Why are bosses allowed to just lay you off because they don't need you anymore?

Why are bosses allowed to just lay you off because they don't need you anymore?

Now my whole life is ruined. I'm back here listening to my mom yell at me and make me do house chores and I'm 24. This shit is psychologically fucking damaging, this should not happen. And all because my boss just "didn't need me anymore". I improved my lifestyle so much when I got a full time job and now it's fucking ruined again, it's like I just got sent back in time and all my efforts don't fucking matter anymore. I'm considering spending the last of what I have on a shotgun and killing myself like that other robot. It could take fucking months to find another job that's tolerable again.

Attached: 1349921127810.jpg (1646x1173, 757K)

This is why shit like unions exist

What was your job?

Were you the only one to get fired? Maybe your boss didn't like you so you were first in line to go.

I was a temp worker in a factory for about six months. I thought people hire temp workers if they do a good job, but I guess not. He needed me until all my tasks were complete and then he let me go and said he will have more work for me come August.. Like that's helpful.

Being a temp worker I didn't have a union or anything.

My temp agency guy got me another replacement job on Friday, but it was infinitely worse. I was working in a giant industrial refrigerator sorting tomatos into boxes with a bunch of illegal immigrants and meth heads. I walked out of that shit heap after four hours after I got yelled at by a woman I've never met before for using the bathroom too many times, when she had her information wrong and I only went to the bathroom once.

I'm not going to work my ass off and get treated like shit for minimum wage working with fucking illegals. I want my old job back. I'm a law abiding man with a college degree. I want a normal, reasonable fucking job.

Yeah, temp jobs are absolute shit. Try reading up on the union agreements with the companies. Some places are forced to hire you once you work a certain number of hours (which means some of them let you go before you reach that limit). You seem to be getting shit jobs. Try getting assembly line work; that tends to be more stable and has a better chance of you getting hired by the company.

My boss said there was no more work for me and my temp job was complete. This was a week after he just hired a new guy. So yeah, I guess he must not have liked me, because he knew I was interested in continuing working there. I've told him that specifically before multiple times.

My mom was just yelling at me about all the yardwork I'm going to have to do today and all the housework I'm going to have to do next week. I don't want to do any of that shit. I think I'm getting too old for this. I'm hitting a breaking point. If it gets too bad I'm going to have to just tell her to fuck off and if she doesn't like it kick me out, if not then shut the fuck up and leave me be. (If I get kicked out I'll buy a gun and off myself, I have the savings for that. I have 2.5k in the bank. Absolutely not enough to move out on but I could definitely buy a shotgun if need be and stay in a motel for a week beforehand.)

>temp worker
>surprised when it ends

So you didn't really have a job

Do you have any university degrees? How about retail (I know, I know) or other kinds of minimum wage jobs to tide you over while you get certs or something?

I went to a work environment five days a week, clocked in at the start time and I put in 40 hours a week of work just like anyone else faggot, fuck you.

I have an Associates degree, not great, I know, but it's something. I've had about 15 or so jobs in the past and all my work experience leading up to this point has told me that any retail or fast food job just isn't worth applying for. They are so miserable that even if I get hired I will inevitably quit very soon and it isn't worth the effort. Being paid close to minimum wage to do something that makes you want to kill yourself each and every day is not an improvement over being NEET. It's honestly just as shitty, just for different reasons. I want my life to actually IMPROVE, or, at least go back to how it was last week.

world wide worker's revolution when?

Ok but you were a temp which means they get rid of you. Why would you cry about something you know is coming? You should have continued searching for a real job.

What's the Associates in?

Americas anti-union mindset is why employers have all control in the workforce dynamic.

With temp jobs it's the unions that write the rules on how long a temp has to work before he's an employee, as well as the benefits a temp gets relative to full-time workers. They want to protect their own members by making sure that temps are second-class.

Temps are second class though.

Employers are still allowed to fire non-temps just as easily unless said employer has a strong union force.

>misrepresenting his liberal studies associate degree as a "college degree"
>complaining about a temp job ending

no wonder you can't get a real job.

It is unfortunate that you lost your job. But look at it from the other end. Why should a boss be forced you keep an employee even if he doesn't need him anymore? Why should one be required to pay for a worker if one has no work for him to do?

It sure feels good to not be american

they aren't in some other countries
as a frog of francistan, the net result is unionfags collapse our public transportation system every year for extra benefits
it also means we have a 10% unemployment rate because employers will make you go through much more strict requirements, as they don't want to take a chance on someone they can't fire easily
if gibs is what you want then strong unions are great, but when looking for meaning through work i'll trade job security for job flexibility any day

Wait

> this nigger is a temp worker
> complains about being laid off because his job is finished and he isn't needed anymore

Where we we breeding these morons
I want to nuke the city.

Temp workers in Europe don't have job security either dumbass. Thats why they're called temp workers. Learn 2 read

it fucking sucks man, but that's the game right now. shit is tight in america, these billionaire bank niggers are fucking everything up. hopefully shit will improve but there will definitely be a market crash in the future. it's not just you that's getting fucked in the ass in america

You should join the navy, just got E5 last week.

I'm nearly 24 and am set to get a job that pays at least 160k once I'm out of the service.