AR GENERAL/ AR THREAD / ARG / TRIPFAG DEVGRU

/arg/ - Gone Swimming Edition: Post wet rifles

Old:

Attached: JewishBaptism.jpg (3600x1960, 2.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

armsunlimited.com/Colt-M4-CQB-10-3-inch-556mm-Barrel-Assembly-p/sp64049.htm
thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/462199-colt-to-end-production-of-ar-15-rifles-for-personal-use
bcidefense.com/upper-receivers/stripped-lower-receivers/stripped-lower-reciever
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it worth getting a can on my MK18? Do I have to register the gun or just the can when applying?

I’m not wrong

Attached: B230520B-047F-499C-A483-55C9E04D4FF9.jpg (2016x1512, 1.46M)

Just the can
Yes its worth it, you will be shocked how much nicer it is to shoot but also how annoying suppressors are

Attached: 11.5BCM_Brush.jpg (3449x1834, 3.61M)

What length barrel for HD build with a can? Is there a sweet spot?

11.5 for big dwelltime
Saker 556k for a decent OAL package

Attached: A2 Block 4.jpg (3863x2137, 3.67M)

Which can?

Very cool thank you

why is that backwards?
are you stupid?

Thats an omega, its very nice on an 11.5 but overkill. I enjoy my Saker556k more on 5.56 SBRs

Attached: A2 Block 2 Tools.jpg (3532x2400, 3.28M)

I have an offer of $230 for the rx01

?

Attached: A2 Block 4 - Giraffe mode.jpg (3900x1860, 2.71M)

what is that dingle dong on the bottom of the rail?

this niggers so poor he's only ever seen sightmarks, doesn't know which way is forward on an eokek

Worth it?

4" URX 3.1 Handstop panel
When grabbing the thing I dont use it like a handstop but rather an index point within my grip like an A2 grip nub, that way my grip and control is consistent and limited throughout cycles of fire. If you flip it the other direction I guess you could use it to suck the rifle back into your shoulder which would be ideal if you were dealing with some sort of heavy caliber.

Attached: 416 + 11.5 + L3 Bux.jpg (3680x2160, 3.08M)

I see. I am stupid.
That's brilliant. Everything I want, no unnecessary bulk. God dammit I need to get a URX rail

Choking back on the 3.1 panel can be awkward depending on light/laser configuration but on that rifle I have always ran my finger jammed between the M600 and Laserbox to create a perfect place to drive the gun down while the rest of my hand drives the gun left/right and back. Sort of like a half C clamp.

The downside is that such a configuration doesnt work well off barricades or shooting prone off the deck (no bags, ruck, etc) because of the amount of tension required to hold it.

Attached: Damp16s.jpg (3720x2128, 2.81M)

Makes sense.
In all honesty I just want the 3.1 for the looks. The buffoni mlok is nice, but the urx 3.1 is peak aesthetic. Can you stick anything else on the bottom of them or is it some proprietary nonsense?

>The buffoni mlok is nice, but the urx 3.1 is peak aesthetic.
I agree
>or is it some proprietary nonsense?
This.

Attached: 16_tree.jpg (2700x4032, 3.43M)

is a gangster grip basically necessitated by the SCAR's reciprocating handle?

No, the scar handle sits just forward of what would amount to a magwell grip. As long as you arent trying some impossibly tall C clamp over the top of the thing you will be fine.

I generally run my thumb resting on the top of the left hand side rail with the front QD swivel acting as a stop for it while the rest of my hand wraps under the gun/braces against the stubby grip.

Attached: scardirt.jpg (3504x2328, 2.17M)

G96 smells good

that makes sense. i've never held a SCAR but it just looks so fucking huge and unwieldy, even though i know it's still in the ballpark of an M4's weight. i've grown pretty attached to the clamp grip and i'm not sure i'd enjoy shooting the SCAR because of it.

Guns always seem bigger in photos. I got a 20 inch AR recently and it's tiny. Everyone said it wouldn't be

>Colt just announced they will stop selling all AR15s commercially and will now only sell to police and military
Fellow boomers are you ready to scalp those pony receivers for $1600 a piece?

