Walther handguns

What's k's opinion on Walther handguns

Attached: images (4).jpg (554x554, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rlk3_y5cekg
youtu.be/V2RDitgCaD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the ones withe the paddle magazine release, I don't like the ones with the button magazine release.

g r i p s

Smaller grips for women's hands.

I have a 5" PPQ that I like a lot. Assuming they ever unfuck the Q4 Tac with supressor height sights that you can keep on the gun with an RDS, I'll get one of those too.

Good quality glockoff with some interesting design changes.

Trigger is a bit better, though harder to work on if you're into being your own armorer.

Retail price is lower but good luck with accessories.

>glockoff
care to elaborate? All I've seen from Walther that resembles Glock would be the method of field stripping. Beyond that the slide grips resemble a H&K, magazines are far off from Glocks, we don't even need to talk about the grip(s), and overall curves & angles are quite different.

Don't worry, we're early in this thread so you have time to gather your answer.

Not him, but I mean, it’s pretty apparent where they drew inspiration from, from the browning tilting action to the trigger safety.

youtu.be/rlk3_y5cekg

youtu.be/V2RDitgCaD0

>good luck on accessories
I've seen a lot of accessories available, have you had a hard time finding what you've been looking for? Or are you speculating without knowledge?

PPS vs the PPQsc? What's the consensus? I can't find both locally to compare. Infuriating.

Well, a lot of inspiration throughout the industry came from earlier Browning designs over the years. I was wondering where the "glockoff" term came from, and how it was relevant.

overall the SC model has the same feel of the trigger but it will be more snappy with the shorter grip and shorter barrel. if you have ~500 rounds through a standard PPQ than I think you know, roughly, what the SC is like. anything else your looking for?

I say they borrowed more than the browning design from the glock. Trigger mechanism, passive safeties, striker design are no pun intended, strikingly similar. It’s relevant in that competition breeds innovation. Nothing wrong with it.

Finding a decent holster has been a bear for my PPQ. Walther accessories aren't impossible to find, but they aren't practically falling from the sky like they are for Glocks and M&PS.

the single draw of the pistol, the trigger, has been intentionally downgraded because cops are universally incompetent and the germans said it was too light

I'm just a lefty looking for a good CC. Never actually fired a Walther but fingered a 380 PPK and liked the ergos.

Didn't like the shield. Didn't like the Springfield subcompact. Revolvers are too harsh of a trigger pull.

In what you said, I'd agree.
Not defending, but most of the market did the same too (in their own way).
Going back to the mood you portrayed, yes ?Browning really did set such a golden pathway of development and it's a little sad that they still haven't realized it and have practically abandoned the handgun market.

Personally, I find small/subcompact 9mm's to be more reliable overall than the micro 380's. Even the PPK isn't (after all of these years) on the top of the reliability list.
Being a lefty, in your case, I'd look at some of the Ruger offerings. Some of them have both ambi slide releases and mag releases too. I'll admit that some of their offerings may not be the most aesthetic or functional-feeling but they will probably be the most available among choices.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on getting a 380, I was more looking at the PPS and compact PPQ.

I've owned enough Rugers to know I don't really care for them (except for my security six).

Glorified Hi-Points.

Thinking about acquiring a Q5 Match (polymer) for competition. Y/N?

Attached: CjcrE1yUYAA3alg.jpg (600x450, 38K)

Glock is just an amalgam of prior designs though.
Modern pistols are like blues music, everyone is riffing off something from the last century or before

glock 34 if poor, shadow 2/other cz stuff if not. that gun is not worth its price at all.

I have a Creed as my unironic home defense gun. It mounts a flashlight, functions very reliably, holds 16 rounds in a stock mag, and only cost $350 so if it gets confiscated after I ventilate someone I won’t care.

I have a PPQ 9mm. I love that thing. I think I shoot more accurately with that gun than any other I have ever handled. Has the best out of the box trigger in my experience.

I liked it so much I bought the .45. A good gun but very different handling from the 9mm.

