QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread. For those of you that don't know what a search engine is, look no further.

Attached: 1442801475808.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/firearms/applications-eform-4473-download
4channel.org/feedback
differencebetween.com/difference-between-plasticity-and-vs-elasticity/
explainthatstuff.com/how-springs-work.html
midwayusa.com/product/1006282773?pid=112114
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when filling out the 4473 do i write everything in capital letters? also is there an online version so i can just get a full rifle shipped to my door?

>when filling out the 4473 do i write everything in capital letters?
no
>also is there an online version so i can just get a full rifle shipped to my door?
no

No and lol fuck no.

>>when filling out the 4473 do i write everything in capital letters?
>no
okay because thats what i read the form on the ATF site and it made it seem that way. an example form had it filled in caps too

If you want to.

I need one of these for reasons. Is it possible to build one?

Ps. Thanks for this thread, I'm currently range banned since someone near me is a fuck head, posting banable/illegal shit.

Attached: ineedthis.jpg (1600x971, 100K)

I just wrote in my normal writing; I didn't block print any of mine FWIW.

Here's a pretty retardy one but I really want an honest answer

>Want adventure
>Plan to enlist in the army as an infantryman
>Maybe try and make it to 75th if possible, although it's optional
>Sign up for a couple of deployments
>Get out
>Go help the kurds in fighting ISIS
>Probably spend another 2 years after that just traveling fighting in other wars or conflicts around the world
>Don't have much to live for
>Don't even know what I want out of life
>Figure this is a way to make something somewhat decent out of it

What's your opinion OP/Fellow anons?

WRONG NIGGAS

You're gonna end up in the motor pool bored out your ass for 4 years and by the end of it the ME situ will be completely different.

What magical place do you inhabit prey tell fren?

Unless you're talking about C&R FFL holders or something.

Full functioning machine shop and a decades worth of machining knowledge.

fucking hell is there anything interesting to do?

Attached: 67697116_441141609809800_3790877335339663360_n.jpg (500x518, 34K)

How fuckin dumb would I be to buy an alexander arms .50 Beowulf rifle just to have one.

Wash rocks in exotic locales while you develop a cigarette habit.

Minor details.
But is it plausible? I've been searching for plans on the internet but have come up empty.

Major details. You could have the most comprehensive cad document in front of you but if you're an utter imbecile in the shop you'll only manage to maim yourself.

I was looking at those about an hour ago. Seems pretty fucking dumb to me but if money is no object then why not?

Does anybody understand these sizings? I know enough to know I'm gr16 but I'm unfamiliar with 16-1,16-2, and 16-3.
Is this just bullshit or is there a size difference?

Attached: grsizings.jpg (255x795, 58K)

I'm training a new guy at work and showed him how we tie id tags on each lot. A few days go by and I notice a lot of tags are falling off. It turns out he is just wrapping the string around the parts but not tying a knot. I was going to say something to him but then I noticed he doesn't tie his shoes either, he just stuffs the strings in after pulling it tight. How do I ask this otherwise bright seeming individual if he knows how to tie a basic knot or if he is retarded without hurting his feefees?

Yeah yeah yeah, righty tighty, lefty loosie. The reciever looks to be the most difficult part to make. But I need the plans.

The tactful way to address something like this is "review the procedure" where you demonstrate the knot clearly and slowly and then have him do it in front of you until he gets it right, that way he can save face.

Rob a bank. Shits exciting
Prison is exciting too, but not in a good way

My ak barrel pin when in easy half way then needed a hammer to get it the rest. How fucked is it? I'm going to fire it this weekend to see that it all works, but I'm kinda already planning on getting .300 reamer and oversized pin.

Remember to send feedback about all the spam and the mods refusal to work
4channel.org/feedback

Why the fuck my new muzzle break keep un-threading after a couple mags?
I don't want to lather babbies first AR in loc-tite..

Attached: 20190920_194656.jpg (4032x2268, 2.7M)

Surprise sex!!!!

it's a 50 cal fuckin AR. They are around 1500-1800 buck so it really ain't THAT BAD of a price.

Lot of money but it'll be fuckin neato

Why does the m23 pioneer hang so low on the body. The possible plate carrier part literally covers the belly instead of the lungs/heart. Is there a similar alternative?

Did you remember the crush washer and did you install it properly?

Yeah I tried the birdcage washer and the one enclosed with the new brake.
Hand tightened and then used a rubber pad and slipjoint pliers to get one more turn out of it/align the baffles.
Little fucker still wanders a quarter turn off after ~60 odd rounds.

A-Am I retarded?

Sounds like you did everything right to me, though all I fuck with is birdcages. Locktite the fucker.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't completely losing my marbles. Thanks fren.
Home Depot here I come.

