How did you get tinnitus?

how did you get tinnitus?

Attached: 1538161897685.jpg (394x360, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iUsYbuTukWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't

Attached: helpmefindtheartistpls.jpg (871x1200, 132K)

concerts

I had a Darwin Award moment with a toy power ranger gun as a kid

Eating food out of tin cans. That's why it's called tinnitus, stupid.

I've got worse ear damage from football than shooting desu.

Firing a mk18 indoors without hearing protection.

It's not as bad as some people seem to think. It's also not good.

From clappin’ your mom’s cheeks without Earpro.

My boomer parents took me to lots of loud rock concerts as a kid, typically within the first 10 rows of the stage. Also in middleschool I was really edgy and would listen to Rammstein through my shitty iPod earbuds at max volume.

Attached: 1563913569363.jpg (749x749, 86K)

Had it as long as I remember

WHAT?

Attached: 5d3419c27b22df0d93d2e816e494a777.jpg (960x637, 68K)

and a range trip as a kid without earpro

Attached: murray-mower.jpg (2000x2000, 248K)

No EEEEEEEE because I'm not retarded

What! Where is 10 Idahos? Theres only 1!

this, i feel bad for airforce fags

Music and motorcycles, remember to put some earplugs on under the helmet anons.

SNEED?

I got dragged into a nightclub by normalfag friends. Worst night of my life by fat and I got hearing damage to boot.

Dad let me shoot mossy to mark the finish when I was 11, so excited I forgot to put my plugs in.

IED when i was a young child.

Attached: EEEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEE.jpg (300x307, 60K)

This.
I have a 2,400 watt rms system in my car and rode an R1 for 10 years. All I hear is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stock exhaust? I have only had 2nd hand dirt bikes so they're always loud.

Impatience.
>Buy first gun
>Go to range
>No ear pro
>One mag shouldn't hurt
It cleared up after like 2 months of me walking around with cotton shoved in my ear. Don't know if the cotton helped though.

I had a two brothers slip on on all three of the ones I owned. Fucking deafening.

Either working the sandblaster or the air hoses at work, my dumbass didn't start wearing plugs till I was like four months in

Two cycle engines, mowers, blowers and really loud headphones

Working at a call center with a shitty tight headset and lousy volume and frequencies may do it.

One cannot be this retarded lol.

take your florical

This

Loud ass headphones in high school and no proper hearing protection in factories as an adult.

Military service

You have to be a dumbo brianlet to get it on the range.

Brown noise YouTube videos and ssris

>ssris
source on this?

Probably from the carbide lamp that exploded in front of my face

Many medications can lead to ototoxicity, but it's not common by any means in SSRIs. Someone would be more likely to get it from an antibiotic.

>concerts since age 11
>firework fuckery since age 6
>exposure to plenty of loud engines since birth
>one ND in a living room
>shot without ear pro a few times for lulz
>still no real tinnitus to speak of unless I get really drunk
shiggy diggy

Shooting high power rifle. I’ve only got a bit, but the
>eeeeeeeeeee
Never really goes away. Occasionally it’s more like a fisss then a pop.

.357 w/o ear pro. Always use it nowadays, unless im hunting.

Lifting my ear protection at the range to make a call. Or to put my earbud in.
2 times. Now I hear constant noise. Its bad

Roommate ND'ed into the the ceiling right next to my ear. Luckily the ringing only comes out occasionally. Autistic about having good ear pro now to make sure it doesn't get worse.

I had to take my earpro off during a shooting qualification because it didn't fit and I couldn't aim.

Fireworks blowing up by my head as well.

Am I the only one who has had this my whole life? It dosen't bother me because the ringing is all I know. I kind of like it sometimes.

>shooting without ear plugs
>many hours of sawing concrete without earplugs
>jackhammers without ear plugs
>chipping hammers without ear plugs
>loud ass headphones

I've had tinnitus since I was like 14 thanks to many hours of battlefield with my headphones turned up loud as fuck, so pretty much everything I mentioned above has just made it worse over the years.
Now I can't sleep unless a fan is on or I fall asleep to a video playing on my phone.

Melatonin knocks me out despite the ringing

Melatonin works. And it's cheap.

>t. Raging insomniac.

>how did you get tinnitus?
You don't I've been shooting since I was 10 years old and my hearing is perfect. These faggot threads like the 'lead poisoning' threads are faggot antiguns raid threads based on bullshit and self bumping shills spewing spastic nonsense. You have more chance of getting tinnitus going to concerts and nightclubs than sooting

This fucker right here.

