Handgun General - /hg/ - #325

embed edition

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik (embed) (embed)

Git Gud Guide:
mega.nz/#!86AmzYaA!Z88rBjdIcBeTitTrOLX08LFjqKVzLmUpAWRaUEnyO0Y

Last thread on the left:

Attached: 1567899833620.jpg (2109x1582, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/magnum-research-desert-eagle-50-ae-pistol-case-hardened-de50ch1.html
omahaoutdoors.com/magnum-research-desert-eagle-mark-xix-color-case-hardened-pistol-50-ae-7-rd-de50ch-761226088394/
youtube.com/watch?v=shdhVPc3Ivg#t=7m51s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy a USP9 expert

Attached: 1429286424104.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

Oh what's this a new thread at 4AM? Yeah I'm fricking here. (embed)

Attached: steiner l9a1.jpg (2000x1333, 1.08M)

>MGS 2 gun with a MGS 3 bobble

A what now?

Two questions: does that gun come with the jet funnel installed or did you add it, and if it was preinstalled, did it come with steel or plastic clips?

not mine, dunno

Tasty!

Throwing shots at 7 makes me upshetti

Attached: 20190922_080245.jpg (2694x1870, 2.4M)

Is this a reliable carry. Really wanna get one and wanna know what you guys think. I really wanna get one

Attached: 642871_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 75K)

It'll be a bit heavier and larger than most carry guns you'll see out there and it has lower capacity (7) due to it being a .45. I'm basing this on the fact that most carry guns are compact polymers that hold roughly 15 rds (like my Glock 19). But ultimately you should be carry what you feel the most comfortable with carry (helpful...I know.) I have a 1911 but I don't carry it for the aforementioned reasons but that's not to say you could carry some extra mags to deal with the capacity issue and if you're a big guy (for you) than the concealability won't be as much of a factor.

So...to summarize keep the following in mind for a carry:
>Capacity
>Concealability
>Weight
>Comfort (with carry and with shooting)

I can't get a picture right now but is it normal for the GG&G USP rail adapters to 'sag' a bit? On mine my flashlight/laser feels like it's angled down slightly, it doesn't seem straight like in this picture.

Attached: HK-USP-Picatinny-Rail-Light-And-Laser-Mount.jpg (550x743, 161K)

you need to get it replaced because they are expensive and made to hold. They will warranty it, just ask them

I'm a bigger guy so I guess concealing it and an extra mag wouldn't be too difficult. I like my guns to have some heft, I've used heavy rifles and shotguns my whole life. Shot a polymer 380 and didn't care for the feel and lightness. I think comfort would be the only thing. I'm not sure how I feel about appendix. But waistband could be okay. I guess I really wanna know if it's reliable enough. Inb4 "two world wars". But I think a wilson mag of any kind would fix most issues. Thoughts?

You should be fine with Wilson mags, .45 mags are pretty much ubiquitous for 1911 aside for the feed lip styles but Wilson makes quality stuff. My advice would be to run several hundred rounds through a new mag if you're unsure about it. When you're ready to carry, if you're using hollow points, run a few boxes through ( I know they're expensive) to make sure you have no feeding issues with it.

post sexiest stock handguns

Attached: 15z_CZSP01Tactical_L_91153_01153-1024x775.png (1024x775, 203K)

this, but in 10mm

Attached: eaahunter.jpg (640x415, 44K)

Hello. Many of the case hardened deagles i see for sale have stock photos where there is no gold-lasered desert eagle insignia on the grips. Is this just an error? Or do some of these not have it? On Magnum Research's website they have the gold deagle on grips - pic related. I asked in QTDDTOT but I'm impatient so I'm asking here too.

I used to hate the pic rail and I still dislike it, but I'm thinking of mounting a scope to it for the lulz.

Attached: DE50CH-A.jpg (1800x1200, 224K)

Picked up two new friends at the FFL yesterday afternoon. A Steyr GB and Sterling PPL. Real nibbas don't need barrels

Attached: autism gang.jpg (1345x1008, 198K)

General rule of thumb that I use is: If it's Gunbroker or Armslist, don't buy if you don't have an actual photo. You can contact them and ask for an actual photo of the product if you're wary.