Most of them are pretty good. Not the PPK/s though.

They both work pretty well for a lefty. I didn't like the Shield 1 either but carry the PPS m2. Before that I had a Ruger SR9. If you like DA/SA maybe look at some HK's. The decocker is directly on the back of the slide so it's very easy to use from the left. For striker models, the VP9sk is a good option. Stuff like Berettas with the slide controls just take a lot of practice but on the px4 it's ambi. That's a con for some people.

Steel or another brand.

I've used JM Custom, Vedder, Tier 1, Dara for mine. Sights have been the biggest issue. Dawson makes great fixed fiber optics, but not an adjustable rear. You can get adjustable steel ones by calling Walther, but they are those dinky 3 white dots. The only adjustable I've found with fiber are $150 LPA sights like you get on the Q4/5 from fucking Italy.

Man, I kind of get it though. I cannot tell you how many times I've had a unintentional discharge trying to get back on the wall during Bill drills, etc. It comes down to more training, but PDs always want that hardware solution to a software problem.

The polymer option is fine starting out. Just about any long slide polymer gun with 6 magazines and some base plates would be.

I think the steel version was just Walther trying to make a quick buck selling 2000+ and get their own team using a Walther product for production and limited.

>Not the PPK/s though.

Is this fucking bait? I carry my PPS and everything about it is phenomenal.

I was carrying a Sig P320c then switched to the Walther. Dont regret it one bit.
6 rd for pocket carry and 7 or 8 for iwb carry.

Attached: 20190917_000153.jpg (2545x1524, 3.98M)

My new primary HD/OC gun

Attached: 20190919_190436.jpg (932x720, 705K)

Walther has always made great guns. The PPQ is top tier, have one in 9mm and in .40

Gen 1 PPQ ergos are the cream of the crop, and the paddle mag release is great for ambidextrous shooters.

Had a harder time finding a ccw holster for my PPS than I did any of my glocks; they obviously exist but with smaller market share comes fewer choices. Do like the tulster one though.

Spare magazines are more expensive; with Glock you have aftermarket makers as well.

Striker fired, browning action, safety lever in trigger, firing pin block, etc. . Not a criticism but an observation.

Nice.

Crappy potatocam photo but like mine as well.

Attached: 20190920_134715.jpg (2592x1944, 1.66M)

>Glockoff

Walther are better than Glocks in every way. You can't just pretend every autoloader pistol is one of your gay square guns.

It's glocktard cope.

they sponser crowder so they are cucked boomer trash

Walther PP, duh!?

All the seething in this thread.
I own only Glock pistols they're insanely reliable never had fte,ftf,or light strikes their perfect.
The ergonomics are meh,the grip is nothing special.
It has the highest capacity for full sized pistols,parts are cheap and easy to replace.
And probably the biggest reason price point to performance.
A new glock gen 4 is $500
New Beretta 92fs$600
New CZ-75$600
New HKvp9sk$600

Its robust and as reliable as more expensive pistols on the market.

Is there just a bot that watches for "Glocktard" and posts ancient prices or something? I've seen this pasta so many times in the last few weeks

Crowder has been a fucking rock on guns to the point of calling out Trump and actively hunts down liberals to wreck gun control arguments. He's done more for guns than you ever have even if he leans more interventionist than I do.

I haven't seen this copypasta for a while hour!

Let's test it. Ahem glocktard

The only Walther I've ever shot was a fugly PPX, but God DAMN was the trigger amazing.

All the seething in this thread.
I own only Glock pistols they're insanely reliable never had fte,ftf,or light strikes their perfect.
The ergonomics are meh,the grip is nothing special.
It has the highest capacity for full sized pistols,parts are cheap and easy to replace.
And probably the biggest reason price point to performance.
A new glock gen 4 is $500
New Beretta 92fs$600
New CZ-75$600
New HKvp9sk$600

Its robust and as reliable as more expensive pistols on the market.