Thinking of getting a brownell repro M16.

Any input from someone who owns one?

Cheaper to build your own and piss easy. It'll also be a clone and not a ripoff in a A1 receiver.

As an addendum: You really ought to get some kind of recoil compensating brake dude. I bought a VG6 Epsilon for that AR-10 after a buddy of mine put the Gamma on his WASR and dude, it's scary how ease of weapon handling improves. Especially when you're mag dumping or picking successive targets and want to keep your sight picture on one plane. No muzzle rise, big reduce in felt recoil. It's a solid investment.

Even if your lo-budget, I'd buy a good break before a good optic any day.

Attached: proxy.winnet.fwd.image_return_23.jpg (800x571, 30K)

I bought a truck from the Airforce. Truck was a Whittman AFB. It was old but in good shape, low miles, fresh paintjob over dents, paperwork showed that the steering column had been replace and charged back to a unit. I figure someone bored out of their mind watching a runway with nothing going on or maybe got a bad letter or phone call and kicked in the steering column. The some brass told a airframe mechanic to look busy and paint a 20 year old truck, so he just was a dumbass and under pressured the gun and painted right over dents. I'm telling you this because the military is for professional dumbshitery, You can also die for nothing too. Join the Coast Guard. Spend a few years fighting terrorism on Lake Michigan, and cleaning rust off of boats. Get muh benefits and maybe a degree in maritime law or become a merchant marine. Don't do some dumb shit where you're stuck with a bowling ball boss.

I've got an A1 and A2 clone to my name working on a CAR-15 atm. Appreciated, but high speed low drag is lost on me.

I fill mine out in all caps because that's how I write all the time.

What would y'all pay for pic related atm, got my eye on one. Romanian CUR2

Attached: 43984597_264762684222858_3306447560957536557_n.jpg (1080x1080, 157K)

Can I load 9mm magazines for a sig226 to capacity and leave them that way. I thought it was just dumb myth about tension but some people cast doubts

Springs wear from compression cycles, so getting used. Feed lips can get damaged on plastic magazines without reinforcement or caps. Plastic shells can get deformed if stored for too long.

Very sick, dude. You've got exquisite taste in AR aesthetics.
When I grow up I'm gonna build me an A2 with wood furniture.

Drilling through rear of my Draco right now to attach a brace, not making much progress with any bit titanium, cobalt, or carbide. Carbide seems to be removing metal but holes not getting deeper. Any advice? Been going at it for about an hour with a cordless drill.

Attached: Screenshot-10.png (1092x1387, 1.65M)

Using oil I hope? Looks like you're almost there, don't rush it

using CLP just cause its whats on hand. Is it supposed to take this long?

It shouldn't, as long as you're using some serious quality bits, keeping rpm's low to keep heat down, and using oil. I'd guess maybe 5-10 minutes.

A pilot hole would make this easier.

Where the fuck can I find AR mags that fit 2.390 COAL 5.56. I can find a million forum posts talking about them but I can't find a place that sells them.

differencebetween.com/difference-between-plasticity-and-vs-elasticity/
The above link is worth reading but has caused your misinformation.It's a spring, and is designed to operate under a known load. It will fail, eventually, but not from compression as the below link explains in the "what a spring is made of" section at the bottom.
explainthatstuff.com/how-springs-work.html
I hope these help, but if you TLDR, spells it out.

You can write in all caps if you want but you don't have to. It is more important to write clearly, if writing in block letters helps you then that's what you should do.

No you cannot have a rifle shipped to your door unless you are an FFL or the gun is BP/antique. As a regular person buying a modern firearm it has to be shipped to an FFL for transfer.
It's possible sure. Legal? Not with an electric motor but technically if it is hand cranked it would be.
It's very dumb but people spend money on dumb guns all the time.
Only question is this: is the exact flavor of dumb that particular setup provides worth the money for the upper and ammo to you? If so, buy it.
I have shot one once and it's a real ass-kicker, I can tell you that. I get the same effect firing slugs out of my shotgun though and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
Last one I found sold on GB was $800. Other forum ads from a couple years ago had them listed for about $700 each. Seems about right with WASRs selling for ~$600-700 nowadays.
I've seen one magazine worn out from being loaded, but it was an M1 carbine magazine (not the best design) left loaded since the 1940s.

Realistically with a modern magazine it should be fine. The spring is usually not at full compression when the magazine is fully loaded. In fact the only magazines I've managed to damage were stored disassembled with the springs out under no tension at all (CA laws, back when "rebuild kits" were a thing).
I've had 2 Glock 10rd .40S&W mags loaded for years and when I tried them they worked fine.

If you're worried about it, keep a few loaded, a few unloaded and rotate them every range trip.

