Gun Lobbying

My country just picked this piece of shit instead of HK 416, to replace the G3. Wouldnt we be better of with g3's?

Attached: FN-SCAR-L-STD-FDE-5-1280x800.jpg (1280x800, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivn-Cg8bkno
youtube.com/watch?v=PApRcRE-ft8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Gun jams after 40 shots or so, has reciprocating bolt, retarded design for a modern gun, plastic over heats should i keep going?

Still better than the G3. I dont think you realize how bad that awkward conscript-level hunk of stamped shit is.

And what country is that?

Portugal

>picked this piece of shit instead of HK 416
>Implying

You despicable moores deserve to be a protectorate of Angola

It was the better choice,.you raging homosexual.

FN hasn't made a good original gun since the 50s.

>reciprocating charging handle
>bad
Fucking retard.

>reciprocating charging handle
>good
pick none

Why do you care then? It's not like Russia will be invading you anytime soon.

/thread

>piece of shit
Not trying to be a dick or anything, but as a Portuguese, how the fuck would you know? The melting plastic is HK disinformation, jamming is as always improper use same as the 416 or any stoner derived rifle, and the reciprocating handle has an expressed purpose. Weekend warriors think it's useless, but militaries of the world keep those feature for a reason.

Still from the vids i see at least their paras kinda prefer the g3's to the other shit in africa

>instead of HK 416
Yeah. Could have been worse user.

Why does the whole world does this?
Stop buying german stuff seriously, the Bundawehr so wait so long for new equipment because foreign militariys are all buying 416's

Attached: 1421341593541.jpg (360x480, 153K)

>actually wanting to to use a 416
those fucking things are god damn boat anchors. fuck them.

I always see this retarded complaint about the reciprocating bolt.

Most rifles not an ar do. What's the big deal?

Besides most of the idiots whining about the reciprocating bolt probably dont know it was originally requested by socom and them. They thought it made it easier to clear jams.

As long as you're just making shit up, you can keep going forever.
>reciprocating charging handle baaaad
noguns parrot

What the fuck would you know about rifles in the first place, then?

They dont like the reciprocating charging handle because they cant put their hand there.

I don't know why they dont just put their hand elsewhere.

Shut the fuck up you disgusting Europoor nogunz. You have no idea what you're talking about. I've actually shot your service rifle because the US has rights unlike your retarded ass and it's sure as shit better than the G3. Get decapitated by Muhammed you absolute piece of filth.

>Everyone buying our guns is why no one will buy us decent equipment
No, Hans, it's because your government is communist and hates you, stop blaming everyone else for your shithole mistreating you.

I was wondering when you guys were gonna replace your G3's.

don't most guns have reciprocating bolts? Don't you mean reciprocating charging handle?

He means the charging handle. A lot of dudes who only fired an AR complain about it because they cant hold it like they can their AR-15.

The reciprocating charging handle has benefits though and a lot of ppl want them because easier to clear stovepipe and stuff.

416 is trash, pistons are trash now

HK has never made an original gun design

>VP70
>LEM trigger
>G11
>roller delayed blowback

Gas piston is fine. Short or long stroke.

The problem imo are all these gas piston AR-15 with dubious reliability. Especially the DIY ssgp AR-15 builds.

Did hk invent roller delayed?

Thought that was ww2 germany then Spanish cetme and hk just ran with it?

my 17s hasn't jammed since I got it. literally 0 times after thousands of rounds.

>Huuuuur duuuuur reciprocating charging handle bad.
neck yourself retard

And LEM wasnt original.

Almost every company developed a similar system for their DA/SA autos.

Sig, s&w, beretta, etc. all developed some gimmicky dao type trigger for cops.

Bro in law has a scar as well. He runs it 3 gun for years now. No issues.

But no guns from foreign country who hasn't shot it says its bad.

The MCX would have been a better choice

Attached: mcx-virtus-16.jpg (1500x700, 72K)

>S*g S*uer
Nope

Why? Just seems like another flavor of ar

should have bought m4a1s

>mcx
>2019
No

So tell me what other companies have triggers like LEM

roller delayed was invented by krieghoff, the g11 never saw production, LEM is not a gun design.

so the vp70 pfft what a masterpiece I'm sure they're proud

Modular multi-caliber piston driven rifle in 5.56 that utilizes AR ergonomics.

