Mfw i have an appointment to see a female councillor tomorrow to talk about alcoholism and depression

>mfw i have an appointment to see a female councillor tomorrow to talk about alcoholism and depression
>mfw i dont think she will understand where im coming from because shes a woman and im a young man (22)
>mfw im probably going to have to get drunk to have the courage to even show up

Attached: wojak7.jpg (236x253, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-2/134-142.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why don't you just call the clinic and ask for a male one because, you are not comfortable talking to a woman.

why don't you just give it a shot first before you psych yourself out of it.

my appointment is in about 12 hours its too late change, if i try to cancel i will get involuntarily commited to the psych ward and fuck that

i do want to give it a try im just anxious as fuck talking to anyone face to face, male or female

>i do want to give it a try im just anxious as fuck talking to anyone face to face, male or female
Yeah I hear you mate. It'll be better than you expect. Just let it happen. I'm glad you're doing this, it has potential to help. Hang in there.

i honestly dont know whats wrong with me and why i think the way i do im just scared i wont be taken seriously when i try to explain it

Good start. Just tell her that then. Say you needed to get drunk to build up the courage to attend and start from there.

Honesty will get you everywhere in life mate.

What are you going to try to explain?

thats a good point, i just dont know how she will react

just trying to explain how i dont find happiness in anything and i think im going to die alone and my alcohol addiction which i need to even get out of bed

You have an addiction, brother, and sounds like other issues too. It's a real thing, and they're there to help you work through your problems. It's going to be hard, it's going to hurt, but you're going to get through this and come out better on the other end.

Useless. Going to a female councillor will be useless 100% of the time

protip: you're not depressed, you're just an alcoholic

thank you i appreciate the kind words, but i cant comprehend positive outcomes and i dont know why

im not going to say its 100% useless (at least im trying right?) i just think a man would relate to me more

i was diagnosed with depression about 3 years ago, so no

>I went hangover to some dumb fuck who's word is equal to god to diagnose me with depression

Nevermind, you're just retarded.

what the fuck are you talking about?

originalia

I have DEPRESSION, give me a break here.

i have been diagnosed with depression from hospital staff more than once, so yes i do. what is your point?

>but i cant comprehend positive outcomes and i dont know why
Because you've trained or been trained into a completely self defeating mindset. The concept of coming out better feels alien. I know, I've been there. Give it time, and tell yourself - consciously - that things can be better. It will feel ridiculous and laughable at first, but over time, you will be more open to it. That's how this works. The mind is malleable, like clay. Your thought patterns have been molded into this negative mindset, and it will take time to make it into something different.

Remember to tell the truth. Being honest with yourself and the therapist is the most important part of getting better. Best of luck user.

i do want to change and be happy, but i know if im left alone ill keep going with self destructive behaviours. I might have to go away for a while but i hate disappointing my dad and being the fuck-up of the family

>whaaa whaaaa I'm so special no woman can understand me whaaaa
It's her damn fucking job, she's seen a lot.

>if i try to cancel i will get involuntarily commited to the psych ward and fuck that
>people who drink alot and depressed people are thrown into psych wards where he lives
which shithole do you happen to live in?

Attached: 1522825161972.jpg (500x500, 26K)

DON'T FUCKING GO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT HER
You could end up misdiagnosed and getting fucked over by this bitch because you're a robot.

>i do want to change and be happy
And this is why you're going to make it, user.
>I might have to go away for a while but i hate disappointing my dad and being the fuck-up of the family
Realistically, dude, as long as you're pushing to try and fix and improve yourself, you will never be a disappointment or a fuck up. Success is getting back in that saddle every time you get knocked down.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

If you don't like them just see someone else. If you're an anxious defective retard most therapist will even help you find someone else.

I would know I'm a defective retard

Your just being a pussy and looking for excuses. Stop the chain of faggotry and just go so you can finally stop posting this trash.

Mate, I'm a clinical psychologist working in a specialized clinic for addiction. What you've been describing in this thread will shock no-one that works there. If they don't understand you, that's on them, not on you. What you describe is fairly common (in the field) and perfectly treatable.

If you're uncomfortable with a female psychologist/psychiatrist, it is perfectly acceptable to say so and ask for a male. Both male and female patients do this all the time, no one will think it's weird.

If I'm an alcoholic chainsmoker, would it be wiser to quit both at once or one at a time? How do I stop from shaking?

She's not supposed to "understand", she won't do anything except make you talk about yourself so you can think about your own problems and how to solve them by yourself. It's basically a money-grubbing scheme for normalfag retards who can't into introspection, and think that giving you 45 minutes to actually think about your life without distractions is some incredible feat of modern medicine.

Stop drinking first, never stop cold turkey. Gradually decrease use of one substance before you start tinkering with the next. Shaking will be less severe or even absent if you gradually stop. A doctor or therapist can help create a schedule for this and can prescribe helpful medication.

Also: have your thiamine levels checked at your doctor. Alcoholics tend to have extreme depletion of vitamin B1. This is in part due to poor nutrition, but also due to poorer uptake of thiamine when using alcohol. This is a think not a lot of people know about, but is actually a HUGE problem for alcoholics that can be helped by taking the right supplements (often injections) even if you don't stop drinking.

Source for thiamine: pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-2/134-142.htm

I was in the same boat last year just recently stopped going. First few appointments we're good. She was making out a plan to treat my social anxiety and alcohol abuse telling me all the stuff we'd work on (Pretty much what she has to do every few months for her boss). Months pass we never work on any of it,. I can almost tell she doesn't want me there anymore appointments are always short, keeps asking me in roundabout ways why I'm still coming. She was qt tho so if nothing else I got some experience in that. Went to see someone else for a few months same shit. And I've been to 4+ before my alcohol habits too. All in all not worth the money.
Anyways now I'm sober without there help and just drink a shit ton of different teas. Some I've tried even had a benzos type effect.

You have to show up. And you have to be sober.

There is no way out of it and it won't be that bad.

>just trying to explain how i dont find happiness in anything and i think im going to die alone and my alcohol addiction which i need to even get out of bed
That's pretty standard therapy shit, I'm sure she's used to that stuff. Just give honest answers when she questions you, I see people on here seething that some therapist dared to even ask them WHY they think they can't get a gf, and they just answered with 'dunno lol'
I was expecting you to say weird incel fetish shit desu

iOP probably is from the land of the free where oil is cheap and burgers tasty