I want one dont know what to start with
I've shot
M4
MP5
Glock 9
What do you recommend

Attached: 93836.jpg (800x800, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-freedom-5-56-nato-1-7-midlength-nitride-odg-freedom-rifle-kit-5165449753.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The gun that is in your price range and fits your needs as an individual as well as being appropriate in regards to your states laws.

I live in Illinois
I'm looking for home defense
I'm looking for the best bang for buck literally lol. Something under 1000 and easy to maintain.

>M4
>MP5
>Glock 9
You haven’t shot any of those... hell, a glock 9 doesn’t even exist.

Don’t be a snob and/dumb/autistic...You know what he means. He’s shot a Glock 9mm and a facsimile of an MP5 and an M4.

I have in Vegas at a shooting range

PSA AR-15, go from there

Go to palmetto state armory and find the ar you think looks the coolest. Ship it to your FFL of choice and have fun.

I did this package

Attached: Screenshot_20190920-003502_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 513K)

What’s your budget my man?

Thank you like I said I'm not very experienced.

Under 1000

>Double my rounds
>$100
Kek

For the gun or all-in? I usually recommend for a rifle to double the cost of the rifle as the total budget. So you can get an optic, sling, soft case, ammunition, extra magazines etc.

As a first time buyer, you’ll want war and eye protection, cleaning kit, a range bag to put your stuff in. Maybe some gloves.

Do you already have your FOID card?

>IL
Some areas in Illinois prohibit the ownership of "assault weapons", so double-check if you live in one of them before looking to buy an AR-15.
You are also required to get a FOID card before you buy anything. From what I'm reading it's a shall-issue license so long as you aren't prohibited from buying/possessing firearms or ammunition.

With that in mind, I recommend getting a basic pistol. There is no Glock model 9, so I am assuming you shot a model 17 or 19 in 9mm Luger.
The Glock 19 is basically the Toyota Corolla of handguns, being so common that it is now supported by a vast aftermarket of parts, magazines and accessories. That makes it a sensible place to start and if you generally liked shooting it you would do well to buy one.
I still recommend trying out a variety of handguns at a rental range if you can. Just a wide variety like the Beretta 92, Px4, Sig P-series, CZ-75, maybe a 1911 or even a revolver for variety.

I also recommend getting an AR-15 if you can, while you can. They are super cheap right now. You can spend an extra buck on a nicer model with chrome lining if you want, but if buying a pistol leaves you short you can buy an stripped AR-15 lower locally (doesn't matter what brand, so long as it's aluminum and not plastic) and order a rifle kit from PSA for ~$300.
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-freedom-5-56-nato-1-7-midlength-nitride-odg-freedom-rifle-kit-5165449753.html
And boom, you'll have a fully functional AR-15 for ~$400 or so. You only have to assemble the lower, which is pretty easy if you get a buffer tube wrench and follow some basic instructions.
It won't be the absolute nicest AR ever and it won't impress anyone, but for $400 it'll do about 90% of what any AR can do and honestly that's a lot of bang for the buck. Equip it with a flashlight and some frangible ammo and you have an excellent home defense weapon. Loaded with cheaper FMJ ball it'll be a fun range gun and a capable enough fighting rifle.

MG rentals are a scam, I get these guns require upkeep, but damn, you can't even give people a full mag without charging an extra hundred bucks?

On a 1k budget you can build a basic AR and buy a handgun, although you may need to budget a little more for extra magazines (AR will need a rear sight too if you get the build kit I linked, it's not included), cleaning kit, eyes, ears and cases for transit.

If you have any money left over or just want some idea of where to go next, consider buying a shotgun.
Biggest bang for buck I can recommend here would be the Mossberg 500 or Maverick 88 combo deal. This is the one where you get a 5rd tube and an 18.5" barrel, but also a 28" barrel that you can swap in. That allows one shotgun to both work for home defense or just plinking at an indoor range and also double as a hunting or skeet shotgun with the longer barrel. Basically covers all the bases and the Maverick package deal is something like ~$230 new. Mossberg 500 is the same shotgun but a little nicer and usually costs around $300.

Thank you desu I didn't think about the side cost of owning a gun for safe storage and gear.

That's my first step my buddy said I can go to this range and apply I might do that tomorrow since I'm off Fri. Sat.

I shot at one in Reno where it was $100 for a package deal for 3 machine guns and +$12 per magazine if you wanted to shoot more. 9mm magazines were loaded with 25rds and 5.56 mags were loaded with 20. Not super good value of course, but you're paying more for the experience. Besides which I sure as hell am not going to be dropping 5 figures on a giggle switch firearm of my own any time soon.

just to watch him die?

Sure thing. One thing you’ll probably don’t shy you want sooner than later is a spotting scope. Nothing is worse than being at a rifle range and having to wait for cease fire to adjust your sights or hold over. Sure most ranges will ren them to you, but they charge a lot and it’: usually a beat to hell tasco or barska that’s grubby with bad glass.

That you can. They usually charge you a lot more than the FOID fee though. Usually $30 instead of the $10 for the card. I actually photocopied my DL picture since they use the picture from that for the FOID anyway. Save the $20 if you have a scanner/printer.

Nah he cheated at Poker so I had to go all Bill Jackson on him.

You got ripped off so hard. Get a glock 19 if you want a handgun for sure. I cant believe they only gave you 10 9mm rounds

Haven't seen this much bait since Martin Brody was hanging off The Orca with a white bucket.

$50 Las Vegas they have post samples you rent for tourists

fucker if youve shot them you should know what gun is the best

Bait?

That's definitely not the worst I've seen, where was it? I pass through reno fairly often and my dad mentioned he thought it would be fun to do, so I could set it up as a late birthday present for him.

Trying to get opinions
Lol why are you so angry
Fucking trigger fagget

Big Shot Indoor Range, 9425 Double R Blvd, Reno, NV 89521

Facility is a bit run down, but the staff are super nice and will even give you discounts/deals if you chew the fat a bit.

What's unbelievable about someone doing an MG rental and now wanting a gun?

Whats a glock 9?

Thanks my dude, wont be till November or so, but I'll post a webm if I can.

not OP but also wondering this except about shotguns in particular singe I'm under 21 and can't get a handgun

Attached: MonsoonI4.png (933x769, 563K)

maverick 88

Buy a police trade in Glock around 300-400. Buy a cheap ar15 parts set and receiver from Palmetto State armory for around 400. And buy a Maverick 88 shotgun for around 200. It should cover all your bases

>Mfw when here i have to pay 1100$ for a basic AR

Attached: 507-5075350_167kib-560x943-animated-sad-frog-pepe-the-frog.jpg (820x1023, 135K)

Ok but what are your AK prices like?

If this is the extent of your shooting experience get a .22 and drill good form and safety into yourself, then pick up either a pump shotgun or a cheap AR15 for home defense, 9mm pistol if you want to carry

>a glock 9 doesn’t even exist.
Yes it does, dipshit. It's just the compact version of the glock 7, and it costs twice your monthly salary.

$100 for 100 rounds of 5.56 and 9mm
>Every time the owner hears a gun shot he sees a dollar sign

>nice digits
You'd be surprised what I make in a month, faggot.