Henry finally adds a side gate

>Henry finally adds a side gate
>Its in fudd caliber only

JDIMSA

when will henry realize that the second they produce one in .357 magnum they will literally fly off the shelves

Attached: H024-3855-Full-Length.jpg (1200x299, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

henryusa.com/henry-repeating-contact/?concerning=general
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This, I'll buy one of these if offered in .38spl/.357mag with a side gate and is HARD CHROMED!

Perfect River Rifle.

Wait, I see a cut for the tube loader. Does it have... both?

hopefully soon, I would literally buy 3 of these if they had the loading gate.

>henryusa.com/henry-repeating-contact/?concerning=general
don't forget to tell them how you really feel

Attached: H012MAW-BB-All-Weather-hero (1).jpg (2440x489, 102K)

Seeing that making something with a loading gate took them 150 years they still have a long ways to go before that happens.

Yes.

Yes it has both types of feeding, so you can also unload it quickly. Finally a comprise related to guns that I can get behind.

That's actually really neat.
I have a bunch of .357 because I shoot revolvers a lot. If they make a .357 model I might pick one up.

Same, I only buy guns in a few chamberings. I really want a centerfire lever gun with inexpensive and common ammo, and I already have a ton of .38/.357

I can’t wait to order a loading gate .357 Henry and wait six months for it to arrive at my ranch on mars in 2167

They're dipping their toes.
I heard someone say they did them this way in just a few calibers at first, and are working on fixing kinks and setting up production now.

Hell yeah.

Yes, they did the smartest thing and united the autisms.
Not only can you load it whichever way you feel like, you actually have just about the ideal setup now, easy and expedient loading through the gate on the receiver, and fast and safe unloading on the front of the tube, rather than cycling each cartridge through the action when unloading.

Fucking Jesus these would be perfect with a loading gate, and then an optional rail on top of the receiver, for easy mounting of whatever optic you could imagine.

>easy and expedient loading through the gate on the receiver, and fast and safe unloading on the front of the tube, rather than cycling each cartridge through the action when unloading.
what was meant by this

Not the same company as the original Henry, they just have the rights to the brand.

That'd be a good idea, .357 Magnum really is a very good candidate for a light rifle cartridge, cheap, very easy to shoot, more than enough power for most medium game, and certainly not terrible for defense either.

Racking the lever repeatedly to empty the magazine is less safe and less fast than being able to just open the front of the tube and dropping the cartridges out.
Meanwhile, lots of people's opinions is that a loading gate is faster and more convenient for filling said magazine.

>ugghhh oh my gah it doesnt take ar mags,
>ffs no pistol grip and its not even free floated
t. Zoomer

Did you post in the wrong thread?

Speak for yourself. I'm 1999 and I'm getting a lever action for my first rifle. Pewpew

Attached: howdy.jpg (663x538, 82K)

Am I reading that right? .38-55 and .35 Remington?

And .30-30

Yes, the same .35 Remington which was originally for the Remington Model 8, the long-recoil rifle designed by Mr. JMB
It actually got itself kind of a cult following as a lever-action rifle cartridge, because it has really good ballistics.

Attached: Remington-Model-81_001.jpg (600x176, 13K)

>Finally a comprise related to guns that I can get behind.
Kek, truer freedom even.

I'm thinking of getting one in 30-30 as is.

Just bought my first henry in 45-70. Love it to death but I still wish it had a side gate. Really didn't like how Marlins looked.

Is it just me, or is the side gate slightly crooked?

It looks that way because of the cut out shape.

They know. Smart manufacturers introduce new features in the cheap or oddball products first. Like how 3-series BMWs get all the cool new shit that only makes it into the 7-series after all the kinks are worked out.

30-30 isn't so bad, its expensive but versatile and powerful, and I would choose it for most any situation if I didn't have better options.