Stepping back and looking at one it does seem taller and awkward than a regular rifle but once its in your hands its a very different sort of feel. That combined with the recoil impulse of mine creates a gun that is very unique to shoot. Sort of undergassed/pushy like a 45acp vs the overgassed AR being a snappy 9mm. But with all of the reliability and then some of an overgassed AR. I keep buying higher end ARs hoping one will be able to replicate the SCAR but at this point im pretty sure I will just have to buy a second 16

Attached: scarmud.jpg (4032x2592, 3.37M)

You are about a week late, I broke the news in /arg/ first before boomers figured out. Look at gunbroker to chuckle at the scalping.

Attached: Crispy Crunchy Peanut Buttery ASR.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

Boomers are the only people falling for it the price isnt going anywhere by that much if at all.
And BTW they never said they were stopping they said they were slowing and not focusing on Civi sales. They will kill themselves.

>They will kill themselves.
For like the 8th time in the last 40 years

Hopefully this teaches them and they start building better quality and better features.
Because without US government contracts they will never be able to stay open.

sell me that MD

>they never said they were stopping they said they were slowing and not focusing on Civi sales
They discontinued several SKUs

Attached: scardraft2.png (621x749, 245K)

>scalping
Oh wow they are going up in price. Fucking jews

THOSE 4 LETTERS MEAN HERITAGE AND LEGACY LOOK AT YOUR ROLLMARK AND IF IT DOESNT HAVE THAT WORD THEN YOU FUCKED UP

I have a friend who knows too and was told they are going to do like FN does with SCARs

SEMPER FI 1993-1996 92G

No, I need it
>going to do like FN does with SCARs
???? Shift the production domestically and discontinue half the models while keeping the price consistent to pad margins?

Theres not much to see

Attached: colt_discont.png (1137x184, 31K)

Hell yah Brother

Attached: Trump 4life.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Shift the production domestically and discontinue half the models while keeping the price consistent to pad margins?
No but the sell in exclusive Groups to drive individual rifle prices up.
>Hey Goy we have this 2000 6920s we dont know when we will make more so they are $5500

>discontinuing the 6920
Lol you know damn well they've been moving like shit and they want to get a warehouse full out the door right now to pay their creditors.

>sell in exclusive Groups to drive individual rifle prices up
Thats not what FN does with SCARs though

Attached: SCAR-stock.jpg (960x960, 111K)

Do you really think they want to flood the market and make the SCARs what they are really worth?
$2000 maybe 2500?

a fucking matel toy

>what they are really worth?
$1k

I was trying to be nice to A2 because he fucked up and bought one.

The original MSRP for SCARs was set to include a laborious 922r process and import related issues. With the production shifted domestically they have far better availability but are still at that same MSRP. So gone are the days of $4000 scars because they are between batches and say hello to regular $2900ish scars.

>Really worth
Contract unit cost for a SCAR is close to $600-$800

Attached: Damp16s_1.jpg (3664x2024, 2.93M)

SCARs bought on contract cost about $700, which means it costs them probably $400 or $500 to make them, which means fuck them I'm not paying $3k.

>Contract unit cost for a SCAR is close to $600-$800
Yeah but their contracts are for large quantities of SCARs. They should probably retail for $1000-1200.

We are getting off topic
I still could never see Colt do a full stop and do believe my friend he sells a lot i think they wouldnt lie to him. what would they get out of lying?

Its amazing how fast a day can go from ho-him to full ausgezeichnet.

Attached: 100_0210.jpg (4023x2051, 2.08M)

have hair

Can do!

Attached: IMG_20161215_170901744.jpg (2327x3173, 1.48M)

i'd love to own a SCAR if they somehow made it down to the $1k to $1.2k range, but this seems unlikely. i'll probably have to just settle for a bren 2 when i get one

>laborious 922r process
>import scar as pistol so it's not schedule for 922r
>add stock
>laborious 922r process

@WGWS
armsunlimited.com/Colt-M4-CQB-10-3-inch-556mm-Barrel-Assembly-p/sp64049.htm

All green or throw some tan on it?

Attached: 60A0BCD2-14CD-44CF-BEEF-A4B0F6FB2E8B.jpg (3651x2239, 3.47M)

I think throwing some tan on it could look good, depending on what it is, but keep it green. I like it.

