/prg/ precision rifle general

just making one because I picked up that howa APC in 6.5 mememoor because of the old threads and then they just died off suddenly.
anyways guys lets talk long distance shooting.

Group calc program.
>ontargetshooting.com/

Quick video brief with exercises on MIL ranging with practical exercises.
>youtube.com/watch?v=kSbtwSS16Qg[Open]

Ballistic calc and chart.
>jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi

Turret/ milling/ basic windage/ basic drop/ Practice.
>shooterready.com/lrsdemo.html

Data books.
>scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5539-diy/13433967-d-i-y-data-books

Basic forum work.
>youtube.com/watch?v=8rLfYLM48Ms[Open]

Glass basics.
>youtube.com/watch?v=TVF2pdHbX1M[Open]

Some guy that thinks he is a Dinosaur, Sawry.
Sniper 101 link for the lazy crowd.
>youtube.com/watch?v=pwG-D0HjCBQ[Open]
Playlist.
>youtube.com/watch?v=pwG-D0HjCBQ&list=PLJUaiRIEduNXoal2_PkBZi0vDCIcEPxUn[Open]

Math suggestions to get you on target.
>millettsights.com/resources/shooting-tips/mathematics-for-precision-shooters/

Blank dope book.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4g3GGWc_ZrLoRyxGRso5bMPRpHaAmyxvtIVj_INddI/edit?usp=sharing

>precisionrifleblog.com/
Optics Review.
>precisionrifleblog.com/2014/09/19/tactical-scopes-field-test-results-summary/

Babby's first lazer range finder.
>amazon.com/dp/B01DS38XM2/

Am I going to break in & out shoot my barrel? No user, you probably aren't.
1st post.
>sniperforums.com/forum/off-topic/44655-gale-mcmillian-barrel-break.html
5th post
>sniperforums.com/forum/rifles/16385-do-you-break-rifles-come-accuracy-garauntee.html

American Hamburgers ballistics calculators.
>bisonballistics.com/point_mass_calculations/new

Attached: 1544085393163.jpg (425x275, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01DS38XM2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A 16" ar chambered in 6.5 grendel is the only rifle you need. Good for cqb and shots out to 1100 yards.

>shots out to 1100 yards.
get
the
fuck
out
of
here

>Good for cqb and shots out to 1100 feet.

fixed it for you

amazon.com/dp/B01DS38XM2/

is that an actual functional laser finder or is this a joke?

Range finders have come way down in prices. Just don’t expect to be able to range animals at the distance advertised. You will probably get 1/3 of the range on a deer.

I own a Leupold RX-1600 and I’m very happy with it.

is that a real bipod?

Why must scopes be so expensive?

Does anyone have any XP with Meopta's new Optika 6 series scopes, and specifically the 5-30 one?

Also go ahead and tell me thats a shit choice for a Bergara B14 that I kinda sorta impulse bought. I'll be fine

Post your grendel faggots, i bet you shoot 4" groups with a 308 at 300 yards and consider youself a long range snipers.

whats the rule?
rifle cant be over 2k
scope cant be over 2k for competitions?
how do they enforce that even?

Is a Ruger Hawkeye in .300 win mag good to go? I am also pairing it with an Zeiss HD5 5-25x conquest scope as well.

Is there any real benefit to spending another 500 for the precision .300 win mag rifle version?

Attached: sdklfkldsgjklewjgewg.jpg (900x600, 38K)

naw, nothing like that
I don't get paid enough, is more like it

Sup /prg/, I've been looking for a good AR10 for the bench that is still reasonable to carry when I'm out hunting. Basically, I'm looking for an solidly accurate AR10 that doesn't weigh as much as a boat anchor. /arg/ has been pretty useless on this and since there is a thread up now I figure you are the best people to ask. I've been looking at the LWRC REPR, LMT Sharpshooter 2, GAP10 G2 (probably axed, weights to much), and Larue PredatAR 7.62. Anything else I should be considering? Suppressor use is also a consideration since I'll have an Omega 300 out of jail in the next few months. Also, cost isn't really an issue unless we are getting above ~$4k for the rifle.

Attached: sharpshooter-2.jpg (1440x640, 183K)

The new Daniel Defense DD5V3 looks neat. 2 position adjustable gas for suppressor usage. Right hand bolt hold open. Decently accurate. If the GAP10 was tickling your fancy consider just doing your own AR10 build using the Seekins SP10 receiver set (what the GAP uses) and selecting a slightly lighter/shorter barrel.

Barrel is the number one place to save weight on an AR10, followed by rail, then receivers. A good barrel makes all the difference in both accuracy and in the weight of the gun.

The LMT would be pretty cool. I just finished an AR10 using an LMT lower and I kind of wish I had gone LMT all the way, except I've heard some mixed things about suppressing them and they don't have adjustable gas.

