Is it even worth owning gats while in the military...

Is it even worth owning gats while in the military? I have to keep any weapons I own in the armory and file paperwork just to take them out and shoot them, fml.

Attached: 1552877291119.jpg (643x750, 262K)

Get good and live off base scrub.

Attached: california-welcome-signs.jpg (1024x768, 386K)

why the fuck are you spending your money on gats when you make less than a Walmart cashier? bank that shit retard

>getting married as an e3
okay retard
in gross income, sure, but in real terms I make about 40k a year, considering I don't pay for food, healthcare, or housing.

This, save your money retard. And don't be that dipshit boot that buys a new Corvette out of basic.

too late, I bought a honda civic with my boot bux

Depends on your unit. Most guys at mine kept them in the barracks or at a friend’s house. Being that I had a whole stockpile I kept them in the arms room- except for a pistol or two- but it was easy enough to check them out.

If you’re going to keep them in your room just realize that shit can get you in trouble. So don’t do it if you’re sharing a barracks room, if your unit regularly does health and welfare searches, or is just generally. Do register your gun on post, keep it in a hidey hole, and done advertise that you have one.

So long as he’s not blowing the rest of his money it’s not like a gun is going to break the bank for him. Then again I regularly deployed as a private so my view is a little skewed.

>in real terms I make about 40k a year
No, in real terms you make fucking ~20k a year you retard. Don't be fooled thinking just because those benefits exist you're getting the full worth out of them. If you lived in comparable "housing" as a civ it'd be cheap as shit and you would still live better.

You can rent storage off base or have a trusted friend who lives off base keep it in his house. Or just use the armory, big deal.

I had a 1911 hidden in my computer case for like two years in the barracks. Buddy of mine stole the CQ keys and made copies so I had access to this little access compartment in the ceiling, that's where I kept my ammo. The setup withstood a bunch of general room inspections. It's just about how much risk you're willing to assume.

he has no living expenses, so its all just pocket money. have you seen rent prices dude? bills? deposits? fucking moran

I did my time and saved most of my money.
I'm also out and know what bills are like. Stop buying stupid shit. Make a spreadsheet and figure out exactly how much it costs to pay for your shit, figure out where you can make cuts, and figure out when you can splurge and exactly how much you can allow yourself to splurge...

Or just pay for all this shit you barely use and wonder why you have no money.
Military pay isn't terrible but it's never great. It's decent after awhile but only just.
This all being on the enlisted side of things, officers make decent money later on but they have to suck a good amount of dick for over a decade to get up there.

im not in, not buying any stupid shit. i do own a couple expensive guns though and will probably be enlisting in air force or army depending who takes me. So im kind of wondering what to do with my gats as well.

You can leave them at home with friends/family, lock them up in the base armory, lock them up in off-base storage, let a friend hold onto them, or keep them in the barracks.
Last one not advised.

net take home of a civi earning comparable gross will be less the net take home of a solider/ marine whatever he is. Dont pay rent or utilities, can get free food USO at airports Ect.

What is "comparable gross" to you?

Keep em' at a mates house or with the armory. Or be a risky fuck and keep it hidden in your barracks but you could get fucked for that.

>only 15% APR I got a great deal on this charger!

gross income. Eg: 20K

Who does not love to take the shit out of dumb kids who know jack shit about the real world?

i dont have friends or family to leave my shit with. off base storage is a theft risk. so its armory or hiding them. Luckily my gats are compact so it shouldnt be hard to stealth them.

Obviously a fucking civilian making 20k isn't the same as a soldier making 20k. The difference is a civilian shouldn't be making 20k a year.
One reason I got out was because as a civilian you pursue your own goals and making 40k a year is not hard to do if you're willing to put up with shit comparable to military life and live in barracks-tier housing.

They take money out for food and other things btw. You're not getting "free" food, you're getting cheap food, and sometimes the food you get is worse than what you could do on your own for the same price.

Don't compare direct incomes because that's retarded. If you're making 20k a year as a full time employee right now you have severely fucked up.

>off base storage is a theft risk
Fucking what? People use that storage all the time, you see them around military bases for a reason. Who the fuck i going to steal your shit in a climate controlled building with cameras and logging?