>.40 keks.jpg

P99AS 9mm: absolutely LOVE this pistol. It's got the most ergonomic pistol grip I've encountered, 15+1 capacity, a DA/SA striker with decocker, and the best stock trigger I've found on a pistol (WITHOUT the stupid double-trigger). Carried one for years and still love taking it to the range.

P22: fun plinker, too many FTEs unless I feed CCI minimags exclusively. Supposedly a gunsmith can shave down an area on the bottom of the slide towards the hammer end to fix this, but haven't done it yet.

PPS: easier to conceal than the P99, not nearly as ergonomic, Glock-style trigger that includes that stupid fucking double trigger. Reasonable carry piece but I don't adore it like my P99.

G17: gastons perfect pistol
G19:gastons 2nd perfect pistol
G18:gastons 3rd perfect pistol

dont have too much experience with them but i like my p38

Attached: 26106BBE-C448-4ADC-A8D8-A9F0E8471E8C.jpg (2048x1914, 833K)

my model 28 and p38 and 870
wingmaster are all the same year, kinda neat i guess.

>they fit perfectly for me
>I'm a guy
Should I put on a dog costume and put a vertical grip on it?

Just wear a skirt.

They just can't stop being autistic, can these glocktards?

I have a Q5 (polymer) they're pretty nice ergos and triggers. Ask Burt on /hg/ he has an absurd amount of them

Do you have nice legs?

I shoot my PPS M2 better than some larger 9mm guns. I have no experience with anything else. The PPS I bought partly because of a price mistake way back when which made it 240. Nowadays that price is pretty common due to more competition. I like it more compared to a shield or g43 though, so I was eyeing it as my carry gun for a while. I like it more than a 365, but recently shot a 365 xl and it being slightly larger made a difference for me. Probably won't switch carry guns though.

I WANT A SINGLE STACK P99

They're legit great weapons.

underappreciated for their really great stock triggers
uninspiring for their design that looks like something I drew in the 3rd grade

Attached: walther collection.jpg (1800x1483, 1.07M)

The PPS M2 weighs as much as full-size handguns so I'd hope that you can shoot it as wellas one.

>grandpa buys a .32 Walther pp while in europe in the 1950s
>shot it occasionally but it mostly sat in a drawer from what my mom said
>didnt even know it existed until he died
>uncle inherits it, it goes back in the drawer
>uncle knows im the gun guy of the family and im hoping one day he'll just give it to me

also why the fuck are PPKs so expensive? Im seeing them on gun broker for like 800 or more

Attached: 1567473011380.jpg (1000x602, 261K)

should I get a ppk in .22 or a p22? I was going to save the ppk for a .380 or even .32 but theyre a bitch to find and I can get a .22lr for like 300 bucks

Attached: 1520199021661.jpg (273x240, 50K)

Nice picture. Mind if I save it?

Get the ppk with a threaded barrel.
P22 jams up if you dont use the correct ammo for it

The PPX is described as the forbidden love child of Walther and Hi-Point.
But yeah it's the ugliest Walther gun but it is a great gun

Admittedly this is a definite demerit on Walther.

They're shit that is constantly under recall.

Glockoff?
When the P99 came out it made gen. 2 Glock look old. It featured easy to change front sights (3 heights delivered standard), an adjustable rear sight (that can be adjusted and replaced using a screwdriver), adjustable backstraps (S, M, L), an accessory rail, an ambidextrous mag release, additional safety features, and a better trigger.

Sadly, Glock had saturated the market during the early 1990s and there wasn’t much room left for other polymer-framed wonder-nines (Walther, Steyr, H&K...).

Cuz they dont make them anymore

I don't like the slide lock bullshit on the PP/PPK.

I've got strong legs.
What would that change?

If and when there is a recall, they don't fuck around. Their turnaround time for recalls puts the industry to shame.

Well worth the money.

Redpill me on pic related

Attached: p881-thumbnail-470x320-70.jpg (470x320, 40K)

I like them. Also have a PPS M2

Attached: PPQ.jpg (2048x1536, 455K)