Exotic Edition

Exotic Edition

LAYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = Rooty Tooty
LOYING ABOOT CRIMINAL HISTORY = Point and Shooty

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>reddit.com/r/CanadianForces/
For Forces info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of saigamarine's SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>en.legion-recrute.com/
French Foreign Legion recruitment website, for you criminals, autists, and mercenaries.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Info on sf86
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

previous thread:

Attached: 1528386912738.jpg (750x750, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

static.dma.mil/usaf/csafreadinglist/index.html
history.army.mil/html/books/105/105-1-1/index.html
grc-usmcu.libguides.com/usmc-reading-list
dcms.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-Human-Resources-CG-1/Civilian-Human-Resources-Diversity-and-Leadership-Directorate-CG-12/Office-of-Leadership-CG-12C/Reading-List/
navy.mil/ah_online/cno-readingprogram/
youtu.be/yOAhKZTV7jI?t=191
youtube.com/watch?v=kkc5Exg6lwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOLY FUCK I BET YOU CANT EVEN READ THIS POST

AF: static.dma.mil/usaf/csafreadinglist/index.html

Army: history.army.mil/html/books/105/105-1-1/index.html

Marines: grc-usmcu.libguides.com/usmc-reading-list

Coast Guard: dcms.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-Human-Resources-CG-1/Civilian-Human-Resources-Diversity-and-Leadership-Directorate-CG-12/Office-of-Leadership-CG-12C/Reading-List/

Fat Navy: navy.mil/ah_online/cno-readingprogram/

Attached: read a book lardass.jpg (566x480, 54K)

ya fucked up again holy shit how hard is 4channel for you people?

rich coming from someone who cant into general threads

BIG PT TIP FOR ANYONE

GET YOURSELF A CHEAP ASS BACKPACK AND PUT SOMETHING HEAVY IN IT SO IT'S AT LEAST 25-35 POUNDS. MAYBE A BUNCH OF BIRDSHOT.

NOW GO GET ON A TREADMILL OR A STAIRMASTER

GREAT FOR YOU BACK, CORE, HIPS, LEGS, AND ESPECIALLY CARDIO

Attached: PT.png (1280x940, 923K)

Is USMC aircraft maintenance a solid route? Wanna be a marine but don't wanna get out and be the same place i was before

wrong

>ctrl + F meg
Still couldnt find it, and im in here.

Ok but do not actually do this, especially with a normal backpack.
Do not fucking do this stupid shit.

Only if you get your A&P. Buddy of mine is a contractor on a 1 month home 2 months afghanistan for the next 2 years and gets paid tax free 130k a year.

exactly, user

The hyped up pay is hyped up, you're a wrench monkey for planes and pretty specialized in your specific area.
It's possible to get a gig like mentioned above, but you need to d you rHW and get all th ecerts you can.
Look into what Marine COOL would pay for for the MOS's you're eyeballing.

shhh

People here will eat that shit up and grab their beat up jansport and actually go injure themselves as they "push through the pain"
It's fucked up to troll people with injuries, user.

ok

OK IT'S OK TO GO RUCKING BUT THE FIRST THING I POSTED WILL ABSOLUTELY FUCK UP YOUR SPINE. DO NOT TRY "RUNNING" WITH A HEAVY PACK ON. DO NOT TRY GOING HARD ON A STAIR MASTER WITH A HEAVY PACK ON. UNLESS IT'S PART OF ORGANISED PT THEN YOU SHOULD TRY TO START YOUR RUCKING ACTIVITES WITH A WALK.

PLEASE DONT INJURE YOURSELVES FOR REAL

recruiter made me arrive 1 full hour before the bus to MEPS. i ship tomorrow morning to jackson. quite excited. anyone else going to jackson?

not going anywhere but your recruiter did the right thing and get used to doing that shit for the next few years of your life.

ok. thanks recruiter

Am I retarded for wanting to get prk before joining?
Money isn't really an issue. I can afford it. I know it'll cause about a 6 month (at least) hold up before I can ship. But I'm tired of being blind.

It's kinda retarded since you can get it for free later and won't need to worry about any vision shifts, as it will be really shifting for like a year potentially. Slowly getting better.
Why deal with that when you can do it in the military for free?

nice cat

I just hate being blind.
And I've heard it's a pain in the ass to get uncle sam to cover it, so won't I just end up paying out of pocket anyway?
You're probably right I'm already old enough, I shouldn't postpone joining any longer than I already have.

>couldnt see shit
>black meps lady gave me 20/20
>couldnt hear shit
>black meps man gave me perfect hearing score
>granted 111111 physical profile
?? is all of the army like this

sounds about right lmfao

ironic thing is i wanted to change MOS out if my current one so i was just going to let myself get less than 1 on the seeing portion. yet here i am

It's super easy to get uncle sam to cover it. I've never heard otherwise and that's how I did it.
Literally just told medical I wanted to do it, they gave me the paperwork which I had to go get command signatures on, and no one even questioned it when I said "it's for PRK".

