Why is it 'immature' to enjoy delicious foods?

i feel like food toppings are stupid meme. my coworker asked me about my favorite food, i straight up told him (after confirming 'flavor-only') "macaroni and cheese" which is just boiled noodles + cheese. 2 ingredients really (i add salt as well) but what is so laughable about that? they make jokes about it, and even when i get a burger or sandwich i focus on extra meat and cheese over adding small amounts of 10 different plants

for birthdays boss will buy the office lunch, for mine I chose chicken tendies. i mean who doesn't like tendies or at least fries? how is pizza more sophisticated? nothing else is universally liked really, i enjoy extra cheesy pizza.

and yeah i admit these foods are fattening, that's why i don't always eat them but nobody laughs as hard if you say 'oh my favorite food is pistachio ice cream' or 'chocolate cheese cake' but if you say nuggies or mac'n'cheese OH BOY.

BTW most of these "toppings" don't add anything valuable, at most 5% more of a handful of vitamins at the expense of stupid flavors from GMO seeds or leaves. others (mayonnaise & ranch for example) are actually bad for you

Attached: burger_toppings_memorial_day.jpg (990x1614, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PH4E2zx8gg
melmagazine.com/the-men-who-eat-like-boys-c72c39da18bf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's because they're simple and cheap.
People have this strange stigma about cheap food not being able to be declious enough to be a favorite. They want a bunch of exotic shit or a complicated dish.
There's nothing wrong with simple.

toppings are absolutely a meme, I only tolerate them on my food because I'm too apathetic to actually request a restaurant to remove them. Unless it's pickles. Fuck pickles.

Attached: 1479440184705.jpg (125x113, 3K)

i agree op
personally i am a ketchup-only burger kind of man

Not only are your favorite food choices unhealthy, but they're literally flavorless slop. They take no skill to prepare or enjoy. They're no-skill food. You've been too afraid or unfortunate your whole life to expand your palette that people lose respect for you. All inexperienced people are not respected.

It doesn't have to be 'pistachio ice cream' or whatever shit you thought up. How about you have a chicken kiev instead? It's literally a more delicious chicken tendie. How about alfredo pasta? It's more advanced mac n' cheese. I'll proudly say my favorite food is a cheeseburger and nobody will laugh, because making a fantastic cheeseburger takes knowledge.

Who plain triple cheeseburger with onions, bacon, and bbq sauce master race here?

Your momma is a flavorless slop but I still pound the pussy like Mike

Ayyy

how the fuck is it plain with three toppings

gee whiz look at this fancy pants over here with his "chicken kiev" and "cheeseburger". wow you are so experienced and respectable for liking slightly more complex forms of energy-replenishing consumables

>How about alfredo pasta? It's more advanced mac n' cheese.
When you get right down to it, it's not more advanced

anyone else feel like nuggies/tendies are absolutely OK without sauce? if i need sauce, it's only because they are too hot to eat regularly, which also prevents me from truly enjoying the true flavor: deep-fried chicken, YUM!

95% of the 'health problems' associated with deep fried chicken and french fries are the quality of oil used to fry them. both chicken and potato have high levels of certain vitamins, more than 95% of energy-rich foods.

most 'dipping sauces' are full of the same cancer-promoting polyunsaturated fat-laden seed oils. deep fry your tendies, nuggies and fries in COCONUT OIL (doesn't even taste like anything) and you will live longer and be healthier than normies.

>Coconut oil serves several purposes. Its butyric acid is known to increase T3 uptake by glial cells. It has a general pro-thyroid action, for example by diluting and displacing antithyroid unsaturated oils, its short-and medium-chain fatty acids sustain blood sugar and have anti-allergic actions, and it protects mitochondria against stress injury.
>The shorter chain fatty acids of coconut oil are more easily oxidized for energy than long chain fatty acids, and their saturation makes them resistant to the random oxidation produced by inflammation, so they don't support their production of acrolein or age pigment; along with their reported antiinflammatory effect, these properties might be responsible for their beneficial effects that have been seen in Alzheimer's disease.
- Ray Peat, PhD

Mac and cheese can actually be fuckin delicious when it's made right though. I never understood why it's considered kid food. Same goes with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Just because you've tried a lot of different food doesn't mean you're not allowed to enjoy really basic and classic shit.

