Colt wins new government M4 contract

FN BTFO

"Colt's Manufacturing Co. LLC, West Hartford, Connecticut, was awarded a $41,924,594 firm-fixed-price Foreign Military Sales (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Hungary, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Palau, St. Vincent and Grenadines, and Tunisia) contract for production for the M4 and M4A1 carbines. One bid was solicited with one bid received. Work locations and funding will be determined with each order, with an estimated completion date of Sept. 18, 2024. U.S. Army Contracting Command, New Jersey, is the contracting activity (W15QKN-19-D-0116)"

defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1966024/

Attached: 3a6091a467301f0fa740ad38f740a08f.jpg (720x893, 75K)

Lmao at all those people in the Colt threads the past couple days.

I told you they've stopped civilian production in the past to fill contracts and that is exactly what they are doing now.

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 208K)

>FN BTFO
Why? They're still making the M4s that matter. This is explicitly a contract to arm countries that are likely to pawn their guns to our enemies.
The army is literally saying "FNs for our boys in uniform, shitty Colts for the ANA, ISIS and Hezbollah"

But muh useless NRA. Muh fudds

COPE

>Why? They're still making the M4s that matter.

Last contract was for over 300 million of M4A1's and it included Colt and FN 50-50, this one was entirely awarded to Colt.

>olt can only get contracts if nobody else is competing
Interdasting

FN's contract is over in 2020, they must of learned FN was the inferior product and don't want to make the same mistake again, so colt gets all the dosh.

FN didn't even enter, likely since it was only supplying literal monkeys
desu I wouldn't want to be the company supplying any of these countries either

FN has always been good to the USA, and especially to American citizens. Gave JMB his big break. You can buy everything from competition over under shotguns to civilian legal versions of the SAW.

>and especially to American citizens.
FN hates american consumers

>only release 10 scars a year for $3000
>didn't even make AR's until 2014 for civilians
>Cheapest rifle is $1500 and has a non milspec barrel

I’m sorry that’s expensive for you.

How do they hate their customers?

>only release 10 scars a year for $3000
So?
Probably because they were too busy making parts for other companies to slap their names on.
>Cheapest rifle is $1500 and has a non milspec barrel
None of their guns are milspec; good FNs have CHF barrels and superior steel to milspec rifles. Milspec is the minimum, FN exceeds that.

Considering they didn't make M4 pattern ARs at all until 2013, this is an asinine thing to get upset about. Prior to that they could only make mil contract M16s, or they would have been caught in the same trap as Bushmaster was with their M4 case.

Enjoy your doesn't even meet milspec rifle, Could of bought a $530 gunshow special and had a better rifle.

>Colt can only get monkey model contracts now

I almost feel bad for them.

>one bid was solicited
>one bid received
gee

>FN exceeds that.
Milspec is a cold hammer forged chrome lined 5150 barrel, FN is not milspec, Actual FN's are made in SC, their poverty hobby guns are made in Virginia.

>could have

FTFY

So stay on track here. How do they hate their customers again?

>cant reading comprehend 2 sentences

thats a yikes.

>cold hammer forged
Wrong
>5150
Wrong

Go on, you seem very educated on this subject, please tell me more about it.

>FN is not milspec
i could have sworn thats what he just said

Moron doesn't even know what milspec is, you expect him to be able to figure out why something is good or bad? All he knows is "hurdur it's what duh army uses! Colt the best!". Fucking cretin probably actually likes government profile barrels too.

>desu I wouldn't want to be the company supplying any of these countries either
COPE

You still haven’t said why. I’m waiting.

Cope with Colt circling the drain, their final chance at redemption being supplying third world shitholes and Hungary with rifles, because the US military wants to see if they can even do that properly this time.

>all these FN shills from the last threads be like "Colt dead lol"
>now they're desperately trying to make it look true
lmao

No, they're not dead. They're just a shambling corpse of a company kept alive artificially, like Remington or AOL.

Ya sorry no one wanted a stupid horse gun when I was in, only shitty boots got stuck with colts.

Fuck colt for joinging the civilian market gun control effort

>t. neverserved

Hey in 50yrs there is going to be a bunch of colt M4 parts kits flooding into the county.