I'm looking at a listing on Palmetto's website - it has stock photos without the gold deagle logo. I think the UPC is the same as the gold ones - I believe Magnum Research just provided bad stock photos to retailers.

palmettostatearmory.com/magnum-research-desert-eagle-50-ae-pistol-case-hardened-de50ch1.html

versus

omahaoutdoors.com/magnum-research-desert-eagle-mark-xix-color-case-hardened-pistol-50-ae-7-rd-de50ch-761226088394/

I'm obviously not paying more than $2,000 for this gaudy hunk of metal

Apparently LEOs have been getting the first batches of M&P CORE 2.0s for a bit now. It appears no one but S&W and FN manage to include striker guns with optic plates, rear sights, and supressor height sights out of the box on their optics ready guns.

Anybody know what the price tag for CORE line will be when it hits? 9mm 2.0s are already like only like $400, which is bonkers cheap compared to much of the competition.

Attached: sorry-the-guys-webcam-had-zero-autofocus.jpg (1200x542, 97K)

Your guess is as good as mine. I'd assume it doesn't come with it, then.

Just got into funs. How often should I be cleaning mags? Do I have to clean them at all?

Aside from the occasional oil wipedown, they don't really need to be cleaned.

Buying a CZ-75b soon, is a intro to handgund course from my local range a good idea?

It couldn't hurt. Keep an eye out for Fuddery or Tacticool faggotry, though. Those types can lead you astray.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this? I could probably spot anything over the top but it is my first gun.

Generally, people who shit on certain calibers or brands or styles are people you don't need to be listening too.

Example:
>'Glocks are shit'
>'They're just pieces of plastic that blow up'
>'What you need is something like a 1911'
>*May or may not *sippppp* at this point*
>*proceeds to pull out a 1911 that he owns*
I have both and they're great as most styles/brands are

Question for you guys. Is the Beretta 92 worth it longevity and durability wise? I heard of multiple police departments in the U.S and Canada retiring them because of cracked frames at around 7k rounds. Is it solid enough to use current NATO 9mm ammo with it? The 92 is pretty much the only 9mm metal (= all types of aluminum alloy and steel frame pistols) framed handgun that has been updated to todays standards, has plenty of options, is still produced at good quality (sorry SIG) by the original manufacturer and has been fielded in so many places in huge numbers that you can easily find parts and replacements even after a boog. I'm really on the edge between getting one or not.

Attached: 2130614284.800x800.jpg (800x614, 68K)

Yeah. The Beretta 92 is going to last you your life, more than likely. Of course there are lemons, that's a given, but think of all the police trade-in Berettas and military Berettas that have been beat to fucking shit and are still chugging along. At most a locking block might have to be replaced.

I've heard about 3rd gen locking blocks being much stronger and durable than previous gens. Do you own a Beretta yourself?

I've owned 3 Beretta 92s. Currently 2. 1 is my daily carry.

Damn. Yeah I guess you know what you're talking about. Thanks. Any advice for new owners?

So it seems these are the only decent options for an optics ready compact sized handgun for CCing.

>FN 509 MRD
>CZ P10c
>Glock G19 G5 MOS

Can someone help me break down why you'd choose one over the other?

>FN 509 MRD comes with suppressor height sights out of the box, and a decent aftermarket but the trigger quality seems to be sub par looking at reviews (can be fixed with aftermarket)
>CZ P10c has the best trigger, but it doesn't have suppressor sights and it has the worst aftermarket of the three. Doesn't appear to have suppressor height sights in the aftermarket yet either without getting a new slide.
>Glock G19 G5 MOS no suppressor height sights, trigger is worse than the P10c, but has the best after market of the three. Can pick up after market suppressor sights, better trigger, pretty much anything in the after market.

Are these points accurate, and have any of you had any experience with the above 3 picks using an optic? If I missed any good optic ready picks please inform me.

>Any advice for new owners?
Have fun. Don't let haters deter you from a great pistol. Practice both double and single action consistently. And if for some crazy reason you're still worried about the frame or slide cracking, take some comfort in the fact that we live in a time where most companies stand by their products enough that they'll likely fix or replace it for free if that were to occur.

Oh, and if you have smaller hands I would steer clear of the hogue grips in your pic.

Is concealed carrying ever comfortable? Or is it always just sorta uncomfortable/annoying? I can't really find a great position on my body to do it. I have found some that are acceptable but even then I encounter other issues like this faggot textured grip being way too abrasive against my skin

I've never really had a problem. Wear a wife-beater/undershirt. That helps.

