Is there any reason not to choose a quality bullpup rifle over an AR15 or similar conventional rifle...

Is there any reason not to choose a quality bullpup rifle over an AR15 or similar conventional rifle? Better ballistic potential in a smaller package at the cost of what, a slightly more "meh" trigger?

Attached: main-qimg-ad640ad12b0c26005f7f641d60b8a1f5[1].png (918x1030, 233K)

Not lefty friendly. If the rifle kabooms, goodbye face.

Tavors can be switched to a lefty config

Can’t be done in a moment’s notice, so if you’re ever forced to shoot left handed behind cover you’re eating brass to the face.

Other than that, bullpups are pretty cool.

>Not left friendly

Sorry, I should have clarified. "Real" reasons.

How many times do you need higher velocities and also a compact package, enough to sacrifice ergos, parts, etc? There is a use case for a bullpup, and honestly thats like, the P90 and in some cases purpose built DMRs with full-sized cartridges.

Yes, some 556 wounding is based on velocity. Many are not. All humans behave the same way if lead passes though their heart or head.

ergos
adjustable length of pull
price

Looks gay with the mag well behind the trigger.

bullpups look cool..but the AUG is trash. The AR platform has so much flexibility there is very little reason at this point other than "cause i can" to purchase much other rifle.

Attached: Winnie.jpg (652x960, 78K)

The trigger is not "slightly more meh", it's fucking awful, especially compared to an aftermarket trigger in a standard rifle.

Also, it's a pain in the dick to see the chamber to check clear.

Reload time. Have to get mags from Steyr. Trigger is shit.

It's not even about lefties since any decent bullpup has a switchable ejection port, it's about not being truly ambidexterous. Want to shoot from another shoulder on the fly because cover? Eat brass.

What's wrong with bullpup ergos?

>AUG is trash

How?

>Have to get mags from Steyr.

Attached: come on now.jpg (600x375, 39K)

Less real estate for attachments. Nade launchers are often weird set ups and fuck with the rifles balance. Bullpups are almost always really rear heavy, no adjustable length of pull, meh triggers, less ergo reloads, especially when prone. Yeah you get a longer barrel but no one cares anymore. The benefits of a bullpup were from an era where rifles were all 20 inch barrels so they made them more compact.

T. Used an AUG for quite a while in NZ army

Forgot to add, did cross training with the Brits. Would prefer the AUG to an L85, but overall, preferred the M4 to my AUG. Arguably, the Aug is the better bullpup thats actually seen real use out side of the FAMAS but not as user friendly as an M4 derivative

We could either chose our L119A1 (Diemaco C8) or L85's. Every time i could (except for exercises and marches), i'd pick a C8.

Had I had the same choice, id pick the same. Even the C8 over the AUG. Diemaco make some really nice ARs. Now the NZDF has some gucci LMT ARs so its no question over what I would pick

I mean the NATO stock fixes having to get mags from Steyr, even if the NATO stock is cancer

they issue neck gaiters and eye pro for a reason. Also there is a brass deflector for the AUG

God I wish there civilian versions of the FAMAS floating around for a price that wasnt the same as a fucking car.

They cost a shit ton more, replacement parts are more expensive, if you're in the u.s. and the boogaloo happens replacement parts for AR-15/10 is far more readily available, after market support is going to be more prevalent for AR's, you can swap out uppers on ar-15s and be able to shoot multiple calibers, and I'm not sure about augs because I've only shot one but never cleaned it but AR's are pretty damn fast to strip and clean, and lastly Aug triggers are pretty shitty.

>p90
>f2000
I’m surprised a country that constantly gets fucked is ahead of the curve in small arms constantly

Augs are pretty slick to clean. Not a bad time honestly. Not as fast as the shotgun style AR dissassembly but its pretty close

The AUG isnt trash. Its actually a really capable rifle to use. Yes its showing its age, and there are much better systems but it is the bullpup platform I would (and did) carry. Much better than the l85

God I wish I could still own bullpups full stop

Magpul makes AUG PMAGs that fit in the standard Non-NATO stock.