I like all topics except for anchovies. I fucking hate anchovies. Bush did 911

>flavorless slop
nope. beef and cheese alone have plenty of flavor. as does cheese alone. adding grains (bread or pasta) will only enhance the flavor of the cheese and beef.

a bunch of leaves and crap is nonsense, completely unneeded!

in a philly cheese steak the onions for me just get in the way of the BEEF and CHEESE that is the true flavor beacon. i mean the onion juices are OK but chewing on one is icky. same with the peppers.

>They're no-skill food.
literally irrelevant

>You've been too afraid or unfortunate your whole life to expand your palette that people lose respect for you
false assumption; i haven't been, i've eaten these foods and they generally taste bad or not as good. they aren't objectively better tasting at all. you're full of shit. kids like those foods too because they're THE BEST even picky people will eat it!

>How about alfredo pasta?
i like it also it's great, had it dozens of times. it's actually a sub-set of mac n cheese. but the cheese is to saucey to be the best version, i enjoy the cheese sticking to the pasta. the sharp cheddars are superior here. the alfredo also generally uses longer noodles which require a fork and much more physical effort to eat. i also lift, i'm not even fat. it's not laziness. i prefer sharp cheddar + shells (and salt) to fettucini alfredo

>It's more advanced mac n' cheese
i don't eat powder mac n cheese. i use shredded cheddar with noodles boiled in sea salt.

>I'll proudly say my favorite food is a cheeseburger and nobody will laugh, because making a fantastic cheeseburger takes knowledge.
i prefer only cheese + beef + bun.
i've had virtually all toppings. but my ideal cheese burger is just beef + cheese + bread. no other topping really adds anything i want, i've tried them though.
people call that "plain" but i call those ingredients the most flavorful of all! everything else just takes away from it

when I was a kid I couldn't stand ketchup, it was too sweet and I could only eat bland , plain food.
Now that I'm an adult, my tastebuds aren't as strong, and so now I actually eat ketchup.
but ketchup is supposedly kids food

Every food has an association, and it's usually to show off. Ever see sushi on a kid's menu? Pho is just noodles, but it's fancy adult noodles for hipsters, so it's cool. It means you are a foodie who explores the city's various eateries with your sexy friends and you have cultured and refined tastes. Cool foods are expensive and tell people that you spend time at fancy parties or 5 star yelp restaurants. They take time to prepare and arrange, which shows you have the power to make some phaggot work hard for your eating enjoyment. Pizza is the only cool kids' food.

>but if you say nuggies
if you talk and act like a retarded child in the workplace you deserve to be laughed at.

>chicken kiev
my mom used to make these. they're OK but i don't generally like the shit they put inside. maybe if it was pure cheese, but even then i eat meats more for the FULLNESS factor, they do taste amazing though with cheese or deep-fried in oils.

i like to have my foods more separated anyway. i don't need to have a giant hole inside of my chicken with cheese in it. i can have fried chicken tendies of the highest quality, and then on the side cheesy noodles. you're just an elitist snob.

>my fav food isn't mac n cheese, it's "fettucine alfredo"

>There's nothing wrong with simple.
this is true but fast food is bad for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PH4E2zx8gg

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 5K)

>you will live longer and be healthier than normies.
they're called normalfags you reddit cock sucker

>is icky
youre like a woman

>he said norman da wong wei dat meens he a nomal abuhbuhbuhbhuh!!!!

Attached: 1516341454024s.jpg (250x140, 7K)

>kids like those foods too because they're THE BEST
You are a kid.

Simple and cheap doesn't have to mean bland. You can be on the poverty diet eating rice and beans every night and still make it tasty just by tossing some jalapenos, garlic, and onion and things like that in a pot for a bit.