What's the point of DA/SA hand guns? What advantage does DA/SA have over striker fired? Is it just being a little bit safer or do DA/SA inherently have better triggers after the first pull?

Can I fire the first shot of a DA/SA in single action? If so what's the point of having the DA option at all if it makes the first trigger pull worse? I'm trying to understand why I'd ever want to choose DA/SA over strikers.

pocket carry

>Is it just being a little bit safer or do DA/SA inherently have better triggers after the first pull?

This one.

>Can I fire the first shot of a DA/SA in single action?

Yes.

>If so what's the point of having the DA option at all if it makes the first trigger pull worse?

Carry it without a safety. DA prevents accidental discharges. After the first bang, all subsequent bangs are significantly easier.

Not him, but I would suggest thinking hard about what you want from the gun before picking what variant you're going to buy. You should absolutely own a Beretta, and they're not that difficult to maintain, but for a new owner, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle if you get one that's set up the way you like it out of the box. There's a lot of options, from ones with and without dovetailed sights, ones with lightweight parts or all metal models, ones with standard triggers and ones with D springs from the factory, ones with the traditional safety and ones that are decocker only...

The Wilson, Langdon, M9A3, and 92X models are all pretty tricked out from the get go, and I can't imagine wanting to tinker around with those too much. If you like the look of a bone stock M9 or 92FS, keep in mind that your sight options will be limited, and if you decide you want to swap out the hammer spring for a lighter DA trigger, install a decocker conversion kit, change out the grips, etc for it down the line, you might be better off just buying an upgraded model from the start.

Attached: pastatrio.jpg (2656x1494, 2.83M)

My experience is pretty subjective and anecdotal but I generally prefer SA pulls to a striker pull from what I've shot. I do like the extra safety though it's obviously not a substitute for basic safety rules.

>Is it just being a little bit safer or do DA/SA inherently have better triggers after the first pull?
>This one.
Were you saying it is both? Better triggers and safer?
>Carry it without a safety. DA prevents accidental discharges. After the first bang, all subsequent bangs are significantly easier.
A good holster and not putting your finger on the trigger when you reholster also prevents NDs. If safety is the only advantage over a striker I don't see the point of a DA/SA, unless DA/SA inherently have better triggers due to the mechanism.

So if safety is zero concern to you, is it viable to carry a DA/SA pistol in SA mode and completely forego the DA aspect of the handgun? At what point would you have to use DA if ever? I have zero experience with DA/SA so forgive me if this question is retarded.

>Were you saying it is both? Better triggers and safer?

Yes.

>unless DA/SA inherently have better triggers due to the mechanism.

They do.

>is it viable to carry a DA/SA pistol in SA mode and completely forego the DA aspect of the handgun

It's going to be cocked and have an extremely light trigger. Even if you're the safest motherfucker in town, it's still a little sketchy. Not saying it can't be done, but I personally would not.

I mean if all else fails. I can replace any trouble parts with Wilson parts. I'll probably replace the recoil spring right off the bat

>At what point would you have to use DA if ever?
The only thing I can think of is insurance if you forgot to cock it. I feel like carrying it around in SA only without a manual safety is asking for trouble though.

A good SA trigger will be better than any good striker fired trigger. There's a lot of target and competition handguns with single action only triggers, not many at all that are striker fired.

The reason then for doing a trigger single action only is you can get rid of a lot of the initial pull that you would otherwise need when firing in DA.

Attached: IMG_20190514_160807.jpg (3264x2448, 3.16M)

>It's going to be cocked and have an extremely light trigger. Even if you're the safest motherfucker in town, it's still a little sketchy. Not saying it can't be done, but I personally would not.
Is a DA/SA pistol in SA mode less safe than a Striker?

>Is a DA/SA pistol in SA mode less safe than a Striker?

Significantly so.

A Striker pistol generally has the trigger safety and an inherent double action pull.

A DA/SA in SA is going to have a cocked hammer and a much lighter trigger than the Striker.

Okay so the SA pulls of a DA/SA are going to be better than striker pulls. How does the DA pull of a DA/SA compare to a striker?

If it's roughly the same then the problem people have with DA/SA's first pull would be not that the pull is worse than a striker, it just adds a first shot inconsistency compared to a striker where every pull is the same?

>How does the DA pull of a DA/SA compare to a striker?