Consider the new POF Revolution. Looks very neat. Suchka in /arg/ just got one. Small frame AR10.

Attached: ExplodedAnimeDMR20.jpg (4139x3949, 3.87M)

GET OUT NOW GET OUT AND STAY OUT NEVER COME BACK

Fuck off back to /arg/ wuggy, you are the reason I said they weren't very helpful.

Attached: WGWS can't into BC.jpg (1644x1641, 234K)

>wants Omega 300 suppressed AR10 for both humping around (hunting) and bench precision
>dude with exact same suppressor, and two AR10 builds with similar POUs offers advice

Attached: 20180220_214343.jpg (1594x897, 509K)

>wants Omega 300 suppressed AR10 for both humping around (hunting) and bench precision
Who says I plan to hunt with the Omega 300 on the gun retard? I'd gladly run foam earplugs to cut a fucking pound off my rifle when I'm walking rucking around in mountains.

>dude with exact same suppressor, and two AR10 builds with similar POUs offers advice
I'm pretty familiar with your shitty builds from /arg/ and /akg/, anything you consider good should be viewed with extreme skepticism. In fact your track record for multiple types of firearms and general firearms knowledge speaks for itself, pic related. Do us all a favor and fuck back off to /arg/, no one wants your dumb ass here.

Attached: 1559695474040.png (1497x1063, 250K)

Look man, you want to talk AR10s and Omega
That is what I've got. Take it or leave it.

Attached: 20190720_201706.jpg (2209x2524, 2.81M)

>Look man, you want to talk AR10s and Omega
Yes, with someone that actually knows about guns and long range shooting, which means not you.

>That is what I've got. Take it or leave it.
Lol I'll gladly leave it. I'll make sure to tell you to fuck off preemptively next time like I used to in /arg/ now that I know you are shitting up /prg/. I have less than zero interest in any ass backwards opinions you have, you brain damaged faggot.

Attached: 1557878647463.png (1555x829, 1.86M)

Lol damn dude you REALLY don't like me. Good luck with your AR10 and SiCo Omega 300. I sure do like mine.

Attached: DSC04042.jpg (4897x2769, 3.64M)

I'm pretty sure almost anyone that spends time in threads you post in regularly fucking hates you, IIRC /arg/ voted you the most hated trip and decided they'd rather be maimed by and IED than be you. It's not just me, it's most the active posters in the generals you shit up.

Attached: WGWS or IED.jpg (1369x765, 105K)

Keep going, you can do it. If you just berate me enough surely your aims will be achieved.

Attached: DSC04050.jpg (3327x3143, 3.16M)

Oh, I'm sure I can't run you off, you seem to be a glutton for punishment when it comes to people dunking on you. What I can do is show everyone in this thread what a retard you are so nobody will take you seriously going forward. I'm sure people here would like to know about you shooting at your friends, I'll even see if I can dig up the webm.

Attached: wgws shooting.jpg (512x640, 45K)

lol wrong one.

Attached: WGWS Kills.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

looks good. but then again I got the howa APC instead of a bergara HMR because my friend loves them so much so dont listen to me

>i bet you shoot 4" groups with a 308 at 300

Why does everyone have to shit all over .308 these days? It's still a good round you 6 mil poser faggots.

Attached: Das Juden.png (400x634, 197K)

>What I can do is shit up the thread incessantly
You're exceptionally good at it.

Attached: DSC04039.jpg (3947x2490, 3.75M)

Dealing with cancer is never easy or painless.

Attached: wgws ak abortion.png (756x515, 899K)

I'm feeling at ease and pretty pain free?
Where are you hurting?

Attached: DSC03955.jpg (3105x2982, 3.3M)

You should interact with him on the internet outside of Jow Forums. He's hilariously autistic, which makes complete sense for someone whose been doxed to oblivion and hated with such an intensity as he is.

It's hard to feel pain when you have neurological issues on your level, you fucking retarded jew.

Attached: WGWS brainlet.png (784x839, 241K)

Attached: 26122266162146.jpg (1920x1080, 931K)

Attached: 1555535043993.png (703x871, 82K)

Where are you hurting?
My sides. They're hurting pretty bad from laughing at all your cope. You're just as much of a cringe master as I remember.

Attached: WGWS Concussions.png (1849x157, 51K)

Attached: DSC03947.jpg (3197x3095, 2.79M)

Attached: whatgripwhatstockcopypasta.png (1883x204, 78K)

Do I have my own folder on your PC?

Attached: DSC03991.jpg (4768x2802, 3.46M)

No, you're not good enough like Scaranon.

Attached: 1559186220461.jpg (1280x720, 806K)

Are rear monopods necessary if you aren’t solely shooting off perfectly flat and level shooting benches?

You do know the /prg/ is more for discussing marksmanship and guns, not just spamming random gun pictures with no context or discussion right?