>it's fancy adult noodles for hipsters,
It's just another type of noodle you fucking retard

i wish i could care this much about food
seriously, not trying to fuck with you user. i like your attitude

>this is true but fast food is bad for you.
because of the oils they deep-fry stuff in, mainly. as well as the massive amounts of high fructose corn syrup drinks. eating a burger or fries (if deep-fried in healthy oils) isn't even bad for you, and fast food isn't inherently super low quality (nutrient-wise) in comparison to regular foods you buy from other places.

most restaurants DO NOT use grass-fed beef or dairy, or the equivalent for other animals and whatnot.

>>he said norman da wong wei dat meens he a nomal abuhbuhbuhbhuh!!!!
reddit came here and started saying normie because they didn't want to offend their faggot friends, newfags like you picked up on it and only newfags post retarded wojacks so you've already proven my point kiddo.

A griiled cheese on good bread with swiss, smoked guda, and a slice of tomato is GOAT.

that's my point tho. it's a fancy name for the same shit.

Who cares. I like toppings but why does it matter? It pisses me off when people nitpick each other about what they like to eat. If you don't like toppings or like certain foods and they don't and give you shit, tell them to kill themselves. It's not their business and doesn't even affect them.

they call it that because that's what it's called you dumb fuck. do you cry because someone says macaroni and cheese instead of noodles and cheese?

elaborate. children have unrefined taste buds, but that doesn't mean children don't know what tastes good, they go by the same instincts as adults.
i'm 25 years old and a programmer, these dudes are 35yo (one is a cuck w/ a single mother gf) and know i'm a better programmer, and went to a better school.

>i like grass-fed vermont sharp cheddar oven-baked on authentic conchiglie pasta

sure i do but cheese on top of noodles is just so universally delicious, you can basically turn it into a $1 cheap processed dish and still have it palatable to millions of people.

>he eats cheap, easy, no-hassle food
LMAO, food doesn't taste good unless it's exorbitantly expensive, you peasant. Caviar and Lobster tastes 10x better than tendies or pizza. Sorry you can't afford superior food.

This. If you plebs don't eat like pic related, you should literally just die. You're worthless to society.

Attached: Pete-Evans-Diet.jpg (360x480, 60K)

OP is a faggot who got laughed at for talking about "tendies" and "nuggies" at work. You could have asked to get lunch from a chicken shop and not come off like a little faggot

>i wish i could care this much about food
your body is made of food
good nutrition is directly correlated with health and all virtually other life quality measures
most human suffering is directly related to bad nutrition, wars and millions of deaths caused by this
you eat food every day

you SHOULD care about food!

Ketchup is so fucking disgusting. Anyone who enjoys that shit should off themselves.

>i'm 25 years old
25 is the new 18 and you continue to show how much of a child you are with each post. move out of home user.

imagine typing all of this out

In a culinary sense you're pretty much still a child and have never grown out of pickiness. Here's an article I read a while ago on your condition:

melmagazine.com/the-men-who-eat-like-boys-c72c39da18bf

The problem with ketchup is that it just hides all the other taste in the food. I don't think the taste is disgusting, but it's too sweet and overwhelming.

the only thing I'm snobby about is steaks really.

cholesterol plaque will destroy your arteries.
meat eating is the silent killer

And some people think grains cause dimentia. Who cares?

>falling for keto broscience
wew lad

Everything about it is disgusting. Especially the smell. Ketchup is for faggots and children

The type of person who says condiments, spices, and toppings are superfluous and unnecessary is the type of person who would unironicly replace meals with onions.

kek you have op exactly, well played user.

>be at pricey steak restaurant with younger cousin
>order a steak for him
>he floods his whole plate in ketchup to the point where the steak is submerged

Attached: 0fQRGDW.gif (400x204, 42K)

Don't worry user, I find your choices perfectly acceptable and I'm a fembot.
What kind of cheese do you use for your Mac? I never had Mac and Cheese in my entire life because it's simply not a common dish here, but I suspect you use cheddar? If you like noodles and cheese I can recommend to you pasta with leafy spinach in Gorgonzola sauce, you really don't need much for that either! Maybe some nutmeg to round off the flavour.