After that it was smooth sailing. You get about a week off and can request an extension if your eyes are a true pain. Baby your eyes for the first month just to be safe. As in always wear sunglasses outside and don't stare at a computer too long without breaks.
Don't skimp on any of the drops they give and if you need more go to the pharmacy (on base) and get more for free.

No. That's mostly MEPS not giving a shit and it works in your favor so shut the fuck up. Later on during annual physicals you'll get it documented more clearly. The hearing test btw is done by a machine, they just read the scores and are there in case something seems off.

If dark chocolate tastes like shit to you you're either eating literal poop or you have a baby's palate.

enjoy it for what it is user. drink as much water as you're allowed and try to be a leader if that kind of thing appeals to you.

Attached: 1550795379675.gif (840x488, 511K)

it's bitter as sin but it's good for you. I love hersheys dark and special dark, but if you're in it for the health alone then you need to up the %

dont get me wrong dark chocalate is one of my favorite things but not the foodie type

thanks user. i will.
still just sitting here btw

hey user watch this silly youtube video
youtu.be/yOAhKZTV7jI?t=191
or this silly video
youtube.com/watch?v=kkc5Exg6lwQ
seeing as you wont be watching many silly videos in the coming weeks

Attached: 1520448362440.gif (480x360, 1.12M)

Any reason I would have Basic in a different place from my AIT?

Yes, there is no basic at ft huachuca for example.

>can't control+f meg to find thread
outstanding job op
let this thread die and someone else make a new one.
no im not gonna do it

Attached: 1567568848282.jpg (1000x662, 142K)

Tell me about the weirdest guy in your basic. We had a dude who kept jerking off in the stalls, it got so bad we had to have an entire flight intervention to make this absolute madman stop.

Attached: 1557025843828.jpg (1920x1248, 458K)

Should’ve just had him castrated

jesus and I thought I was a compulsive mastrabator

Attached: 1525802955980.jpg (385x278, 16K)

Which MOS fields in the Marines lead to good paying jobs in the civilian sector? Can someone tell me if any of these are good?
>Vehicle mechanics (LAV's and tanks)
>Comms (radios)

Just got out of Jackson. Sandy hot humid shithole. Good luck user.

We had this guy who was gonna marry his internet girlfriend he never met when he got out. Ended up getting chaptered after being declared homicidal/suicidal.

I'm sure nobody will help me since that's what happens every fucking time I ask this, but here goes:
Will I be able to join the canuckistan reserves if there is a medical record of me trying to an hero?

Attached: 74e.gif (200x143, 1.25M)

God damn you leaves are fucking retarded.
I have no idea what you just said.

Have you ever considered that it's almost entirely Americans who post on this board and especially this thread and instead of trolling your dumb ass with bullshit posts they just don't reply because they don't have the answer?

Anyway I'm a general in the Canadian army and I can tell you without a doubt that you're good to go.

>mechanic
>good paying in civilian sector
You'll leave the corps with experience that rednecks have from growing up.

If you want GOOD PAY then get a more white collar gig like IT, intel, linguist, or something. Do you think LAV and tank mechanics are in high demand out in the real world or something?
They're not.

Radios is only good money if you go full on autis for radio theory and/or electrical engineering. People who truly understand radio waves and how those fancy machines work (namely the encryption) are worth a lot.
The Corps won't teach you any of that shit so don't go in expecting you'll be a radio guru in 4 years and get hired by Harris because you know how to program a radio by pushing buttons in a certain order.

>MOS fields
It's MOS or MOF, fucking pick one.
Finally, all of that said, get a god damn degree when you get out and it doesn't really matter what you do. Just know I've never met a mechanic who loved being a mechanic in the military. Even airwingers just talked about how they're gonna make so much money when they get out only to realize they're not special and people learn how to fix planes all the time without enlisting so it's not exactly a rare skill.

So you're saying it's all worthless and I should just be infantry and do oorah cool guy shit and go to school after because it won't make a difference whether I'm a POG or not?

>I'm a general in the Canadian army
a part of me really wants to believe that Canada's top military brass post on Jow Forums

Attached: fat brian.png (214x168, 43K)

yeah?

Be infantry if you want the full military experience. be intel or IT if you want 1 contract with some portable skills.

never go supply, mechanic, cook, etc.

Not worthless but you seem to want to do more "Marine shit" than actually join the mil to get job experience so you do you.
It makes a difference because it looks better to have relevant stuff on your resume than not, but it's your life and worst case you get a nonshit degree and do alright.

If you want to say...get a computer science degree then I'd say you're an idiot for not just trying to go cyber straight off because when you go to get a job it looks good to have that on your resume + the degree vs some random bullshit no company cares about.

