Pro-trump, 3 round burst sometimes comes out as 2 or 4 round burst. Make more sense?

Pro-tip*

I felt like I had earned a degree in mechanical engineering when I finally had a rough idea of how the AN-94 works

Attached: Isthisguro-660x204.jpg (660x204, 26K)

see not so new anymore huh

You'll figure it out in no time, little guy

Attached: Abstract Sort Of Freedom.jpg (3264x2448, 1.7M)

How is it difficult?
Its a 3 toothed ratchet that indexes via a pawl with each shot, until it releases the disconnector.
Just like your socket wrench clicks and indexes, only it uses your gun cycling instead of your hand torquing it over.

Grind off the locking lugs on your AR-15 bolt.

A sear triped by the bolt or slide unlocks the disconnect right as the firearm goes back into battery is the long short.

Different firearms use different methods of doing this. But at the end of the day its always that method

The action of depressing the trigger causes the bolt to go forward, striking the primer of the cartrigde, and then the explosion of the cartridge causes the bolt to retract, wherein the spring behind the bolt causes the bolt to go forward once again, striking the next primer of the next cartridge that is in position due to the motion of the bolt extracting the previous cartridge and the magazine shoving the next one into position to be struck by the firing pin in the bolt.

Just look at pic related. That's how it works.

Attached: how a glock works.gif (419x286, 1.55M)

Making full-auto firearms without a valid license is a federal offense. If you just want to be stupid and do hard time and be rammed in the ass by Tyrone every night, get a coat hanger for your ar. If you're actually curious to manufacture a firearm (and are aware of the legal restrains of the law),

Here's how full-auto open-bolt simple blowback works (on guns like Sten, M3 Grease Gun, PPSh and many others):

1)You pull the trigger
2)Trigger is connected to sear somehow (usually spring) and pulls it down
3)Sear sticks out the bottom of the inside of the receiver and into the sear cutout in the bolt body. Once sear is pulled, it releases the bolt
4)Bolt sits at the middle of the inside of the receiver. Behind it is the compressed recoil spring connected to a recoil buffer pad that's leaning against the inside of the back end of the receiver. Once the sear drops, the bolt flies forward under spring pressure
5)Bolt strips a cartridge from the magazine and pushes it forward unto the feeding ramp. As it pushes the cartridge past the ramp and into the firing chamber, the extractor engages the cartridge rim.
6)Cartridge is slammed into the chamber and firing pin in the middle of the bolt hits the cartridge primer
7)Primer detonates and ignites smokeless powder inside the cartridge. Powder burns extremely quickly (called deflagation) which pushes the bullet out of the casing and into the rifled barrel and out into the world
8)Under gas pressure in the barrel, the bolt is pushed back, pulling the empty case out by the rim
9)Bolt has a cutout in its side through which on its rearward travel moves the ejector (a protrusion sticking out the inside of the receiver body); the case locked in the bolt by the extractor hits this ejector, which kicks the cartridge off the bolt and out into the ejection port
10)Bolt returns to starting position, compressing the recoil spring on its way. If trigger is still pressed the trigger, bolt drops again.

It's not that difficult.
>Now can you please tell me how to assemble it, or my dad's gonna be pissed when he gets home

Attached: 1443457680691.jpg (1079x1011, 131K)

>I'm thinking of making one myself!

Attached: 1530032134631.png (320x369, 218K)

Look at the old army documentary. It's on YouTube just search "The fundamentals of small arms weapons" it's in 3 parts

Attached: 01678C52-BF16-4C1C-87C5-DD26AB26A5D0.png (500x515, 135K)

>tell me about the firearms
>how do they work?!

Attached: 1513111744842.jpg (1280x716, 205K)

youtu.be/wMIBUIN30yU
Basically the same principal for most guns

pretty much.
thanks guys

Attached: cat.png (572x584, 512K)

That is not enough. The firing pin still wont strike without another triggerpull

bump

Do you really really care about this topic?
The ultimate work on the subject is a set of 5 books, "The Machine Gun" by George Chinn. Read.

Do you want a casual answer?
Go on youtube, search "Forgotten weapons how does it work"

yeah i do.
thanks user

Whoa here, you've got a lot to learn before you'll be ready to make your first firearm.

Attached: SBSPSeason3HD00174.png (1440x1076, 299K)

read if you want to learn.
If you want to say fuck the NFA and manufacture your own illegal MG, then here is the easiest way to do that. Remember that this is just for educational purposes and that this is illegal to do,but also remember that fuck the NFA and the ATF

Attached: guide.png (1268x9978, 3.76M)

No prob.
FYI, the physical Chinn books are expensive as fuck, but the first 4 vols are public domain so you can find free legal PDFs of those.

Could someone possibly do the same thing with an AR10?

I actually don't know the answer to that, maybe Jow Forums does. I would imagine its very similar but the parts may be different. I know a coat hanger would work in an AR-10. Now I'm thinking about a coat hanger AR-10 in .300 winmag with AP rounds

Open bolt MGs are insultingly simple to make. Your firing pin is locked in the "fired" position and your trigger works as a bolt catch/release. This is assuming, of course, that you have the proper FFL licensing to manufacture automatic firearms and you should NEVER EVER do it otherwise.