My favourite dish is white curry, it's super easy to make, quite flexible since you can add various kinds of veggies, and very tasty!

I enjoy 1 little dab of ketchup on my burger, that is the only instance I use it. A hint of its flavor. It is far too sweet and overpowering, as others have said. It doesn't even taste like tomato.

I don't have a problem with vegetables. My problem is that 99.9% of people do not know how to properly cook them.

Didn't realize there was a new word filter. I meant replace meals with onions-lent.

it's a pretty neutral taste. sometimes i'm just trying to get food in my stomach, french fries that are hot are hard to eat, but if you dip it in the ketchup it cools down. potatoes are highly nutritious, so is beef and chicken

what? Ray Peat isn't keto, he's against it and believes carbs should be most of the daily calories for most people.

saturated fats are generally better than the polyunsaturated fats. virtually all fats have some level of PUFA, even coconut oil has single-digit percents. beef and dairy also have 5-15% PUFA, so ideally avoiding cancerous PUFA would be achieved best by a low-fat diet.

>Starving for sugar causes the body to break down proteins to make glucose, weakening the organism's resistance, providing amino acids for tumor growth, and probably providing ammonia and other things that stimulate growth and interfere with differentiation. The liberated free fatty acids in either sugar deprivation or diabetes (in which cells are starved for glucose) stimulate tumor growth.
>There are many people currently recommending fish oil (or other highly unsaturated oils) for preventing or treating cancer, and it has become almost as common to recommend a sugar free diet, "because sugar feeds cancer."... Cancer cells use glucose and the amino acid glutamine primarily for synthetic purposes, and use fats as their energy source;the growth stimulating effect of the "essential fatty acids" shows that depriving a tumor of those fats retards its growth. The great energetic inefficiency of the cancer metabolism, which causes it to produce a large amount of heat and to cause systemic stress, failure of immunity, and weight loss, is because it synthesizes fat from glucose and amino acids, and then oxidizes the fat as if it were diabetic.
- Ray Peat, PhD

the hell is onion-lent

>and im a fembot

Attached: A0ABE4F8-75F9-4104-A4A6-33E10617A030.png (485x443, 22K)

The last time I had a steak ordered well done at a restaurant, the waitress brought a shitton of ketchup packets over to my table that weren't there before the order. I think it might have been a subtle insult towards me.

Onions you dumbo.
Our opinions are more valued and appreciated than yours, Grug.

It's really sad when supposed adults argue over the proper phrasing of an insult.

>gets a second chance
>still fucks up his meme
*Onions consuming intensifies*

I don't know about ketchup, but if I'm using steak sauce, its cause the steak is bad.

Apparently even s 0 y gets filtered. What an idiotic decision. Now you can't even have a proper conversation about nutrition, including s*y and actual onions on Jow Forums anymore.

>implying they're adults

>and I'm a fembot.
and I stopped reading there.

Fuck me. Onions

why they filter that but never cuck?
that was far far more prolific and annoying

>muh opines
Thats where youre wrong. Your cunt photos give them to me.

Because the janitors need to be able to engage in their cuck threads over on /soc/.

Damn that's thorough. Even filters with an o. Going to try a few different combinations here.
$oy
$oy
$0y

That's the one. So. What I was trying to say is that I imagine OP is the type of person who would actually replace a meal with $oy-lent.

>how is pizza more sophisticated?

A long culinary history and the fact it has more nutritional balance than tendies which are all fat & protein & will make you constipated? Chicken Kiev is lighter on the fat and very similar.

Mac & Cheese being scoffed at seems more like snobbery, you can make quite a nice high quality mac and cheese baked with some good cheese. Eating the boxed version is pretty pleb though and I'm pretty sure that's what OP does.