4 inches at 300 isn't bad desu

Attached: what height what manlet.jpg (607x469, 59K)

>Scaranon has his own folder
Impressive for both of you

Bump for this question. Was told to not get once since they just dig troughs in the dirt, but I'm curious.

Attached: AnimeDMR.jpg (4048x3036, 2.86M)

I want you to know, I don't hate you. I, and many others, hate the behaviors you exhibit. When you're not being an insufferable cunt you can actually be interesting.

Attached: Stupid dumb manlet scum.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

You get the bully until the day arrives when you stop being a little faggot, you fucking pariah.

Attached: 1555288844986.jpg (800x420, 84K)

I’m torn because I can totally get how they would become a tent stake, but I feel weird about supporting that much weight that high off the ground just with my shoulder and not a beanbag especially when I actually care about shooting for /precision/ rather than hitting a torso plate

Lol I forgot how much of a shitshow that gun was and how poor the fit was on it. Instead of returning shit like a normal person you went ape on it with an angle grinder like the humongous retard you are. It's fucking hilarious you have the balls to try and give other people advice when your builds are that shit.

Attached: 1559404490365.jpg (600x600, 103K)

Considering how many pictures you have of me saved on your computer, you seem obsessed.

Dude wants to talk about AR10s and SiCo Omega 300 suppressor. I've got that exact setup, I'm trying to talk to him about it.

Attached: 20190601_102409.jpg (2870x1428, 2.55M)

Eat shit, eat shit and cry Wuggy.

Attached: 1555289363520.png (1852x669, 561K)

>you seem obsessed
You say this like it the negative social aspect should dissuade me. I'm anonymous you fucking moron. I'm completely free from all social scorn. Who cares besides you.

Attached: 1558419064714.jpg (600x583, 101K)

Well, he doesn't seem to want to talk to you, and honestly, I don't blame him. If you're going to stick around at least do the thread a favor and stop spamming random pictures of your guns for no reason, all it does is fill up the thread and cause people to shitpost at you even more.

>I'm free from all social scorn
You've got other things that it would do you good to let go of.

Attached: DSC03949.jpg (4041x3441, 3.62M)

And last one before I go eat. Have fun with the saved /akg/ and /arg/ images /prg/

Attached: two faces in one.png (945x702, 566K)

>pictures of guns on Jow Forums is the problem
>It surely isn't the dude who has a bunch of images of me saved on his computer spamming them when I enter a thread trying to discuss things on topic
I think the "gatekeeping" is far more damaging than the pictures of guns.

Attached: milling.jpg (4016x3072, 2.54M)

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm trying to lurk and learn. What exactly is a wuggy/wgws?

t.not the guy you replied to

Attached: 1568154544904.jpg (560x418, 14K)

>pictures of guns on Jow Forums is the problem
Lol dude, I'm not asking you to not post pictures of guns, I'm asking you to actually add something to the thread other than a post that's just a picture like you were doing earlier. Honestly, I can hop on google images and see tricked out AR10s worth 2-3x what yours are just as easily as clicking your pictures, it adds nothing to the thread.

>It surely isn't the dude who has a bunch of images of me saved on his computer spamming them when I enter a thread trying to discuss things on topic
They both fucking suck, and there would be less of both if you stopped spamming your low effort picture only posts for no reason. I'm fucking trying to give you a chance and not jump on your shit like these other anons are doing, but Jesus Christ you're making it hard to not fucking hate you.

Attached: 5wwja77ilxl31.jpg (567x636, 61K)

>exactly is a wuggy/wgws?
wuggy/wgws = WhatGrip?WhatStock?. He's one of the resident retards in the general threads. Just look through the shit that's been posted about him and you'll understand what's up, he's also apparently into fucking traps.

Attached: WGWS officially worst trip.jpg (1201x994, 115K)

All these people who don’t know anything about precision shooting but feel so personally attacked they have to shitpost about non precision shooting nonsense

See:

Yeah, we all saw how you wouldn't shut the fuck up when he didn't want to talk to you. No go on and add something to the discussion or STFU.

Uh so I've got this Savage Axis 308 XP that I'm trying to decide what to do with. It is unthreaded so I know I need to at least chop it a bit to get enough shoulder to install a can mounting muzzle device. Thoughts on making it a 14.5" or possibly even a 14" gun?
I also kind of want to put it in a chassis, mainly so I can get a folding stock on it. Any recommendations?

Attached: DSC03954.jpg (3270x2945, 3.45M)

Lol got any good stories? If he's this dense on Jow Forums I'm curious what he's like IRL.

I prefer to sandbag the rear.
But with really heavy guns like 50s you're pretty much stuck with the monopod because the bags dont do well with the weight.

Fucking kek, its been a while since I saw someone get BTFO'd that hard on Jow Forums.