I want to buy a SBR. What do I need to do? I live in the great state of Pennsylvania.

is my 75B's firing pin not penetrating deep enough? bottom one is the Cz, top is my PPS for comparison.

Attached: 20190920_141945.jpg (1288x966, 286K)

do you have any comparisons using the same ammo? it could just be a difference in primer hardness.

damn, not I don't have any examples of that. I'll look next time.

new to reloading. don't want to pay for a brass tumbler.

I've been cleaning my brass with ~30 minute baths + periodic shaking of hot water, tide, salt, and comet. how many times can I do this before I expect to see erosion of my brass?

Trying to figure out the burn rate of brass vs the cost of a tumbler.

pic related before/after

Attached: IMG_20190920_220550_690.jpg (3023x3023, 1.93M)

Best holster for CC a Glock 20 as a 5'10" skellington?

Attached: wrong turn at albuquerque.jpg (736x534, 116K)

Assume you're reloading, why not just seat the bullet deeper? Are the bullets not touching the lands or something?
Looks fine to me. Any FTF's?
I'd say it's more a question of what your time is worth to do all that washing. Pretty sure the brass will degrade exponentially faster from firing vs cleaning / tumbling but I'm not an expert

vertical grip on a shockwave?

Attached: 70669776_10162838735230144_4360749801084551168_n.jpg (750x732, 59K)

>Last one I found sold on GB was $800. Other forum ads from a couple years ago had them listed for about $700 each. Seems about right with WASRs selling for ~$600-700 nowadays.
Thanks! I've been watching prices on GB and a few auction sites for some 5-6 months and all the Romy's seem to be $1k+, when you can find them

Seating it deeper can create dangerous pressures. The issue is I can only fit two rounds in a magazine because they are long. Otherwise they work fine,

A quick glance at other mfg's shows OAL more in the 2.24 range, either they're using shorter bullets or seating them deeper. I can't imagine an AR mag with a tenth of an inch + missing from the inside, but maybe it's possible

They exist, but I can not find them anywhere. DPMS made magazines that took 2.400 COAL to accommodate 90 grain projectiles, but couldn't use the standard AR bolt catch. There are mags that fit 2.300 COAL that I can find but its still not enough.

Anyone know of a publicly accessible, outdoor range, with rifle rentals in the NE area? Trying to go shooting with the boys

Ahh like these then
midwayusa.com/product/1006282773?pid=112114
But can you find the bolt catch needed? We have a bunch of old AR mags where I work, I'll measure them on Monday and post back in the QTDDTOT when I get home

Planning on going to a pro gun/anti red flag law rally at my states capitol building tomorrow. Open carry is allowed, they only ask that you don't have a mag in rifles but it's not a hard rule, just a request. Am considering carrying one of my SBR's with a suppressor on it.. would it be Jow Forums or cringe?

Does anyone know of any cheap-ish 22lr bolt action takedown rifles? If no, what are the odds that a gun store in western Washington would just ignore i1639 and sell me a take 10/22?

Report back with asvab score.

Where the hell can I get a full ALICE rig? I cant find any at any surplus stores and all the places Google is giving me is just backpacks and cheap reproduction knock offs.

What's the retards guide to bullet grains?
For example some CC ammo is 115 grain 9mm. But then there's also something like 147 grain HST that people rave about.
Is there a handy dandy infographic or do I have to read some boomer magazine like guns and ammo to firmly grasp this concept.

I think its how they measure the weight of the bullet. More grains = heavier projectile

HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE SENSE OF CALIFORNIA GUN LAWS?

>Spending your Saturday parading around scaring the normal people.

Quiet people don't get banned. Trump would never have won were it not for all the people Milo and the like triggered. The SJWs got him elected.

Don't be that but for us. Call your senators, write your congressmen, vote accordingly donate to NRA GOA whatever and buy guns. It's that simple.

Nobody hated the fags in 2008. Everyone hates them now. We don't need gun pride parades.

I've gathered that much.
What I don't understand is what to use when in what and why.

You don't, that's the point goy

My PSA pistol upper is super tight in my lower, and I'm sure it's because the lug that the takedown pin goes through is too wide. What should I use to file it down? Also the front sight is canted and I want to fix it myself. Should I just replace the whole FSB and gas block or can I just hammer it over enough to zero it and peen it?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-21-01-34-53.png (1080x1920, 1.68M)

>jesus christ how horrifying

Is this what you get when you buy PSA? I was thinking about it but wow that's awful

Best 12 guage ammo for trying out my new shotgun that isnt going to beat the fuck out my shoulder?

It's based on your preferences desu.

Heavier bullets tend to be slower, but retain more energy. Depending on the bullet this can mean traveling deeper into tissues usually.