It's literally what everyone has been asking for, but is too afraid to admit it, because lol... sig.

Have one rifle that has quick change barrels and freefloat lengths in multiple lengths and calibers with proprietary suppressor capability (aftermarket is an option as well).

It's a meme maybe for civilians, but for an organization it is a weapons system.

vp70z is so bad it hurts my feelings.
literally shit on a stick/german hi-point with a 15 pound trigger.

It's literally not an issue. I don't see how anyone can even have the handle hit their hand unless they were intentionally sticking their thumb as high as they can.
With a regular magwell grip your thumb shouldnt even be in the path of the handle.

more reciprocating mass means more recoil. yes you can use a heavier spring but that only works in one direction, and it's just going to result in the bolt slamming forward even harder. this means more wear.

No, it's a great rifle.
It only gets shit on here because of the ridiculous markup in the US.
You probably got them for a decent bulk price, so there's nothing to complain about.

S&W and Sig

Sig DAK is literally just a better LEM

It's just an AR with a piston kit.

And you are totally disregarding the original one could switch between 5 calibers and the current one can do 2 with just a quick swap barrel.

Show me an AR that can do that.

the SCAR is vastly overpriced and hyped, but that doesn't mean its bad gun. certainly an objective upgrade to g3s in just about every category except cost.

LMT nigger

Maybe I dont completely understand lem.

My hk usp is standard da/sa.

But I've shot the p2000 with the lem. It just feels like a light/shorter da pull.

Like a single action with a long pull.

A lot of companies were messing around with different da/dao pulls before everyone just switched to strikers.

Sig had a dak

Smith had the 5946, 4586, 6946 types which was a shorter dao

Daewoo had this weird system where you cock it and the da pull was light like a single action pull

I dont know technical differences but companies trying to do stuff like that back then.

>trading real fucking nato for a fucking. 22
dissapointing, but not surprising

As long as it shoots straight and doesn't jam, tt literally doesn't matter what the service rifle is.

I didn’t realize poortugaul still had an army.

Why would you need or want to?
The military only uses 1 caliber for infantry rifles. And you'll just have to rezero.

The charging handle weighs like 1 ounce.
Fucking more recoil lmao.

I think that's the only bad thing about the scar. It's so expensive and not any better than the AR.

Now imo the 7.62 scar is better than most 7.62. The 7.62 scar is soft, smooth, slick compared to other 7.62.

SCAR is trash dude. I’d rather carry the fucking saw than that piece of shit.

Dude FUCK the G3

OP in just another AR-15 fanboy.

The Army choose the SCAR-L because of the SCAR-H.
They wanted both and the H is better than the 417.

Is this whole discussion about the replacement is the reason they never finished upgrading to the G36.

Attached: Pt paras.png (1160x597, 1.64M)

The army made an homage video to the G3.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivn-Cg8bkno

You've never touched or even seen either.

>My country just picked this piece of shit instead of HK 416, to replace the G3. Wouldnt we be better of with g3's?
Hello Portubro. Saudações da sua ex colônia favorita.

Portugal is in Africa all the time supporting UN peacekeepers and preventing them from making a mess of themselves, they're actually pretty competent, specially their Paras.

The 416 is leagues better than any AR-15 model ever operated by any branch of the US military. This of course doesn't eliminate the fact that, for the money each 416 costs, you can manufacture a DI AR-15 more reliable and more durable than the 416, also more accurate.

You’d be wrong, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about the beating your stepdad gave you for using his credit card to buy yourself an airship copy.

Your country should of looked at the U.S's failed scar program for all you need to know on that POS rifle.

The only time it’s going to impede your grip is if you’re magwell gripping your gun. Which is technically never acceptable, but tends to happen when you’re tired after CQC’ing all goddamn day. Still, tough titties.

I stole their look

Attached: IMG_No_style_20190513_081225_processed.jpg (1960x4032, 2.31M)

The tears from these threads are delicious.
Stay mad /v/.