Attached: CobraPlus_Helpful4.jpg (913x913, 60K)

Mowing the lawn and using chainsaws and shit without proper ear pro. It's actually not that bad, though, barely audible unless it's dead quiet.

>working at indoor range
>range isn't very crowded
>someone at is shooting suppressed
>can hear the bullet impact bullet trap
>pull off the right hand cup of my ear pro to see how quiet it really is
>not very crowded is not the same as empty
>someone else shoots unsuppressed at the exact instant I pop my ear pro off
>immediately come to terms with my own retardation

Now the spirits whistle to me when no one else is around

Forgot earpro while shooting a 20ga birdshot in a quarry.

That was my only mistake while shooting, ever.

>dad is a boomer redneck bubba that thinks ear pro is for pussies because none of his ancestors ever used any
>shot one of his bubba'd aks when I was six, .243 700 deer hunting when I was like 10

Attached: 20190420_163446.jpg (1504x2016, 646K)

Mines genetic exasperated by construction, metal, and guns

>10 to 12 years old, not 100% sure
>beg dad to take me to air show at local airforce/army base
>he does
>see all sorts of cool planes
>they're handing out earplugs
>think I'm too cool for earplugs, as I'm four feet and 65 pounds of pure kickass
>F-16 flies by really close
>SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>laughing hysterically because it's so sick
>go home
>realize a while later I can hear a high pitched noise when it's quiet, mostly only when I'm laying in bed about to sleep
>never heard of tinnitus
>decide that it must be electricity flowing through the wires in the walls
Fast forward a few years later and I realized that electricity doesn't make any noise, and all that my dumbass younger self ruined my hearing for life. I don't really care, though. What happened in the past already happened. I can't go back and fix it.

born with it

Gf and I went shooting, realized I forgot earpro once we got there.
She sat in the car while I fired five rounds out of my m44 nugget.
That was probably it

got a practice LAW at a gunshow with a few rockets.

Stupidly thought to myself these two things.
1. Rockets go FFFSSSHHHHHHHHWWWWW
2. Can't be louder than a pistol, I can take one pistol shot outdoors.

Pic related, I still have that one live rocket but I need to fix the safety on the tube to shoot it, I honestly don't have any plans on shooting it any time soon though
was the 4th of july, had a few friends on my deck in suburbia (north of chicago). Fireworks going off like crazy and it sounds like a warzone.
Set up a 'target', 3 wood pallets, a steel wheelbarrow and my shed, 20 feet down range.
load rocket, heart is pumping. Cock tube by extending it, pull safety to disable it. it's night out now (and thus the video failed...) and my target being so close, I don't exactly use the sights, not that I could see though them all that well anyway.
Push plunger, BOOOOOM! Either I was def or the entire neighborhood stopped shooting fireworks for a good 10 seconds in respect for the loudest 'firework' of the year going off. I'm thinking it was 10 seconds of respect because we blew a 1/4th stick of dynamite a few years before and the same thing happened.
You know those ww2 movies where they have a tank fire next to the main guy and he is all disorientated and just EEEEEEEEEE? yea, that's real at least in my expernace, took me a good min to recover from the disorientation and the EEEEEE lasted all night, now I can only hear it when there is no real noise around rocket, which I thought was not going to be very powerful or loud, had gone though all 3 wooden pallets with dead on hits on the wood. Punched a hole in the bottom of my wheelbarrow skipping off the wood supports and then keyholed into the side of my shed, to where somehow it did no damage to anything inside and just landed nicely on my lawn mower (the top rocket is the one i fired).
was a great 4th of july, kept partying on after I cleaned up. the EEEE's are not loud enough to bother me.

Attached: HfCOxQh.jpg (1836x3264, 225K)

Aye pretty sure mines also from air hoses at work, our shop runs off 2 200psi air compressors and its loud as fuck, I've estimated that the air hoses push our 120~psi and we use them for pretty much everything and the company doesnt supply any protection equipment
t. Professional detailer

If you're telling the truth you set off a LAW in northern chicago for shits and giggles during forth of July and just have another one laying around? If you're telling the truth
1. Fucking based
2. How the fuck did you get one
3. How did you not get party vanned?

There was one time before this that gave me a bit of hearing damage as well.

