Is getting a cat gonna make me more happy or am I going to regret it and be stuck with it for 10-20 years?

Is getting a cat gonna make me more happy or am I going to regret it and be stuck with it for 10-20 years?

Attached: catsitsonpancakes.jpg (381x604, 61K)

just let it be more of an outdoor/barn cat

Cats are wonderful pets. I own 3 and work at a rescue shelter that deals with much more. The fluffy little bastards melt my heart. Absolutely get one.
BUT if you have the option, get a mouse or rat instead. They're much cheaper (in both upkeep costs and adoption fee) and just as adorable. You won't regret getting either.

Attached: 1523491225801.jpg (347x249, 15K)

I live in an appartment so its gonna be an indoor cat

rats and mice piss and shit everywhere dont do it

They don't shit as much as you'd expect. Rats shit less then mice, and it's super easy to clean up after both.
t. Man who had too many rodent pets as a child

don't subject a cat to that

get a rodent, something that'll be happy to live in limited space

if you do
make sure to get more than one, mice/rats are very social and it'll get desperately lonely when you're gone if it doesn't have a buddy.

>don't subject a cat to that

What? Cats are indoor animals, its highly recommanded to keep a cat indoors anyway. And my appartment is pretty big.

People that buy cats and kickign it out ready to be kicked by niggers or ran over by cars are retards anyway might as well not take a pet then

Also shut the fuck up with your fucking pest animals

im asking about a cat

I really recommend you read more about cat behaviour and what it does when you keep them indoors 24/7. They've still got instincts and want to romp around and play. Fat cats might be cute, but it's not the way nature intended them to be.
Also, if you want a cat exclusively for emotional support, you won't be happy. If you own a pet and expect something out of them besides companionship, you'll probably be pissed and in extreme cases might abuse them. I've seen it happen before. knows all about this, it might be worth checking there for more advice.

Attached: 1523051107837.jpg (561x606, 86K)

Cattos give you warm snuggles and make you feel nice

I hear house cats are money pits.

If it's so bad for them why do they live two years longer indoors?

because there's no risk for them? The height of their struggle will be you forgetting to feed them for a couple hours.

Because they don't get ran over or some shit when indoors. It's basically saying "Well this guy lived inside for his entire life and lived 5 years longer then this man who had a true, full life and died at almost the same age"

>true, full life
the fuck does that even mean?
>If you don't live like me, your life isn't true!!!@

Keeping cats indoors is cruel imo. They are meant to go outside and explore and run around. I have had cats my entire life, theyve all been outdoor cats, come and go as they please. Never had one get run over or anything, sure theyve had small injuries here and there but thats life, they deal with it and move on. Every indoor cat i have seen has always tried to escape as soon as anyone opens a door leading outside, makes me feel bad for them, humans make a choice to stay indoors 24/7, cats dont, its like keeping them in prison. I get that you want to protect your cat and you dont want any harm to come to them but its the equivalent of never letting a child play outside because you think something bad is going to happen, at some point your over protectiveness becomes more detrimental than beneficial. Risk is a part of life, trying to minimise it as much as possible becomes an impedance on the quality of said life.

having a cat is the only thing that makes me happy

This is bullshit OP, I have had 5 cats in my life, 2 outdoor 3 indoor.
Both outdoor cats are probably dead, 1 mauled by a cougar and we saw its corpse so dead for sure the other just never came home, probably died.
The 3 indoor cats had plenty of room, a climbing post, toys, ect. All 3 died of old age at around 8-10, all happy. Letting house cats go outside is like letting an infant go outside, they can't protect themselves and will die to other feral cats, dogs, cougars of you live in the wild, cars in the city, ect. it's just a dumb idea.

Oh and if you can afford a cat get one, remember you usually have to pay for shots, food, litter, toys, ect. But If you can afford those a cat makes your life more enjoyable if you enjoy having a companion.

Attached: kirby not impressed.jpg (260x282, 16K)

cat imprisoner.

>old age at around 8-10

One of our cats lived to 16 and the other one is 21 and still alive.

Personally, I wish my family didn't get pets.

I hate hair getting everywhere.

I hated the dog barking all the time and the cats meowing at the worst times. I thought I'd like a cat sleeping on my bed when I was younger, but they want to sleep on your legs, and it is just annoying as hell and I can't get to sleep when a pet is doing that.

Once they get old they will probably need to take medicaiton, and, and unlike grandpa, they won't just take it, and most of the stuff you cant mix with food. You have to force it down their throats. Giving pills to cats is hell on Earth until they are too old to resist.

Cats throw up a lot

Both cats and dogs will have accidents once in a while.

All this hassle for what? Some attention? Some licks? Fuck that. I'm never getting a pet again. Way too much work and no reward I appreciate.

I mean animals like me and stuff and Im nice to them, but I'd rather just appreciate other people's pets.

I'd rather my cat was alive and imprisoned in an environment with lots of toys, places built for them to climb and hide, than dead on the streets.