You really shouldn't join the Marines for job skills anyway since you don't really pick what you end up doing, imo.
Whatever you do, just fucking commit to it and then plan out the next steps instead of blindly going through life like a retard and then wondering where it all went wrong.

will i fly or ride a bus to basic? google maps says 6 hours 20 minutes by car, if that matters

depends on your location - it can go either way, or both. you may take a bus from the airport.

i just dont want to be stuck in a van for 6 and a half hours. is there a set distance where you know if youre flying or not?

Why does it matter? You're either joining or not. I'd assume they'd fly you for the sake of expediency and consistency, but otherwise a bus from MEPS is hardly the worst thing in the world.

just wondering is all. im in the hotel and leave tomorrow and havent heard anything. i love flying and was hoping i could fly there.

Wait till you ride a cattle trailer everywhere in basic. Or stacked 50 deep in an LMTV bed, a writhing mass of bodies as your drill is driving like a psychopath LOL

Yes, sorry kid you do in fact have to to college if you don't want to do be poor. Regardless of your service.

It's dead.

Buddy unless it's in the form of a heath bar surrounding something else I can't stand anything under 90%. It tastes fucking great even with barely any sugar. You sound like someone who can't drink frappuccinos for being too bitter. I know us Americans don't get exposed to bitter food much and have way too much sugar in our juvenile diets leading to shitty palates but jesus man dark chocolate isn't any more bitter than like blue moon beer or something. Fuck

FUCK FAT PEOPLE

Attached: 1544765416622.gif (349x367, 1.7M)

does anybody here know if college classes you've taken more than once count towards going in as a higher rank in the army?

Like, you took and passed the same class more than once?

Yeah I retook three classes, because I got two D's and a C (still considering passing and awards you the credits). Collectively they're worth 15 credits, so that would be nice to have.

I doubt credits stack but you know who would know? A recruiter.

Yeah, I messaged a recruiter and will meet him, tomorrow most likely, but I wanted to be as informed as possible too.

If you're worried anything is bullshit, ask that here.
I wouldn't hold my breath on 1 class being worth more than 3 credits just because you took it again.
A school wouldn't take em like that, that's for sure.

ah alright, thanks, man. The only reason I ask is because the school does count them for my total hours and my completion rate, they just don't count them for my GPA. Only the highest grade is added to my GPA

Can't shitpost publicly when you're a public figure in Turdeaun Cuckistan

Attached: 1539225946705.jpg (436x513, 69K)

>Only the highest grade is added to my GPA
god i wish that was me

HERE HERE FUCK NAVY

Why are the airforces recs so shit and so few?
Why are the Navys recs so many?

By the way, does anyone have the name of that one book basically describing americas strategy on global influence (particularly in Europe)?
It was about how basically warfare has evolved beyond the conventional sense and now immigration and stuff are essentially tools of war.

whats the shittiest branch? how shitty is the army?

marines

less shitty than the marines though shittier than the air force who live like office workers in comparison

Army kind of sucks but there are some advantages like choosing your job
If you want to go SOF Army is probably your best option
Just stay away from the Navy and the USMC
What do you want to do?

Bragg and the 173rd aren't that bad right guys?

So this girl made me smoke weed to fuck her. In the event I'm positive what do I do? Should I report it right now?

idiot

You never risked it for the biscuit?

You're fucking retarded I hope you piss hot

Kek pussy slaves

First of all, you have the say next time. You're the man here.
just work out really hard for a couple days. It will go out of your system in no time. When's your test?

Say I enlist in the reserves with disease that isn't easily detectable, and then after I get home from training I go get treated with say prescribed meds. Would this affect my service in any way?

You have to clean it out of your system by completely flushing your body of the THC-inflected bodily fluids. The body is roughtly 70% water but to be safe take your body weight times 0.75 and drink enough so you can piss out that much by your test date. A liter of water weighs one kg so converting to pounds you want to piss out around .34L per pound of your body weight or a gallon for every 11 pounds you weigh.
Get to it fast though, THC can take a long time to get rid of.

Ranger 13f vs tacp/CCT. What would be the best choice if I want to be around ground units and call for artillery/CAS when the situation arrives? Any pros or cons i should be aware of?

be more specific with your disease please asshole

Stomach adenocarcinoma, but it's only stage 1.

i'd like to know this question as well but for the NG. if i get diagnosed and put on pills do i still show up every month or do they discharge me?

Really it depends on if your CoC wants to hold onto you or not. Other than things that are specifically protected by law you're at their mercy.

what if i didn't tell them?

They already know. If you're a gambling man then just try not to give them a reason to care.

Poor tiger

Is going to the guard as a 31b a bad idea?
Everyone says its a bad idea. But at the same time, you're literally a cop. I dont see how this would hurt a career in law enforcement especially if I'm going to school at the same time?