Hollow points behave differently in say a +p smaller grain than the larger 147 grain. Normally expansion is faster and energy dumped into a target faster, but lighter bullets may break apart sooner too.

tl;dr Use what cops tend to carry for "street tested" and potential legal defense ramifications, hit 12+ inches in minumum penetration, shot placement will trump most caliber choices.

Barrel length can affect what kind of bullet you carry as well. A smaller compact may need quicker burning powder to get full effect. Finally, and no less important than most of the other points is to make sure your pistol will cycle the ammo reliably.

The lowers and premium are fine, but freedom uppers have non existent QC. I've seen some that are fine, but then there's shit like this .
Although I got the pistol kit for 280, and a lower for 30 bucks, and I needed something to practice gunsmithing on so I can't bitch too much.

What are some good vertical foregrips?
I don't know where to look for this shit. And when I try everyone just says magpul.
Magpul is great and all but I would like something else that's longer but still has 2 bolts that go through the rails.

Anyone got some non-weeb k shit to use for my new social media profile pic?

I've purged my whole friends list of any potential rats and set my page to friends only. Trying to avoid a Red Flag at all costs.

pic related
Any brass-cased cheap birdshot. No 3 inch magnum shells or slugs if you don't want to be sore. Something like winchester super X or Estate or Federal birdshot Don't buy too much of the uber cheap steel/aluminum cased walmart bulk birdshot, it's tougher on the action over time

Attached: 1501460300561.png (960x1024, 1.72M)

or this

Attached: colgate.jpg (767x783, 247K)

Attached: 1565608262688.png (624x334, 315K)

Attached: 1524787189877.jpg (750x738, 91K)

Attached: Pouch Pumice.png (900x675, 1.25M)

Calguns.net and lurk. They're a pretty good resource and have threads braking most of them down to the simplest layman terms possible.

If in doubt search any gun law+calguns.net in google and check what you find. As a CYA assume the most restrictive interpretation of the law is the one that holds true unless there is solid precedent indicating otherwise.

Also the Wikipedia article is pretty lengthy but gives you a good primer.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California

If you have any further more specific questions just ask.
Winchester AA birdshot. It's a little expensive but because it's high brass it functions reliably in damn near everything. Being birdshot it's fairly low recoil.

I'd try out the low base steel base target loads too (basically the el-cheap-o birdshot). Some guns don't like it (particularly older ones, they like to stick in the chamber) but I've found most modern shotguns can run it just fine.
Check the patch threads, they make/sell/trade stuff all the time.

Attached: FB_IMG_1539805714505.jpg (480x453, 14K)

look for loads that specifically say 'light' or 'reduced load'. You should practise with what you're hunting with, so recoil assists are what you need here : a shoulder pad, and weight added to the gun. The lighter the gun is, the more recoil gets transfered into you.

By reading them at the state, county, and local level based on the gun type (long gun v handgun), purpose (hunting areas have different regulations, CHL laws, etc.) and then ask what you want to do, and what with. Most cali gun bullshit is municipal, not state.

ARs are built to standard dimensions and materials. Brand names mean almost nothing. I'd get an AK, though.

"guess what, new policy is that we use this specific form of knot. I forgot what they call it, so Imma have to show you - " Thus you teach him, without putting him on the spot. I recommend the bridle tie for hitching horses.

AK, or get a nice cylinder bore pump shotgun and some swapping barrels of different lengths and chokes.

possible? yes, it wouldn't exist otherwise. legal? hell no. Practical? hell no. Expensive regardless? hell yes.
Research how to run a lathe. All drilling, milling, knirling, turning, etc. can be done in the lathe.

Attached: captainamerica.jpg (600x407, 39K)

Attached: tumblr_pmy5o7si961ugwpqyo1_400.jpg (384x600, 89K)

for keks

Attached: supermutant.gif (1024x768, 298K)

Want a new handgun, problem is most selections are too big. I have small hands. Makarov fits perfect, but I want something in 9mm with proper hollow points. Any recommendations? I've had a 1911 in 9mm, and a Jericho but I just couldn't reach the controls without ruining my grip. Not a fan of revolvers, pistols without traditional safeties, or polymer frames.

Am I fucked, boys?

Attached: quarry rock fish pond.jpg (550x726, 190K)

Can I buy a c-ram turret? Or One of those iron dome things?
I see absolutely no reason why that should be regulated as it is a weapon of defense.

W2C +3 or +2 for Para P14 mags.

I'm so looking g for a Jow Forumsimando run shop that does Flannel BDUs

Attached: 1568069424476.jpg (928x1024, 87K)

I'll be buying my first rifle soon want to get a psa basic bitch ar they say you have to be 21 to purchase I'm 20 if I order it to my ffl will they deny the sale?

I really like this user