I think that tritium is dead

So, I recently acquired a CZP07 which was supposed to come with tritium sights out of the box, the thing is these sights are just white dots like in pic related and they don't glow unless I shine some light directly into them and then it only lasts for a short bit. I don't think that tritium sights need to be "activated". Am I fucked up? Should I just get some new irons?

Attached: IMG_20190920_150234.jpg (3120x4160, 1.64M)

This is what happens when I shine a light directly onto them

Attached: IMG_20190920_150431.jpg (3120x4160, 1.39M)

>it's just as good as Glock

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Attached: IMG_20190920_150534.jpg (3120x4160, 619K)

theyre not designed to glow bright in the daylight, they're not LEDs. they make the sights more visible in low light.

They aren't tritium. CZ use some stupid paint shit for the night glow.

Attached: 1549859656030.jpg (1533x1533, 186K)

You realize the half-life of tritium doesn't change depending on what gun its on, right?

They are not visible in low light my man, not unless I shine a light on them

Look at that fucking Glock glowing bright and proud in the background

user, the tritium night sights on my M&P work just fine whether or not I shine a light. Send it back to the factory.

Do you not understand chemistry?

C O P E

Tritium does not glow from absorbed light, it glows from the decay of tritium (hydrogen isotope).

Half life isn't just a video game user.

IT'S OK user. Jow Forums SAID THEY'RE JUST AS GOOD

lmao If only I could, I don't live in the US and mine was imported from the Czech Republic, I think I'm just gonna get me some aftermarket ones maybe some Dawson precision ones or ill get a red dot and use the stock sights as co-witness idk

Attached: 1560188905964.jpg (960x960, 169K)

If it's glowing after being "charged" by light... It isn't tritium at all.

All the shit flinging here is ridiculous. It's a simple concept

user, either you bought the wrong thing by accident or you've been duped. If they glow more after exposure to light then that's just ordinary glow in the dark paint. By the sounds of it, a cheap brand too.

Tritium is powered by constant nuclear radiation, so the glow is dim but unchanged by outside light.

I have tritium sights on CZ75 SP01 and while they're not super bright, they're certainly visible in low light. Whatever you have they aren't tritium sights.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

>paid for tritium and got cheap knock offs
Nice. Did you buy new?

Were they advertised as night sights or tritium? Because the night sights are just glow paint. But I highly recommend upgrading to tritium.

Attached: DSCN1507.jpg (2576x1932, 1.07M)

Tritium is fluid in a glass vial set into silicone. You should see a silicone ring around a smaller glass circle.

If it looks like a dot of paint, then it's just glow in the dark paint, which sucks.

Your first mistake was buying the P07

Glass vial nested in silicone

Attached: 21E-nZ4YliL.jpg (350x181, 7K)

Glow in dark sights like what comes on a Walther.

The p-07 is a great gun,like a USP but better and for less money. If you got phosphorus glow sights marketed as "night sights" thats a cheap trick. I'd be pissed.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x267, 8K)

Hope this is helpful OP, don't listen to p-07 haters.

>imported a CZ
Fucking what

Then they aren't tritium. Tritium glows no matter what and the brightness will not change if you shine a light on it.

Return it or ask for proper sights.

>like a USP but better
Don't even fucking start with that bullshit. The haters are wrong but so are you.

>This

It's better than a USP, deal with it.

they could just be dead. shits pretty much dead to unusable in 7-10 years. even if its new it could be a first gen p07 that was dead stock for almost a decade

It's not even a good CZ. I get that you feel strongly about it because it is probably your first and only pistol and those anons were making fun of your gun, but you are stepping out of line right now.

It's what CZ does, make copies but try to make them better than original.
Cz 75
>Browning Hi-power
P-09/p-07
>USP
P-10
>Glock

Tritium thread?

Attached: IMG_20190920_202049767.jpg (3072x4096, 1.47M)

I did have one actually, it was fine. I also had a USP. I liked the CZ better, fit my hand better and trigger was as good.

If they were dead they'd just be dead and wouldn't brighten up with application of light.

My p-01 is, has the warning in the manual about radioactive substances and all that shit. They kick ass too, not super bright but I don't want them to be.

>me liking it makes it objectively better
This is the most reddit post I have ever seen.

>pretty much dead to unusable in 7-10 years
o rly? This is a picture I took just now in pitch black of some sights I installed in 2010. They really aren't as bright as when I first got them but back then they lit up my wall when I had them on my nightstand.

Attached: DSCN1721.jpg (2576x1932, 794K)

>If they were dead they'd just be dead and wouldn't brighten up with application of light.
tritum doesn't work that way
it yours do do that they arent nightsights
its just luminescent paint

>fit my hand better and trigger was as good.
t. size xs glove

if you think thats still usable its up to you. for me shit might as well not be there if it has to be pitch black to notice the glow and unusable at low or partial light

Nothing objective about you either kid.

I can span a piano octave easily with 1 hand and palm a basketball you manlet.

You say that, but I really kinda doubt it. CZ grips are tiny as fuck.

Can you post a picture of your sights? I have some brand new ones on a different gun and I'm not noticing a huge difference.

P238 also fits my hand great; shape and grip user.

We're going to have to agree to disagree.

on poster with a brain here

That isn't tritium dude, it's just glow in the dark paint. Actually read about the gun before you buy it.

The half life of tritium is around 12.3 years

Top shelf shit post, no real information, just Islamic levels of Fudd opinion

You must be the 6’8” hip hop artist they designed the m9 for

Ok, Mrs. Obama

>It's better than a USP, deal with it.
This is the post I was replying to, yet I am the one with the Islamic lever fudd opinion. Whatever the fuck that means.
CZ grips are tiny. The funny thing is I am not 6'8".

Have you held any of these guns before? Have you held a single gun before?

I held the base of my dong while railing your mother, does that count?

Also I am not a robot

>activating tritium

nigga did you miss the lecture in high school physics class about nuclear decay?
Your shit is just weak.

Top shelf post. Your dick must be tiny. Don't be ashamed about your baby dick.

Hehe four inches long and as big around as a soup can

OP can we get a non-blurry photo so we can tell if the sights are painted or tritium vials?

3 confirmed

A new gun you buy now with new tritium sights will never totally fade away in your lifetime.
It will be half as bright in 15 years and so on but you'll still see it.
Tritium is a good investment.

It's not tritium. You're still undecided? CZ "night sights" are glow paint. OP probably thought that meant tritium.

Get tru
glo tfx

07’s and 09’s do not come standard with tritium sights. It’s phosphorescent paint.