No, it is definitely crooked by a hair. You can tell from both the spacing at the bottom and the top.

meowdy partner

you have shit taste

t. zoomer

Anyone ever have to deal with Henry’s warranty? Magazine tube of my .45-70 fell apart one day during shooting and it looks like screw holding it all together was defective, I’ve been waiting almost a month for word from Henry about getting it fixed through their warranty

Attached: B52D2B24-916E-4925-9FD8-509296E3C64B.jpg (4032x3024, 3.87M)

Is it worth selling my tube .357 henry and waiting for the new gate model?

When they make an all weather .45-70 with a gate, I'll buy one because that would be a near perfect replica of the Medicine Stick from New Vegas. Until then, I'll just stick with Winchesters.

Any anons forked the cash for one of these? I'm eyeballing a .30-30

>optional rail
Can't say how much I dislike the whole
>muh tacticul lebergun
BS! Some real bastardization going on out there!

>isn't so bad, its expensive but
Could have stopped right there, hmm?
There are many options that are superior, yes? .32Win Special, .375 Win, .35 Rem, .358 Win... I'm sure I can guarantee you more, but off the top of my head it's a start.

Why? To have nothing until it's release and then wait for availability? Dumb.

>tacticul lebergun
Man, 1-4x and 2-10x scopes are so inexpensive these days, it's crazy to not put one on top just to help as many different people as possible with getting the eye relief they want.

It's not always about high speed. Sometimes it's just about comfort.

Yeah but it'll probably be worth less for resale once the gate is released. I have other levergats in the meantime. I'd prefer if they offered a conversion service but oh well

Henry Big Boy Silver

This I agree with. But the "scope a lever gun?" is a different argument from, "quad rail muh levergun for laser, weapon light and reddot" argument, which was more to my point.
In many cases, scoping a lever gun is not only perfectly acceptable, but preferred... imo.

Most of those are twice the price for a box of 20, and superior in this case mostly appears to be a wider bullet and noticably more kick in the shoulder, .32 win spl excepted.

Can you even shoot .358 Win in a lever action aside from something like a custom Savage 99 or Winchester 1895

>worth less
Potentially, and a valid point. Esp. when you have others, I "ass"ummed it was your only one.

Pretty sure I meant .354 Win not .348 Win, though I may be wrong. But yes, availability is superior with the .30-30 and it's only supposed advantage. I discount "heavy recoil" as a disadvantage. ...for myself.

Yeah i cant imagine people will crawl over tube only. Had i known they'd release a side gate I probably would have waited. The big boys are really well made though so if I dont sell it its not like im stuck with a piece of junk

I can't muster up much distaste for a man who wants a RDS and a flash light on his .357 or .44 mag lever action either though. Somebody trying to steal some tractor equipment? Pop pop, watch 'em drop. Small bonus, you're not in court for murdering fools with an AR.

Hmm.

Attached: 20190919_081411.jpg (792x555, 253K)

CAN I GET A HENRY EQUIVILANT OF THE MARLIN 1894CST FOR 6-700 WITH A LOADING GATE? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

Doesn't look as horrible as an Israeli bulpup.

What kind of faggot are you if you don't like .30-30?

1. Why flip up irons? Damn RMRs last over a year on a single battery and thousands of cycles of getting slammed around on a pistol slide. I assume the Aimpoint Pro and Trijicon MRO are just as good if not more rugged on a rifle. Am I wrong?
2. A simple leather 2 point sling would have been fine.
3. Rather have a flash light than an angled foregrip.

>people actually hate the tube
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>take out tube all the way (ignore the stupid cutout
>slide in your ~8 rounds of 357 or 44 mag
>put tube back in
>voila, reloaded it faster than using a gate
You also have the benefit of a nice, clean brass side instead of some ugly ass loading gate ruining the profile.

As soon as there's a 45-70 option for side gate marlin is out of the picture for me. Cost be damned.

Hate is a bit strong, but I prefer loading gates because I'm already used to feeding shot shells on an underside loading gate. It also beats having to reach down past the muzzle to remove the tube at some of the more anal ranges here.

yep, right now i have to get a marlin if i want that, minus the chrome

Meowdy.

Attached: Lil' Caligula.png (720x451, 301K)

It's like people forget that they can finish their own rifles anyway they want to.