>shouldn't be hard to stealth them
Yeah until you get a health and wellness. It's not really worth the risk because they can fuck you over if you get found out. One of my friends kept one of his guns in his truck at all times but one time was unable to get on base when he got randomly searched at the gate and I had to go get his ass so he could get into his room to get his case and stuff to lock it in storage.
tl;dr don't be stupid

I'd recommend keeping it with a trusted friend back home at first, then once you hit your first duty station get them and lock them in storage until you find a good friend or NCO who you can trust to leave them at their house.

>before you die for israel you can't even enjoy your pre-owned firearms normally without hiding them like drugs from your mom cleaning your room
gee that sucks lmao

Store it in an indoor climate controlled storage unit. Worked for me lmao.
>1SG Gungrabber tried to talk me into storing my gats at the armory
>Laughed at his face when he said I can even keep 100 rounds of ammo in there
Step up pussy.

20k is about the pay of a junior enlisted. considering the age at which most enlist is the same age as those encoring a shit tone of debt for collage. Yes, nothing is "Free" but its far better value of time to join up. the food is shit, the barracks is, the barracks, and its a never ending torrent of shit. But if you do it right you can get out with a bachelors and the GI bill to further that, severely reducing the debt encored if you just go strait to the military.

I always just kept mine in off-post storage. Worked out fine for me.

>college debt meme
College debt is not the end of the world and if you can come out of college after 4 years with 40k in debt you're not doing bad.
And 40k is pretty fucking high for most public institutions because it implies you decided to get zero aid outside of guaranteed federal student loans.
Have you even looked at going to school and how people pay for it? The horror stories you're thinking of are just that, horror stories.

>20k is pay of junior enlisted
Yes and if they didn't enlist they'd likely be working a ~35k-40k a year job that's ~40 hours a week with far more freedom and far less bullshit.
I don't know why you're acting like 20 year olds make 20k a year as civilians because 20 year olds make 20k a year in the army.

If you want to join and then use your GI bill then that's great. It's worked for me and many others. But don't act like it' some amazing financial decision where you save a fuckton of money vs someone who goes straight to school and jumps into their career after 4 years. By the time you catch up they're 4 years into industry and you're 4 years behind them but you are a veteran so there's that.

PS you're not finishing a single enlistment contract with a bachelor's using tuition assistance alone.
You're basically spouting recruitment fuddlore at someone who went in thinking the same shit and found out the truth the hard way.

>guns
>stupid shit
Why are you on Jow Forums

Oh, i know you cant get a bachelors in one contract, but you can get it.

based madman

No. Save, stupid. Spend as little as possible while making the most of wherever you are stationed. I found I could bank quite a bit of money ($8k at one point) if I just eat clean and didn't blow it all on restaurants or strippers or amazon crap.

Don't put your personal property in the unit armory. Just don't. It's a huge fucking hassle to have guns at all while you're in. Think of it as putting your life on pause. Relationships, property, etc. All of it is temporary.

Attached: baseddorner.jpg (620x480, 62K)

>Living in the barracks
Fucking retard, get off post housing, make friends off post or get on post housing. I keep my gats in my house, none of that armory shit.

is the armory really that bad? i have two guns worth over 2k+ each.

It's just the least good option. Don't get rid of your guns over it.
It's just annoying to have to check in with the armory to retrieve your own property, but such is life as a slave to the feds until you get off-base storage or housing.
With few exceptions you're probably not gonna get BAH as a bachelor enlisted, so don't expect housing to just be a thing.

you see if you can find the armorer on saturday morning when you want to go to a range, if he even lives on post and isn't hungover

do most bases not have a range you can use your personal weapons on....? because thats bullshit. thought this was the us military?

You can't just use the ranges used for training whenever the fuck you feel like it. Some bases do have private events but they're up to the command and more regimented than just going to some normal range.

The military doesn't want to force some poor RSOs to go babysit retards who go out and buy their first gun. It's a pain in the ass enough to do it on qual days and when someone fucks it up the base command has to assume responsibility.

Military shit isn't your plaything.

is there a risk of it being fucked with or fucked up in the armory?

Put it in a storage unit and get it insured faggot . That's what I did and there were no issues

I always worked out a deal with the armorer to draw my weapons on Friday and turn them in on Monday. Took a little prior planning, but it’s workable.

Most bases have a civilian range you can pay to use. These are not the training ranges.

Pretty low. Than again, we did have an armorer steal another guys pistol and then shoot somebody in a pop eye’s parking lot. But that’s pretty rare.

The ranges are booked out months in advance dude.

Arguing with range control for slots is job #1 for new lieutenants after they settle in.

If you're still living in the barracks then no, it's really not worth it. Also save your money.