*Sips*
When will you kids learn if it ain't a COLT BRAND COLT, it AIN'T SHIT

Attached: 1532368721734.jpg (1500x1378, 220K)

Foreign Military sales (FMS) aren't new. Colt just completed an $57 million FMS contract for 10,000 rifles; estimated to be completed today (9/20/19).

So, they successfully completed and fulfilled the $57 million FMS contract and on their estimated completion date, was awarded with another $41 million FMS contract.

AND, they still have a 50-50 split contract with FN for the US Army through Sept. 2020.

Kind of like the Colt ARs we gave to the Philippines and Israel that came back to the US as parts kits. Oh, wait.

Correct, that's why I don't buy Colt brand Colts, because I greatly prefer it when my AR isn't shit.

Thank you, wise boomer.

What the fuck does AOL even do?

So the government is throwing a rope to Colt in hopes that they don't completely sink and then we're reliant on a foreign company to make our primary service weapons. Cool. I doubt Colt will get their shit together though.

AOL still offers dial up service, as well as their curated web browser. LOTS of elderly people still use them. It's really really sad when you try to help them and they just can't understand that they're nearly 30 years behind.

I am having a hearty chuckle over the thought of how many boomers just read the headline that colt was ceasing production and are now going to be paying a premium for colts guns thinking they wont be able to get them anymore

They still offer email, too.

I enjoy flexing on boomers by using my [email protected] account.

>tfw I literally do the same thing
It establishes dominance whenever you give out your email address. They want to ask if you're joking, but fear prevents them.

Based,love colt.

boomers are mentally retarded when it comes to finance so i have no doubt they'll do that.

Good for colt, I hope they continue to trigger poors and others.

I love how all the lefty news sites are making articles about how its a win that theyre not selling ar-15s to civilians, when in reality, its just cause theirs werent selling and they cant compete against the hoard of other better and cheaper ars.

So colt is now just selling their roll mark to third world niggers where they'll be sold off into other less legitimate third world niggers and used to indiscriminately kill other impoverished third world niggers?

What a legacy.

It does cement them though in history. The soviets did it with the AK and now theyre in all modern conflicts.

>Foreign Military Sales
kek

It's a fantastic contract for Colt, but the entire contract is going over seas to other nations. I think the FN contracts are fine. 2020 Will come around and FN will get another contract for supplying the US M4s.

>year is 3045
>UNOF Government is seeking new service chem rail rifle for entire army
>16 participants
>Colt sends in their M16/M4
>rejected
>Colt very very confused on why they were rejected and throws a tantrum

Sooo they’re going straight to isis probably great

Personally I like Colt, so I'm not taking sides here, but can confirm.

I was the only one in my platoon that got a Colt M16. Everyone else had FN's. They all made fun of me.

Cool bro, did you kill any children in your deployment?

>The soviets did it with the AK and now theyre in all modern conflicts.
Many of the AKs you find in turd world conflicts came out of the USSR in one of two ways. Military aid for whatever band of fighters could read well enough to regurgitate Marx or collapse sales. After the Soviets imploded Warsaw pact nations had a ton of hardware and needed cash. The 90s were an arms boom the likes of which we may never see unless the U.S. implodes.

>paying Colt to make more M4's

Attached: 1563214359782.jpg (698x672, 26K)

Semi true. Prior service e5. Was issued a brand new FN, still caked with packing grease in osut while all the boots got beaten to shit colts.

Is it also funny that LMT makes rifles for Estonia and New Zealand.. also known as Foreign Military Sales?

No. I guarded a fob. Careful with that edge.

>Throws tantrum harder
>Still gets a contract

So Colt is doing the one thing that has been keeping them alive for decades now? Shocking.
Email aside there are still a few million dial up subscribers in the US, almost all older people living in bumfuck nowhere.

Feels amazing.
Almost as good as a usente handle.

>Implying he's edgy
It's a legit question. We need those who would kill Jewish children.

cringe

No fucking way they only release 10 scars a year.

Didn’t know this was a thing, but I feel the same way when I bust out my first-name last-name Gmail address. My name is super common, too- I get emails all the time for other people with my name who give out my email for in-person sales crap.

Now THAT’S edgy

Just get the Robinson arms XCR-M instead of the SCAR