It can be similar. Sometime worse, sometimes better. The catch is on some DA guns, there's different hammer positions such as "half-cocked" that will create an inconsistent pull.

If you're comparing the two it'll break down like this:

Carrying a striker gun nets you a safe, consistent double action trigger pull.

Carrying a DA/SA (no safety) nets you a safe, inconsistent double action first trigger pull, followed by very light consistent trigger pulls for the rest of the shots.

>inconsistent
While firing from half-cock (with a gun that actually has this feature) is going to feel a little different than firing the same gun with the hammer all the way down, it's not like what you'll get is random. For example, if you have a CZ with a decocker that drops the hammer to a half-cock position, you should be training and carrying that way. If you're pulling the trigger and easing the hammer down the rest of the way manually, you're a retard. If the double action pull isn't consistent, either you're doing something wrong or the gun is broken.

Attached: BUT.gif (480x270, 2.32M)

I'd love a USP9 expert but we can't get them in California
>inb4 just move
The USP45 expert, or USP 9 or 45 V1 are my only real options

I want a big .45.
Should I get a USP tactical, some kind of 1911, or a CZ97?
I'm also open to other ideas if they're within the ~$1k price range.

>big .45.

There's only 1 answer, son.
And you know what it is.

Attached: ply_190716_0935_metal_gear_0002.0.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

Fnx 45 tactical. Full size handgun. 15 round mag in 45. Acp. Great over all gun with threaded barrel and rmr cut with backplate.

Not to mention that think is pretty fat.

I'd love a mark 23 some day but I don't think I can justify owning two $2000 meme machines with my current finances. Maybe I'll do it in the future.
How similar is it to an FNS9? I used one for a little bit and wasn't too fond of it, and the FNX and FNS seem to share a lot of parts.

I personally love it. Itll differ from the 9 because it's built for a bigger round but it'll be similar in style and functionality. Just look at any video on it. It's reliable, big, threaded, rmr cut and I've never had a malfunction. And 15 rounds of 45 on a standard mag, that's crazy.

CZ 97-B

look up condition two for carrying. fucking state of Jow Forums these days

meant for

If there ain't a round in the chamber I dont want it. If it needs to be cocked i also dont want it. Live and ready to go is the only way

Holy shit is this bait? I hate this place
Condition two with a DA/SA with a decocker has a round in the chamber with a DA pull. How old are you anyway?

Why do you need a decocker

Da sa doesn't really matter. Ik so people want sa all the time but it really doesn't matter, unless you're in competition.

Why wouldn't you want one in case you fuck up doing it manually? Are you asking why someone would want a round in the chamber and a DA pull? Am I getting trolled?
It does matter. I would rather have a long trigger pull on the first shot to minimize something going wrong while drawing with adrenaline pumping.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, someone help me out

It didn't come preinstalled on mine but the mag well is slightly flared from the factory.

I can only imagine the amount of confusion I'm giving you

You could get a 320 or 229?

Undershirt always

Very neat

The original CORE was over $700, but that was back when NOBODY had multi-optic slides or tall sights. If I were to guess I'd say it'll debut around $650 and relatively quickly settle down to about $600, that's what most optic ready guns are these days.

All we have are opinions, you own your hands and your money and your wants and needs, you gotta decide. Everything typed there seems pretty realistic, however I don't put much stock in aftermarket. glok has a huge aftermarket because there's a LOT fo be improved. P10C has a small aftermarket because there's little to improve.

They're all three great guns, don't even worry about which one you end up with, just be diligent before buying and pick the one you like best.

That said I'm a triggerfag so you know which one I'd pick.

Pocket carry is. Little light guns disappear. Single stack sub/compacts can be comfortable to certain body types with a good holster. Compacts will never disappear but can be tolerable for all-day wear again to the right body type with the right holster. Same for full size really, if your job doesn't involve a lot of sitting.

Generally speaking a DA/SA's single action is going to be better than an average striker out of the box so that's the upside (especially Beretta, Grand Power and Sig, not so much CZ). The DA trigger is there to make it safe while carrying, as an alternative to a safety SAO. It's negative from a training standpoint as you'll need to practice two different trigger pulls but it's not insurmountable.

But the real reason I prefer DA/SA to SAO or striker is it's satisfying. It's satisfying to clickity clack, and with a light enough hammer spring the DA component isn't as distracting on a draw.

