Gun phases

What is a gun you liked when you were younger but now are like why did I like it
>fn five seven
>much armor piercing
>much 20 round flush fit mag
Weird safety muh ballistics
Hard to find ammo
Beretta 92 18 round flush fit
Cz p09 19 round flush fit
9mm can find it anywhere in the world
Plus it cost a 1000 dollars

Attached: 220px-FN5711.jpg (220x177, 12K)

I actually disliked the Five seveN until I shot one.
I loved 1911s as a kid until I got one and it never worked.

I used to hate 1911s till I got one
It is kind of like having on old west type gun
Like something a cowboy would carry a few years before the end of the era

Attached: il_794xN.1992951979_1acb.jpg (794x1059, 188K)

>fn five seven
is it wrong i want one even though i know it's overpriced and i could probably find better guns than that?

No. It shoots like a dream, feels great in the hand, and looks pretty cool imo. I love mine and happy I got it

i'll see if i can find one at a good price, how much did yours cost?

$1100 new in the case with 3 20rd mags. Not gonna lie, it's a fucking expensive gun but I absolutely love it.

If you're serious about getting one make sure it's the mk2. My buddy has the mk1 and there's a noticeable difference in how crisp the trigger is and a few other little things like the grip size between his mk1 and my mk2.

alright thanks for the input

I think glocks are boring because thats all i got to shoot as a kid and think the 1911 is cool but im too tiny to properly handle it.

SACO Crossfire.

I still want a Wilson KZ-45 and a PTR in .243Win though.

post boy pussy

Glock 19.

It's such a boring gun, but jesus it's fun to shoot and reliable as fuck. I have a love hate relationship with mine. So much, that I've sold and bought this gun twice. I had to get it in od green just to make it a little more pleasing to the eye. Either way, it still my conceal carry.

For me it was not necessarily about a particular brand but the look of a gun. I was always into service-sized guns - Glock 17, Beretta 92, HK USP, CZ 75B etc etc
I thought why would you ever want a gun with a short barrel and a low capacity magazine? Snub-nose revolvers? Don't get me started! I guess they're fine if you're a chick.
Then I got a chance to shoot a Walther PPK in .32 ACP and I honestly enjoyed it more than a CZ 75B, more than a Glock 17, more than a Sig P220. Immediately I went out and bought one myself.
Then I thought if I'm wrong about one thing, I'm probably wrong about many more. Rented a 2-inch .38 special revolver and had a blast.

My current phase is "What the fuck is a .380 ACP. You might as well just get a proper 9mm"
Maybe my mind will change if I ever get to shoot this thing but right now I have absolutely zero interest.

Modern .380 defense ammo is based though.

Maybe, but I mean, you're getting a gun that's just as thick as any 9mm Luger but it's like half the power.

I was a total AK fan growing up

Now i realize only terrorists and guys with small dongs own and use them

>any
Agree as far as .380 only makes sense in single stack pocket compacts.
Does anyone even currently make any other style in that chambering?

I don't know about the US market, but here in EU we have the CZ83. It's a .380 with a double stack magazine, holds 12 rounds, looks almost exactly like the Russian Makarov pistol.

I used to make up categories of guns that I "need." For example, gotta have a:
>steel frame competition pistol
>polymer frame competition pistol
>steel frame suppressor host pistol
>polymer frame suppressor host pistol
>full size duty pistol
>compact pistol
>subcompact pistol
>single stack subcompact pistol
>single stack subcompact pistol but in .380
>10mm handcannon
>10mm handcannon with shorter barrel
>competiton .22lr pistol
>SHFT .22lr pistol
And probably a few more. Now that I'm paying the bills I have a Glock 45, 19, and 43. I have no desire to buy another handgun. A sidearm is a sidearm. It doesn't fucking matter in the slightest.

What are the real world ballistics of the five seven on soft targets? Having a really hard time finding gel tests of the 27gr lf rounds which I read are the standard for "defensive ammo"

Shotguns. Doesn’t really fill any niche I need.