Attached: 14580331_1068757316572166_532001024_n.jpg (360x480, 50K)

>imagine thinking the g3 is bad

it's 900x better than blatantly homosexual shit like the 416

this reciprocating charging handles allow you to manipulate the bolt 100% of the time

DAK is nothing like LEM and comparing the two tells me you've never shot either. LEM starts off with a long double action like pull but it only weighs about 1.5 lbs until you get the trigger towards the back, then it turns into about a 4.5 lbs single action-ish pull. You can ride it out a little until it resets and have the 4.5 lbs pull again without having to let the trigger out to have the long double action take up.
DAK is a long 6 lbs double action pull all the way through. When it breaks and the gun fires you can let it out to reset and have a shorter 9 lbs trigger pull, or let it out all the way and have the 6 lbs pull again. Yes, it gets heavier after the first shot. One of the worst triggers on the market, got phased out for a reason.
The S&W short DAO was literally just short DAO
Daewoo's triple action allows the hammer to be cocked and then pushed back forward with the thumb. The hammer and trigger go back forward to the DA position. When you pull the trigger you'll get about a 3 lbs pull and the hammer and trigger will spring back yo the SA position and function as a traditional SA pistol unless you push the hammer forward again. You can also decock the gun by pulling the trigger and lowering the hammer manually to use in as a traditional DA/SA gun, or you can carry cocked and locked since it has a safety.
>tl;dr they're nothing alike so stop comparing them

ar only s o y boys, the ar has the most retarded placement for a charging handle on any gun

>it's so bad i wonder if the u.s ordnance dept forced stoner to have it made this way to try to sabotage the m-16, much like the ball powder thing

jewish shitty ar's made with indian parts, yeah nah

sig is indian mim trash and you know it, competent militaries know sig usa is trash trying to leech off a swiss/german name

Nah, that's wrong though.

>switching barrels is a viable thing in combat

"hang on Juan, that guy is 500 meters away, let me take my entire 6.5 upper out of my bag and load the other 4 mags i brought for it to engage him, sure glad we have this extra barrel and bolt carrier that adds another 10 pounds in total weight and ammo

>nobody company in bumfuck Illinois with uninspired shitty piston ar's while forcing them on small European nations

416>SCAR>G3. Not the best choice, but not the worst.

>lets totally unshoulder our rifle to manipulate the bolt, instead of it being better for lefties or righties, lets make it shitty for everyone !

>Modular multi-caliber
Pointless, it is always better to buy multiple rifles and everyone is realizing this. Multicaliber and quick change barrels are a meme. A bad one.
>Piston driven
Is directly inferior to DI
>because lol... sig.
A company with a track record of producing absolute failure rifles is a great reason not to adopt it. Remember the 556xi, the gun that promised all the MCX is supposed to do, but was dropped immediately after release because Sig sold them but couldn't get them to work?

>g3 is better than both but scar is better than h&gay 4shitteen

I don't think you've ever even held an AR, which makes your hot take on it all the more hilarious. You don't need to unshoulder it, retard.

this, changing calibers is fucking retarded and is just a final push from boomers to dethrone the 5.56x45mm round

i own one nogunz, you must have the worlds shortest arms to be able to charge it shouldered

No I have these sick things called elbows and wrists, you should look into getting them

More like an inferior half-measure that never gets implemented in militaries even when it is an option. Having dedicated weapons in their own caliber is always superior.

Honestly, the Russians got it right. Soldiers with intermediate rifles supported by designated marksmen with a full power rifle. It isn't hard.

Portugal why? You were one of the countries with the most aesthetic militaries in the world, next thing you know you will change your camo to basic bitch multimeme

Attached: 1500004751165.png (298x260, 62K)

Because aesthetic doesn't win wars. Of course, neither does Portugal.

Blah blah blah

They were all trying to do the same thing or similar thing. Some kind of dao to replace the standard da/sa.

Except the daewoo, it was just for the da pull.

>if it's popular or well liked it must be bad
>my decades old cold war stuff is just as good

>well shit it looks like I missed because my optic isn't zeroed for this caliber or barrel

Attached: 1413520402229.png (258x248, 5K)

Do you know how to read the mathematical symbol >? It means greater than. Are you the Portugueseanon? If so, you are excused- English is probably not your first language.

>SCARfags have triggered poorfags on Jow Forums so hard that they've gaslighted themselves into thinking the SCAR is somehow bad
bruh
youtube.com/watch?v=PApRcRE-ft8

It's incredible, especially when we're comparing it to an HK416, which has some actual real drawbacks.