>Yeah i admit these foods are fattening, that's why i don't always eat them but nobody laughs as hard if you say 'oh my favorite food is pistachio ice cream' or 'chocolate cheese cake'

These are desserts rather than main dishes.

What kind of evil son of a bitch puts barbeque sauce on their burger? Are they connected with the forbidden fruit on pizza people?

>In a culinary sense you're pretty much still a child
not really. this guy in the article eats the same way he did as a kid. i DO NOT. i eat completely differently than i did as a child, way more diverse. but at the same time, i don't care for all of those stupid non-foods, flavorless leaves and other shit. it adds very little flavor. explain exactly how a burger is better with 5 different plants on it instead of more meat and cheese? those 2 foods taste great already!

Niggers. They drown everything in barbecue sauce and then ook at white people because they can't taste proper amounts of spices anymore.

>9999 for mac n cheese

There's nothing wrong with eating tendies, mac n cheese, etc.

However, if that's ALL you can eat, it's fucking annoying and people see you as a pleb faggot. It means you have no flavor palette and never became a culinary adult. In other words you're a spoiled baby and actually a bothersome cunt because when people are enjoying something with a sublime flavor you're whining you want your simple salt/fat meal since you can't appreciate all the other little flavors that go into a more complex dish. And it's just embarrassing.

Attached: Classic-Chicken-Marsala-by-debi-uller-410x273.jpg (410x273, 40K)

>explain exactly how a burger is better with 5 different plants on it instead of more meat and cheese?

Superior texture? Depth of flavor? Being more filling without adding as much grease? Not resulting in the bottom bun disintegrating from the sheer grease drip of your superior quadruple patty burger?

>A long culinary history and the fact it has more nutritional balance than tendies which are all fat & protein
false. tomato sauce and bread are low in nutrients. wheat is ENRICHED with fake vitamins to give bread any nutritional values, google it. cheese is the healthiest part of the pizza, mac n cheese has more cheese:wheat ratio

meanwhile, chicken is high in nutrients. fat and protein are macronutrients and you need 2000-3500 calories per day anyway. if you deep-fry in coconut oil it's not unhealthy!
>Chicken is an excellent source of niacin and very good source of protein and selenium. It is also a good source of protein, selenium, vitamin B6, and phosphorus. It is also a good source of choline, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12.

I find it similar with Indians and Mexicans. I enjoy hot spices and eat them regularly. But I don't need a lot because I haven't desensitized my taste buds. I can taste the flavor with 1/10 of what they use. And this is supposed to be a bad thing? I don't get it. I'm literally superior with a more sensitive palette.

>soi
Just write soi

They laugh and find it weird because eating the same bland, simple foods is generally what children and autistic people do. Both are hesitant to try new things, and both get overwhelmed/dislike intense or complex flavours. It doesn't mean you are a child or autistic, but it does mean you are doing what they do. Just like you can flap your hands and screech in public. You aren't autistic, but people sure as hell will treat you like you are.

>flavorless leaves
You should try growing your own vegetables, the ones you buy at Walmart are forced to grow through accumulation of water, then harvested before they are even ripe. A grocery store tomato tastes like water, a garden tomato tastes like tomato.

>These are desserts rather than main dishes.
mac n cheese can also be a side-dish or dessert item. this is a cultural norm, who says i have your same culture and eating habits? maybe for me, french fries are a breakfast food and hash browns are for dinner. they're the same shit, why are you culturally intolerant? mexicans eat tacos for breakfast

smoked gouda, horseradish creme, mustard on bottom bun, iceberg lettuce, onions.

anything else is worthless. fight me.

Attached: 1524869408498.gif (500x375, 1.49M)

Yeah, no shit, meat is nutrient dense. It still doesn't have fiber and your superior all chicken tendie diet will have you bleeding out of your asshole. On the toilet you will be crying in pain going "Why, why didn't I eat bread despite its inferior nutrient density?"

Nigger who the fuck eats mac and cheese for dessert?