>tacticool/all of the accessories
Lost interest because it's dumb.

>long range shooting, complete with getting interested in 6.5mm cartridge of the month
Lost interest because it's a hassle to actually deal with checking/changing targets when shooting for accuracy at longer distances, I don't have much practical use for it, and I still have a hard time trusting optics after some bad experiences I had after first getting into guns.

>milsurps
Mainly lost interest due to rising prices and surplus ammo drying up. I still like them, but it's hard to justify buying another gun at those prices and then dealing with either buying or reloading for another less common caliber.

>tactical rifle shooting
Lost interest when I started to consider how I don't ever see myself assaulting a position or doing anything else "tactical" where the visible presence of a rifle wouldn't be more of a hindrance than the advantages a rifle offers.

>big bore handguns
Lost interest when I realized how little of a difference there is in handgun ammunition and how most of the insistence on more powerful ammunition being necessary for some roles is due to people who haven't done their research and just think less powerful ammunition must not be effective if more powerful ammunition exists.

>suppressors
Lost interest a year or two ago when it became clear that deregulation would never happen, I'd never be able to enjoy them how I wanted without tons of red tape getting in the way, and the Republican party never cared about gun owners and refused to even bring pro-gun bills to the floor.

>.22 pistols
I still like shooting the one I have, but I don't think I could ever consider purchasing another after the Obama era ammo panic combined with the possibility of an indefinite ammo panic if one kicks off with a Republican president since the Republican party doesn't actually care much about guns.

>tiny pocket pistols
I don't like them as much as I used to due to issues related to picking up my brass for reloading. They tend to have significantly less consistent ejection vs larger pistols (my S&W Bodyguard .380 ejects almost anywhere in a 360 degree arc), and tiny cases that would make collecting brass a complete pain in the ass would be an issue if I was to get a Baby Browning or other tiny .25 ACP pistol that I wanted.

>pistol caliber carbines
Got out of it because just shooting handguns at longer ranges felt more rewarding at first, followed by the realization that I'm actually not giving up much practical accuracy by just going with a handgun and I was already downloading my magazines anyways.

>having a gun for every specific purpose
I ran out of specific niches that I cared about filling and started getting more interested in getting more done with less.

Sorry for the blogpost, I just started typing and didn't realize how much I had typed until I went to post it.

Get some Elite Ammunition ammo, I like their T6b it's expensive but performs well better than FN AP stuff.

Depressing tbqh.

>cowboy
>1911

While browning was designing into the end of the cowboy era, thats a real stretch. 1911 would be easier to associate with bootleggers and chicago mob chic

Glock
>used by Mulder sometimes and other cop dramas i loved as a kid
>always wanted one
>finally shot a rental g4 g19 at range
>finger groove ass
>kept jamming for unknown reasons, range officer had it jam up on him too after accusing me of limp wristing it and telling me how it was just cleaned yadda yadda
>every 5-6 rounds was a FTF of some kind
miserable experience completely made me disinterested. And its a shame. Wanted to like it and had $500 to slap down right there. I still have no idea what was wrong. Maybe the maintainer fucked it up somehow, unless i got the world's worst box of federal aluminum. Maybe glock doesnt like aluminum case?

Only somewhat. There are a lot of things I'm still interested in or want to try, and things that I'm hopeful for on the horizon.

Being a range gun, it probably has tens of thousands of rounds fired through it and has suffered poor maintenance. Considering you said FTF and not FTE, it may also be a mag issue. Mags are probably just as abused as the gun. My Glocks eat any and all aluminum, steel and brass case I've put through it. Sucks you got handed a POS, Glocks have always treated me well.

I thought it may be mag related but the RSO didnt have another he was willing to loan (he had his personal 19 but oh well). I may give them a second chance sometime. Maybe LEO glock surp in gen 5 while show up on AIM, or just get a gen2 and an add-on rail