I wish I could get the snickers sling in ranger green.

BCI defense has suspended all civilian sales, and will no longer deal with the commercial market.

>buying and supporting FN

Never heard of her

Making my first rifle purchase.

S&W M&P15 Sport II or Ruger AR 556 for home defense and range fun. Which would you guys recommend?

The only maker of a milspec m16 receiver you can buy commercially.

It is one his redeeming qualities

Attached: 20171103_171515_HDR-1.jpg (3099x1613, 1.29M)

>not buying and supporting FN

Neither. Save a couple hundred more and at least buy an Aero.

Not Buying or supporting FN
they make the world's best Barrels and never malfunction.
Can you say the same about LMT?

Attached: FN new sel.jpg (4128x2322, 2.11M)

>never malfunction

Yah you heard me right.

I saw 6920 / 6940 models for sale in the Bellevue/Redmond, WA area for $5000 after sandy hook--when there was all that panic buying.....and people were buying them lol

it does happen and you can get some Boomers to pay it. Could you imagine buying PSA tier QC at KAC prices?
I never seen a Colt work perfect out the box

Who's next to fold to the left?

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/462199-colt-to-end-production-of-ar-15-rifles-for-personal-use

And here is the real reason folks.
They are licking the left's Booty like A2 and Emy and going to backdoor again like A2 sell their guns for high mark up.

How have your SiCo cans held up? I forgot I had a 249 ASR in my parts bin and now I'm back to debating whether I'll pin the Warcomp for a RC2 or the 249 ASR for a Saker or Omega.

A milspec M16 receiver would be a machine gun so no one's been able to buy one anyway, why don't you phrase what they actually make without buzzwords

i love corporations who get morally shamed, coerced, and threatened by rich and corrupt powerful actors. this is great progressive action towards bringing our society closer towards perfection.

Or we are all hurtling towards what we all been training for?

The article was about how Colt can't keep up with their competition. What are you on about?

Okay you've been red-flagged for even thinking that sounds like a good idea.

What was a good idea?
His post or mine?
I dont think any of that is a good idea and we dont have Red flag laws in my state nice try though.

Should I get a light on my AR, or would it be better for a SBR? Also, any good quads for an 11.5"?

Attached: niceashclone.jpg (4032x1908, 1.6M)

>SBR
Who pays the cuck tax anymore, boomer?

Who says I was going to pay

That Boomer is retarded it isnt a M16 lower it is a low shelf lower with a Cut for a sear's dog leg.
So nothing special and they still sell them so i think that faggot got told something by the Gun shop owner to get him to buy 10 at $200 a piece.
bcidefense.com/upper-receivers/stripped-lower-receivers/stripped-lower-reciever

If you mean receivers with an M16 shelf, there are others. SOLGW and Standard MFG come to mind.
Get a light. FF or drop in for the quads?

Attached: IMG_20190919_141501918_noexif~2.jpg (2160x3840, 3.09M)

I figured he was talking about low shelf lowers and no, BCI is not the only foundry that makes them. Hope he got ripped off by some fellow boomer GET EM BEFO DEY GONE

anyone have experience with LaRue?
specfically ultimate upper kit

snap thats going in my red flag compilation

FF preferably

>got ripped off by some fellow boomer
id bet all my money on it.

That is like the boomer i know that bought 3 radical lowers because they were low shelf he payed $75 each

Railscales are not cheap. You chose them over a light/optic. Get an arisaka light

Check the BCM QRF out

Or LaRue's quads are cheaper by the inch
The polymer ones aren't expensive.

Why does bcm do carbine length on their 300 blackout barrels where most companies do pistol length?

98% of ar receivers are not the correct thickness either (they are not thin enough) and are made extra thick on purpose on top of sear blocks,ect

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-154557.png (760x200, 25K)

Not unless it has the sear pin hole, which is the only thing a BCI receiver lacks, it's a Auto receiver in every way except for that.

oof, guess ill start the big igloo
Are 10" rails good? Was asking because i was looking at Geissele rails at first but the only length was 9"

cite source of 98% claim