Was at a indoor bass proshop range, shooting my CETME (they have a 10x10 room with a 75ft hole) during the winter. this is back when I was 18 lol.

I ran out of ammo or needed a new target or something so I had gone out to the desk. random guy in the hallway between the pistol and rifle range sees me and asks if he can shoot my rifle. Sure, why not, loaded up 4 rounds, gave him my eyes and ears, stepped outside the door.

He then does the HK slap like I told him. fucking jams it. IDK how.

I walk in, fix the jam, load it and safe it. tell him to just take off safe and he can fire.

I'm 1/2 out the door of again, a 10x10 room with 75ft tube, when a 7.62x51 round goes off. not only that but my CETME has the century monkey wrench muzzle break on it blowing all that noise and gas in my direction.

I was a bit annoyed but it did not seem like I got any real hearing damage that day. was only one round as I got outside and closed the door quick.

Attached: IdcWcdn.jpg (2016x1120, 524K)

It's the truth lol.

I got it at a gunshow, they are just 35mm subcaliber practice rounds so they are legally the same as flair guns. classified as 'signaling devices' because they have a small charge behind white powder that goes poof when you hit your target.

for #2, I had a spent tube, got a subcal training unit and bought the rockets, they are not cheap but I only paid $50 per live rocket. kentucky gun shows are wonderful places.

this video is cringe, but they shoot the same thing. Also their rockets suck because they have some of the guide nubs broken off.

youtube.com/watch?v=iUsYbuTukWs

#3 - no one gives a fuck where I live. we are the not rich unincorporated neighborhoods sandwiched between the super rich neighborhoods. we get cops rolling around ever so often but all fireworks are illegal here and yet you will hear fireworks going off all the fucking time lamo.

Attached: 06fqFOY.jpg (4032x2268, 2.39M)

High volume music and playing in a band without earpros

what

listening to music at too high a volume.
i'm 22 and recently did a hearing test that said i have the hearing age of a 39 year old

Listening to music with headphones so loud you could hear it in the next room. I did this for years in my teens and early 20s. I'll probably be deaf by 40.

Blasting eurobeat while driving to and from work.

Why don't people ride with ear plugs? I have aftermarket exhaust and I don't go anywhere without them.

I've had it as long as I can remember

How do you think?

Just how bad is it?

because my father is half deaf and I had to spend my entire teenage years with blasting headphones on just to drown out the fucking boomer box and its endless stream of inane noise and advertisements

I went to a metallica concert

Shoved my head up ur mum's cunt and motorboated her cervix.

i really only get it when im in complete silence.

Attached: 1568671666580.png (513x496, 532K)

Drug reaction.
I had an eye injury and after taking a bong hit I experienced temporary, but extreme vertigo and hearing loss. It was like in the movies when a bomb goes off. I'd say it was a panic attack but I didn't feel anxious at all.

Loud music and loose women

hunting stuff that requires a lot of shooting (quail, dove) and a decade of playing music in bands

>be me
>retarded 12 year old
>4th of July
>I'm lighting firecrackers in my hand and throwing them
>only pussies light them on the ground and run
>grab one with a short fuse
>figure: "fuck it, I'll just throw it fast"
>lol
>light it, bring arm/hand back to throw
>fucking thing blows up in my hand just inches from my ear
>hand was fine (just one of those small blackcats), constant ringing in my ears though.
>be me in my early 20's
>at range to qualify on M16A2
>forget to put earpro in while waiting to go to my lane
>get on lane, range control says: "switch your selector from safe to semi, and watch your lane."
>"man, I can hear that really clearly...."
>"oh fuck"
>targets start popping up
>I can either put earpro in, and miss some targets, or start firing
>it's 17:00, in November, it's fucking cold outside, my hands are freezing, and I don't want to have to do this shit again
>start firing, each shot hurt worse than the last
>was able to get my earpro in after the 20 round prone-supported, but the further damage had been done
>ended up with a 35/40
>(wasn't worth it)
>constant tinnitus

Death metal/metal concerts.

It's not as bad as it used to be, the incident happened 8 years ago and the ringing only happens about once or twice a day, and it used to be damn near constant.

Monster Jam.

While i had my Tinnitus (from shooting a gun in a nogunz country were no one knows about basic firearm safety, including me at the time) years before i took my first SSRI i can definitly say it worsened my Tinnitus over the years.