I know a guy who's favourite pizza is pineapple, jalapenos, either ham or salami, and BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce.

Sounds like a cool dude desu. Probably pie-ology.

>mac n cheese
>bland
Lol maybe if you get it from the Kraft box with "cheese product" you plebshit

Attached: img_9403.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

they're joking with you retard, they're laughing at you, sure, but in a playful way. Who honestly looks down on a person because they enjoy a certain type of food? You have to understand how benign their disrespectful comments really are.

Also, meat and cheese on a burger is very unappetizing. Add the toppings nerd. Get green pepper and onion on your pizze with sausage, thin crust. It's delicious. Expand your palette. You seem immature because a child refuses toppings in favor of cheese or tendies or french fries. By adulthood most people acquire tastes for more complex flavors.

I very much like pineapple ham pizza, with tomato sauce of course. Sweet and savoury is a good combination for my palate, but I won't force it upon others. My absolute favourite pizza has spinach, grilled chicken breast, brined sheep cheese, jalapenos, tomato sauce, garlic and cheese as toppings.

>Superior texture?
take the OP pic, the most superior texture is cheese, then beef. the rest are all dependent on a number of factors, but onions and tomatoes have bad texture IMO. i've had many, many of them "open-minded" i decided based on the overwhelming evidence the texture was bland, undesirable, and gets rid of the flavors of the beef and cheese (the most superior and delicious ingredients). lettuce is hit or miss. mustard is generally gross, as are pickles, mayo (very bad for you). mushrooms are bland as shit and have a gross, slimy texture. BBQ is hit or miss. bacon is OK by itself, sometimes.

>Depth of flavor?
less desirable flavors mixed with more desirable flavors != better. actually it's worse. you chew it all up and it's a more mixed flavor in your mouth, i prefer less undesirable flavors in that mix.

>Being more filling without adding as much grease?
i'm not fat at all. you're just a low-energy idiot. my metabolic rate remains high, i don't worry about getting fat from consuming energy-dense foods that are also nutrition. beef and cheese are nutritious, get over it. i eat other things too but if a person needs 3k calories a day to not feel starving, those extra toppings aren't going to help at all. a side of mac-n-cheese will though, even though it technically is quite fattening. so i eat it rarely, it's my favorite because i don't eat it every day

>next up on "My 600 lbs life"

Raw onions are pure shit, but cooked onions are GOAT.
Same goes for mushrooms.

Attached: sauteed-mushrooms-and-onions-w.jpg (499x333, 238K)

>with bacon crumbles in it
Enough to make me cum.

All of the best food is cheap. It's absolutely horrible for you but that's why it's a treat and not something you eat every day. Nothing is better than going to Golden corral and eating 10 plates of potatoes and fried chicken every few months.

Faggots who go out for fancy retard meals are just trying to convince their social media followers they're cultured or some shit.

>Nigger who the fuck eats mac and cheese for dessert?
for breakfast i almost always eat beef/potato soup, or mac-n-cheese. it's hard for me to get a large amount of food (800+ calories) high in protein in 1 meal at breakfast for most so-called 'breakfast foods'. plus most 'breakfast foods' at restaurants are cheap, inferior.
i need to eat a large amount of energy-dense foods in quick periods sometimes, i'm not fat. i drink lots of [real sugar] soda and eat cheese by the brick and beef jerky at work, but at home i drink a liter of orange juice in the PM. most people consider OJ a breakfast drink, but i prefer carbonated, caffeine-included [real sucrose sugar] drinks in the AM and lots of OJ at night for my sugar needs.

people call that backwards but to me, it makes sense. i make my own culture i don't blindly follow "social norms" like a lemming who doesn't eat (consume precious nutrients) systematically, strategically, and intelligently

>unironically using normalfag
you're trying too hard to fit in on our secret club, you are not welcome

>lobster is superior food
in the past, lobsters were one of the poorest foods you could eat, did it become top tier out of nowhere just because it's expensive? you absolute faggot

>Raw onions are pure shit
speak for yourself, pleb