I'm waiting for the .327 side gate.

I fucking love .327. I'd kill for a nice slim blued single stack auto chambered in it.

well i wouldn't want the chrome personally but i understand what you mean

they will fix it. they took mine in for the same problem and i wasn't even the original owner. The mag tube was a problem on their early 45-70s along with the sights. when you sent it in they will replace everything except the receiver and bolt. the rest will be new.

Chrome is ok. Nickle over aluminum is nicer. Bedliner is another choice.

>Bedliner is another choice.

Attached: no-ricky-just-no.jpg (250x250, 12K)

I didn't mean a fucking quadrail you spaz, I meant a small one on top for optics, anything from scopes to red dots, and that's not for being tacticool, that's for being practical.

Attached: Marlin 'Guide Gun' Custom, .45-70 Gov't.jpg (1000x465, 287K)

>"quad rail muh levergun for laser, weapon light and reddot" argument
Which I didn't make.

On a quasi-related note, how hard would it be to swap the furniture on OP's pic to something I wouldn't be afraid to beat the hell out of?

.327 Fed is rimmed, is it not?

You're about to get rimmed.

Congrats. You people sperged out enough that Henry is adding a side gate. I hope they raise the price a few hundred dollars and watch you retards pay for it.

ill buy one in 357 so fast my fucking credit card will hiss with steam and radiation

Based on the amount of complaining and tooling coats, that's not unfair.

Because loading gate is easier, faster, and cooler

>explain to me how Amex cards explode

Why are you so upset about a company giving people what they want?

>angry fudd noises

A low magnification fixed power optic with a long eye relief is perfect on a lever action carbine. A compact, light, and quick optic is the best match for a handy carbine. It also helps with precise shot placement for small game hunting.

Just make the rail/scout mount optional to preserve aesthetics/weight.

>to beat the hell out of
Easy, paint it with bedliner.

Quit being a sperg and just call them. Their warranty support is excellent but the turnaround is a ton faster if you call

It’s not expensive if you reload.

And honestly if you have a levergun but you don’t reload you’re doing it wrong

It's a LEVER GUN!! All correspondence should be carried by Pony Express, smoke signals, if you have a feather fetish. Calling is soo Alexander Graham Bellish!

>and that’s a bad thing!

based

>I would choose it for most any situation if I didn't have better options.
So its shit.

Buddy of mine bought one and we took it out on a range day, it was a pretty slick shooter.

Ok great, now make one on 357 and I'll buy one the day they come out. Would prefer an all weather model threaded.

Not if it's all you have retard. Some folks only get heirloom .22s and .30-30s and that's fine. If you don't want to spend money on a .30 cal bolt rifle for hunting and are content with using your dads old glenfield then you're better off than the kids who buy .300 win mag and only take it out for pictures.

This is implying that sentiment wouldn't have intrinsic value to souless ghouls.
...wait, you're right.

>Its in fudd caliber only
Lol. You fucks complain about everything.

Just get a Marlin. They have way more of an aftermarket than any other pistol caliber lever rifle, including ones that greatly improve reliability. If the aftermarket for any of the others ever expands I hope it's the Winchesters/Rossis first, they're far handier.

Attached: 1568177375783.jpg (940x1280, 157K)

Can it queer, once I turn 21 a lever action is gonna be my first rifle. (FL)

I want one in .44 but yeah.

It's a reasonable complaint. There are exactly four popular tube fed levergun chamberings.
>.30-30
>.38spl/.357mag
>.44spl/.44mag
>.45-70
Everything else is a rounding error.

.327 is gaining

they need make this again. such a good rifle for the money.

Attached: BF426E4F-9AAF-4877-AE0A-63685611D6C7.jpg (800x800, 22K)

I don’t know what that is

single shot bolt action .22 magnum. I loved the one I had when I was younger, thing was accurate as hell and super light.

Is there any benefit to .327 fed over .357 mag in a lever action though, assuming I don't already have a .327 Fed revolver?

Literally no