Should I bother getting a 1911 for less than $1,000 or should I just save for something really nice?

Should I bother getting a 1911 for less than $1,000 or should I just save for something really nice?

Attached: enforcer-001_1.jpg (1800x1200, 502K)

Yes, especially if it's your first. I know we h8 Springfield but they make the best budget 1911. Just stick with fullsize and you should be golden.

If it's going to be a range toy get a rock island. They work well, well but aren't as pretty as some of the others.

Save up and get a springfield TRP (not the stainless one).

This probably wont mean a ton, but I'm not a huge 1911 fan. I got an RIA tactical 1911 in a trade for a Glock 19 I was desperate to ditch and didnt really care what I got I'm return, it's been a surprisingly phenomenal gun.
I've put about 3,000 rounds through it in the last 2 years and had no jams or malfunctions and it shoots extremely well.
For a sub $650 1911 I'd say it would definitely be worth the money.

Save up and get a DAN WESSON

Get a ruger

I got the springfield 1911 range officer for 740 with the gear up free promo. Its a nice fun piece

For a grand? Nah, yeah, nah, fuck nah.
You can get soooo much better for four figures than a defective Sprangfield.

I like my carry gun to be bare bones I always liked the GI models with slight changes. Namely a larger safety lever and better sights. Maybe polishing the barrel. I've always had good luck going that route.

based truth speaker

get a Colt series 70, or a Filipino gun. Springfield is nice but their basic government model is pretty much exactly like an RIA/ATI. use good quality mags and you're set.

spending a fuckton of money on a pistol is dumb. you want to spend that money on your rifle, and ammo.

Even a budget 1911 is a great gun. My RIA did have a short break in period, but it’s shot flawlessly ever since

Attached: 17382FA9-FED9-42B5-964E-65C8FA524EED.jpg (4032x3024, 2M)

buy a glock

>all these facts
45 auto is NOT a high pressure round. it doesn't need a highly engineered or precision built machine to fire. JMB's own design doesn't even fully support the cartridge, when in battery it just kind of hangs off the chamber over the feed ramp. it's a work gun, a war gun, not some nancy race toy. wessonfags btfo.

I'd recommend checking out the Remington R1. 500-600$ for the base models

Buy a para p14

1911's are shit for both carrying and hd, so honestly get whichever one has the features/looks you like

tell me more about your glock

Buy once, cry once.

I don't agree. If it's their first 1911 (unless they have a history of trying several 1911's) then they will probably be well endowed with a $700~900 1911.
>just stick with the full size
You can find these at every price point, and why mention the best budget brand and then say spend over 1k on a first 1911?

I would say the same about my brand new $494 Taurus PT1911 if I wasn't exposed to so many other great 1911's.

In actuality, a budget 1911 won't be any leaps-and-bounds behind a $1,500 1911 but you will notice the difference.

Tolerances, triggers, fit & finish, factory grip, etc. But anyone will defiantly obtain something functional. Besides, if any major manufacturer screws up functionality (at this point) with the 1911 design they should just fold and close their doors.

Opinions on the lightweight commander

It will outshoot you and your 1911 anytime. Used by Navy SEALs and the best police forces.

are you stating this is a question or a blanket "answer me this, Jow Forums!"?

Absolutely. Go for a psa or a rock island for your first.

1911 is significantly funner at the range than Glock

As someone who started with a plain 1911, then sold it to by a slightly better 1911, then sold that to buy a slightly better 1911, and now bought an STI 2011 I wish I'd just done that from the start.

How is Auto Ordnances 1911? Priced Right, no stupid rollmarks, classic enough styling. For a basic bitch 1911, they seem like good buys but I never see them being shillied like RIA

This but in 10mm, if your gimping yourself to single stack get a more powerful round.

No, it's not. I handled my friend's 1911 and the ergonomics are inferior compared to Glocks. The grip angle is not right and not contoured like Glocks. The trigger on 1911 is also imprecise and too sharp. I have more fun with my Glock on the range any day.

Who makes a better 1911 in the ~$800 range?
I've heard about Springfield, Ruger, Colt, and Fusion though they don't seem very big.

what does his penis taste like?