>I'm fucking trying to give you a chance and not jump on your shit
God I remember when I was like you. Many, many anons have tried.

I'm looking into getting my first precision rifle. I want a .308 due to its widespread availability. Is the Ruger precision rifle my best option for under $1300? I plan on pairing it with a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50

I still love you wugwug
dont let the bastards get you down.
but for real. can we actually talk shooting? Im trying to get into this. got a cheap MOA nikko sterling.
but If I get another scope mil dot is the way to go? christmas tree?

whats the easiest way to get into precision shooting. I mean easy for me.
mil dot and xmas tree? is MOA easier to learn?
can a left handed shooter on a righty bolty boy become a good shooter?

I actually like wuggy too, hes not afraid to admit when hes wrong and he tries to be helpful

>hes not afraid to admit when hes wrong
You're kidding right? In the past he's refused to admit he was wrong for weeks on multiple occasions on /arg/ and /akg/ when anons were shoving the proof in his face every thread.

>he tries to be helpful
Yeah, by spreading misinformation and talking out his ass on the regular.

Attached: 1565320236951.gif (500x391, 2.05M)

sell it and 14.5" 308 seems like a waste for a precision gun unless youre trying to make some scout rifle type thing. you already have a nice shorter barrel ar10 and it just seems redundant and not very efficient.
Id get something more different to invest my time on.
>defiance, surgeon, or mausingfield magnum long action
>lothar, kreiger, or even criterion, dougless, or hart barrel in 1:8 with maybe #9ish contour or heavier 24"
>mirage xl action chassis
>mk13 reamer
>accurate mag lapua length 300wm mag
>225 eldm on h1000 or the new 230gr closed nose from sierra if theyll fit
>choice atlas
should be around 4.5k after gunsmithing

Or build something like an m40 in a choice caliber.

Maybe I havent seen him at his worst yet then. Until I do, Ill put up with him

true
>inb4 this one time I did overlapping you must suck
If you can still group inside 4" at 300 yards with a 308 on your worst days youre doing reallly good.

Can't sell it. Gift from my father. I know they're budget guns, but I want to turn it into something useful enough that I'll use it. Problem is it isn't even the heavy barrel one.
Magnum bolt action is way far down the line. Honestly just considering RPR in 338 lap.

But yeah I want to do something with this Axis.
It would be sort of a budget pork sword.

All my buds shoot and spot in mils so I use mils. I've never competed with a horus or similar reticule, but I can see how it is way faster than dialing.

afaik you can get a better base rifle than the RPR, but it will be missing features that the RPR has. I've heard the RPR is one of the best values in that price range to come out of the box ready with a decent chassis and trigger. I've messed with my friends and I'm convinced personally when I go magnum I'll go RPR.

>cheap MOA nikko sterling.
supposedly theres "better" entry optics now but you would not go wrong with an swfa fixed 10 or 12. At the very least it would be a very tough reliable tracking optic. I dont remember what the better ones are supposed to be but I remember talking to a few trusted sources on it.
>mil dot and xmas tree? is MOA easier to learn?
ultimately, youre just measuring angles with them. Christmas trees are nice but can obscure your picture. If you can force yourself to use meters, Id try mil since it's more standard but moa is really rising in popularity. I like using imperial and found myself with mostly MOA.
>can a left handed shooter on a righty bolty boy become a good shooter?
yeah, some people prefer to usr wrong handed actions because it's easier to work the bolt prone as well as collect brass and something to do with how the rifle torques in your shoulder making it supposedly just a little more accurate

>and something to do with how the rifle torques in your shoulder making it supposedly just a little more accurate
err, was thinking about twists there

can I get a savage axis and call it a day if I spend a lot on a scope?

What do you want the rifle to do?

Any suggestions for a scope on a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun. For hunting between 2-300yds?

>yeah, some people prefer to usr wrong handed actions because it's easier to work the bolt prone
iiiiif it's got a pistol grip. on a "hunting style", semi-pistol-grip kind of stock thats sorta meh. I tend to run the back of the bolt into my right thumb every couple shots on my buddy's durr .30-06

Thoughts on the MR308 ?

Attached: MR308-A3-G28-HD1080-Profil-droit-sn.jpg (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Somehow the PSG-1 had better precision

wasnt the psg1 a true, fully free floated autoloader?
piston, but hk makes nice stuff so it could be plenty accurate. Like an ar10, you might be a little COAL limited compared to what you can do with rifles but if youre only loading saami it wont bother you.

Just got my first long range rifle. I've always wanted to get into long range shooting. The scope is a budget level scope, but I figured it was a good starting point. I'm definitely going to buy a better one once I get better at long distance shooting. Thanks for links OP. Some good information, for me anyway who's just starting out

Attached: IMG_20190824_115847682.jpg (4000x3000, 2.47M)

6.5G is a fucking waste of money.