>Carrying a striker gun nets you a safe, consistent double action trigger pull.
Most strikers are not double action tho, almost all of them on the market are fully pre-charged (SAO)

How much of a difference does a match weight make for shooting characteristics in general? I'm trying to gauge if I should bother dropping money on one.

read again Burt's Bees

Yes

Not much, and no you shouldn't imo especially as gun manufacturers warn about attaching excess weight to the frame, pic related

Attached: beretta weight.jpg (2000x1333, 380K)

Red agin. What am I missing?

Nothing I'm retarded

>Most strikers are not double action tho, almost all of them on the market are fully pre-charged

I wouldn't call them single action, though. They sit in a weird middle spot.

In feel maybe, because a lot of strikers have bendy trigger bars (M&P), sliding sears (Steyr) or other components that take away from what could be a crisp break in exchange for safety (which is important imo) but ACKTCHYOUALLY they are fully pre-charged, in definition single action only. The striker is completely cocked each time the slide is cycled and sits at maximum compression when charged. Pulling the trigger in these guns ONLY releases the striker, it doesn't cock it beforehand.

In most cases that is. gloq of course still uses their partially pre-charged striker which sits at ~70-80% cocked and your trigger finger finishes cocking it before firing which is why you can never, ever, ever make a gloc trigger crisp. You can just reduce the creep to a nice level.

Walther P99 QA, PPS, S&W Sigma, Steyr and Mauser M2 use partially pre-charged mechanisms too though I'm struggling to think of anyone else who still does.

APX, M&P, P10C, Steyr, Q100, G2C, XD, P320, P365, Strike One, H9, PPQ, VP9 and every .22 striker I know of all use fully pre-charged strikers.

But let me ACHTCHYOUALLY my own ACTCHYOUALLY and say the line is a little blurry because many strikers use twisting or pivoting levers as the sear, and sometimes that twisting can impart some rearward movement to the striker before releasing it. So even though they're not designed with mechanisms to cock the striker, the striker may move before being released. I believe that's why S&W used to call the old M&P "DAO," because while the striker is kept at 100% cock, the pivoting sear moves the firing pin an additional 2% further back before releasing it. But S&W stopped using that term afaik.

Attached: l9 roller.jpg (2500x1667, 1M)

Fair enough.

What could adding weight to the frame do? On polys I can see an issue, but steel/alu framed?

Is 45 the best caliber for running suppressed?

Are there any optics ready DA/SA hand guns yet? All the optics ready pistols I'm seeing are Strikers.

Arex Rex tactical, 226/229 (beware guns only cut for the Romeo 1, and God help you on the cost for the 3 when that comes out), that's all I got.

>Romeo 1
The Romeo 1 is fucking trash and breaks if you drop it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=shdhVPc3Ivg#t=7m51s
Time stamped, guy drops it one time and the optic shatters. Meanwhile an RMR or even a Holo sun can be dropped 20 times, slammed against objects etc. and never damage the optic or the zero in any way.

Does the m9a3 take 15rd 92FS mags?

Attached: 1510821550762.jpg (640x637, 102K)

Yes.

Is it worth upgrading the polymer guide rod on a Beretta 92fs?

So far I’ve installed the G conversion, D spring, metal trigger, and extended mag release in my 92fs. What’s left to replace that is a worthwhile upgrade?

It doesn't really matter. Same with the composite trigger. Both work fine.

Post your carry gun

Attached: F332E7E8-FA9F-4043-A580-AE38D6A7CE6E.jpg (1536x2048, 755K)

I shot my first pistol today. It’s my cousins STI 2011 in 40. It was a surprisingly easy to shoot and the recoil wasn’t that bad. I can’t afford one as a poorfag but is there anything that feels similar on a budget? Also how less recoil is 9mm vs 40. Thanks!

Yeah but those are shit compared to mecgar 18 rounders

Langdon elite trigger bar
13# mainspring
Sights
Grips

I'm a poor ass nigger, I need a cheap gun, a really cheap gun. Is a hi-point alright?

Taurus G2C

I've heard really bad things about taurus.

G2C is actually okay

Anyone here have experience with the Radom MAG 98? I'm pretty tempted to get one now before they become to hard to get

Attached: 1533973233mag-98-9x19-mm-para.jpg (800x595, 43K)

>heard really bad things about the Taurus
>but originally mentioned buying a hi point
ok