Is this a viable concept?

could there be a reloadable lightweight twin launcher? does such a thing already exists, or is there something that fills its role? do you think we could see something similar to it?

Attached: 1521341411.jpg (1080x523, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HyAl9qK3Rlg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: M202_FLASH.jpg (650x399, 39K)

Sure, there could be, but I doubt they'd be very good. If you add more than one barrel to the launcher then that means that each missile/rocket would need to be smaller than it otherwise could be for a single-barreled launcher. That limits how big the warhead can be, and how far the rocket can fly. I would assume that most designers would rather have a larger warhead and a longer range.

Grabbing another disposable launcher or shoving another round into a reusable launcher would probably let you fire a 2nd shot in roughly the same time period. The blast from firing those things is pretty significant, it's not like you could fire a 2nd shot much faster with a 2nd barrel.

The closest real-life thing I can think of is the M202 FLASH which carried 4 incindary rockets. (unguided). It was meant to be a replacement for a flamethrower, so a very different application that most rocket launchers.

You're not likely to strap a second barrel to it if you want to keep things lightweight. And for most targets on big shot is probably better than two small.

they trialed heat rounds for it but they never went into production

Attached: m202.jpg (600x400, 114K)

Maybe for 40mm Pike type missiles you could have drop down magazines, or, since its side loaded, a revovler style action.

Attached: pike_body_img_01.jpg (761x473, 323K)

except almost all non man-portable or nuclear launchers are multi shot

Attached: 107mm.jpg (287x176, 12K)

Like this, but four stack on top of each other. Would overwhelm most APS systems.

Attached: 37d73fbe245923a6704947de634e3569.jpg (520x464, 31K)

Might make sense if APS becomes common. Gotta deplete those countermeasures.

>non man-portable
What on earth does that have to do with OP's question?

OFC things change when your weapon no longer has to be humped around by a solider. At that point you can have multiple barrels AND warheads large enough to be worth a fuck, of course it makes sense.

But for something that's shoulder-fired by a soldier you have to pick either one rocket which can do a reasonable amount of damage, or you could choose multiple rockets which are too weak to do much good. That limits multi-barrel man-portable designs to applications where you don't need much range or a very large warhead....so in other words, shit like tear gas for law enforcement, or setting things on fire like the M202. If you want to be able to take out a tank or a plane--which is pretty much the only application of something like this--then you want one big rocket.

Because weight is much less of a concern with vehicle portable weapons. Therefore, the added weight is a seen as a useful trade off for the increased firepower.

nah, more is better

Attached: ДП-64_-_МВМС_2007.jpg (2000x1500, 2.44M)

Nope. You’d be better off coming up with some sort of feed system. It’d be lighter.
Or, for the same weight and size as two medium sized rockets, you could have one larger rocket

Attached: 1618a0b74de220adfe5a7d1a5d593c51b64a5d33_big.jpg (399x182, 36K)

That's a grenade launcher. That's the kind of application they do work well for.

OP is talking about a full-on rocket launcher, not weaksauce like that.

Increased firepower over a single barrel of the same caliber that is. If you design a weapon that’s the same exterior dimensions but uses a much larger rocket, it’ll have a higher payload, longer range and a lighter weight launcher

Attached: rpg (12)_ZZUI.jpg (414x276, 41K)

Attached: rpg (7)_htpr.jpg.ashx.jpg (660x495, 80K)

Attached: 13a67a766274t.jpg (500x375, 38K)

>weaksauce
Idk about that, user. 50mm rocket propelled grenades aren't nothing.

Attached: fhj_84_l4.jpg (1024x683, 595K)

Yeah, they pretty much are.

Attached: fhj_84_l1.jpg (800x600, 382K)

Attached: rpg_30.jpg (600x300, 53K)

They can kill people, sure. But they're no RPG-7 or Javelin

youtube.com/watch?v=HyAl9qK3Rlg
What you need is a shoulder fired 76mm gun.

A lot of Halo early stuff was impractical. 343 is so obsessed with realism they're trying to make stuff seem more "realistic".

The result is soul vs. soulless

Attached: 26667.png (857x1181, 654K)

which one is more realistic and which one has soul?
the only diference I see is low poly vs. high poly

The only one that’s objectively worse is the shotgun tho

>343 scorpion tank
wtf were they thinking... how does someone look at that and give a thumbs up?

Soooooooo an m32?

Attached: noobtube.jpg (1260x709, 84K)

The Scorpion tank was a terrible design because it was under utilized for what it should be.

The 4 tracks? Independently powered too. Extra Mine Resistance and in combo with it being all titanium, extra dispersal of heat.

The Single/Double Driver? Ok, bu in front of them in an APC like compartment that can hold 6-8 guys.

The separated turret and gun? Make it articulated and able to extend like a ladder lift.

The 90mm caliber? Meme it to be MAC tech, with a much longer 90mm round, but a lower velocity MAC gun, like "just" Mach 4. Make it a combination HEAT/Enhanced Fragmentation.

The Coax? Uh....improve it.

But nah, they did none of that.

As far as guns go, never add the SMG, make the original AR duel wieldable with the og pistols accuracy for a single rifle, the BR single shot explosive with plenty of ammo.

Something like that, but Pikes won't fit in those, so itd be about the size of a missile launcher anyways.

they both look pretty soulless to me. maybe you should just stop being a manchild playing games.

A lot of people don't play nuHalo. They play the old games.

>>non man-portable
>What on earth does that have to do with OP's question?
I think user is just being specific about his point

When I was in college on weekends I'd rail a bunch of adderall, play Warzone Firefight all day and come in first literally every match. It was good shit.

What the fuck did they do to the Scorpion?

Each of those shells is man portable and can be fired without the "barrel". It's the #1 long range threat in Afghanistan.

>ywn have another odst vidya

Attached: Halo3_ODST-Rookie.jpg (1144x1500, 605K)

Fpbp

They should have at least made a bigger deal of the shells it fired. I don't agree with the MAC idea because that's what the Cobra was supposed to fulfill.

Didn't someone just post this in /v/?

>completely covered in armor and fabric head to toe except for the fingertips