>19
>get my first job bussing tables for $8 an hour
>mom approaches me
>demands i pay $200 a month in rent

Attached: 4502D4BB-8847-4148-BDD9-834FA5F51B38.png (409x409, 213K)

So, you make up that money in two weeks working twenty-hours a week?

Sounds pretty easy. I work 18.5 hours a week and make 1600 dollars a month. My dad's rent is only 350.

What job pays 21/hr part time?

>26
>Make $3k per month
>Pay $1k per month rent
>$300 food
>$200 insurance
>$100 internet, internet services
>$50 gas
>$50 student loans
>$25 ghetto cell phone plan
>$200 on miscellaneous junk
>~1k leftover

I'm never going to be able to afford a house, am I? Help

>hes saving a thousand a month
>I forgot I had work today

Roommates? Significant others?

Yeah like when you hit 40

Civil servant for the public library.

>save for two years, build up $20k down payment
>put 20% down on $100k house/condo/apartment, get 30 year FIXED RATE mortgage
>money that used to go to rent now goes to building equity
>wa la

move into a small room, start taking the bus and save you dumb fag. inb4 omg ppl r gonna think I'm a loser. fuck off queer if u want a house buckle the fuck down

your mom's a nutty bitch

why do you even need a house? keep hearing everyone needs a house but why bother? too expensive, barely worth the price

save yourself the stress and rent for life

Why is the govt so wasteful?

Life surely is hell user.

wow your mom is a piece of shit.
my parents tried to do that to me before but it only lasted one time. they never ask anymore
i am 30 years old still live with my parents.
i have my own car that i got for free by the way.
i have no bills at all.
i make around $500 a week and it only takes me 5 minutes to get to my job.
i currently have almost $35,000 saved.
i know my job isn't that good i don't get paid alot.
but this is my life. also no gf but dont care.
i am better off than all the retards that have to pay for things.

>never getting to actually own something.
fuck that. i will never rent anything.

ausfag here, our rent is almost as much as a mortgage.

yeah i like people who gloat about not living at home and how expensive the shit they have is but unless they come from a rich family i bet they'd be embarrassed if you were to look at their bank account and see how much they were spending to keep up the appearance that they have wealth

why the fuck do parents do this? do they want us to never save money? i could understand if you were purchasing expensive clothes, a tv and consoles and shit, but if you're not then, why?

my mom did this and i ended up moving out. but to this day it pisses me off. just ask me to do chores instead.

same but my parents are divorced
when my dad asked i moved in with my mom

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 35K)

im pretty sure like 90% of americans are in debt and pretend like they aren't.

because women are mean and selfish its usually the mother that wants this to happen.
they get pissed cause you get to keep all your money and they don't . thats how normies are too they get really aggressive if someone has an easier life than them but the normies always win cause they have numbers.

they grew up in a time when life was easy and have no concept of how little money $8/hr is

Also an ausfag and yeah i know that parts of why my attitude towards owning a home is why bother, seems like too much bullshit to put up with
owing a home has never been much of a goal for me anyway, it's just a dumb social expectation, no need to get yourself sucked into the normie money trap

>Spending money you wouldn't on repairs
>Spending TIME on repairs
>Spending money on interest on mortgage
>Housing prices tank for some reason or another

Buying a house isn't a strictly better option

Most parents view their child as a burden after they stop being cute at age 10. Partially it's to benefit from having you around by sucking you dry. The other half is that it's encouragement to get you to leave. Most parents are terrible people.

$200 a month in rent still means she's massively subsidising your rent. I'm moving out and my rent is bumping from $400 to $900.

What kind of fucked up parent charges their own child rent lmao

Must be an American thing or something

Ouch. My mom did this when I was making the same and I gave her 50 bucks and said "this is what I can give you and I can't even afford this, I need to pay for a car with what little money I have" and that was the end of that.
She ended up just telling me to buy my own groceries and we never had a problem.

Buying a house is always better. You have nothing to show for rent. Even if you get a good deal on your rent, it's just money down the hole. Even if the value of your home tanks, it's still worth more than nothing (the value of renting).

Also, I'm in the rental business. Doing repairs costs next to nothing. The only real expense is replacing carpet when someone moves out. ($1,000 usd) I

t's a fucking scam worse than mortgages by far. If you can get a house for 100k and have a 400 a month mortgage and let's say you dump 200 a month on repairs, you're still better off. Renting is for people who are too stupid to watch their credit and filling up my family's pockets. Thanks, retards.

Yes yes buy a home goy. Dont forget to refinance.. heheh

Attached: 4908B82F-2168-45F8-BB82-6E3E2EF5E9E1.gif (501x504, 11K)

I pay 300 burger bucks a month to my parents for their basement but it's basically a mid sized apartment with no kitchen. Pretty comfy compared to the ghetto apartments that I can afford in my area.

Tendie lady does not deserve money for her job
Put the Tendie lady in her place user

>spends 1k a month on rent
>has 1k left over
You could go out and get a mortgage right now. You'd end up making money because most of what you're spending in housing bills ends up increasing your equity. Hell, you'd probably end up paying less than 1k on your mortgage.

Fuck you got it ez. I pay 600 for no privacy. They cook my dinner and do my laundry and dishes though. But mostly cause I got a fucked up back.

its the capitalist mentality, anything that's not monetized is communism.

istg americans
how do you spend 300 on food
how is it 100 for internet
wtf u mean 200 miscellaneous junk

> If you can get a house for 100k

AAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

impossible in Ausfailia, even our shithole houses are over $1mill here