Motorcycle thread

What's your reason for not owning a bike?

Attached: catt.jpg (3024x4032, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wyniWQWAy10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No interest in them and I'm saving money to learn how to drive a car at the moment which would be much more functional for my needs.

recently just got ninja 250r 2008

how important is checking the valve clearance every 10k if you ride it non aggressively

also what are peoples opinions on idling the bike for approx 2 minutes before moving, is it shit advice

Dont got the money, time, or a wish to get dragged under a bus.
Would love pic related though
Scramblers are cool af

Forgot to add scram

Attached: 4740258C-D73C-44C4-8E88-217F8ADEFE5B.jpg (1250x834, 233K)

I have no money.
None of it, 0%.
Well, like 20 dollars.

Attached: Bleh.png (971x774, 433K)

I test rode a Ducati Scrambler and it was everything on it was great. It wasn't as powerful as a Hayabusa but the power is a lot more manageable

It should be fine - I usually have to idle mine for a minute in the morning to warm it up and stop the top cylinder from hissing.

>weather is shit almost all the time
>roads are an obstacle course of potholes, manhole covers, and general road furniture
>roads are also full of shit drivers, school run mums, van drivers, girls on their phone, etc. Just look at dashcam footage on youtube to see how oblivious drivers really are
>buying, insuring and licencing will cost me more than a car. Motorcycling is no longer a cheaper alternative to driving

It's a preemptive measure. Riding with valves out of spec can really fuck up your engine.

However, it's probably not that important unless you plan on keeping the ninja around for a while.

I'm a manlet and my feet barely touch the floor on the smallest bikes. I worry about losing my balance and falling. Even felt that way when I was sitting on a couple in a motorcycle dealers.

Short people look cooler on bikes. It's a fact.

saw a girl the other day stopped at the lights keeping the bike upright with her tippy toes

Live in western Oregon and it rains most of the year so roads are almost always wet. Don't wanna spend the money on something I'm only going to ride in the summer.

How short are you?

I'm 5'9, is that too short for a bike?

>is that too short for a bike?
nope

This. If you can afford a bike you are not a robot.

This again? Who cares about being a robot? I'm me, and that's who I want to be.
I don't wanna be affiliated with some random title that takes away all individuality, I wanna be me, even if I'm a replusive and awful human.
I'm still me, and I wouldn't wanna be anything else.

Attached: NononDisgust.png (366x361, 177K)

I already have a car to neglect, don't need more than one poorly maintained vehicle thanks.

Do you like my bike robutts?

Attached: IMGP1834-2.jpg (3221x4174, 1.49M)

forgive me, those tires look bald, is that on purpose

Yea they are pretty much slicks.

who else /supermoto/ here
this thing rips like an animal

Attached: TM125.png (378x299, 246K)

Dead thread probably but, how many miles is too many miles for a bike?

I'm in the market for a beginner cruiser/sportster bike, $2k max. Looking for something I can potentially lay down if I fuck up but I'd like to know it will make it for at least a year.

depends on the bike and how its been used.
a 2 stroke supermoto like the one above your post doing wheelies and burnouts will last a whole lot less than a reliable 4 stroke cruiser

Attached: 089929bd2ca75add9d98275cddacf933.jpg (736x490, 49K)

I really would but I'm too scared that someone doesn't see me and I'll get in an accident where I will break alot of my bones and then fade away in a hospital.

A nigger stole mine.

Take a course or something to try it out. You may find that the risk is worth the exhilaration.

You could also buy a dirtbike - shits like 50x safer.

sweet bike & photo dude

i have a bunch
i'd show you but no uploads

because my western city is populated by chinks who don't know how to drive. It also rains about 8 months of the year

Ty user! Originalli

I prefer comfort if I have to go somewhere and I would definitely crash if I had a fast bike.
125cc cross bike is optimal for me.

I'm getting my car driving license this month and then will be getting a bike and learnign to drive that ASAP after that.

I really want one but I don't really know what kind. I like vintage looking bikes like Triumphs but I'll probably go with a racing bike like a CBR or something. I'm kinda biased because my friend who got me into bikes rides a Honda 750 and is all about Hondas.

I'm stressing about getting a 125 or something up to a 400. Everyone says to start with a 125 but the driving instructor who gave me a free lesson at the weekend was telling me to look at 600.

I'm already going deaf from riding pillion which is unfortunate. I don't know why helmets don't have built in ear protection.

Might buy another bike tomorrow, meets all my criteria and is in good shape. I am hopeful that it will go well.

I don't go outside, I have no where to go.

my baikus

my cutoff for mileage would be like 20k but thats totally arbitrary and depends on the bike and maintenance history. take a look at any of the jap 250s/300s. i dont know much about cruisers but there might be some nice ones that fit your criteria. theres lots of guides and yt vids on how to inspect a used bike which you want to do as well as ascertain how it was maintained e.g. a bike with 15k miles and regular oil changes, chain cleaning, etc is better than one with 5k miles that was wheelied, redlined, and never had the oil changed

Attached: IMG_20180129_100421.jpg (3783x2099, 1.2M)

Not my actual bike but same bike and color. Been riding for about 5 months now.

Attached: SV.jpg (700x525, 102K)

The perfect motorcycle (unbiased)

there are technically 600s that would work for a beginner like the ninja 650 (not the zx6r) but in general 100bhp supersports arent the ideal bike to start on. there were many times on my 300 when i was getting a feel for the throttle and clutch that i messed it up. had i been on a 600 id have a trashed bike and a broken assbone

The risk of getting in a bad wreck and being maimed for life because people suck at driving just doesn't seem worth the amazing thrill of riding.

gromgromgromgromgrom

It rains 200 days a year where I live.

Too mentally ill to negotiate and buy one

I own two dirt squirters, a street bike and an ATV. Wouldnt give it up for the world. Been riding for 20 years and raced for a few years too
I always let my bikes warm up but running at idle isnt really enough to get your bike to running temperature. I just suggest riding easy for a few minutes before you pin it

I like it a lot, but I'm probably going to sell it soon and get a 600 super sport.

>Really want a bike
>Living in China where bikes are banned in most cities

If I bought one I could only ride in the countryside

Sumo fag here, can you guess the make?

Attached: IMG_6366.jpg (4272x2848, 1.32M)

Buying bikes really does require a lot more mechanical intuition than purchasing a car.

30mph speed limit almost everywhere around where I live and have to get to, so I don't see the point, also considering that's how fast I walk.

Get a scooter bruh

I want to buy a starter bike but i know absolutely nothing about them. Where do i start what are some good models and what should i look for/ expect?

no point typing it out its all pretty well covered in this vid youtu.be/wyniWQWAy10

i bought a ninja 300 at first but later bought a dual sport which i wish i had bought first instead. really all depends on where you live and what you want to do on the bike.

bwahwhawhawha, tell me that again when you're sitting in daily traffic for 4 hours while my commute only takes 10 minutes compare to your 4 hours :D After trading in my Cadillac STS in 2007 for 1100cc, I've never looked back at another car

Attached: 1523670213056.jpg (750x728, 50K)